EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Franklin @ Central (San Angelo) Playoffs.

I have no prediction just started the thread to remind people that though Franklin hasn't had the best year, they did make it to the playoffs. Cougar fans let's stop bashing coaches, players, parents, etc and get on the **** road next week and support these young men, as they will battle against a top 5 team in the state! They need your support and have taken enough criticism all year. #keepfightingcougars

Re: Franklin @ Central (San Angelo) Playoffs.

I love my Cougars; Good luck boys!!!
Shock the state!!

observer
I have no prediction just started the thread to remind people that though Franklin hasn't had the best year, they did make it to the playoffs. Cougar fans let's stop bashing coaches, players, parents, etc and get on the **** road next week and support these young men, as they will battle against a top 5 team in the state! They need your support and have taken enough criticism all year. #keepfightingcougars
Ye I am Typical El Pasoan so I am supporting my local teams. I have Franklin by 21. Americas by 14, Montwood by 10 and El Dorado by 24.

Central is going to utterly destroy Franklin.

Elrond

If you believe that then move on and start talking about San Angelo's next possible opponent and tell us what will happen in that game. Tell us how far San Angelo will go in the playoffs. Do you think San Angelo is going to win state? Tell us the entire future of San Angelo in the playoffs not just the future of one of their playoff games you so called Nostradumass.

Roger
Elrond

If you believe that then move on and start talking about San Angelo's next possible opponent and tell us what will happen in that game. Tell us how far San Angelo will go in the playoffs. Do you think San Angelo is going to win state? Tell us the entire future of San Angelo in the playoffs not just the future of one of their playoff games you so called Nostradumass.

They or Allen will win state. Whoever wins that game. Probably Allen. But they are one of the few teams that can beat San Angelo this year.

San Angelo will murder Franklin. Just don't see this upset happening.

As much as I would like to see Franklin win, I have to admit they have a zero chance of beating San Angelo!

Amen!

72-0 San Angelo

LuisH
As much as I would like to see Franklin win, I have to admit they have a zero chance of beating San Angelo!

Look these teams have history they know each other very well. It will not be a blow out IMHO

Good luck to the Cougs represent el paso well give it your all. Remember on any given game day.

Franklin and San Angelo do have some history and Franklin has fared well at times vs. San Angelo...that being said...Angelo was building their program at the time and Franklin was competing for district titles not fighting for 4th....Angelo is an elite team with playmakers on the field...they'll have a huge crowd at home...that 6'8 and 6'6 WR are tough matchups for anyone then you throw in an extremely mobile QB and a 210 pound wrecking ball at RB....they will be a tough out for anyone

MattStepp
Franklin and San Angelo do have some history and Franklin has fared well at times vs. San Angelo...that being said...Angelo was building their program at the time and Franklin was competing for district titles not fighting for 4th....Angelo is an elite team with playmakers on the field...they'll have a huge crowd at home...that 6'8 and 6'6 WR are tough matchups for anyone then you throw in an extremely mobile QB and a 210 pound wrecking ball at RB....they will be a tough out for anyone

I agree. San Angelo's receivers are going to have it easy against Franklin's 5'7" to 5'8" defensive backs. Little Joshy Fields from Americas who is light as a feather pounded and went through Franklin's defense like it was swiss cheese now just imagine what San Angelo's QB and RB are going to do to that swiss cheese. Holes holes holes holes everywhere!!!!!!

Supporter
LuisH

Look these teams have history they know each other very well. It will not be a blow out IMHO

It was a blowout last year. Central is extremely good... Matt mentioned why on offense. But the star of the show is their defense which is elite. They haven't lost at home in 4-5 years. I wouldn't be surprised if it's something like 56-0 at halftime.

This is a very tough game for Franklin. And even though Franklin is projected to lose this game, show the Bobcats that we can compete. Win or lose it will be a great experience playing the 4th ranked team in Texas and the 28th ranked team in the nation

MattStepp

Nice to see you posting here Matt, big fan of what you do. Have to say I agree. SA is very good this year and Franklin was very mediocre. This Franklin team has struggled tremendously on defense all year and I dont see that changing in this matchup.

Like you said the best matchups between Franklin and SA were when Franklin was competing for and winning district titles. This team doesnt fit that bill.

Going to be a tough matchup for Franklin, nobody give Franklin a chance to compete against SACental, which is understandable. I heard their making some changes which they should have done along time ago, putting #16 at free safety. That kid is a beast and what I've seen, he loves to hit . Look what he did against EW , he took three kids out of the game and he'll be back next year .

Going to be a tough matchup for Franklin, nobody give Franklin a chance to compete against SACental, which is understandable. I heard their making some changes which they should have done along time ago, putting #16 at free safety. That kid is a beast and what I've seen, he loves to hit . Look what he did against EW , he took three kids out of the game and he'll be back next year .

Good to hear that. All Coaches should see true talent and Not give in to Favoritism & Nepotism !

Hes been playing all year
Guess he couldn't cut the mustard at LB; regardless
we are not even in playoffs!!!..HATE to say it
Good Luck!; maybe the change will help

Central is good but I don't think they're good enough to win state. I think they will push hard for three maybe four rounds. Their offense is their back bone. Their defense is not a championship caliber defense. If a team can take away their pass and make them more run dependent they will have a good chance of beating them. If central is allowed to have a balanced attack then somebody is going to have problems. They have tall receivers, one is 6'8, and they are good ball handlers.

I would just like to see some heart and determination.

I was at the Central vs Midland game. Central is a very talented team. They are very explosive, but did turn the ball over a few times in the first half and Midland was having success running the ball in the first half. The game was tied at the half, but Central made the necessary adjustments coming out of the half and dominated in the second half. I don't see Franklin being able to keep up with their offense. Central's D is very aggressive, their corners are very athletic and like to play tight. Franklin's O will be overwhelmed with the pressure. Franklin will need to play a perfect game and hope Central plays their worst game of the season, to have a chance. I'm an El Paso homer and hope Franklin pulls it off, but I think it will get out of control early.

T_Rebs
Central is good but I don't think they're good enough to win state. I think they will push hard for three maybe four rounds. Their offense is their back bone. Their defense is not a championship caliber defense. If a team can take away their pass and make them more run dependent they will have a good chance of beating them. If central is allowed to have a balanced attack then somebody is going to have problems. They have tall receivers, one is 6'8, and they are good ball handlers.

Not quite right with that evaluation. Their D is the strength. Absolutely outstanding and definitely championship caliber. The offense is very good but the D is what they can hang their hat on. Also they run the ball extremely well and have run more than passed. They have an elite running back with the full toolbox.

Coronado77, what do u mean he couldn't cut the mustard , #16 plays LB,CB AND Safety . And just for ur information, he's the 2nd leading tackler for the cougars behind #5. I'm surprise they don't play him as middle linebacker, just saying.

Coronado77, what do u mean he couldn't cut the mustard , #16 plays LB,CB AND Safety . And just for ur information, he's the 2nd leading tackler for the cougars behind #5. I'm surprise they don't play him as middle linebacker, just saying.

83=== All Coaches should see true talent and Not give in to Favoritism & Nepotism !

This game could get out of hand early in the first quarter. Hopefully Franklin can get some first downs and not give San Angelo good field position.

MIDLAND TROUNCED ELDO
SAN ANGELO BEAT MIDLAND
DESTROYED TASCOSA
AND DESTROYED FRENSHIP

ILL LIGHT A CANDLE FOR YOU FRANKLIN

MIDLAND TROUNCED ELDO
SAN ANGELO BEAT MIDLAND
DESTROYED TASCOSA
AND DESTROYED FRENSHIP

San Angelo beat Midland 40-21
Eldo beat Franklin 69-15
Midland beat Franklin 73-52

UH OHHHHH

That wasn't the score in the Midland-Franklin game.

Light what you want Franklin has a playoff game tonight...

Good luck Cougars!! Represent EPT well boys!!

Elrond
MIDLAND TROUNCED ELDO
SAN ANGELO BEAT MIDLAND
DESTROYED TASCOSA
AND DESTROYED FRENSHIP

San Angelo beat Midland 40-21
Eldo beat Franklin 69-15
Midland beat Franklin 73-52

UH OHHHHH

**** Midland beat Eldo is what I meant.

Should have put in the Midland-Franklin score though... 56-28

If Midland score 76 points on ELD. San Angelo is going to score 176 on Franklin!

San Angelo up 14-0 with eight minutes left in the 1st Qtr.

20-0 San Angelo, 1st Qtr.

San Angelo 34 Franklin 0

10minutes in the 2nd qtr

San Angelo 48 Franklin 0

48-0 San Angelo at Half time. Someone predicted it would be 76-0. This will end up about 96-0 at this pace. This is horrible!

Really!!!

When will Franklin begin to play defense, their defense has sucked for 5 years solid now. All they care about is offense, doesn't matter if you can score 60 or 70 points per game when the other team can also score that or more. This year and last year have been an embarrassment to Franklin, pull your head out of the sand Walker and get a defense!!!

I knew Franklin had no chance and furthermore I don't think its fair for ELP teams to have to play top tier teams in the first round of the playoffs. It's like they want to knock us out of the running sooner then later...haha!

Americas and Canutillo are the only two teams with pretty good defenses.

Again not giving credit where it's due. What about chapins defense.

72-6, someone say it ain't so.

72-7 SA Central

Wow! They did not show up at all.

DB27
Wow! They did not show up at all.

They had no shot at all. Wouldnt have mattered if they played the best game of their life and Central played their worst. Bobcats are a serious contender for a state title and this was just a warmup for their run.

@Observer you are not the real observer!

observer
@Observer you are not the real observer!

Central is just on a much, much higher level than Franklin. There was nothing Franklin could do. Could have been 100-0 if they'd wanted it to be.

Cougars were totally dominated. Only crossed midfield once and that was against 2nd and 3rd stringers. And what's the deal with no band, cheerleaders and dismal amount of fans? They were an embarrassment to El Paso. But by golly their dyed blonde hair sure was pretty. Cougars got Gucci-ed.

Beastmode
Americas and Canutillo are the only two teams with pretty good defenses.

Come on man. Chapin has one of the best defenses in the city.

Congratulations on a successfully season for making the playoffs, and despite losing in the first round to one of the top teams in Texas and the Nation. I'm sure it was a great learning experience for the team that will carry them into next season.

OldEPGuy
Cougars were totally dominated. Only crossed midfield once and that was against 2nd and 3rd stringers. And what's the deal with no band, cheerleaders and dismal amount of fans? They were an embarrassment to El Paso. But by golly their dyed blonde hair sure was pretty. Cougars got Gucci-ed.

Franklin's Band is at State competition.

Jake
OldEPGuy

Franklin's Band is at State competition.

That's done they got last place.

Successful season, really!

Beastmode
I knew Franklin had no chance and furthermore I don't think its fair for ELP teams to have to play top tier teams in the first round of the playoffs. It's like they want to knock us out of the running sooner then later...haha!

Sucks to be top tier Euless Trinity and top tier Allen, forced to play each other often in round 1 or 2

Cougars take this loss as motivation to NEVER, EVER feel this way again!

Boaz
Congratulations on a successfully season for making the playoffs, and despite losing in the first round to one of the top teams in Texas and the Nation. I'm sure it was a great learning experience for the team that will carry them into next season.

Really !! 70+ points to almost half a penny gives you experience? Nah didn't EPISD get that bond ? Time to make Franklin great I suppose

lol
72-0 San Angelo
Almost got it right

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m