EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Eastlake @ Andress

Very interested in hearing thoughts and predictions. Players expected to play well, matchups, etc... Don't hold back!

Re: Eastlake @ Andress

Eastfake by alot.

Andress by 5

Is this game being played on Thursday?

Uhmmm yeah Falcons have this one by 14!

I think this game is going to be closer than a lot of people think.

I also think that Eastlake is the better team, but if it is going to be as close as I suspect, then special teams will be the difference and that plays in favor of Andress winning a close one.

Haven't seen Andress play, but that Eastlake O can put up some points. That QB is the real deal. They do a great job of occupying linebackers with WRs and RBs running different routes and the QB will torch you by throwing or running. However, their D has a lot of holes. If Andress can sustain a shootout, then they have a shot. Otherwise, Eastlake will prevail.

Eastlakes' secondary is weak. If you can pass you will win. They did a good job of stopping Canut's run this past week but the secondary couldn't defend anyone.

So much for 7 on 7.

Westside
Eastlakes' secondary is weak. If you can pass you will win. They did a good job of stopping Canut's run this past week but the secondary couldn't defend anyone.
canutillo could of scored more but moya is hurt

Canutillo
Westside
Lets see we gave you 17 Points. Eastlake could of scored more but Avina was out.

End of 1Q Andress 0 Eastlake 0

Both pretty even. The defenses are having goodnights so far.

Eastlake 7 Andress 0 9:16 2Q

Andress 6 Eastlake 7 (missed PAT) 4:26 2Q

Eastlake 14 Andress 6 :51 2Q

NE Soul
Eastlake 14 Andress 6 :51 2Q

Eagles getting out coached and mistakes, mistakes, mistakes for the Eagles.

Not out coached at all. People use that word so loosely. Eastlake was making plays, mainly their running back.

Eastlake 14 Andress 12 (missed 2pt.) 10:50 3Q

Eastlake 21 Andress 12 8:09 3Q

Eastlake running back having a big game. He's quick.

Eastlake 21 Andress 18 (Andress can't get the snap proper for an extra point) 5:42 3Q

Eastlake 28 Andress 18 3:53 3Q

Eastlake no huddle taking its toll

Is it true Andress is trying to hold back their senior QB for football purposes to play another year? Heard parents are administrators and are going to make it happen. We shall see if EPISD is really corrupt.

Andress basically gives Eastlake a free pas down the field with personal fouls.

Eastlake 35 Andress 18 11:56 4Q

EP Fan
Is it true Andress is trying to hold back their senior QB for football purposes to play another year? Heard parents are administrators and are going to make it happen. We shall see if EPISD is really corrupt.

Don't believe everything you hear.

Also this game is getting bad with officiating. Refs aren't protecting players.

Good to know.

Why are the REFs always terrible for Andress games? Seems like they alway have it out for them.

Several PI throughout the game the refs fail to call on Eastlake. Andress keeps up with the penalties though.

EP Fan
Good to know.

Why are the REFs always terrible for Andress games? Seems like they alway have it out for them.

If you're here you'd see Andress receivers are beating the Eastlake corners every play, but the Refs are letting a a lot of contact downfield during passes.

****! Hope they can snap outta it quick and fight through the bad calls.

Eastlake 35 Andress 25 7:31 4Q

Yes!

Refs are really throwing a flag every play. It's ridiculous.

****! How much time left?

One thing I can say is that Andress' coaches are doing a horrible job at clock management and timeouts.

Same score?

35-31

About min left

Xp pending

Eastlake 35 Andress 32 :52 4Q Andress to onside kick

Wow tight game.

Andress player touches onside before it goes 10 yards and they were for sure going to get it.

Final Eastlake 35 Andress 32

They get the onside kick?

EP Fan
They get the onside kick?

No it was an illegal touching penalty and Eastlake took over and kneeled out the game.

D1 talent?????????? please
way to go EASTLAKE
heck yeah

They may have D1 talent but middles school coaches. How can you not make a state run, year in and year out with all that talent? Pathetic.

EP Fan
They may have D1 talent but middles school coaches. How can you not make a state run, year in and year out with all that talent? Pathetic.

100% feel the same way. Might even say little league coaches. They held the Andress players back so much tonight.

FEAR THE

NE Soul
EP Fan

100% feel the same way. Might even say little league coaches. They held the Andress players back so much tonight.

NE Soul get off your high horse man.... this game wasn't even close as the score indicates!!!! Eastlake was in control the whole game ... this game should have ended 42-25 the only reason you even got close was because Eastlake coaches decided to burn the clock with 2nd and goal.... and that bad fumble call at the 5 yard line that the refs gifted you on Eastlakes own 5 yard line that let you make that last drive !!!!!! So you can keep saying this and that !!!! You know and I know this game was never in jeopardy and Eastlake was the better team tonight !!!! And you sure don't talk about the pass interference calls that the refs gifted you all night now do you? Get over it dude !!!!! you lost move on and stop making it seem like you could have won ...... truth be told you got out played all night !!! So walk away with some class my man !!!!!!!!!

NE Fan and EP Fan please do us all a favor and go get your teaching certification and go out there and coach. Obviously you are more than qualified because of the few times you watch sports center and you would be doing yourselves and the community a disservice by not lending your coaching talents. If you aren't going to do that, please get off the forums about how the coaches are doing a horrible job. These coaches may be horrible or they may be good. I do know this, even the best coaches lose. These coaches may be preparing these players the best they can and they could have the best gameplan, but if these athletes do not go out and execute that gameplan then obviously they are going to lose. And then parents and relatives like you come on here and bash the coaches saying they don't do their jobs like they should. Everyone bashed Wade Phillips when he was at Dallas because of their poor record and was eventually fired and now people are praising him for the job he's doing at Denver. Wade Phillips is still the same coach but the difference was the player execution in Dallas versus the player execution in Denver. The Andress athletes are young and it is Woodruff's second year as the head coach. I guarantee you that you will be saying completely different things about this team and the staff in the years to come.

Kingsrealm
NE Soul
EP Fan

NE Soul get off your high horse man.... this game wasn't even close as the score indicates!!!! Eastlake was in control the whole game ... this game should have ended 42-25 the only reason you even got close was because Eastlake coaches decided to burn the clock with 2nd and goal.... and that bad fumble call at the 5 yard line that the refs gifted you on Eastlakes own 5 yard line that let you make that last drive !!!!!! So you can keep saying this and that !!!! You know and I know this game was never in jeopardy and Eastlake was the better team tonight !!!! And you sure don't talk about the pass interference calls that the refs gifted you all night now do you? Get over it dude !!!!! you lost move on and stop making it seem like you could have won ...... truth be told you got out played all night !!! So walk away with some class my man !!!!!!!!!

Won't respond to this with ignorance because you seen the game. Everyone knows Eastlake "got by" with a little bit of Ref magic and Andress coach stupidity. The score should've been WAY higher for Andress, but great game, Eastlake played like champs and won like champs. Now beat the hell out of the next team next round, we're watching.

King what did i tell you man ,you guys are good loco, keep moving my brotha.

Flint, I'm hoping cauntillo, east lake, parkland and my Chapin can make some noise in the playoffs. Let's root for one another and show these kids that we believe with them!

Way to go Falcons!!! 3rd straight, Don't let up finish strong.

FEAR THE FALCONS!!!

Kingsrealm
NE Soul
EP Fan

Really out played come on man, we lost by 3 and we missed 5 extra points do the math, the ref never gifts Andreas anything doesn't matter the sport that's just the El Paso way I guess but you all won so be it and truth be told the Soph QB outshined the Senior QB that's suppose to be all world. Good luck next week Eastlake I know you all are still salty about basketball from last year.

I HEAR YOU ,SO THIS IS ALL ABOUT EL PASO NOW LETS GO 5A.

Flint
I HEAR YOU ,SO THIS IS ALL ABOUT EL PASO NOW LETS GO 5A.

I will only support the NE teams that are in the playoffs, call me a sore loser I'm not from this town anyway but so go Chapin, go Parkland.....GO NE.

You're what's wrong with EP football. Quit accepting mediocrity. If an athlete fails to execute, that's the coaches fault. They are supposed to make sure that an athlete is prepared to deal with any situation.

Game management, clock management have everything to do with the skill level of a coach. When it wasn't managed well yesterday, that's the coaches fault. A coach with a winning attituruude will not wait a few years to win, and win big. The impact of a truely great coach will be felt immediately. You could put Kermit the Frog to Coach this team next year and they will go 8-2 at worst no matter what. So a true indicator of a good coach will be how deep into the playoffs you go. Good Coaches in EP are the DV, Eastlake, and Canutillo HEad Coaches. They e shown they have what it takes to make a run in the playoffs.

There's a couple of good coaches that are good. They work with what they got. Don't have the luxury of much size, depth, and limited athletes. Set reasonable goals

There's a couple that get all the credit but then are loaded

Yes there are good coaches in EP but many will never be recognized

Just like athletes...........if your not in a powerhouse or playoff team, your a ghost

EP Fan
You're what's wrong with EP football. Quit accepting mediocrity. If an athlete fails to execute, that's the coaches fault. They are supposed to make sure that an athlete is prepared to deal with any situation.

Game management, clock management have everything to do with the skill level of a coach. When it wasn't managed well yesterday, that's the coaches fault. A coach with a winning attituruude will not wait a few years to win, and win big. The impact of a truely great coach will be felt immediately. You could put Kermit the Frog to Coach this team next year and they will go 8-2 at worst no matter what. So a true indicator of a good coach will be how deep into the playoffs you go. Good Coaches in EP are the DV, Eastlake, and Canutillo HEad Coaches. They e shown they have what it takes to make a run in the playoffs.

If I'm what's wrong with EP football then so be it, these teams around here settle for a district title, that's it no sites on the state Championship, Canutillo is probably the only place in EP that strives for higher goals in this city, they will probably win next week because that's their attitude no matter who they face but other teams and coaches are here for a stipend. So if I'm what's wrong with EP football oh well.

EP Fan

dude you are so out of touch with reality,

Coaches don't chose their players, they make due with what they have show up to play. And that may mean you have someone who has never kicked a football in the past as a kicker. Or you have a guy who cannot stop himself from biting on play action passes as a safety, what do you do as a coach? go recruit a safety that knows that? Most teams have a couple key players and the rest of the team is made up of guys who may have never played before and will never play again. Strong programs have coaches that stick around and build from the community

Also you realize the coaches you state as good coaches totally blow up your initial theory of just walking in and winning? All the coaches you mentioned has sub 500 seasons when they started, it took them time to build their programs. Even Perales who took over a good program. Do some research and educate yourself before you write something that makes you look dumb...

Falconite
Canutillo
Westside
Lets see we gave you 17 Points. Eastlake could of scored more but Avina was out.

We won *******

EP Fan,

It's the coaches fault if the athletes fail to execute? Is it the teachers fault if the student fails? No because when it comes down to it after all the teaching and coaching it is up to the athlete and student to either win or lose. I'm what's wrong with EP Football? Have you ever been around another program in Texas? I'm guessing not because they hold the players accountable just as much as the coaches. Coach Brown from two years ago didn't do anything in the playoffs while at Andress and got a head job in San Antonio. Didn't do anything in the playoffs with that team but still got a better job offer. What has DV and Eastlake done in the playoffs? I'll agree with you on Canutillo, they put El Paso on the map and they are looking to make another big run this year. Besides Canutillo every team in El Paso does the same thing year in and year out. Why aren't you calling for their jobs? Why aren't you getting your certification to coach? Because if Kermit the frog could get Andress to 8-2 obviously you would win state every year, unless you are worse than a puppet frog...I don't mean to insult or talk in a negative manner. All I'm saying is that in the world of coaching there are some instances where you are in the perfect position to make a run at state right away and there are some instances when you have to coach these athletes from the bottom up and build to that. They went 8-3. That's not terrible but obviously that wasn't there goal. Charlie Strong hasn't had a winning season but multiple coaches and players and sports analysts are begging that he stay because next year and the year after, when those young players grow up a bit, they are going to be dangerous. Just give these coaches a chance. It may have looked like bad clock management, but from what I heard they were going to get that onside kick if that kid didn't touch the ball early. If they get that ball with 52 seconds left only down by 3, that's actually very good clock management. And they did this with a sophomore leading the offense. Let these coaches do their job or be the difference and become a coach. Because complaining about it on here is not going to fix it.

Fan
EP Fan,

It's the coaches fault if the athletes fail to execute? Is it the teachers fault if the student fails? No because when it comes down to it after all the teaching and coaching it is up to the athlete and student to either win or lose. I'm what's wrong with EP Football? Have you ever been around another program in Texas? I'm guessing not because they hold the players accountable just as much as the coaches. Coach Brown from two years ago didn't do anything in the playoffs while at Andress and got a head job in San Antonio. Didn't do anything in the playoffs with that team but still got a better job offer. What has DV and Eastlake done in the playoffs? I'll agree with you on Canutillo, they put El Paso on the map and they are looking to make another big run this year. Besides Canutillo every team in El Paso does the same thing year in and year out. Why aren't you calling for their jobs? Why aren't you getting your certification to coach? Because if Kermit the frog could get Andress to 8-2 obviously you would win state every year, unless you are worse than a puppet frog...I don't mean to insult or talk in a negative manner. All I'm saying is that in the world of coaching there are some instances where you are in the perfect position to make a run at state right away and there are some instances when you have to coach these athletes from the bottom up and build to that. They went 8-3. That's not terrible but obviously that wasn't there goal. Charlie Strong hasn't had a winning season but multiple coaches and players and sports analysts are begging that he stay because next year and the year after, when those young players grow up a bit, they are going to be dangerous. Just give these coaches a chance. It may have looked like bad clock management, but from what I heard they were going to get that onside kick if that kid didn't touch the ball early. If they get that ball with 52 seconds left only down by 3, that's actually very good clock management. And they did this with a sophomore leading the offense. Let these coaches do their job or be the difference and become a coach. Because complaining about it on here is not going to fix it.

Finally....someone with a brain posts something that makes since

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m