EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Midland @ El Dorado

The Midland Bulldogs are ranked 45th in the state. They have a size, speed, and overall experience advantage over El Dorado coming into the SAC on Thursday night. They have a pretty good QB and 4 Senior WRs that don't mind sharing the limelight. Their RB, #4 Hubert has over 900 yards rushing for the season against some very competitive teams. They play a very aggressive defense and have 5 players with over 50 tackles each.

El Dorado on the other hand are ranked #159 in the state. I wonder where they will be ranked after they beat Midland on Thursday night? lol.

Cedarious Barfield is having an exceptional junior season that won't stop in the playoffs. He is a playmaker in every sense of the word, it doesn't matter if he's running or passing the ball. And the best part about it, is he will be back to do it all again next season as a senior. Players like him are fun to watch.

His supporting team include but are surely not limited to the following players:

WR Tyquez Hampton, Mr. 20+ college offers.
WR Cameron Hill, who is also having a breakout season of his own.
WR Jorge Hernandez, a multi-talented and experienced senior with speed to burn.
LB/RB Kevin Henderson, who has been all over the field this season.

and

WR McCoy
WR Watson
RB Davis
RB Leyva have all made solid contributions this season on offense.

El Dorado along with Americas has one of the best offensive lines in the city that do a great job of protecting the QB and creating holes.

In my view, El Dorado has all of the tangibles they need to compete and beat Midland.

The place to be on Thursday night is at the SAC!

Re: Midland @ El Dorado

The Bulldogs have a very explosive offense. Their defense isn't bad but the offense is the staple of this team. They operate with one of the best spread attacks I've seen in West Texas. I really feel they have the tools to push two maybe three rounds in the Playoffs.

We played the Aztecs last year and I thought Hampton was very impressive. I was also impressed with the young man who returned the our failed field goal a 100 yards for a touchdown.

I'm picking Midland but I think this game will go down to the wire. I think its a shame El Paso is so far away from every one else because I would like to see how the look against other schools in the state.

10 minutes to game time

Game time

El Dorado 3-0

Midland 7-3

El Dorado 11-7

Midland 14-11

El Dorado 17-14

Midland 20-17

Midland 27-17

Who does a fake punt on their own 8
Wtfudge..

Midland 27-24

Midland 34-24

Coronado 77
Who does a fake punt on their own 8
Wtfudge..
Dumbest call ever!!! I mean c'mon man. El Do is playing MHS tough and you screw up with a call like that!! SMH

Midland 37-24

Midland 44-24

Midland 44-31

Midland 44-38

Midland 51-38

Midland 59-38

No fun playing Midland is it??????????

Midland 59-45

Updates?

Or was that a final score?

Midland 66-45

mark50doza
Midland 66-45

WOW! 15 touchdowns...looks like 6 man football

Midland 66-52

mark50doza
Midland 66-52

Make that 16 touchdowns

Midland 73-52

mark50doza
Midland 73-52

definetely 6 man football

mark50doza
Midland 73-52

HOLY HELL!!!

So our #1 team gets trounced
73 frikken point!
another so called loaded D1 team
DONE!!
Im sorry Franklin that my compadres hated on you!

Now Aztec Nation will be on here saying how tough their
draw was! KARMA

My kind of game. Basketball on turf. Eldo good job putting up 50 points. Sometimes one or two stops wins games

mark50doza
Midland 73-52

What the Fruck!!! Was it Ysleta against Midland???

Coronado 77
So our #1 team gets trounced
73 frikken point!
another so called loaded D1 team
DONE!!
Im sorry Franklin that my compadres hated on you!

Now Aztec Nation will be on here saying how tough their
draw was! KARMA

Only weak people take joy in the failure of others. Good job eldo you played a team that **** near won district 2-5a. A few plays changes he game. Don't listen to the Coronado hater that's already going to basketball games.

Looks like someone needs some D ........ Sad way to end a great season....Better luck next year Aztecs.

Eldo safeties were mia last night. Time and time again there was a wide open receiver down the middle for a TD. And I mean open as in alone. Huge runs up the middle where the backs weren't even touched. It was confusing.

Game was over when coach called for a fake punt inside their own 10 yard line early in the game. Midland scored on next play and ElDo was playing catch up the rest of the night....nice call coach....

to many mistakes( turnovers, bad play calling and horrible defense)but there is always next year.

ELDs QB Cedarious Barfield has led the Aztecs this entire season. So much so that ELD doesn't play defense anymore. Cedarious was a one man show as usual...a typical game for him that we have grown accustomed to seeing. But with no help from the defense, there was no way for ELD to win. The blame lies with the Head Coach, Defense Coach, and the entire defensive squad for letting the rest of the team down. Next year will be much of the same...with Cedarious carrying the load. But it's going to be worse because the Aztecs won't have the same O-Line providing protection for the QB.

I can't recall what the score was I think it was 27-24 with Midland winning and El Dorado had the ball I think on their own 10 and coaches called to go for it on 4th and 4. This was the turning point of this game.

Don't blame the El Dorado defense blame the coaches 110%.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m