EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Frenship @ Americas

Question? Which teams RB is going to lead his team to victory? Frenship's Sophomore Garrison Johnson or Americas Senior Josh Fields?

Answer: Unknown since Johnson may not play due to injury.

Seriously,

5-5 Frenship has wins over Montwood, El Dorado, Permian, Odessa and Midland Lee
9-3 Americas only has two losses this season against Rio Rancho and El Dorado

Americas Josh Fields is ranked #2 in Texas behind Deion Hankins and is clearly having his best season.

If Johnson doesn't play, his backup is Scooter Garcia, who rushed for 196 yards on 30 carries against Midland Lee last week.

In addition to Fields, Americas will rely on Junior WR/RB Tremaine Henderson who had 5 receptions for 180 yards and 3 TDs against Franklin last week. He adds a whole new dimension to Americas offense. While Fields, behind a very good O-Line will do what he does best, run the football.

On the defensive side of the ball the leading tacklers for Americas are:

Sr LB Lindeman (49)
Sr CB Brooks (40)
Sr WR Monarez (35)
Jr FS Olmeda (38)

But don't let Frenship's 5-5 record fool you, they really are a good team considering the level of competition that they have faced this season. Which is what makes this game very interesting, but I believe Americas will get the win.

Re: Frenship @ Americas

AMERICAS got a gift with FRENSHIPS starting Running back out with an acl injury. The kid was a stud! Every bit as good as Fields... That being said Americas better not overlook them . They are still gonna have their hands full! Good Luck Trailblazers MAKE EL PASO PROUD!!!!

Good luck Blazers!! Represent El Paso well boys!!!

Goodluck Americas go get em

Americas can win this game with good defense!

If Americas goes to their wildcat nonsense with Josh Fields then Americas loses because that crap will work against El Paso teams but not against smarter coaches and more disciplined players from out of town.

Update?

7-0 frenship 9:00 in 1qt

Americas ties the game 7-7 on a pick 6. 3 minutes left in 1qt

Same score. End of 1st

14-7 Frenship up 10:20 2nd

14-10 Frenship 7:57 2nd

17-14 AMERICAS UP...7:48 3RD

Americas up 24-14

24-14 Americas ...2:26 3rd

Start of the 4th frenship fumbles. Scooped up by Americas for a touchdown. PAT blocked 30-14 Americas leading

It seems Americas will be the last team standing tonight in 6A. Great job TrailBlazers!

30-16 Final...Great Job Trailblazers!!

NICE!!!

The AHS defense was lights out in the 2nd half and completely shut Johnson and Garcia down. As well as what passing attack Frenship tried to muster up. Monarez had 2 picks (threw 1) and they had a scoop and score.
Josh Fields took over the game and had some spectacular runs. I wasn't thrilled with the late game calls and clock management but things worked out for the best. Up next Abilene

Congratulations Blazers!! Continue to roll boys!

Congrats boys, Canuts has your back, keep it going you are one of the few left standing. Good luck in the next round my family and i are looking at a road trip to support all ELP teams still in, I hope all El Paso steps up and supports. Proud of you Americas, keep it going!!!

If someone can please provide game time and location for Americas' next round opponent

Congratulations to the Trailblazer on their great win and proving once again that defense wins games! Also worth mentioning is Senior RB Josh Fields was held to 31 yards rushing in the first half but finished the game with 135 rushing yards, I guess you can't keep a good man down for long! Great team effort on both sides of the ball.

Americas vs abilene will be on Friday in Abilene

When Tascosa played Frenship earlier this season, Frenship's running back hopped on a plane and was flown to Tuscaloosa to watch Bama vs Arkansas. Tascosa had a very difficult time stopping him. We beat Frenship but we had to pack a lunch and dinner to do it. Congratulations on your win Trailblazers and good luck.

Big blue
Americas vs abilene will be on Friday in Abilene

5pm mst

Rosco
If Americas goes to their wildcat nonsense with Josh Fields then Americas loses because that crap will work against El Paso teams but not against smarter coaches and more disciplined players from out of town.

Lol

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m