Forum: EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Round II Canutillo vs Abilene Cooper

I hope it's not to early to start talking about this. Next Friday Grande Stadium!! Don't know much about this Abilene team only that they have a pair of receivers that are well above 6'0 tall. Any insight predictions thoughts!
Congrats to all EP teams that are headed towards the next round and good luck El Paso's got your back! #GoCanutillo

Re: Round II Canutillo vs Abilene Cooper

Quote: UVLonghorns
I hope it's not to early to start talking about this. Next Friday Grande Stadium!! Don't know much about this Abilene team only that they have a pair of receivers that are well above 6'0 tall. Any insight predictions thoughts!
Congrats to all EP teams that are headed towards the next round and good luck El Paso's got your back! #GoCanutillo

UVL WHERE DID YOU SEE THE SCHEDULE FOR NEXT ROUND OF PLAY-OFFS?

MaxPreps has a complete bracket all the way through Finals at AT&T Stadium in mid December.

http://www.uiltexas.org/football/playoff-brackets/5AD2

Quote: Eastsider

UVL WHERE DID YOU SEE THE SCHEDULE FOR NEXT ROUND OF PLAY-OFFS?

If youre wondering who the rest of 5a playoff teams might play, we will have to wait until tonight after district 3-4 have their bidistrict games.

Don't worry about the next opponent. Teams that won yesterday should be celebrating and enjoying the glorious moment.

Saturday or Monday back to work.

Cooper beat Frendship during the season. Eagles will have to play a far better game then they did last night in order to advance.

Canutillo players are not the biggest or fastest but they play with a lot of heart, passion, and most of all pride for their school and the city, and for that reason they are the only team in ELP that has a good shot of going to State!

Quote: Beastmode
Canutillo players are not the biggest or fastest but they play with a lot of heart, passion, and most of all pride for their school and the city, and for that reason they are the only team in ELP that has a good shot of going to State!

Having heart, passion, and pride can only take you so far then 6'3" and 6'4" receivers come along and crush heart, passion and pride.

What about Cathedral? they just won state.

What about Squeaks? (inside joke for irrelevant conversations)

Congrats to La Cate, but this is football on a slightly higher level.

Quote: Rosco

Having heart, passion, and pride can only take you so far then 6'3" and 6'4" receivers come along and crush heart, passion and pride.

We will see what happens. When canutillo wins we will see

When they lose be honest and tell all why they loss. I know what I see.

Why r they gonna play in Midland if they need to meet half way and Abl.cooper is 2 hours closer then canutillo???????

Quote: High school football
Why r they gonna play in Midland if they need to meet half way and Abl.cooper is 2 hours closer then canutillo???????

They dont have to meet halfway, the schools just have to agree to a neutral site. Pecos and Monahans are closer to the midpoint between El Paso/Abilene but Id guess the stadium/field in those towns are not as nice as Midland/Odessa. Lubbock is also closer ro Odessa than El Paso... For the Parkland vs Lbk Cooper game.

Quote: RolyPoly

They dont have to meet halfway, the schools just have to agree to a neutral site. Pecos and Monahans are closer to the midpoint between El Paso/Abilene but Id guess the stadium/field in those towns are not as nice as Midland/Odessa. Lubbock is also closer ro Odessa than El Paso... For the Parkland vs Lbk Cooper game.

Oh ok thanks

Quote: EP Observer

It will be a tough test no doubt, wishing the best for my Eagles. You know games don't get easier from here on out, making it this far and with a record above other el paso teams says a lot. I hope your team is still playing ball this time of year so why not just support all el paso football. No need to hate or dissect, enjoy and support all el paso. I am happy to hear Americas won last night good luck in the next round.

Anyone have any insight on cooper and what kind of game they play??

I am all for the teams and hope they win but I know what I see when I watch the Eagles. They have done well but I see where they will have serious problems. Not hating just being realistic about the team.

Abilene fans (Bulldogs, Cougars, Eagles) all travel very well and stadiums less than 2500 per side won't do - and even up to 3500 is kinda pushing it - although I dont know how big is the one at Pecos and Monahans.

Quote: OrangeBird
Quote: EP Observer

It will be a tough test no doubt, wishing the best for my Eagles. You know games don't get easier from here on out, making it this far and with a record above other el paso teams says a lot. I hope your team is still playing ball this time of year so why not just support all el paso football. No need to hate or dissect, enjoy and support all el paso. I am happy to hear Americas won last night good luck in the next round.

I like your outlook as every team in the playoffs is a good team no matter what the record which can be deceiving. Yesterday 1-9 Hondo beat 9-1 Devine 56-28 in 4A D2 and 3-7 Keren beat 10-0 Rivercrest in 2A D1. As it was said in that Dumb and Dumber movie there is always a chance.

Quote: Orangerat
Anyone have any insight on cooper and what kind of game they play??

Cooper and AbHi games can be viewed online here:

https://www.abileneisd.org/page/363

Good luck Eagles!!!! No regrets,leave it all on the field!!!!

Cooper is a wide open spread offense, good athletes and speed at the skill spots...they use the pass to set the run up generally....their receivers aren't super tall but most will be in the 6'0 range....they aren't great defensively...if Canutillo can control the tempo they have a good shot....you dont want to get into a shootout with Abilene Cooper...that's their game

Quote: MattStepp
Cooper is a wide open spread offense, good athletes and speed at the skill spots...they use the pass to set the run up generally....their receivers aren't super tall but most will be in the 6'0 range....they aren't great defensively...if Canutillo can control the tempo they have a good shot....you dont want to get into a shootout with Abilene Cooper...that's their game

WR Myller Royals - #1 - is 6'5", WR Isaac Hatter - #2 - is 6'4" , and WR Jwan Hong - #17 - is 5'10". All three were athletically leaping and catching the ball above their head and coming back down to the turf at Jones stadium when I got to watch them play for the first time against Dumas on Thursday. Coverage has to be tight on those kids because the Austin Smith at QB is really accurate so the best chance at forcing incomplete if your DB is not at least six foot tall is trying to jar the ball free as they bring it down. Smith is deceivingly quick and shifty especially in a scramble situation as I saw him turn a sack into a first down run during a third and about twenty five. RB is not a powerful runner but he is agile and I saw a couple ankle breaking moves against the Demons.

I must say it was a pleasure to visit Texas Tech's stadium as I had not experienced it since the 80's and certainly hope I can for another high school or college game in the future.

The bigger they are, the harder they fall. 6'3" Sullivan nearly lost his mind after repeatedly getting hit. Eastlake's studs were limping but still played hard. Canutillo has to come out and control the clock. #8 is getting into rhythm with the line and will come out to play as always. Our defense will bend but not break. Since when has Canutillo backed down or been scared of big guys?

I totally forgot about Royal he is a tall one..saw him last year in Rd 1 against Caprock.....he's their big outside guy...not near as good as the kid from Ennis a couple yrs back but still decent...I dont remember the Hatter kid he must not have been a factor when I saw Cooper...

I totally forgot about Royal he is a tall one..saw him last year in Rd 1 against Caprock.....he's their big outside guy...not near as good as the kid from Ennis a couple yrs back but still decent...I dont remember the Hatter kid he must not have been a factor when I saw Cooper...

Hatter only had one catch against Dumas and he made a quick move to break free for the long touchdown which is the danger of focusing too much on stopping one or two primary weapons. Hong gets more playtime than Hatter but that one play still caught my eye and made me check the game roster. Royals did have a record setting game a couple or three weeks ago but gotta consider the level of competition which was either LakeView or Lubbock High.

Quote: Eagle Dad
The bigger they are, the harder they fall. 6'3" Sullivan nearly lost his mind after repeatedly getting hit. Eastlake's studs were limping but still played hard. Canutillo has to come out and control the clock. #8 is getting into rhythm with the line and will come out to play as always. Our defense will bend but not break. Since when has Canutillo backed down or been scared of big guys?

I wont pretend to know anything about Canutillo except what you guys have written on this thread so I concur that it makes sense that they need to keep it to a ball control type of game if they can do that and eat as much clock as possible. Cooper likes to play fast on offense and they only huddled up at most half the time thus first down defense will be key to making them substitute and not go as quick as they want to go.

Quote: Old Ironsides

WR Myller Royals - #1 - is 6'5", WR Isaac Hatter - #2 - is 6'4" , and WR Jwan Hong - #17 - is 5'10". All three were athletically leaping and catching the ball above their head and coming back down to the turf at Jones stadium when I got to watch them play for the first time against Dumas on Thursday. Coverage has to be tight on those kids because the Austin Smith at QB is really accurate so the best chance at forcing incomplete if your DB is not at least six foot tall is trying to jar the ball free as they bring it down. Smith is deceivingly quick and shifty especially in a scramble situation as I saw him turn a sack into a first down run during a third and about twenty five. RB is not a powerful runner but he is agile and I saw a couple ankle breaking moves against the Demons.

thanks for the insights on the teams outside of EP, guys.

I wont pretend to know anything about Canutillo except what you guys have written on this thread so I concur that it makes sense that they need to keep it to a ball control type of game if they can do that and eat as much clock as possible. Cooper likes to play fast on offense and they only huddled up at most half the time thus first down defense will be key to making them substitute and not go as quick as they want to go.

I'm sorry. During the season Canutillo faced a 6'3" D1 WR recruit and a 6'1" D1 RB recruit in the same team. Canutillo held very well and they were not factors in the game.

Quote: mausDE

thanks for the insights on the teams outside of EP, guys.

It is good chatter for us and I doubt we have any impact on the coaches and players preparing and I would be surprised if they dont know these things already from their scouting and film watching.

I'm sorry. During the season Canutillo faced a 6'3" D1 WR recruit and a 6'1" D1 RB recruit in the same team. Canutillo held very well and they were not factors in the game.

If sorry about me sharing what I saw then I shall no longer bother and go back to invisible mode.

From what I hear Canutillo does not do well with faster teams. Stopping a D1 RB on a weak team is not a good assessment. Several average teams stopped the Parkland (EP). As for Canutillo, the QB will look for one WR. The offense is geared on a read option with a GT pull. That's as deep as it gets. A speedy aggressive defense is a challenge for them. The O Line is average. It looks like their CBs play too far off the ball. Perfect for underneath routes that can set up other options as the game goes on. I don't think Canutillo has faced a very good team yet. Abilene Cooper may test them. Cooper is not a good defensive team!

Quote: First Team
From what I hear Canutillo does not do well with faster teams. Stopping a D1 RB on a weak team is not a good assessment. Several average teams stopped the Parkland (EP). As for Canutillo, the QB will look for one WR. The offense is geared on a read option with a GT pull. That's as deep as it gets. A speedy aggressive defense is a challenge for them. The O Line is average. It looks like their CBs play too far off the ball. Perfect for underneath routes that can set up other options as the game goes on. I don't think Canutillo has faced a very good team yet. Abilene Cooper may test them. Cooper is not a good defensive team!

https://youtu.be/kcHDR-kGnTY

If Cooper is not a good defensive team, better the reason to be optimistic. If the offense is able to move the ball and score by wearing down their defense, the Canutillo defense will rest. A rested Canutillo is dangerous. They will make plays. I will agree that the secondary plays off the ball as to not give up the big play. And they will give the opponent the ability to run short intermediate routes. But if the going gets rough, the defense will be more aggressive. As was the case with their previous opponents, Parkland, Eastlake, and Burges. They all had a chance at the end but the Canutillo defense found ways to show them up and finish games.

If Moya was 100% and good to go in this game against Cooper I would say Canutillo wins this game by 10 or 15 points but since that is not the case Cooper will beat Canutillo by 25 points.

Quote: Norman
If Moya was 100% and good to go in this game against Cooper I would say Canutillo wins this game by 10 or 15 points but since that is not the case Cooper will beat Canutillo by 25 points.

I couldn't disagree with you more... Canutillo will miss Moya, but this team is so much more than one player.

Offensively Cooper scored the second most points on Abilene that anyone else has all season long which the most was Central (but we saw what Central did to Abilene to start the season and to Franklin last week) yet the Cougar defense gave up more points against Abilene than anyone else in Abilenes pre district schedule. Cooper is still capable of winning the low scoring or close games because thats what happened against Frenship (28-25) and their 4-5A district mates Lubbock Monterey (24-17) and Lubbock Cooper (26-13) who also are in the Area round then lost in the final game to Lubbock Coronado 40-27 before handling Dumas comfortably last week. All four playoff teams from 4-5A are in the Area round.

Oops I was supposed to go back into invisible mode

Keep em coming Ironsides I appreciate the 411 me and my boys have been watching videos and looking at stats so any info is appreciated!

Quote: ......

I couldn't disagree with you more... Canutillo will miss Moya, but this team is so much more than one player.

We'll see that team you speak about against Cooper. Let's see if that team shows up. Looking forward that they do if not it will be a long night for Canutillo.

Keep em coming Ironsides I appreciate the 411 me and my boys have been watching videos and looking at stats so any info is appreciated!

I try not to get involved with the rhetoric of soandso going to do suchandsuch against soandso because its speculation and innuendo based upon what happened against usually inferior (but sometimes far superior) competition. Comparisons have to start from somewhere so I try to draw the lines of results between similar foes if there has been any which is more likely to do during the earlier rounds of the playoffs. Again I dont know Canutillo except for this thread but I am a Big Country native so I follow the teams in that area alot even though I finally had that chance last week to catch Cooper in Lubbock against Dumas for the first time this season. I have noticed that Cooper is capable and has won any type of scoring game against 5A playoff teams as they showed in their own district but the shootout suits them better as you guys already said.

Quote: ......

We'll see that team you speak about against Cooper. Let's see if that team shows up. Looking forward that they do if not it will be a long night for Canutillo.

Moya is still very much part of this TEAM. Never underestimate the power of unity. Go Eagles!!

Good luck Canutillo...defense, defense, and more defense will get you the win!

Burges scored nearly 30 points on Canutillo so I say Abilene Cooper will score easily over 40 points on Canutillo. Question is will Canutillo be able to score over 40 points on Abilene Cooper?

Canutillo has scored over 40 points only 3 times all season against weak El Paso teams and they barely did it 42 points against Socorro (0-10), 45 points against Hanks (0-10), and 48 points against Horizon (3-7).

Canutillo's offense better show up or else it's going to be a long long long night for Canutillo's defense.

Eagles CBs are not fast and do not cover well. Cooper will throw and if the CBs are isolated with Cooper's WR it can be a long night. Eagles CBs are not fast going up field.

Paperboy GO read The Enquirer and you first-team, your team was probably the first one out.LOL

You are very ignorant. Watch and learn! Hick wannabe ball player parent.

Quote: Paperboy
Burges scored nearly 30 points on Canutillo so I say Abilene Cooper will score easily over 40 points on Canutillo. Question is will Canutillo be able to score over 40 points on Abilene Cooper?

Canutillo has scored over 40 points only 3 times all season against weak El Paso teams and they barely did it 42 points against Socorro (0-10), 45 points against Hanks (0-10), and 48 points against Horizon (3-7).

Canutillo's offense better show up or else it's going to be a long long long night for Canutillo's defense.

Canutillo only needs to score more then the opponent they face. Winning is winning. You all should try that sometime.

Lol if you make it far in the playoffs, maybe u will play the Bearcats of Aledo. We will see who goes home. We have seen your team. U are Undefeated but no worries😉. Come get some!

You are one of those pretend people. Lol. If you have seen us and you are from out of town that means you are worried. Good thing Canutillo kids are not intimidated by anyone. Anything can happen any given Friday!

Lol if you make it far in the playoffs, maybe u will play the Bearcats of Aledo. We will see who goes home. We have seen your team. U are Undefeated but no worries😉. Come get some!

So now you're an Aledo fan? What are you, First Team Bandwagon? Make up your mind partner.

Dude wake up. I get it you are a dad and you can't see the forest for the trees. No worries we just want to see what the hype is about not worried at all if you get past your upcoming opponents.

Canutillo has not played anyone. Your test will be teams outside of El Paso. Yeah I said it.

Out of all the people look who's talking cougar man your team is weak sauce you guys were better off staying home than going out there and playing San Angelo Central an embarrassment to El Paso you guys are ,so go home and rebuild and maybe come back in about 5 years. You and Coronado have nothing to talk about.

Quote: Cougars
Canutillo has not played anyone. Your test will be teams outside of El Paso. Yeah I said it.
72-7....THAT IS ALL...

Quote: TrooperX
72-7....THAT IS ALL...

Franklin 41 Eastwood 40....THAT IS ALL...

Ya'll bickering among yourselves is funny

Quote: Westwind
Quote: TrooperX
72-7....THAT IS ALL...

Franklin 41 Eastwood 40....THAT IS ALL...
And your Grand Prize was a 72-7 a** whipping....bwahahahaha I would have rather started the off season training a week early than have to endure that degrading curb stomping. Good luck next week Canuts... ignore the noise Franklin fans are sending your way...

Ya'll bickering among yourselves ihs funny

Yep, sounds like 2-6A & 3-6A at times. Why I like 6-A state wide fourm.

Quote: tmcran
Ya'll bickering among yourselves ihs funny

Yep, sounds like 2-6A & 3-6A at times. Why I like 6-A state wide fourm.

If you like the 6-A state wide forum so much then stay over there

http://texashsfootball.com/5a-division-2-playoffs-regional-picks-picking-closest-matchups-region/

Quote: outoftowner
http://texashsfootball.com/5a-division-2-playoffs-regional-picks-picking-closest-matchups-region/

This game should be a doozy and one I was tempted to attend but I got a grandkid thats ganna be on the Abilene Eagle sidelines moved up from JV and at least I dont have to travel more than an hour from my small town to get to Shotwell.

I disagree with this assessment. I have the Eagles as the underdogs in this matchup. Cooper has played the tougher schedule of the two teams and I feel they are better prepared for this game. Even with all that, this is probably the best shot an El Paso team has of advancing this weekend. GL to the Eagles!

Man, I tell you.... No wonder no El Paso team can get past the hump of the 3rd playoff game. Most of you are so negative that your team is defeated before they even play. So what if they've had a tougher schedule. So what if they have a line that averages 300 pounds and wide receivers who can leap a horse and run like gazelles. None of it matters because you have instilled fear instead of belief onto those kids.

I'm not saying Canutillo will not lose. But what I am saying is that those kids deserve to believe that they are as good as all others in the state. They might not be as tall or as big as them but collectively, we have to believe we can beat anyone. And I'm sure that once Canutillo loses everyone will come in here and talk smack because that's whom genetically they are, absolute haters.

I want to wish all El Paso teams good luck the rest of the way! Do everything and anything to you can to bring home the W! And don't let others instill doubt in you. Leave it all on the field boys! Go Eagles!! Go Falcons! Go Huskies! Go Matadors! Go Trailblazer!

Idk if you guys have been paying attention but the two guys that do the live picks are only giving canutillo a chance to survive. Don't get me wrong I'm not taking anything away from canutillo but I believe EL Paso has more teams that could make some noise.

FOOTBALLFAN BRO THESE ARE JUST OPINIONS MAN ,YOU CAN'T GO BY WHAT THEY SAY.EXAMPLE ALMOST EVERYONE COUNTED CANUTS OUT IN THE BEGINNING AND LOOK NOW DISTRICT CHAMPS AND BY DISTRICT CHAMPS AND HOPEFULLY AREA CHAMPS WE DON'T KNOW ONLY GOD KNOW RIGHT, one thing that I learned about the 2014 Eagles team is that everywhere we would go everyone would say they were bigger they were faster they were more dynamic they were this and they were that but when it came down to playing the teams were not as tough as people said they were, I mean I got to see Del Valle give one heck of a game'to Aledo and ranked number one in the state of Texas that year but when I saw them play DDelValle was a strong team against them so never go by what people say just wait for the game and we'll see then. One thing that I know for sure about the 2014 Eagles is that everyone on offense and everyone on defense was a very good player not average but a very good player and I think that is what got the Eagles to the Final Four is that every player on both sides of the ball was a VERY GOOD PLAYER ,NO ONE WAS AVERAGE, BUT ABOVE AVERAGE.

Quote: Footballfann
Idk if you guys have been paying attention but the two guys that do the live picks are only giving canutillo a chance to survive. Don't get me wrong I'm not taking anything away from canutillo but I believe EL Paso has more teams that could make some noise.

Most analyst also predicted Hillary would win and we all know how that turned out. #GoCanutillo

LOL hey Longhorn you got that right so that means no more freebies you gotta get up and work. Awe man I love this.

Quote: Flint
LOL hey Longhorn you got that right so that means no more freebies you gotta get up and work. Awe man I love this.

Work is the least of my worries I'm just hoping I don't get kicked out lol I'll even help build the wall!!

Lol.PLAYOFF TIME AND NOTHINGS A GIVEN.GO CANUTS.

FOOTBALLFAN BRO THESE ARE JUST OPINIONS MAN ,YOU CAN'T GO BY WHAT THEY SAY.EXAMPLE ALMOST EVERYONE COUNTED CANUTS OUT IN THE BEGINNING AND LOOK NOW DISTRICT CHAMPS AND BY DISTRICT CHAMPS AND HOPEFULLY AREA CHAMPS WE DON'T KNOW ONLY GOD KNOW RIGHT, one thing that I learned about the 2014 Eagles team is that everywhere we would go everyone would say they were bigger they were faster they were more dynamic they were this and they were that but when it came down to playing the teams were not as tough as people said they were, I mean I got to see Del Valle give one heck of a game'to Aledo and ranked number one in the state of Texas that year but when I saw them play DDelValle was a strong team against them so never go by what people say just wait for the game and we'll see then. One thing that I know for sure about the 2014 Eagles is that everyone on offense and everyone on defense was a very good player not average but a very good player and I think that is what got the Eagles to the Final Four is that every player on both sides of the ball was a VERY GOOD PLAYER ,NO ONE WAS AVERAGE, BUT ABOVE AVERAGE.

Couldn't agree with you more FLINT. Ask any of those '14 players and they'll still tell you they were dissapointed. It was State or bust! But what got them there was they believed in each other and were not intimidated by anyone.

BECAUSE CANUTS WINS IN MIDLAND! Lost our first 2 there, but 2-0 the last two times, LETS GO EAGLES

If Canutillo beats Abilene Cooper in this second round playoff game it will possibly be even more historic than the history they made in 2014 by going to the semifinals which was several rounds deep. Why do I say this??? Because no El Paso area team has ever beaten Abilene Cooper in the playoffs. Do research and go back as far as 70 years and you will see this to be true.

In other words Canutillo has the opportunity of making El Paso history again but this time by beating Abilene Cooper and getting by only the second round of the playoffs.

My 2 cents

AND PIGS FLY GEORGE. MY 3 CENTS.

According to people on this thread as well as Matt Stepp from DCTF, Del Valle beat an Abilene team in 2001.

Quote: Dj Rookie Bear
According to people on this thread as well as Matt Stepp from DCTF, Del Valle beat an Abilene team in 2001.

It looks like they did if you look at EPG's El Paso Playoff history it says that Del Valle beat Abilene High 14-10 in 2001

This is true in 2001 Del Valle beat Abilene high 14-10 in the area round then went on to lose to Desoto 56-28 in the regional round

Do you people not know how to read. Canutillo is playing Abilene Cooper and no El Paso team has ever beaten a Abilene Cooper team. I'm not talking about Abilene Eagles I'm talking about Abilene Cooper. Abilene Cooper has owned El Paso teams in over 60 to 70 years so if Canutillo beats Abilene Cooper it will be historic.

Lol Ok George calm down you're right!!!!! now let's go and cheer on Canutillo

George is correct but he should not say 60 to 70 years. It's not like Abilene Cooper has eliminated El Paso teams from the playoffs 60 to 70 times. It's actually 12 times.

2015 Playoffs 2nd Round
Abilene Cooper 31 Del Valle 14

2013 Playoffs 1st Round
Abilene Cooper 49 Coronado 14

2012 Playoffs 1st Round
Abilene Cooper 34 Americas 15

2009 Playoffs 2nd Round
Abilene Cooper 51 Del Valle 41

2008 Playoffs 2nd Round
Abilene Cooper 56 Del Valle 10

2000 Playoffs 2nd Round
Abilene Cooper 44 Del Valle 22

1997 Playoffs 2nd Round
Abilene Cooper 50 Socorro 8

1996 Playoffs 2nd Round
Abilene Cooper 42 Irvin 21

1995 Playoffs 2nd Round
Abilene Cooper 19 Irvin 13

1994 Playoffs 2nd Round
Abilene Cooper 81 Eastwood 26

1993 Playoffs 2nd Round
Abilene Cooper 61 Riverside 22

1967 Playoffs 1st Round
Abilene Cooper 52 Burges 21

Abilene 570 points to El Paso teams 227 points
Abilene average margin of win over El Paso teams is 28 points

It would be nice to see Canutillo end this gosh awful trend.

George let me tell you one thing we had never played a San Angelo team in 2014 and we beat them we had never played a Dallas team by the name of Azle and we beat them we had never played Everman and we beat them so there's many teams that we have not played so we as Eagles don't care if they are from Abilene or from Albuquerque from Russia or from Afghanistan we don't care we're going to show up to play, we don't care if you are Aledo or Toledo we don't care if your Abilene or your Maybelline we don't care if you're Lubbock Monterey or Lubbock Montegay , you are who you are so let's just play.

George let me tell you one thing we had never played a San Angelo team in 2014 and we beat them we had never played a Dallas team by the name of Azle and we beat them we had never played Everman and we beat them so there's many teams that we have not played so we as Eagles don't care if they are from Abilene or from Albuquerque from Russia or from Afghanistan we don't care we're going to show up to play, we don't care if you are Aledo or Toledo we don't care if your Abilene or your Maybelline we don't care if you're Lubbock Monterey or Lubbock Montegay , you are who you are so let's just play.

Everman and Azle are no Abilene Cooper and history proves this. It is hilarious the way that you little flint and others talk as if Canutillo is a Texas powerhouse just because of what Canutillo did in 2014. In all the years Canutillo has had a football team only ONCE have they been past the third round of the playoffs. ONCE!!!! So don't walk around thinking Canutillo is all of a sudden a Texas powerhouse.

Quote: Edgar

Everman and Azle are no Abilene Cooper and history proves this. It is hilarious the way that you little flint and others talk as if Canutillo is a Texas powerhouse just because of what Canutillo did in 2014. In all the years Canutillo has had a football team only ONCE have they been past the third round of the playoffs. ONCE!!!! So don't walk around thinking Canutillo is all of a sudden a Texas powerhouse.

Everman had been to the playoffs like 17 straight years before having that streak snapped this year.They also won state titles in 2001 and 2002. Show me the last time Cooper won a state title at any level.

I say this Cooper team is not as good as Ennis 14, but they are on the same level as Everman and Azle from that year.

Edgar I'm going to explain this to you as I'm explaining that to A 2 year old, Canuts will play who ever, it doesn't matter, I am not saying that we are a Powerhouse all I am saying is that we're not going to cry about who we play, whoever is next let's play win or lose doesn't matter we don't care if they're on the top or they're on the bottom the fact of the matter is, is we gotta play the next team, so let's play no crying about who's next . And as an eagle fan you better believe that I'm proud that we've gone further than any El Paso School so yeah it feels good to go deep into the fifth round that means playing Five extra weeks when your Franklin cougars are sitting down watching US play. BOY that feels good. So move on and go rebuild your cougar team .

Edgar I'm going to explain this to you as I'm explaining that to A 2 year old, Canuts will play who ever, it doesn't matter, I am not saying that we are a Powerhouse all I am saying is that we're not going to cry about who we play, whoever is next let's play win or lose doesn't matter we don't care if they're on the top or they're on the bottom the fact of the matter is, is we gotta play the next team, so let's play no crying about who's next . And as an eagle fan you better believe that I'm proud that we've gone further than any El Paso School so yeah it feels good to go deep into the fifth round that means playing Five extra weeks when your Franklin cougars are sitting down watching US play. BOY that feels good. So move on and go rebuild your cougar team .

My Franklin cougars? What makes you think I have anything to do with Franklin. You must have a obsession with Franklin as I see that you keep bringing up Franklin in every post of your's to other people. You think everyone on the entire world wide web is from Franklin or has something to do with Franklin.

Everman is better recently than Abilene Cooper...Cooper I dont think has been past Round 3 since Dominic Rhodes graduated....Everman's been past Round 3 eight times since 2000

Okay if your not from Franklin then show me your true colors, where are you from then, you won't say it, you know why because you are embarrassed, so if you're really a fan of whoever and tell me what is your team, like I said you won't say it cuz you're embarrassed.is it LORETTO.

Okay if your not from Franklin then show me your true colors, where are you from then, you won't say it, you know why because you are embarrassed, so if you're really a fan of whoever and tell me what is your team, like I said you won't say it cuz you're embarrassed.is it LORETTO.

No it's not Loretto either.

All I posted was this

Canutillo has had a football team only ONCE have they been past the third round of the playoffs. ONCE!!!! So don't walk around thinking Canutillo is all of a sudden a Texas powerhouse.

Why are you getting all worked up over something that is a fact?

Edgar I knew you weren't going to say where you're from. I would be embarrassed too don't feel bad.

Edgar I knew you weren't going to say where you're from. I would be embarrassed too don't feel bad.

Ok whatever floats your boat.

ONCE

You're probably one of those guys that says that they're from Aledo or Abilene or San Angelo Central. But little do we know that you're from Loreto

Edgar over here riding the hater bus. No one said Canutillo was a powerhouse. YOU said it. Besides, at least they know who Canutillo is bro. Y'all show up and teams are like, "WHO?"

I'm going to ask you one more time what is your high school and if you don't answer that means that everything you say holds no water.

I love all all of you.

Edgar stop drinking that haterade! ONCE is a start. We have to start somewhere. There once was a time where El Paso schools would roll over and lose before the game was played. Canutillo started to change that mind set. Believe you are as good or better than the opponent! Don't take them lightly, practice hard and leave everything on the field! Play for each other, believe in each other and have fun. At the end of the day football is fun! We support our kids win or lose and pray that they come out injury free.

Everman is better recently than Abilene Cooper...Cooper I dont think has been past Round 3 since Dominic Rhodes graduated....Everman's been past Round 3 eight times since 2000

Thats right about Cooper they keep gettin stymied in usually round 3 and sometimes round 1 or round 2 has happened even this decade but usually they get to the third round and end up matching against one of the top ten teams in the classification. Once again, the winner of this game whether its Can or Coop get the so called pleasure of very highly likely facing Aledo which is nothing I would wish against any team.

Yall better start singing kumbaya around a campfire or I might have to challenge you all a cute animal pictures contest or somethin hahah

I'm going to ask you one more time what is your high school and if you don't answer that means that everything you say holds no water.

Coming from a guy that played 6 man football... Smh

Not at all buddy I'm from Canuts High School . The bad thing that are a bunch of you kids never put your high school because you guys are embarrassed.

Not at all buddy I'm from Canuts High School . The bad thing that are a bunch of you kids never put your high school because you guys are embarrassed.

Why would anyone be embarrassed and embarrassed of what? Besides it's not as if Canutillo has won a State Championship or multiple State Championships.

Both teams have an average 33 points per game the entire season and the kicking game could come into play here which is something very seldom mentioned and I think neither team is expected to roll up and down the field so it could come down to a made or missed field goal. The Cooper kid is 90 percent and the Canutillo kid is 80 percent so give me Abilene 27 to 24.

Canutillo 17 Cooper 14.

Quote: Dj Rookie Bear
Canutillo 17 Cooper 14.

Burges scored 26 on Canutillo so Abilene Cooper will easily double that

Canutillo 21 Abilene Cooper 52

Cooper 34
Canutillo 20

Abilene Cooper football coach Todd Moebes talks about Canutillo
http://arnne.ws/2fz2d4W

Canutillo and Abilene Cooper in Battle of Contrasting Styles in 5A
http://texashsfootball.com/canutillo-abilene-cooper-battle-contrasting-styles-5a/

Thank you BigCountry! Nice to see Canutillo receiving some praise for what they've done in the past and this season. May the best team come out on top! Go Eagles!

Good luck today boys !!!!! bring back the hardware !!!! time to continue your DSS journey !!!!!

To the Eagle Nation....continue the journey blazed by your 2014 brothers. Show Cooper and the rest of Texas that State Semis is not enough. From a Falcon Fan who knew about the Canuta grit from decades ago.....FEAR THE EAGLE...bring it home boyz!!!!

Abilene Cooper 23/3 at half

Correction Cooper 27/3 half.

Are you watching? Just as I said, they are having problems with the Cooper offense. QB/WR have the Eagles off balance.

Cooper 34/3. 3rd qt.

Cooper41/3. Still 3qt.

C'mon Eagle Dad. What do you see?

Cooper 48/10 4th.

i see an a$$ woopin

Eagles CBs are not fast and do not cover well. Cooper will throw and if the CBs are isolated with Cooper's WR it can be a long night. Eagles CBs are not fast going up field.

Don't pretend you called it. They had one TD pass. It was their run game and special teams that got us. Congratulations to Abilene Cooper on handing us an ass whipping! "first team" jump on their bandwagon or for who ever you cheer. Mystery person.

C'mon dude, they were afraid of the pass all night that is why the run was wide open. Canutillo is known for the quick D but it was neutralized. I don't care about the TD, they threw the ball underneath! So yes I called it. **** if you track the game and look honestly, you would see the same issues with your team.

Quote: stuffed
i see an a$$ woopin

You sound like a Franklin peep

Quote: Purple wave

Franklin most points allowed of any El Paso team this season.

real purple wave doesn't use a capital "P"
first of all
second of all I could care less of the score; it appears
someone is trying to discredit and create a riff;
not going there; and this is not a franklin fan.
on to next year; quit pretending ; i said what i had
to say and it was erased; good luck Eagles

Quote: CHS_Eagles~2014Semi's!

Canutillo points given up tonight 55. to a 5A team. A 6A team would have put 1T0 on you fools.

And by the way rumor has it your coach is looking at a 6A job.....Coronado in 2018.

Canutillo points given up tonight 55. to a 5A team. A 6A team would have put 110 on you fools.

And by the way rumor has it your coach is looking at a 6A job.....Coronado in 2018.

that wasn't me.....i never use capital
obviously a disappointed fan
btw..i heard same rumor..good luck Brooks at
Coronado; good luck eagles; on to next year

Quote: Ram98

Canutillo points given up tonight 55. to a 5A team. A 6A team would have put 110 on you fools.

Ohhhh and I forgot all the points my Canutillo Eagles put up on Franklin in the scrimmage.

So add another 25 to 30 some points to that 514

...it was 21...now i know your a liar and not a true fan
nice try...any true Eagle fan knows all the scores without fail
good night...good luck Eagles! good season; on to next year!

Ohhhh and I forgot all the points my Canutillo Eagles put up on Franklin in the scrimmage.

Scrimmage...are yiu kidding. You guys could never beat Franklin in a game. Scrimmage ...LOL. And don't think about bringing that weak a$$ team over to the East side.

Scrimmage...are yiu kidding. You guys could never beat Franklin in a game. Scrimmage ...LOL. And don't think about bringing that weak a$$ team over to the East side.

Where did I say that we beat Franklin? I said my Canutillo Eagles scored like 25 to 30 points in the scrimmage so add those 25 to 30 points to the big fat 514 points allowed by Franklin this season. Learn how to read you imposter pretending to be a Ram.

plus like 25 to 30 points my Canutillo Eagles scored on Franklin this season. Let's add only the 25 just for funzies

Another big surprise in not only the margin of victory but primarily the way Cooper got it done which speaks very well for Coach Moebes there as he got his team to get it done in a completely different way than they won round 1. They are going to need to play a complete game on offense and defense and special teams to have a shot at beating Aledo at home in Shotwell next week because they are one of the best if not the top ranked in 5A.

Where did I say that we beat Franklin? I said my Canutillo Eagles scored like 25 to 30 points in the scrimmage so add those 25 to 30 points to the big fat 514 points allowed by Franklin this season. Learn how to read you imposter pretending to be a Ram.

plus like 25 to 30 points my Canutillo Eagles scored on Franklin this season. Let's add only the 25 just for funzies

it was 21.....your making yourself look foolish...21-21 tie. GOOD LUCK NEXT YEAR

Oops sorry. Let me correct that.

thank you

I said East side I never said Montwood. Don't go by the screen name it has nothing to do with Monteood. I just can't believe you took the time to calculate how many points Franklin gave up. It's ok,6A teams will still scrimmage you since you won't schedule us for a real game on the EAST SIDE.

2016 seadon is over for all of us. See you all in 2017.

Looks like Abiline Cooper served a slice of humble pie to the canuts crew

That is right OO OO

Another big surprise in not only the margin of victory but primarily the way Cooper got it done which speaks very well for Coach Moebes there as he got his team to get it done in a completely different way than they won round 1. They are going to need to play a complete game on offense and defense and special teams to have a shot at beating Aledo at home in Shotwell next week because they are one of the best if not the top ranked in 5A.

Good luck to them boys next week. Theyre going to need it. Aledo is a dynasty and a machine.

Congratulations to Cooper. Good luck next week against Aledo. As for Canutillo the off-season starts now. For those of you that want to repeat and surpass the 2014 team, I advise you to get in the weight room, get on the track/field, and start watching film from this past year. Figure out what you need to improve and get to work. The 2ND round is still a good accomplishment, but we all know that's not the goal. See you next season!

Good luck to them boys next week. Theyre going to need it. Aledo is a dynasty and a machine.
Thank you and I cannot agree more about Aledo who smoked Cooper in round three last year and I gotta say you probably wont see me around here in the next couple or three years because my grandsons are about to enter varsity next year for Abilene and probably year after that for Cooper so I dont trust myself to not make nonemotional and objective posts.

Quote: EP Football Fan
Congratulations to Cooper. Good luck next week against Aledo. As for Canutillo the off-season starts now. For those of you that want to repeat and surpass the 2014 team, I advise you to get in the weight room, get on the track/field, and start watching film from this past year. Figure out what you need to improve and get to work. The 2ND round is still a good accomplishment, but we all know that's not the goal. See you next season!

Thanks EP Football Fan! Cooper was just too much and Canutillo didn't play their best game. Surprisingly, it wasn't Cooper's speed that hurt them. it was their physicality and strenght. Canutillo's linebackers were completely neutralized by Cooper's blocking schemes.

Anyhow, the team has promise for next year as several starters still have one more year. But judging by this last game, Canutillo really needs to hit the weight room.

You are on point with your statement. The Eagles like many other programs do not work in the off season. Get in the weight room, condition, and work on skill development via camps. You don't get better just because you are one year older. Franklin you should take notes as well. Also, when I say weight room, I am not speaking of "Country Club" work outs!

Lol.. There isn't a country club in Canutillo, just saying..

One of the things that Canuts has improved in has been it's offseason training. True, they are not where they need to be but those 2014 kids were built like trucks, something this 2016 started too late and therefore lacked it towards the end. Offseason and in-season training should start your freshmen season. It takes years of training to get the strenght you need to succeed in this game.

Take note Canutillo freshmen class... Your undefeated season means squat if you think other teams will not get faster, bigger, and better. What you do NOW is how you'll finish 3 yrs from now.

Just saw this game on HUDL and Cooper did whatever they wanted. They passed and ran well. The two TDs on special teams was just icing on the cake. Much more physical and stronger than our boys. Eagle Dad, Cooper played a excellent game. They were much better than us. This does show we cannot get too excited when we win district. The district was not very good this year.

Quote: Eagle1
Just saw this game on HUDL and Cooper did whatever they wanted. They passed and ran well. The two TDs on special teams was just icing on the cake. Much more physical and stronger than our boys. Eagle Dad, Cooper played a excellent game. They were much better than us. This does show we cannot get too excited when we win district. The district was not very good this year.
that says a lot about canutillo. They succeeded despite their size. Good job eagles,and coaches

The point is their size is irrelevant outside of their district. They were not competitive outside of their district. Many teams in El Paso are equally matched. They performed well in district but the loss demonstrates what is needed to improve the program. Encourage the boys and coaches to get ready for higher levels of competition. Stop settling for local success and look outside of El Paso of how other teams compete. That is part of the problem. Many fans/parents don't expect no more than local success so the team thinks the same. The Eagles should access the loss and make plans on how to get much better.

The point is their size is irrelevant outside of their district. They were not competitive outside of their district. Many teams in El Paso are equally matched. They performed well in district but the loss demonstrates what is needed to improve the program. Encourage the boys and coaches to get ready for higher levels of competition. Stop settling for local success and look outside of El Paso of how other teams compete. That is part of the problem. Many fans/parents don't expect no more than local success so the team thinks the same. The Eagles should access the loss and make plans on how to get much better.
you don't get it dude sometimes they are just bigger and faster.... good job eagles.

I bet you didn't even play football...

Yeah the Eagles did do a great job this season but their success was only in El Paso. Many parents and kids wonder why El Paso cannot succeed in the playoffs and this is why. When people make excuses saying "well they were just bigger and faster" and then trying to discredit a guy saying "you probably didn't even play football". Eagle1 was simply trying to address issues he saw in the playoffs to try and help the team get better in the years to come. Canutillo probably was undersized in that game but so was the team that beat Denton Ryan in the regional round in 2011. Ryan had 9 D1 athletes on their team and they were projected to win state and they lost to an undersized team. Any team can beat another on any given day, it just depends on their preparation. Eagle1 was just trying to address to the younger players that they need to get in the weight room and get on the track now. Instead of getting offended by a guy for saying something how about we join him and help get these younger players ready to be successful in El Paso and in the playoffs.

Amen to that!

Well I tell you what, any time you want a lesson in football come to one of the local parks and learn. I train often. As for playing football, my level outweighs what you ever did in life. Yes I played at a high level and I will leave it at that. Come visit a few parks on WS during the spring ;)

Well I tell you what, any time you want a lesson in football come to one of the local parks and learn. I train often. As for playing football, my level outweighs what you ever did in life. Yes I played at a high level and I will leave it at that. Come visit a few parks on WS during the spring ;)
yeeah yeah, any one can say they played at a high level, by hiding behind a fake name. Give your real name and tell us were you played. Then we will believe it. Since we are at it , I played in the NFL. Ha haha.

Quote: I0ygihg
yeeah yeah, any one can say they played at a high level, by hiding behind a fake name. Give your real name and tell us were you played. Then we will believe it. Since we are at it , I played in the NFL. Ha haha.

Anyone can use any name at anytime here. There is no registration.

Yep you are ignorant! End of conversation

This clown is one of the players for Canutillo. The reason he is mad cooper kicked his butt. Get over it 10gyhig. We know it hurts.

You don't get it but again no need to disclose who I am. You missed the point. Start training now for next year. When you are ready, come see me at Braden Aboud Park in January/February. I'll train you for free!

Lol, Hey I0ygihg sounds like you have a free opportunity to train. Maybe u just got punked.

I think eagle1 is the one that got punked

http://www.hudl.com/team/v2/16956/boys-varsity-football

How do you get to this level outside of your area?

Just as many people are saying. Many athletes don't care to get to a state champion level. They are ok at the local level. This is why we can't advance and many fans support that loser attitude! To all good luck to the All-Stars and the chance to play at the college level

Quote: Observer
Just as many people are saying. Many athletes don't care to get to a state champion level. They are ok at the local level. This is why we can't advance and many fans support that loser attitude! To all good luck to the All-Stars and the chance to play at the college level

This is where top notch coaching comes into play.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m