Forum: EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Chapin vs Lubbock Coronado.

Any thoughts, predictions, insights on Lubbock?

Re: Chapin vs Lubbock Coronado.

Coronado was a 6a team that just dropped down to 5a. Judging by the stats I've seen, they have an excellent offense, esp. through the air. QB has 3k yards & 40+ td's this year. 2 WR have 10+ td & 1 has 1k yd. They won district 4-5a which swept 3-5a last week.

Chapin will have their hands full. Husky defense has been stellar, but they will be severely tested & will need the offense to help them out a little. If the offense can pound the ball with Zubiate & Soto to keep Coronado offense off the field, they might have a chance. However I fear if the offense of the past 3 weeks shows up, the defense will get tired out even if they keep it close initially.

If lubbock Coronado does have a threat in air attack I believe Rosario #24 will Williams and mckeever #2 the defense back will have to be solid! Offense on the other hand will pound it with its 1-2 punch with zubiate and soto. And #8 through the air. This will be a interesting game

They are probably the best team from their district. They were down 28-7 late in the first half yesterday vs Caprock but mounted a nice comeback.

True,Chapin have several skilled players on offense but for whatever reason have struggled,this can not continue.Chapin defense will N O T be able to carry the weight by themselves, offense will definitely need to step up big time in order for them to have a chance. I'm really hoping this happens!! Come on boys!!! Go Huskies!!!

You're right Nefra, I believe Chapin controlling the clock will play a big factor.

Good luck Chapin and bring home the win!

I agree with what seems to be the majority on here.

The matchup will be similar to last week's Del Valle matchup.

The only difference is Chapin's offense will need more than 17 points to beat a very potent Mustang team.

Chapin's defense is a monster but they will need to hold the Mustang offense under 30 points if they expect to win this one and NO ONE this season has been able to do that...then again NO ONE has scored over 17 in a game against this Chapin defense.

If Chapin's defense can keep the offense off the field and if Chapin can score more than 17 then they might have a shot.

In the words of the great John Madden... the team that scores the most points is going to win the game...

Looking at Lubbock Coronado's numbers is staggering. The closest Chapin has seen to a team like this Eastlake. Eastlake and the Mustangs have similar offensive styles and pack and incredible defensive punch.

Eastlake averaged about 42 points a game this season, the Mustangs about 46 points a game.

Chapin beat Eastlake in Week 2 14-0.

Maybe that's a good sign-maybe it's too early the season to compare....Bottom line Chapin needs to score and the Mustangs are averaging 24 points allowed per game. Chapin is going to have to score more than 24 to beat this team.

Chapin will need a perfect storm to beat this team, but that's everyone in the playoffs isn't it?

Lubbock teams know better than to take EP teams lightly

2015 PLAYOFFS
EP Eastlake 24 Lubbock Cooper 21
EP Americas 35 Lubbock Monterey 28

2014 PLAYOFFS
EP Eastlake 32 Lubbock Cooper 14

2011 PLAYOFFS
EP Franklin 44 Lubbock Monterey 14

2010 PLAYOFFS
EP El Dorado 36 Lubbock Monterey 30

2007 PLAYOFFS
EP Franklin 21 Lubbock Coronado 23

2004 PLAYOFFS
EP Franklin 13 Lubbock Coronado 7
EP Montwood 27 Lubbock Monterey 10

Very good and well-informed point made Juco!

Let us hope history repeats.

Just a heads up, I will be attending the game so I will try to post what is happening throughout the game

https://vimeopro.com/aisd/aisd-tv-chs

Mush you Huskies!! Rock Lubbock (only one Coronado round these parts!) with your stonewall defense. Bring back the area championship and remember to FEAR THE HUSKIE!!

Good Luck huskies !!!! Time to get back to business !!! And bring that hardware home !!!!

Anyone know where to hear the game!

Quote: Fanoffootball
Anyone know where to hear the game!

These guys might have it. I said MIGHT so don't get upset with me if they don't

http://1340thefan.com/listen-live/

Any links to the game?

I have a priv8 link but sorry only a select chosen few will be watching this game live on video. El Paso Chapin will be schooled on the field. Mustangs will stomp El Paso Chapin 4 to 5 touchdowns but I will try to come in here to post updates.

Could you please provides us with a link?

I apologize but no can do. It is priv8 but I will try to make time to post updates in here.

Let's Go Mustangs!

Do you know a link to listen at least?

Nope sorry no link for you. I will keep trying to come in here to post updates but I might get too busy to come in here to post updates so I apologize in advance.

El Paso Chapin ZippO
Lubbock Coronado 3
3:46 1st Qtr

El Paso Chapin ZippO
Lubbock Coronado 3
End of the 1st

El Paso Chapin ZippO
Lubbock Coronado 10
9:56 in the 2nd Qtr

El Paso Chapin 7
Lubbock Coronado 10
7:05 in the 2nd Qtr

Wow that Matthew Zubiwhatever FB for El Paso Chapin is a beast

Yeah he's actually their rb lol just a big kid

El Paso Chapin 7
Lubbock Coronado 10

HALFTIME

I admit I'm starting to bite my nails. Better go buy me some seeds or some chips and a coke.

Quick score by Lubbock 17-7. And then Lubbock recovers an onnsixe kick

El Paso Chapin 7
Lubbock Coronado 17
10:22 in the 3rd Qtr

Thanks to the recovered onside kick I can stop biting my nails. We should start pulling away now.

El Paso Chapin 7
Lubbock Coronado 24
8:08 in the 3rd Qtr

Like I said we should start pulling away. My nails are happy.

El Paso Chapin 14
Lubbock Coronado 24
3:12 in the 3rd Qtr

Darn it Chapin stop fighting it just give it up already

El Paso Chapin 14
Lubbock Coronado 24

END OF THE 3RD

El Paso Chapin 14
Lubbock Coronado 31
11:44 in the 4th Qtr

Yes! Come on Mustangs cause another El Paso Chapin turnover!

El Paso Chapin 14
Lubbock Coronado 31

FINAL

Thanks for the update Mustang,congratulations on your win. I'm glad my Huskies put up a good fight!

Score

Tough game. Congrats to Coronado they earned the win but Chapin should be proud for putting up a tough fight. Great season Huskies and good luck to Coronado next round.

Quote: Mustangs!

I apologize but no can do. It is priv8 but I will try to make time to post updates in here.

Let's Go Mustangs!

Ugly uniforms and kids

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m