Forum: EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Sweep Lubbock or Abilene teams?

Which is likely to occur? For Eastlake, Parkland and Chapin to sweep all 3 Lubbock teams or for Canutillo and Americas to sweep the Abilene teams?

I know defeating 1 Lubbock or 1 Abilene team will be no easy task by any means for either of the EP teams but just for playoff fun talk which is possible? A clean sweep of the Abilene teams or a clean sweep of the Lubbock teams by the EP teams?

Re: Sweep Lubbock or Abilene teams?

No sweep will happen though just for fun as you say I would say the Lubbock teams can possibly be swept because El Paso teams have been beating the Lubbock teams as of late during the Texas state playoffs and heck I can't remember the last time a El Paso team beat either Abilene Cougars or Abilene Eagles. I think Del Valle under coach Chuck Veliz is the only coach former coach now who has beaten a Abilene team in the Texas state playoffs which was in the early 2000's my guess would be in the 2001 Texas state playoffs. Anyways that Del Valle team coached at the time by Chuck Veliz has been the only time I think that a El Paso team has ever beaten a Abilene team in like 60 years. Sad to say but Abilene teams own El Paso teams as playoff history is proof of this. Will that change this playoff year? I would like to see it happen. A sweep of the Abilene teams by the El Paso teams this week would be of historic proportions. Believe me it would be talked about throughout the state.

Monterey is a much improved team from last year. They have a dual threat QB and he's good. In my opinion the worse thing you can do is make that kid run. He's a good passer but if he gets in the open field he's deadly. They key to beating them is make them pass and cut off the QB's escape lanes. They Have a big O-line but their biggest threat is his ability in the open field. Good Luck!

Quote: Juco
No sweep will happen though just for fun as you say I would say the Lubbock teams can possibly be swept because El Paso teams have been beating the Lubbock teams as of late during the Texas state playoffs and heck I can't remember the last time a El Paso team beat either Abilene Cougars or Abilene Eagles. I think Del Valle under coach Chuck Veliz is the only coach former coach now who has beaten a Abilene team in the Texas state playoffs which was in the early 2000's my guess would be in the 2001 Texas state playoffs. Anyways that Del Valle team coached at the time by Chuck Veliz has been the only time I think that a El Paso team has ever beaten a Abilene team in like 60 years. Sad to say but Abilene teams own El Paso teams as playoff history is proof of this. Will that change this playoff year? I would like to see it happen. A sweep of the Abilene teams by the El Paso teams this week would be of historic proportions. Believe me it would be talked about throughout the state.

Coach C. Veliz - G.O.A.T , put El Paso Teams on the Texas Football Map.

Quote: Fact

Coach C. Veliz - G.O.A.T , put El Paso Teams on the Texas Football Map.

Veliz did not put El Paso teams on the Map. Veliz when he was a head football coach NEVER I repeat NEVER coached a football team to the third round of the playoffs except only that year in 2001 when he was head coach at Del Valle when he beat Abilene. That is the truth.

Lubbock teams know better than to take EP teams lightly

2015 PLAYOFFS
EP Eastlake 24 Lubbock Cooper 21
EP Americas 35 Lubbock Monterey 28

2014 PLAYOFFS
EP Eastlake 32 Lubbock Cooper 14

2011 PLAYOFFS
EP Franklin 44 Lubbock Monterey 14

2010 PLAYOFFS
EP El Dorado 36 Lubbock Monterey 30

2007 PLAYOFFS
EP Franklin 21 Lubbock Coronado 23

2004 PLAYOFFS
EP Franklin 13 Lubbock Coronado 7
EP Montwood 27 Lubbock Monterey 10

Dont forget frenship lost to eastwood last year and americas this year

Quote: Supporter
Dont forget frenship lost to eastwood last year and americas this year

That's true Supporter I just did not input Wolfforth Frenship for the reason that this week's Area Round games shows Lubbock Monterey, Lubbock Coronado and Lubbock Cooper on the dinner Menu for EP teams not Wolfforth Frenship But yes Wolfforth is another Lubbock area team that has been eliminated by EP teams in the Playoffs as of late and they are not too happy about that.

2016 PLAYOFFS
Americas 30 Wolfforth Frenship 16

2015 PLAYOFFS
Eastwood 47 Wolfforth Frenship 40

No way. I think it is much more likely that all out of town teams sweep. Not that unlikely, but I hope I am proven wrong.

All El Paso teams will be swept.

2012 Playoffs

Andress 17 Lubbock Monterey 20

Tossing my hat into the ring for this weekend:

El Paso vs Lubbock:

Eastlake 28 Monterey 38

Chapin 20 Coronado 30

Parkland 24 Cooper 35

El Paso vs Abilene

Canutillo 24 Cooper 27

Americas 17 Abilene High 38

I know this looks like no respect for El Paso but I dont mean it that way jut putting in my opinion and while I feel I have good educated guesses with the Abilene schools its kinda shot in the dark with the Lubbock schools so I wont be surprised to be wrong and El Paso schools come out on top on all or all three of those.

Quote: Old Ironsides

El Paso vs Lubbock:

Eastlake 28 Monterey 38

Chapin 20 Coronado 30

Parkland 24 Cooper 35

El Paso vs Abilene

Canutillo 24 Cooper 27

I know this looks like no respect for El Paso but I dont mean it that way jut putting in my opinion and while I feel I have good educated guesses with the Abilene schools its kinda shot in the dark with the Lubbock schools so I wont be surprised to be wrong and El Paso schools come out on top on all or all three of those.

I find it hilarious when people like yourself post predictions but then close your post by saying you wouldn't be surprised if the teams you have losing in your predictions end up winning.

Why do people like you do that? Answer to that is obvious to say you were right no matter what the outcomes of the games happen to be. You're basically covering your butt as not to look foolish. This way you can go around telling everyone I TOLD YOU SO. I WAS RIGHT. I KNEW IT.

Quote: Mongo

El Paso vs Lubbock:

Eastlake 28 Monterey 38

Chapin 20 Coronado 30

Parkland 24 Cooper 35

El Paso vs Abilene

Canutillo 24 Cooper 27

I find it hilarious when people like yourself post predictions but then close your post by saying you wouldn't be surprised if the teams you have losing in your predictions end up winning.

Why do people like you do that? Answer to that is obvious to say you were right no matter what the outcomes of the games happen to be. You're basically covering your butt as not to look foolish. This way you can go around telling everyone I TOLD YOU SO. I WAS RIGHT. I KNEW IT.

You just showed me you have not been following along but get offended faster than a New York minute because if you have been you will see where I said I would be here after the games to congratulate all the winners and nothing more so carry on my wayward son and take a deep breath life is too short to get all bent out of shape.

No wonder I stay in invisible mode most of the time as people fly off the handle alot

Cant discuss a thing with this political correct generation getting mad because of no participation trophy

Cant discuss a thing with this political correct generation getting mad because of no participation trophy

Has nothing to do with politically correct generation, chief. More like Simple lack of reading comprehension and no critical thinking skills.

Anyone with a bit of sense can see what you were trying to say. Anytime we make predictions, we are taking wild guesses and stabs in the dark. Since we cant predict the outcomes of these games perfectly, it makes sense for someone to admit that they might be wrong. I guess if you guaranteed your predictions are correct youd earn the respect of posters like mongo.

Just carry on if someone flies off the handle.

Looks like our El Paso teams are being swept and then mopped. Tomorrow Chapin plays a very good Lubbock Coronado team and a complete and total embarrassing sweep of El Paso teams is highly likely to occur.

El Paso teams just got swept. Not good not good at all. By the performances that just took place yesterday and today it seems as if El Paso is going back to being how they used to be between the years 1960 through 2000.

Don't be so sad El Paso players you still have the mickey mouse all star game to play in.

Looks like the SWEEP is happening in the 3rd Round to the Abilene and Lubbock teams that eliminated El Paso teams in the 2nd Round. We'll see if the sweep finalizes tomorrow.

Today Friday

Aledo 56 Abilene Cooper 35 final
(Abilene Cooper had eliminated Canutillo)

Desoto 49 Abilene 45 final
(Abilene had eliminated Americas)

Denton Ryan 38 Lubbock Monterey 21 final
(Lubbock Monterey had eliminated Eastlake)

Tomorrow Saturday

Colleyville versus Lubbock Coronado 2pm cst
(Lubbock Coronado had eliminated Chapin)

Boswell versus Lubbock Cooper 3pm cst
(Lubbock Cooper had eliminated Parkland)

Good info...it goes to show how competitive and difficult it is to reach State. Abilene blew the game against Desoto after taking an early 24-7 lead in the 1st quarter.

You forgot to mention Amarillo Tascosa who eliminated Montwood in the 1st round, lost 54-43 to Mansfield last week.

Mansfield lost Friday night to Cedar Hill 56-28. Cedar Hill advances to play Desoto on Dec 3.

Quote: Boaz
Good info...it goes to show how competitive and difficult it is to reach State. Abilene blew the game against Desoto after taking an early 24-7 lead in the 1st quarter.

That's what Abilene gets for being all cocky by coming into this forum all tough high and mighty within the Americas and Abilene thread. Making fun of Americas running back Josh Fields and El Paso football.

Quote: Westsider
Quote: Boaz

That's what Abilene gets for being all cocky by coming into this forum all tough high and mighty within the Americas and Abilene thread. Making fun of Americas running back Josh Fields and El Paso football.

That's not how I saw it at all. Reality is Josh Fields is one of the states best backs. Reality is Abilene shut him and the entire Trailblazer team down. Reality is, Abilene did exactly what they said they were going to do and in typical El Paso fashion, you cheer their loss to the odds on favorite to win state in Desoto. Reality is that El Paso cannot get past the second round, let alone the first with any measure of consistency. That is why El Paso has it's own message board, and there is one for everyone else. El Paso High School Football is the laughing stock of the entire State and I am from El Paso.
Now, prove me wrong.

Looks like the SWEEP is happening in the 3rd Round to the Abilene and Lubbock teams that eliminated El Paso teams in the 2nd Round. We'll see if the sweep finalizes tomorrow.

Today Friday

Aledo 56 Abilene Cooper 35 final
(Abilene Cooper had eliminated Canutillo)

Desoto 49 Abilene 45 final
(Abilene had eliminated Americas)

Denton Ryan 38 Lubbock Monterey 21 final
(Lubbock Monterey had eliminated Eastlake)

Tomorrow Saturday

Colleyville versus Lubbock Coronado 2pm cst

Boswell versus Lubbock Cooper 3pm cst

I will quote myself lol

Yup Abilene and Lubbock teams were swept in the 3rd round after they had swept El Paso teams in the 2nd Round.

Colleyville 43 Lubbock Coronado 34 final

Boswell 20 Lubbock Cooper 10 final

One thing no one in the state of Texas can ever say about the Abilene High Eagles is they don't have heart, especially during the past 20 years of seeing a thousand or more young men put on the gold helmet. We have watched them be undersized and less talented in comparison to other teams but not one time in the playoffs has their opponent ever had more tenacity, heart, effort, and determination than the Eagles. After the loss to San Angelo this year, very few people in the state thought the Eagles had a shot of taking the number one team in Texas down (Allen and DeSoto are respectively #1 of #2 depending upon which state or national poll you read). Friday night they proved once again to never underestimate the heart of an Eagle with the multitudes of challenges they faced head on and played through. The weak side Guard went down the previous game and had to be replaced with one that only weighs 180 lbs and the strong side Guard seperated his left shoulder in the second quarter. The Center played with a heavily protected knee due to a partial ACL tear from the previous week, and the leading rusher in school history limped on his twisted ankled for most of the second half. Yet they still nearly hung on to an epic win that would've shocked the entire state almost as much as it was for them just to be leading nearly the entire game. You did not hear any excuses from any of them either, but instead it was "I got your back". We shall truly never forget this team and the life warriors they have become, and it was another terrific season with one of the greatest programs in the state. The theme this year that the team kept private was #forevermore, and there's no denying the fact that this team shall be remembered for all the wonderful memories and an inspiration for many more young men and women that come through the school many years to come. This program is in the hands of an incredible staff that know the value of and teach the kids right, turning them into mature adults and our future leaders. #forevermore #brokeep

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m