Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Job openings

Whats the word on any jobs coming open?

Re: Job openings

Cane's is opening a new location: busser's,servers, cooks, prep

With 3 teams going 0-10 we would think so. I think graham needs a chance to build his program. Austin and Hanks maybe...what about Jeff. Are these schools even tempting enough for someone to take a shot on. All those schools are in tough districts I don't think they can ever be turned around completely

Quote: Hmmmm
Cane's is opening a new location: busser's,servers, cooks, prep

That's great info for all the El Paso coaches that will be getting the boot and will be needing a job.

All the el paso coaches are teachers...

Maybe El Paso should stop retreading the same bad coaching

El Paso football is improving a lot and more out of town coaches are wanting to come be head coaches in El Paso.

Quote: 915coach
With 3 teams going 0-10 we would think so. I think graham needs a chance to build his program. Austin and Hanks maybe...what about Jeff. Are these schools even tempting enough for someone to take a shot on. All those schools are in tough districts I don't think they can ever be turned around completely

I can't speak for Austin or Jeff but there is no excuse for Hanks to be 0-10 in 2-5A. Hanks' feeder area is still considered a fairly newer part of the eastside so I don't see much talent move to other areas. If Jones did step down and YISD and Hanks administrators actually want hanks to be a respected program like in the 90s, they need to hire a quality coach.

The talent pool in the future might be on Hanks' favor being that Eastwood will be under construction and many middle schoolers at Eastwood Middle who are wanting a real high school experience will not want to stay at their current middle school for 9th,10th grade,etc until the completion of the new Eastwood high school campus. What that means is a hgood number of middle schoolers in the Eastwood feeder area may choose to attend hanks for high school which will add to the talent along with desert view and indian ridge. Only time will tell.

Maybe Socorro should open again!

Jeff head job has opened as of yesterday.

Just over heard Coronado may be open too

Quote: WTM
Just over heard Coronado may be open too

I just heard you got fired from your job. No need to go in tomorrow. Sorry.

ok good one....

So Bob is gone. His a hell of a good coach they should keep him another 4 years he'll change program around

He needs to be gone, he's the reason that program is in a rut. No desire to play in the kids, the coaching staff is short fused cause they're drained from rediculous hours he makes them work. Overall bad cycle that will never change.

So Jeff, Hanks, and Coronado are open right now? Any other schools looking to open up? Are there any coordinators from other schools that can take the reins and turn one of these programs around? Also which school shows the most promise with the right coach?

Parkland OC is always looking for head jobs. He may be a possible candidate somewhere. Maybe the eastlake OC??

Why don't one of the Chapin coordinators apply for some of these jobs. Obviously they have success year after year in 1-5A. Maybe they should try and turn one of these programs around. The coordinators from Andress, Eastwood, Canutillo, Americas, Montwood, Del Valle, and El Do should apply. Out of these winning programs there has to be at least a few coordinators ready to take command of their own team. Especially with the potential at Hanks and Coronado. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Quote: 915coach
Parkland OC is always looking for head jobs. He may be a possible candidate somewhere. Maybe the eastlake OC??

Rodriguez would never leave his daddy jj

Has anyone else heard anything about jobs opening? Or front runners for the jobs that have opened?

They need to get rid of that Chapin Coach no excuse they should lose to an El Paso team. They just get alot of talent to make them look good.

IN BOILING WATER
Austin Head Coach (REPLACE EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY!)
Hanks Head Coach (REPLACE EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY!)
Coronado Head Coach (REPLACE EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY!)
Jefferson Head Coach (REPLACE EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY!)

IN HOT WATER
Franklin Head Coach (1 more season if no 3rd rd appearance in 2017 REPLACE)
Chapin Head Coach (1 more season if no 3rd rd appearance in 2017 REPLACE)

IN WARM WATER
Horizon Head Coach (1 more season if no playoff appearance in 2017 REPLACE)
Bel Air Head Coach (1 more season if no playoff appearance in 2017 REPLACE)
El Paso Head Coach (1 more season if no playoff appearance in 2017 REPLACE)
Socorro Head Coach (1 more season if no playoff appearance in 2017 REPLACE)

Quote: Waterboy
IN BOILING WATER
Austin Head Coach (REPLACE EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY!)
Hanks Head Coach (REPLACE EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY!)
Coronado Head Coach (REPLACE EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY!)
Jefferson Head Coach (REPLACE EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY!)

IN HOT WATER
Franklin Head Coach (1 more season if no 3rd rd appearance in 2017 REPLACE)
Chapin Head Coach (1 more season if no 3rd rd appearance in 2017 REPLACE)

IN WARM WATER
Horizon Head Coach (1 more season if no playoff appearance in 2017 REPLACE)
Bel Air Head Coach (1 more season if no playoff appearance in 2017 REPLACE)
El Paso Head Coach (1 more season if no playoff appearance in 2017 REPLACE)
Socorro Head Coach (1 more season if no playoff appearance in 2017 REPLACE)

On point!

Just heard Scott Brooks is on the shortlist to replace Robert Anderson at Coronado. With a brand new school on the Horizon. Things are looking up!

Quote: Eagles allum
Just heard Scott Brooks is on the shortlist to replace Robert Anderson at Coronado. With a brand new school on the Horizon. Things are looking up!

No he isn't. There is no "short list." This isn't college or pro football where search firms put together prospective lists and only interview certain people. Here, the district posts the job and whomever qualifies is allowed to apply for it. They then choose from that list. Scott Brooks has made a name for himself at Canutillo. He has done a great job there and would be ill-advised to go to a place where he would be in his father's shadow and probably has less talent than Canutillo has right now. If I am not mistaken, the Eagles beat them 15-3 this year. He didn't apply for the job in 2012 when Anderson got it and he won't apply for it in 2017 if indeed Anderson is fired, which to my knowledge he has not been.

Horizon only been there three years doesn't get an athletic period just for football
Bel Air Tony has done a good job making Bel Air relevant again
El Paso has made the playoffs almost every year except this season under Morales tenure
Socorro Omg one of the worst programs in the city Graham has only had one season

What facts do you have to think these coaches should be replaced in 2017?

I hope some of thses job openings go to local el paso talent. We have lots of young bright coaches that can build programs. Id rather have local talent take those openings.

Quote: Big Red
I hope some of thses job openings go to local el paso talent. We have lots of young bright coaches that can build programs. Id rather have local talent take those openings.

Best qualified candidate gets the job! Local or not!

Quote: Bob Oso

If thats the case how do you explain some of the horrible hires? I agree with you in a perfect world but reality is the most qualified person doesn't always get it. Hence the comment I hope SOME of the jobs...

Quote: Bob Oso

If thats the case how do you explain some of the horrible hires? I agree with you in a perfect world but reality is the most qualified person doesn't always get it. Hence the comment I hope SOME of the jobs...

Hence you hope some qualified coaches get SOME of the jobs and the remaining jobs go to guys who couldn't coach themselves out of a wet paper bag! That's El Paso thinking at its finest!! Loser mentally!!

Quote: Last Call

No he isn't. There is no "short list." This isn't college or pro football where search firms put together prospective lists and only interview certain people. Here, the district posts the job and whomever qualifies is allowed to apply for it. They then choose from that list. Scott Brooks has made a name for himself at Canutillo. He has done a great job there and would be ill-advised to go to a place where he would be in his father's shadow and probably has less talent than Canutillo has right now. If I am not mistaken, the Eagles beat them 15-3 this year. He didn't apply for the job in 2012 when Anderson got it and he won't apply for it in 2017 if indeed Anderson is fired, which to my knowledge he has not been.

Please dont say that Canutillo has better talent than Canutillo. They don't. Better coaches. Yes!

Quote: Westside Football
Quote: Last Call

Please dont say that Canutillo has better talent than Coronado. They don't. Better coaches. Yes!

Jefferson just posted opening. Who might be top candidates there?

All the coaches that applied for hanks and didn't get job

Any truth to this rumor?

Austin high school football head coach Rodney Ryan has stepped down

That has been the rumor for a while. If it is true these job openings keep getting worse and worse. Hanks looks like a dream job now!!

Austin is open....

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m