EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Coach Patrick Brown wins Area

Well former Andress coach Patrick Brown has won an area championship on his first year down here in the valley with Los Fresnos, they'll be facing Lake Travis next week.

Re: Coach Patrick Brown wins Area

Congrats to Coach Brown. He is filling up his resume rather well and using that resume to his advantage and or benefit. Smart man to be doing that. Included now in that list within his resume are the Los Fresnos Falcons.

Majority of head coaches and assistant coaches think 100% of that paycheck and stay where they are comfortable for him and his family not necessarily looking at being a great coach and making a deep run in the playoffs or looking at accomplishing any such accolades. It's all about that paycheck for many coaches. But a few coaches out there are goal oriented and want to be great coaches and do whatever is necessary to achieve their set goals with no comfort zone stopping them and will take risks and move his family around. Some coaches also would like to be college or pro coaches.

You all need to chill out, Rio grande valley football is a joke. Nothing compared to El paso.

I beg to differ I'm from El Paso but call the RGV home now and I'm sure the RGV can compete with any school in EP BTW they do have a state title at Donna! And a former NFL player coaching at Mission High!

As an El Pasoan I see this as a compliment. I know parents and kids loved to play for him at Franklin and at Andress. His track record proves hes a winner. Last I heard he went to San Antonio and took some El Pasoans with him on staff and they did well. Ive been out of the loop, but glad he’s doing well in south Texas. Great to see an El Paso coach doing well.
Cardinal, youre a bozo or a hater.

Coach Patrick Brown is not that great. Even current Andress Coach Jeff Woodruff coached Andress to the Texas State Playoffs and in fact Coach Jeff Woodruff won a District title as well. So it's not like Coach Patrick Brown did anything great at Andress he just used the playoff appearances at Andress for his applications and interviews and presto magic he becomes head coach elsewhere.

Lots of El Paso assistant coaches throughout the country can be hired at Andress and coach Andress to the Texas State Playoffs. Andress always has talent and the District they are in it's not that difficult to get into the Playoffs. It's almost automatic that Andress is in the playoffs every year. Just joking but even my grandmother can coach Andress to compete for the district title and get into the playoffs.

But I do congratulate Coach Brown for being wise in seeing opportunity and seizing it.

BeastofNE
Coach Patrick Brown is not that great. Even current Andress Coach Jeff Woodruff coached Andress to the Texas State Playoffs and in fact Coach Jeff Woodruff won a District title as well. So it's not like Coach Patrick Brown did anything great at Andress he just used the playoff appearances at Andress for his applications and interviews and presto magic the rest is history.

Lots of El Paso assistant coaches throughout the country can be hired at Andress and coach Andress to the Texas State Playoffs. Andress always has talent and the District they are in it's not that difficult to get into the Playoffs. It's almost automatic that Andress is in the playoffs every year. Just joking but even my grandmother can coach Andress to compete for the district title and get into the playoffs.

But I do congratulate Coach Brown for being wise in seeing opportunity and seizing it.[/quote

You might be right. I do remember watching a couple of franklin teams he was the OC that put up points, and won at Andress (where anyone can win.) From that news report his San Antonio team went 10-1 and now he coaches a 6A team to the 3rd round in his first year. Youre right prob lucky.
Anyways, awesome to see an El Paso coach get super lucky every where he has been.

Name one that can compete with Eldorado or chapin, I grew up in the valley, played there raised my son there and now live in El paso. I'm telling you El paso football is hands down better.

San Benito, McAllen Memorial, Harlingen, EE, Edinburgh Vela heck even in youth football Mission did what El Paso can't and that's take on the state of Texas and win the state championship.

Ldldod
Name one that can compete with Eldorado or chapin, I grew up in the valley, played there raised my son there and now live in El paso. I'm telling you El paso football is hands down better.

Vice versa i grew up and played in EP and my son played the better part of his youth football years. There is some great programs and yes you have your ****ty programs in both areas the best thing about the valley is there's just enough high schools per town not like El Paso where there's one at every corner (sarcasm). Horizon or Canuts is just about as close to the valley in amount of high schools as you can get.

Congratulations to Coach Brown, but he has had easy jobs Andress can sleep walk to the playoffs they should be judged outside f EP. Sam Houston is like the Andress or Chapin of there district in SA. Los Fresnos is loaded with mone and facilities. He has been selected for the right jobs, but let him take a down program and build t.

**** haha, y'all are the kind of people that would bash on someone with a PhD just because they got it from UTEP instead of Yale. I'm curious as to how far that attitude has gotten you in life. Well don't want to keep you from getting back to your shift at 7-11. Cheers boys!

Tdiddy
**** haha, y'all are the kind of people that would bash on someone with a PhD just because they got it from UTEP instead of Yale. I'm curious as to how far that attitude has gotten you in life. Well don't want to keep you from getting back to your shift at 7-11. Cheers boys!

Fruck you man at least I get to have all the slurpees I want for free during my whole graveyard shift.

Tdiddy

Fruck you man at least I get to have all the slurpees I want for free during my graveyard shift. You have to pay for yours.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m