Forum: EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
2016 Greater El Paso Football Showcase All-Star Rosters

I know not many El Pasoans take this All Star Game serious or respect it much and I have heard some joke and laugh about it but I think it's great that local El Paso senior football players get to play in 1 more football game before they graduate. Majority of these senior football players will not go on to play at the college level so this game is fun for them to participate in. So with that said here are this year's East and West All Star teams.

WEST ALL-STAR OFFENSE - Kaleb Hatch, QB, Franklin; Daniel Alvarez, QB, Canutillo; Zachary Ho Ching, RB, Austin; George Frias, RB, Burges; German Carrasco, RB, Bowie; Jacob Mendez, RB, Aaron Moya, Canutillo (honorary player, injury); Eric Phillips, WR, Franklin; Odell Graham, WR, Burges; Joseph Paz, WR, Canutillo; Mondarius Johnson, WR, Chapin; Chris Frazier, WR, Cathedral; Ryan Barnhouse, WR, Eastwood; Jaime Perales, OL, Cathedral; Noah Lopez, OL, Canutillo; Ricardo Torres, OL, Chapin; Carlos Jimenez, OL, Franklin; Angel Bernal, OL, Canutillo; David Ash, OL, Eastwood; Billy Stiverson, OL, Irvin; Luis Carreon, OL, Bowie; Mario Najera, OL, Burges; Tyler Wolf, OL, El Paso High

WEST ALL-STAR DEFENSE - Isaiah Montanez, LB, Anthony; Xavier Williams, LB, Andress; Eric Lopez, LB, Canutillo; Angel Carrillo, LB, Chapin; Trevor Pledger, DE, Coronado; Josh Wells, DE, Parkland; Josh Hidalgo, DE, Bowie; Ennis Thompson, DE, Andress; Eduardo Cintron, DL, Andress; Hinckley Lavea, DL, Chapin; Chase Warden, DL, Eastwood; Troy Dillard, DL, Coronado; Gus Alba, DL, El Paso High; Pedro Marquez, DL, Canutillo; Patrick Moran, DB, Bowie; David Martinez, DB, Jefferson; Dominic Johnson, DB, Bowie; Frank Kriegbaum, DB, Parkland; Jose Rodriguez, DB, Franklin; Otho Redding, DB, Andress; Patrick Sullivan, DB, Parkland; Casey Courtney, DB, Coronado

WEST ALL-STAR SPECIAL TEAMS - Alexis Martinez, punter, Bowie; Isaac Garcia, kicker, Franklin

EAST ALL-STAR OFFENSE - Keith Tarango-Lopez, QB, Eastlake; Damian Solis, QB, Ysleta; Adrian Chavez, RB, Eastlake; Joshua Fields, RB, Americas; Reynaldo Flores, RB, Ysleta; Evan DeAnda, RB, Montwood; Jorge Hernandez, WR, El Dorado; Damean Bonner, WR, Hanks; Jamiel Garcia, WR, Del Valle; Tyquez Hampton, WR, El Dorado; Jamil Gentry, WR, Bel Air; Jeffrey Spence, WR, Fabens; Cristian Carrasco, OL, Socorro; Cameron Chisholm, OL, Americas; Jared Mendoza, OL, El Dorado; Joshua Nieto, OL, Ysleta; Michael Armendariz, OL, Bel Air; Robert Lazarin, OL, Eastlake; Santana Ponce, OL, Del Valle; Justin Sosa, OL, Clint; Omar Morales, OL, Del Valle; Carlos Lopez, OL, Horizon.

EAST ALL-STAR DEFENSE - Bijan Boyd, LB, Bel Air; David Mares, LB, Tornillo; Kolton Lindemann, LB, Americas; Kevin Henderson, LB, El Dorado; Marco Sanchez, DE, Bel Air; Brandon Ware, DE, Clint; Mike Munoz, DE, Americas; Jorge Rodriguez, DE, Del Valle; Joshua Vargas, DL, Riverside; Phillip Frutig, DL, Montwood; Leo Venegas, DL, Montwood; John Zavala, DL, Mountain View; Jaziel Ortiz, DL, Socorro; Eddie Acosta, DL, Eastlake; Xavier Brooks, DB, Americas; Jacob Monarez, DB, Americas; Marcus Jenkins, DB, Eastlake; Gus Yanez, DB, Del Valle; Fabian Vargas, DB, Riverside; Angel Estrada, DB, Del Valle; Brandon Casas, DB, Montwood; Adrian Vargas, DB, Riverside

EAST ALL-STAR SPECIAL TEAMS - Eddie Maldonado, Punter, San Elizario; Pablo Cortez, Kicker, Faith Christian

Re: Greater El Paso Football Showcase All Star Rosters

Just like the youth city All Stars I think it's an honor and fun.

Quick question for someone with knowledge. What if your kid's on the roster for a spot he doesn't play? It's awesome to be a part of this but doesn't that affect the team?

Grateful, humble, appreciative you name it.

Congrats to all these hard working young men. Best of luck to the ones moving forward.

Quote: epgerm
Quick question for someone with knowledge. What if your kid's on the roster for a spot he doesn't play? It's awesome to be a part of this but doesn't that affect the team?

And that is just 1 of many problems with this All Star Game that many poke fun at.

Just like the youth city All Stars I think it's an honor and fun.

Grateful, humble, appreciative you name it.

Congrats to all these hard working young men. Best of luck to the ones moving forward.

That issue usually arises because there are so many good players for one position and they want to get those players in, so they have to adjust them. A LB could be placed as a DE or a DE could be placed as a DT.

Who picks these teams? I doubt it's coaches because there are plenty of all district players missing.

Quote: Ehs Fan
Who picks these teams? I doubt it's coaches because there are plenty of all district players missing.

Whoever runs it probably draw names out of a hat.

coaches nominate the players. so yeah hater
if your player wasn't nominated
go to your coach to complain
nothing but whiners and haters
don't come on here like a child and
complain

Looks like the East is stacked should be a good game but East will take it for sure.

East in a blowout win again. Maybe the east will pick better players next year. They got some right but missed on a bunch

*West will pick better players

Curious to hear from you guys

Who is missing from the West? East? Why?

Who shouldn't be on here? Why?

Kinda surprised none of the DB's from Chapin made it. They had 3 good seniors in Hernandez, Licon, & Banks, but I'm sure there's a lot of good players in the city.

In the past within this forum a few of us would discuss all the issues with this east and west game. epgerm from those past discussions it's pointless to discuss that particular issue.

It's pointless for the reason that you will have many parents upset that their boy was not selected especially if their boy was a stud on the field with stats and their hudl videos to back up their studness. These parents are furious and very confused and demand answers to the selection process. Some of these parents I'm sure have sleepless nights over this.

Second you will have those parents who think their mijo who really did not do that well on the field but ignore that and insist in believing that their mijo is one of the best or the best player in the city no matter what and know someone who knows someone else and that someone else is a buddy of that person who has a brother whose father is important to someone and a close friend so on and so forth. These parents whose mijo was selected who clearly should not have been selected due to the buddy system will slash out at the parents whose truly talented boy was not selected and will defend their mijo's selection and will continue to walk this earth believing their mijo is the best and proud of it.

Lastly you will have parents whose mijo was selected but are not happy at the position mijo was selected for. Once again MMITBS (my mijo is the best syndrome) comes into play here. These parents believe their mijo is better at that position than that other parent's mijo. These parents are unappreciative and want the whole cake for their mijo not just a piece.

This east and west game is far from being perfect and the buddy system contaminates and spoils it to the core. This game has many flaws and parents whose truly talented boy with stats and hudl videos to back it up should not let it bother them that their boy was not selected. Me personally I view this east and west game like a youth football bowl game where lots of talented players are left out and with players that shouldn't be there are there. Such is life in this city we call El Paso.

MAYBE YOUR MIJO HAS CHARACTER ISSUES
MAYBE HIS GRADES ARE NOT UP TO PAR
THESE ARE ALSO TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT
MAYBE THEY WANT PLAYERS THAT WILL ACTUALLY
SHOW UP TO PRACTICE. BUNCH OF **** BABIES IN HERE!

It's a delicate subject that's for sure

Quote: mausDE
Kinda surprised none of the DB's from Chapin made it. They had 3 good seniors in Hernandez, Licon, & Banks, but I'm sure there's a lot of good players in the city.

This is not an argument saying they weren't good

Chapin defensive front and LBs were monsters!!! Made it really hard to throw the ball. It's reallly hard to rate someone when your job was made easier than normal. You probably know them personally and know what they can do. Almost all Chapin Defense can be the West Defense.

Would Burges, Bowie, Parkland, EP High, etc.... DB's look even better with that pass rush?

Licon.......NE Cowboys little bowl champ

Quote: 79938
MAYBE YOUR MIJO HAS CHARACTER ISSUES
MAYBE HIS GRADES ARE NOT UP TO PAR
THESE ARE ALSO TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT
MAYBE THEY WANT PLAYERS THAT WILL ACTUALLY
SHOW UP TO PRACTICE. BUNCH OF **** BABIES IN HERE!

MAYBE THE PEOPLE THAT MAKE THE PICKS DONT KNOW SQUAT ABOUT FOOTBALL OR WHAT TALENT REALLY LOOKS LIKE.
MAYBE SOME OF THE PLAYERS PICKED HAVE A DAD OR MOM THAT ARE FRIENDS OF THE PEOPLE THAT MAKE THE PICKS
THIS HAS TO ALSO BE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT
MAYBE THEY JUST DO THIS GAME TO PUT EXTRA MONEY IN THEIR POCKET FOR THE HOLIDAYS. BUNCH OF****SCAMMERS

Chapin defensive front and LBs were monsters!!! Made it really hard to throw the ball. It's reallly hard to rate someone when your job was made easier than normal. You probably know them personally and know what they can do. Almost all Chapin Defense can be the West Defense.

Would Burges, Bowie, Parkland, EP High, etc.... DB's look even better with that pass rush?

Well, I don't know them since it's been 5 years since I lived in EP, but I try to follow the team online and know they had a lot of returning starters this year and were great statistically. Had a ton of ints in predistrict & district teams didn't seem to even try throwing

Well, I don't know them since it's been 5 years since I lived in EP, but I try to follow the team online and know they had a lot of returning starters this year and were great statistically. Had a ton of ints in predistrict & district teams didn't seem to even try throwing

They tried man they just couldn't

Best Defense in the EP!!

Believe me no disrespect to the Chapin DB's I'm sure if you switch them out with some on the roster with anyone no one would flinch.

I don't know the other DB's but I do know Bowie's. They played both ways and special teams. True iron men. Patrick was leader interceptions for the District. Big games, for instance completely shut down Burges big receiver whom had a great season. These boys won't disappoint.

Well here's my two cents don't take it as fact but this is what I've been seeing for the last couple of years !!!!!! and it explains why some athletes get picked and others don't !!!!!! If you break it down as follows the same thing seems to occur year after year. So to make a long story short Basically the All star team gets picked by how each team finished out the season !!!!!! it's a numbers game !!!!!!! it's a little complicated but I'll try to simplify it as much as I can !!!! selections are by no means perfect but Like I said it seems to play out this way the last couple of years .... First and foremost the coaches pick the players they want to send to the all star game for their own perceptive team !!!!! A team that is deemed the best in their district is given 6 slots in the all star team the second best team is given 5 slots and so on and so on.... This is how it broke down this Year !!!!!!

Americas 6 slots
Canutillo 6 slots
Bowie 6 slots
Del Valle 6 slots

teams deemed 1st
East Team West Team
Americas 6 slots Canutillo 6 Slots
Del Valle 6 slots Bowie 6 slots

If your wondering why Del Valle gets six slots and they came in second in district ? that's because canutillo is part of the Westside team they still take their 6 slots with them but for district 2-5a it leaves Del Valle on top and makes them first team for 2-5a with 6 slots and Eastlake in second so Eastlake gets 5 slots.

Teams deemed 2nd
East Team West Team
Eastlake 5 slots Franklin 5 slots

Now why does Franklin get 5 slots for the westside when they came in fourth in district and andress came in 2nd ? because Eldo,montwood and americas are all on the eastside team . So Eldo and Montwood are deemed 3rd team in the Eastside team . And somebody decided to deem andress as 3rd team for the westside so they each get 4 slots each and Franklin Becomes 2nd 1-6a team for the Westside team and they get 5 slots

Teams deemed 3rd
East Team West team
Eldo 4 slots Parkland 4 slots
Montwood 4 slots Andress 4 slots

it keeps breaking down that way when you start going further down.. teams deemed fourth get 3 slots and so on and so on.... so bottom line the better you do in district the more players you get to send to the all star game the worse you do the least amount of players you get to send !!!!! Not a perfect system but it is what it is ....... Right or wrong that's what I've been observing the last couple of years when it comes to this all Start game ....... So don't kill the messenger !!! Just saying!!!!!!!

Quote: Juco

In the past within this forum a few of us would discuss all the issues with this east and west game. epgerm from those past discussions it's pointless to discuss that particular issue.

It's pointless for the reason that you will have many parents upset that their boy was not selected especially if their boy was a stud on the field with stats and their hudl videos to back up their studness. These parents are furious and very confused and demand answers to the selection process. Some of these parents I'm sure have sleepless nights over this.

Second you will have those parents who think their mijo who really did not do that well on the field but ignore that and insist in believing that their mijo is one of the best or the best player in the city no matter what and know someone who knows someone else and that someone else is a buddy of that person who has a brother whose father is important to someone and a close friend so on and so forth. These parents whose mijo was selected who clearly should not have been selected due to the buddy system will slash out at the parents whose truly talented boy was not selected and will defend their mijo's selection and will continue to walk this earth believing their mijo is the best and proud of it.

Lastly you will have parents whose mijo was selected but are not happy at the position mijo was selected for. Once again MMITBS (my mijo is the best syndrome) comes into play here. These parents believe their mijo is better at that position than that other parent's mijo. These parents are unappreciative and want the whole cake for their mijo not just a piece.

This east and west game is far from being perfect and the buddy system contaminates and spoils it to the core. This game has many flaws and parents whose truly talented boy with stats and hudl videos to back it up should not let it bother them that their boy was not selected. Me personally I view this east and west game like a youth football bowl game where lots of talented players are left out and with players that shouldn't be there are there. Such is life in this city we call El Paso.

True. Every dad thinks their little mijo is most valuable player even if he can't hold on to the football and fumbles a lot, can't catch, can't throw, can't tackle, can't kick, can't can't can't but he should have been selected as a All Star.

Wow DAD, you are so full of sh!+. The coaches pick the kids that go to the All-Star game and you said that those who pick don't know what they are doing. Parents are buddy-buddy with the coaches and paying them off, dude are you off your rocker. Why so much hate! That's right coaches don't know talent(sarcasm) or maybe they do and also pick those that work hard all year not just during the season but off season as well. Typical mad or jealous parent hating on everyone that made it to the All-Star roster instead of just congrats to all these kids for a hard working season. Congratulations to all seniors for a hard fought season, to those that made the All-Star roster congrats. I know that many kids didn't make the roster should of.

Quote: mark50doza
Wow DAD, you are so full of sh!+. The coaches pick the kids that go to the All-Star game and you said that those who pick don't know what they are doing. Parents are buddy-buddy with the coaches and paying them off, dude are you off your rocker. Why so much hate! That's right coaches don't know talent(sarcasm) or maybe they do and also pick those that work hard all year not just during the season but off season as well. Typical mad or jealous parent hating on everyone that made it to the All-Star roster instead of just congrats to all these kids for a hard working season. Congratulations to all seniors for a hard fought season, to those that made the All-Star roster congrats. I know that many kids didn't make the roster should of.

FYI local media tv and newspaper pundits and some all star volunteers select high school football players to participate in the all star game. Current high school football coaches have no part whatsoever in the final selection process.

coaches do select the players idiot; to be considered
they may not choose who makes it; but the coaches create the pool
of players who are chosen; dunmbASS

Why the anger?

No need for the foul language.

For what it's worth TheTruth is right high school coaches do not have the final say in the selections. Yes high school coaches do provide names but that is all. They have no part of the selection after that.

It's the local news people and all star people that decide the final selections.

Take it from me it is not like some mom and pops think. No way is there a room with a large table where 30 some El Paso area high school football head coaches sit about it smoking expensive cigars while drinking some fine old aged whiskey and discussing which of their athletes ought to be in this game.

Take it from me it is not like some mom and pops think. No way is there a room with a large table where 30 some El Paso area high school football head coaches sit about it smoking expensive cigars while drinking some fine old aged whiskey and discussing which of their athletes ought to be in this game.

To All, Favoritism and Nepotism does happen alot. Realife.

Yeah you idiot the pool is any senior that started lol........the all star game is joke. and it is not representative of who the best players are because every team has to be represented. that alone makes sure all the best players aren't on the team.

nope its more like a room full of has beens and never will be pick the teams so they can feel like they are coaches.

Just me but I think its silly to have an all star game while the season is still going on...its almost as if the organizers are admitting defeat.."Well lets schedule a game during the 4th round of the playoffs since we know there wont be any El Paso teams left,"

No other area plays a local all-star game til January...

Quote: MattStepp
Just me but I think its silly to have an all star game while the season is still going on...its almost as if the organizers are admitting defeat.."Well lets schedule a game during the 4th round of the playoffs since we know there wont be any El Paso teams left,"

I totally agree.

I agree and it's why in my opinion as to why local coaches frown upon this game event or whatever it is.

When I used to coach I did not like receiving and seeing information on my desk from this game during the week we were heading into the 2nd round.

Right. And hats the point. What do the real players have to gain from this game. it does not benefit the real players that have d1 offers. All they can do is get hurt. Your mid tier players might get a look or two though so for them it's great when coupled with the combine. But for folks like Hampton this is dumb.

Ive been reading all this negativity about this game. Maybe its not the greatest but it gives these boys a chance to to play one more game. At the same time its just for fun, im sure these boys will enjoy it. Alot of these kids have been going up against eachother since probably peewee ball and alot of them now get to be on the same team for at least 1 more game. So don't down play what some of these kids have done, its easy to talk smack when we are not the ones putting in the work and getting on the field to play. These boys are proud to be playing, give them their props and support their efforts.

The misconception about this all star game over the years is that some players think that there will be some or alot of Division 1 recruiters at this all star game watching them to offer them full rides. This is NOT true. Never in all the years have a hand full of Division 1 recruiters attended this all star game. When the people of the all star game started the combine a couple of years ago some Division 2 recruiters stay to watch the all star game. But again the misconception about this all star game by some players is that they think that some or alot of Division 1 recruiters will be at this game when in fact there never are none only a couple of Division 2 recruiters will be there who decided to stay after the combine.

Players should take this game as a fun thing to participate in and not take it serious with high hopes and thinking that some or alot of Division 1 recruiters will be watching them when there will be none. Just have fun.

There are a ton of recruiters at the game and combine. I'm a coach and have first hand knowledge of this. This is a great opportunity for all these athletes. They all stick around and watch the game too. Stop being so negative. This is great and will be missed when it is gone.

Quote: SLJ
There are a ton of recruiters at the game and combine. I'm a coach and have first hand knowledge of this. This is a great opportunity for all these athletes. They all stick around and watch the game too. Stop being so negative. This is great and will be missed when it is gone.

It's not being negative it's called being truthful. There are NOT a ton of recruiters at this game. Stop being a liar. The only recruiters that will be at this game are a couple of the Division 2 or NAIA recruiters that decided to stay to watch the game after having scouted the combine the day prior.

Tell the truth and stop telling lies to the kids and their parents.

college is college
if you get a DII scholarship; does it matter?
NAIA; does it matter?
school is more important
great for these kids! period
THE TRUTH is have fun and if
someone throws some college money your way
you take it

college is college
if you get a DII scholarship; does it matter?
NAIA; does it matter?
school is more important
great for these kids! period
THE TRUTH is have fun and if
someone throws some college money your way
you take it

Yes I agree with you all that is great for the athletes I was simply stating the truth about the misconception many athletes have had over the years about Division 1 recruiters going to this all star game when the truth is that Division 1 recruiters do not go to this game looking to offer full rides. But again Division 2 or NAIA recruiters do stay after the combine to scout at this all star game.

Just some food for thought.

Del Valle 8 players in this game

Bowie ~ 6 players in this game
Canutillo ~ 6 players in this game

Eastlake ~ 5 players in this game
Franklin ~ 5 players in this game
Montwood ~ 5 players in this game

Coronado ~ 4 players in this game
Bel Air ~ 4 players in this game
Andress ~ 4 players in this game
Parkland ~ 4 players in this game
Chapin ~ 4 players in this game
Americas ~ 4 players in this game
El Dorado ~ 4 players in this game

Riverside ~ 3 players in this game
Ysleta ~ 3 players in this game
Burges ~ 3 players in this game
Eastwood ~ 3 players in this game

Socorro ~ 2 players in this game
El Paso ~ 2 players in this game
Clint ~ 2 players in this game
Cathedral ~ 2 players in this game

Tornillo ~ 1 player in this game
Faith Christian ~ 1 player in this game
San Elizario ~ 1 player in this game
Mountain View ~ 1 player in this game
Austin ~ 1 player in this game
Hanks ~ 1 player in this game
Horizon ~ 1 player in this game
Jefferson ~ 1 player in this game
Irvin ~ 1 player in this game

Del Valle having 8 chosen for the All Star game is ludicrous. Favoritism definitely going on here.

Someone please answer me these questions.

Did Del Valle win district?
Did Del Valle win a playoff game?

I heard some players that were chosen decided not to play so there was openings and got filled pretty fast.

Re: 2016 Greater El Paso Football Showcase All-Star Rosters

One of the most underrated players was from Bel Air #50 MLB he along with Byrd #21 had 112 tackles each.he was consistent at every game and practice and didn't make the showcase 😏

Congrats to all players who were picked to play in this game and to those players who did not get picked to play in this game and who many throughout the city know that you should have been picked don't sweat it and go out there and prove to yourself and others in college ball that you are the real deal.

Heres my experience on this allstar game. It is true there will be some recruiters there, not a lot but some. More will be at the combine. The truth is, if a player is serious about playing at the next level, their highlight film should be done and on Hudl, along with that player sending it along with a small email to every college and university they can. Most recruiters will have all ready decided who they want well before the all star game. Thats how my kid got his offers. The school he decided to go to all ready had him pinned before the game.

Quote: footballjunkie
Heres my experience on this allstar game. It is true there will be some recruiters there, not a lot but some. More will be at the combine. The truth is, if a player is serious about playing at the next level, their highlight film should be done and on Hudl, along with that player sending it along with a small email to every college and university they can. Most recruiters will have all ready decided who they want well before the all star game. Thats how my kid got his offers. The school he decided to go to all ready had him pinned before the game.

Please allow me to correct your post a little bit as it's lacking some truth.

"""""It is true there will be some Division 2, Division 3 and NAIA recruiters there, not a lot but some Division 2, Division 3 and NAIA recruiters will be there""""""

"""""highlight film should be done on Hudl but don't stop there it should also be done on every other website on the internet that allows you to upload videos and a profile of yourself. The more of you throughout the internet the better"""""

"""""Most Division 2, Division 3 and NAIA recruiters that will be at this combine will have already decided who they want well before the all star game BUT there are 100's more Division 2, Division 3 and NAIA recruiters throughout the country that did not attend the combine that have not decided and are still looking for athletes so don't get discouraged if you're not talked to or offered by any Division 2, Division 3 or NAIA recruiter at the combine. Don't pin all your hopes on the combine!!!"""""

Quote: TheTruth
Quote: footballjunkie

Please allow me to correct your post a little bit as it's lacking some truth.

"""""It is true there will be some Division 2, Division 3 and NAIA recruiters there, not a lot but some Division 2, Division 3 and NAIA recruiters will be there""""""

"""""highlight film should be done on Hudl but don't stop there it should also be done on every other website on the internet that allows you to upload videos and a profile of yourself. The more of you throughout the internet the better"""""

"""""Most Division 2 and NAIA recruiters that will be at this combine will have already decided who they want well before the all star game BUT there are 100's more Division 2, Division 3 and NAIA recruiters throughout the country that did not attend the combine that have not decided and are still looking for athletes"""""

OK, so its not that I didnt tell the truth, I forgot a few things. Thank god for your wisdom.

what will I do without all the rest of your guys football wisdom to add to my washed up has been football wisdom lol. You folks are funny. Great entertainment.

Eastside All-Stars dominates over the west!

the west wasnt even competitive

West athletes not scoring at all? Players or coaches?

West athletes not scoring at all? Players or coaches?

Or was the East that much better?

canutillo QB had 5 picks 2 returned for TD
bad as it gets
GO ORANGE!

He is not a good QB. He did good for his team and district but he will not be calling the signals for any college.

Quote: Cougars
He is not a good QB. He did good for his team and district but he will not be calling the signals for any college.
neither will the qb for franklin, or any one else on franklins team.

The Franklin QB will play QB in college just on his mechanics. Don't take it personal. Skill for skill the Canutillo QB is not close to the Franklin QB. Franklin QB has some faults but he has a lot more than the other QB.

As the Bowie QB's dad I went from disappointed to insulted

I thought he should've gotten a chance to showcase at a showcase game

Thanks for the opportunity

Franklin QB showed nothing today, the only mechanics he showed was that he was slow and an inaccurate passer. And not very tough. So keep dreaming

Whatever man, but on signing day make sure you come back on here and discuss. His day was not as bad as the Canutillo QB. Come on open your eyes. I will even humor you. Canutillo QB is the best in the city, ok. He will go D1.

Canutillo QB won't play college football what he is is a leader and a winner.

It's one of the reasons why I posted above some days ago that no one absolutely no one should take this game serious.

unfortunately there has definately been a shift in talent in our city

neither west qb should have been in the game. there were better choices. why not evan aguilar, the kid from bowie or anyone for that matter. those qbs embarrassed the westside plain and simple. we all know why hatch made it......

I agree and well said. I hope these athletes have their highlights, transcript, and letter of interests ready to send to the colleges/universities. There is hope but it is also late in the game if it is has not been done. I have spoken to many parents and they are under the assumption that these college coaches will appear at their home asking for their son. That does not happen. The competition is so high at all levels. They should have been proactive getting on coaches radar months ago vs trying to do it last minute.

Quote: TheTruth

It's one of the reasons why I posted above some days ago that no one absolutely no one should take this game serious.

I tried but competitive instinct kicks in

You figure if your first choice is out, other choice having a bad day, down 50 points in garbage time

Oh well it's done, moving on

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the East will dominate over the West next year as well. Just so you know.

i concur

Quote: East Wins Again
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the East will dominate over the West next year as well. Just so you know.

I think the all star people are thinking of changing the entire format of the game which in my opinion they should overhaul the whole thing. So there may not be a east and west game it could be something else next year.

6a vs 5a would be cool.......but still unfair

Quote: supporter

The only issue then becomes are schools that are lower districts like Clint or Mountain View. Or even the private schools.

What would be pretty cool is before the players are selected, the all star coaches should choose teams in a draft style. But also, they should not be allowed any say in which players are chosen.

Quote: 915Fan
Quote: supporter

The only issue then becomes are schools that are lower districts like Clint or Mountain View. Or even the private schools.

What would be pretty cool is before the players are selected, the all star coaches should choose teams in a draft style. But also, they should not be allowed any say in which players are chosen.

That is one issue out of many. What about the practices? Where will the teams practice? So let's just say for argument sakes that Team 1 is practicing at the Socorro complex so that means players that were drafted to Team 1 and live in the westside of El Paso will have to travel miles and miles for practices for 2 to 3 weeks before the All star game. Same goes for Team 2 lets say they are having their practices Canutillo which means players from the eastside of El Paso will have to travel miles and miles for practices for 2 to 3 weeks before the All star game.

Travel to practices would be a big problem if there was a draft sort of thing if you don't think so then you don't know diddly squat.

Split the game into six teams
East(Montwood, Eastwood, Americas,Hanks, Bel Air, Faith Christian)
West(Franklin,Coronado,Canutillo, El Paso, Anthony)
Northeast(Andress, Parkland, Chapin, Irvin)
Central(Bowie, Burges, Austin, Jefferson, Cathedral)
Lower Valley(Del Valle, Ysleta, Clint, Riverside, Socorro, San Elizario)
Far East(El Dorado, Pebble Hills, Eastlake, Horizon, Mountain View, Tornillo)

More All- Stars, more people would support , more games,

Set up a tournament

East practice at Eastwood
West practice at Franklin
Far East at Pebble Hills
Lower Valley at Del Valle
Northeast at Parkland
Central at new Jefferson if it is ready

Staff would be made up of the head coach from each team+1.

Players would be chosen by this staff.

Better teams more players 1st 8, 2nd-7, 3rds -6, 4th -5 , 5th-4 , 6th -3.

Sorry King but that is ludicrous. No way will that work believe me I know and I know this because I'm Juco.

I think they should keep the same system. Maybe change out the coaches. It's not like the west squad didn't have talented players. It's mare about building chemistry in a short time.

Quote: ThE KiNg

Set up a tournament

That's an interesting concept, but problematic because it's too unbalanced. The Far East, East, and Lower Valley groupings have much larger talent pools (cumulative student enrollment) than West, Northeast, and Central.

The all-star game typically tries to give each side a roughly comparable talent pool. That's why Eastwood participants now play on the West team, because the sides were starting to get unbalanced, if I remember correctly. Most of the recent growth has been on the east side.

Quote: ThE KiNg

Set up a tournament

That's an interesting concept, but problematic because it's too unbalanced. The Far East, East, and Lower Valley groupings have much larger talent pools (cumulative student enrollment) than West, Northeast, and Central.

The all-star game typically tries to give each side a roughly comparable talent pool. That's why Eastwood participants now play on the West team, because the sides were starting to get unbalanced, if I remember correctly. Most of the recent growth has been on the east side.

That format sounds fine and dandy on paper and table and forum talk but for the final championship game there hardly won't be any spectators sitting on the stands watching it. As it is the current All star game struggles to attract spectators to its game. The people who go to the current All star game are parents of the players, parents of the cheerleaders, parents of the dancers. The current All star game averages about 4,500 spectators. So your format and the final championship game I say will average about a measly 1,500 spectators. I bring up spectators because events need to raise money in order to keep having the event year after year.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m