Forum: EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
2-5a predictions

What are this years predictions for 2-5a?

The tale of the tape 2016

Champions- Canutillo-(8-0)
#2- Del Valle (7-1)
#3- Eastlake (6-2)
#4- Parkland (5-3)
Just missed the playoffs
#5- Bel Air(4-4)
#6- Ysleta (3-5)
Not even close
#7- Riverside (2-6)
#8- Horizon (1-7)
#9- Hanks (0-8)

Canutillo came out of the wood work and shock the district putting it on every team last year.

My Prediction for this year

#1- Eastlake- RB Jones (528 yards rushing 3tds, 195 yard receiving), ATH Avina (931 yards receiving 8 tds, 188 yards rushing), Rios (492 yards receiving 8tds), and QB White (435 yards passing 2 tds), should be fun to watch on the offensive side. look fr Talavera and Donacio to contribute as well. Anchoring that O-Line will be Granados and Bumpass. On defense look for Williams(60 tackles and 1 interception) , Molinar(59 tackles) , Sepulveda(126 tackles and 2 sacks), and Carmona (39 tackles and 2 interceptions) to be playmakers on defense. This should be one of the strongest teams coming back this year.
#1- Del Valle- Hard nose running back Adrian Vasquez (717 rushing yards and 12 touchdowns) should have some great numbers at running back with full duties at that position. They also return the top signal caller in the district in Montez (644 yards rushing 12 tds, 2,028 yards passing and 11 touchdowns). At receiver Gardiner and Herrera will have big shoes to fill but should emerge. The defense will be lead by LB Rodriguez (119 tackles, 3 sacks), Perez( 82 tackles), S Vasquez (45 tackles and 2 interceptions), DE Baeza (6 sacks, 22 tackles), FS (Vargas 2 INTS). Tuialuuluu and Esquivel should anchor the O-Line. Return a 1-2 punch on offense with Montez and Vasquez, lack proven receivers. On defense return enough fire power to make some noise.
#3 Parkland- They return first team all state RB and work horse Hankins (2,812 yards rushing and 23 touchdowns), strong arm QB Briggs (2,424 yards passing and 29 touchdowns), and lengthy and speedy receiver Henderson (537 yards receiving and 10 tds). On defense Hankins should be a force (151 tackles and 5 sacks) as well as DL Mendoza (79 tackles and 7 sacks), and
DL (De La Cerda). Parkland will have several scouts in the stands should make for Players on both sides playing their best.
#4 Bel Air- Going out on a limb and saying that Bel Air is the Darkhorse in 2-5a have plenty of skill and if they get momentum going should propel them to make the playoffs and maybe even more in Big Red Country. A year ago lost to Canutillo by 3 and Eastlake by 1, could very easily have been a playoff team. Return field general Ybarra (1280 yards rushing and 10tds, 676 yards rushing and 7 tds), WR Diaz(474 yards receiving and 4 tds) and WR Quezada(212 yards receiving and 1 td) will be top targets. Defense should be lead by LB Woodruff(42 tackles) and LB Hernandez (82 tackles) and DB Gentry (2 interceptions).
#5 Canutillo- Could possibly shock us again by making the playoffs and maybe even more. Year in and year out Coach Brooks makes something out of nothing. Give him a Del Valle, Eastlake, or Parkland team that team would be making another state run. Unfortunately Canutillo doesn't have those type of players but what they do have are hard nose, pour their hearts out players that would do anything for Coach. That being said they lost many player and do not return many starter, should not compete on paper. However these players should be difference makers for the Eagles. QB Arellano and RB Martinez (420 yards rushing and 4tds) should lead the attack, lookout for RB Valdez to emerge as well as WR Galaviz. The defense should be lead by Del Real (52 tackles) and Martinez (57 tackles and 1 interception)
#6 Ysleta- I like what Coach Martinez is doing down at the reservation restoring all the tradition, but I still think they are a year away. Look out for WR Martinez and WR Araiza. The O-Line should be a strength.
#7 Hanks- There is a lot of excitement at Hanks and Coach Price coupled with the construction at Eastwood might start keeping those players at home. Coach Price is an offensive mastermind so expect lots of offense early on. Expect whoever wins the qb spot to benefit from this. Peterson is the biggest threat on offense. The deense should be lead by Escobedo and Holt.
#8 Horizon- Coach Melendez picked up a tall task, and rightfully so as he an alumni from there. There is much respect from the community and the players there is. Coach is rebuilding but won't be able to compete until next year when the district change. Two kids that should impact the offense are Alvarado and Olivares. Mathews, and Olvera should lead the defense.
#9 Riverside- Year two for Coach Pallanez does not get any better, no much talent=not much winning.

Overall MVP- QB Montez-Del Valle
Offense MVP- RB Deion Hankins-Parkland
Defense MVP- LB Devontey Hankins-Parkland

This should be an exciting year of in 2-5a as thing will only get tougher next year for the likes of the top teams when they realign the 5a's in el paso. Eastlake and Del Valle are my number one's with the number of starters they return on both offense and defense. Plenty of talent on both those teams. Parkland returns the best two players on either side of the ball in the form of the Hankins brothers. Remind me of the Jones when they played at Burges in the way they dominated and most likely end up being Division 1 players. Bel Air is my dark horse and why not they were very close to making playoffs a year ago. Canutillo is the best coach team in the district, you can ask the likes of Del Valle and Eastlake. So you can never count them out, I'm sure they are working as we speak. Ysleta, Hanks, and Horizon are all rebuilding but she be ready a year from now. Riverside unfortunately is headed in the wrong direction.

Re: 2-5a predictions

So for some reason I thought I was reading the National Enquirer or watching that fake CNN news or perhaps reading all the lies on the New York Times and Washington Post, well King I think you know nothing about the Eagles and you and everybody think every year that they're not going to do good and I know that's what you guys want but the fact of the matter is football for the Eagles is not just a sport it's a lifestyle. Now you can text whatever you want to text all the information about every team but
Canuts always pulls through , so with that said and done let me show you how ridiculous you sound Eldorado is not going to win a game, Montwood is going to win only one game America's is going to win only two games and Socorro high school is going to go undefeated and reach the state playoffs or actually the state championship game now how ridiculous does that sound well that's exactly how you sound to me buddy.😂

Flint, how about you sell your team to us and tell us who wee need to look out for. It seems like you have insight information, tell us what receivers will emerge? What running back looks the best? How are you numbers looking tell us your prediction as to how many games you will win. I did give credit, where credit is due. You all have phenomenal coaches and hard nose players. But numbers wise their is not much back, however that being said you will be able to see how your team looks early on with Coronado and Bel Air. Best of luck to your team. And hopefully you will proof us wrong. I put a lot of numbers down because they don't lie, however there are underneath factors that change things up like coaching. Also give us a rundown of the teams in district 2-5a as well as how they will finish. Thanks for your insight.

I for one, appreciate all of Kings insight. I might not agree with where he put my Spartans but wow he has knowledge. Keep up the great posts!

King I don't need to put up numbers the fact of the matter is that at the end of the year we always do well .I remember last year numbers look really good for Eastlake and we beat them numbers look really good for Del Valle and we beat them supposably the running back from Parkland was going to rush over 200 yards against us I believe he had minus 5 so yeah and every year we have good players every year, these kids are coming from our elementary school with good junior high records so thank God that we always have good players.

And also King not to mention I did not like that comment that you said that coach Brooks always makes something out of nothing that's not a very good thing to say about kids that have made the playoffs year-in and year-out not to mention made it to the fifth round and the third round and last year went 11-0.So would it be good to say that all of these teams that you favor that have a lot of good players at the end,end up as (nothings) would you say that would be a good assessment.Just saying

You want me to let you know what I thought about the district well I'm going to tell you what I've always thought for year after year the teams that matter are the only teams that have always mattered in No particular order Del Valle,Canutillo, Eastlake everyone else is just hoping to somehow get lucky and make it but I do give a little credit to Parkland

Quote: Flint
You want me to let you know what I thought about the district well I'm going to tell you what I've always thought for year after year the teams that matter are the only teams that have always mattered in No particular order Del Valle,Canutillo, Eastlake everyone else is just hoping to somehow get lucky and make it but I do give a little credit to Parkland
PARKLAND is a zoo! There is always a lot of talent there but the biggest challenge to the Coaching staff is keeping the talent on the field.

I agree

Quote: TrooperX
PARKLAND is a zoo! There is always a lot of talent there but the biggest challenge to the Coaching staff is keeping the talent on the field.

But now they have Coach Fontz who turned the Riverside program around! also, I heard he aligned himself with some great coaches, like Coach Jones from hanks....

Quote: Super Trooper
Quote: TrooperX

But now they have Coach Fontz who turned the Riverside program around! also, I heard he aligned himself with some great coaches, like Coach Jones from hanks....

Coach Frontz did not turn the Riverside program around. That's why he's at Parkland now. Coach Cal (Eastlake coach) is the one that kept the winning tradition at Riverside going after Coach Work retired.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m