Forum: EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Scrimmages

Please post your teams scheduled scrimmages here and updates

Eastlake vs Pebble Hills Friday, August 25th @ the SAC.

Re: Scrimmages

#6Canutillo vs #5Franklin (7pm @ Cougar Stadium)

Eastwood Vs Del Valle
25th at 7:00 PM
@ Del Valle

Quote: epwatch
#6Canutillo vs #5Franklin (7pm @ Cougar Stadium)

Is it this Thursday or Friday?

Montwood vs Odessa H.S in Van Horn on the 25th

I believe Friday.

El Dorado and Chapin scrimmaging today

AZTECS, what happened to you guys scrimmaging Midland High like you have in years passed in Van Horn? Just curious...

Del Valle vs Eastwood in a Scrimmage tonight

Updates please

Del Valle embarrassing Eastwood. Del Valle looked like the 6A team and Eastwood looked like the 5A team.

It's gonna be a looooooong season if we don't get our sh*t together. We have a lot of room for improvement and I believe we can still contend. Hats off to Del Valle, they look like the real deal.

Franklin-28 Canutillo-6....

Game wasn't close. Maybe it was the rain delay. Easy dropped TD passes by Franklin, should've been 42-6...

Epwatch I wasn't at tonight's game but I heard 1st vs 1st was 7-6 Franklin?

1's scored twice and 2's scored twice. I'm sure that what Canutillo is saying. Wasn't even close.

I got to catch the Franklin vs. Canutillo game. Franklin looked good, Canutillo has plenty of work ahead of themselves. Quick observation;
Franklin- #8 stud quarterback was money all game and made some nice reads and great throws. Receivers dropped some balls and easy touchdowns especially #6. Coach take him OUT!!!! #21 is a stud running back made some highlight real highlights!!! #23 is a hell of a running back saw him go in there and tear it up with some great moves. #3 top receiver was MIA??? Did he play? Line was solid, descent size just need to fix some holding calls that negated some big plays.
Defense was physical and got after it,good secondary, solid defensive line and descent linebackers.

Overall performance B-

Canutillo- They a big line that gets after it at times, quarterback is solid more of a running threat. A descent tall running back that ran hard. Defense has a small secondary. They gave up the big play way too much. Arm tackling needs to improve.

Overall performance C-

Pebble Hills and Eastlake Break down !!!! Final score not sure if it was 26-12 or 20-12 thought a touchdown by pebble hills got called back but it's neither here nor there !!! Overall I enjoyed the scrimmage .....

1's against 1's had 3 series each

Pebble Hills #10 pass to number #15 Td extra point good
Eastlake #20 scored on run failed extra point

2's against 2's

Pebble Hills #7 pass to number #5 TD extra point good
Pebble Hills #7 pass to number #80 TD extra point good
Pebble Hills #22 TD run extra point good .. not sure if they called it back or not
Eastlake #4 TD run extra point failed.

Of note running back zeke jones for Eastlake did not play in the scrimmage ..

Starters were 2 scores to 1 in favor of Franklin. Honest assessment on Canutillo: we need a lot of work on the defensive side. Specifically at the cornerback position. As previously mentioned, Franklin had two dropped wide open tds during the same possession which resulted in a punt. One of Franklins tds came of a Dominguez run that all of Canutillo's front seven put their hands on him and couldn't tackle. But the game is played as is, not what could have been. Canutillo better find some capable corners or they are in trouble. Also, this team is not deep whatsoever. Franklin's 2's and 3's scored at ease without any issues. Offensively, Eagles looked ok. They were picking up plenty of yardage on the runs but they never wore the Franklin defense down due to the length of the game. Passing wise... well, this is Coach Brooks offense. He won't ever air it out. But it was lethargic at best when they did.

I believe it was 14-6 ones vs ones... like stated one big play touchdown was called back #3 Lyles caught... and #6 dropped 2 wide open TDs....

Watched the SPARTANS V FALCONS and bith teams have explosive players. Both defenses fly around to the ball. Pebble Hills High is small up front defensively but they make that up with discipline and technique. #44 is the real deal at LB. Offensively they have weapons and speed. I think they had only one dropped pass. O line is still suspect to me but they got better each series. PHHS also has a good back up at QB.
Falcons QB is going to do some special things. Smart player with athleticism to add. Receivers ran open a few times they just didn't connect. Defense was good but did give up some edge plays.
Both teams will be a tough out for every team. I don't do scores for scrimmages because they rotated so much.

Was impressed with the cougs last night, lots of weapons and played with ease. on the other hand Canutillo has a long road in front of them. NO DEFENCE/NO SIZE OR SPEED.

Quote: Kingsrealm
Pebble Hills and Eastlake Break down !!!! Final score not sure if it was 26-12 or 20-12 thought a touchdown by pebble hills got called back but it's neither here nor there !!! Overall I enjoyed the scrimmage .....

1's against 1's had 3 series each

Pebble Hills #10 pass to number #15 Td extra point good
Eastlake #20 scored on run failed extra point

2's against 2's

Pebble Hills #7 pass to number #5 TD extra point good
Pebble Hills #7 pass to number #80 TD extra point good
Pebble Hills #22 TD run extra point good .. not sure if they called it back or not
Eastlake #4 TD run extra point failed.

Of note running back zeke jones for Eastlake did not play in the scrimmage ..

I believe your right about the TD being called back.
What stood out to me was edge speed by both squads. Pretty evenly matched so both teams got some good work in! Lot of really good skill players on both sides

Wow was really surprised at Franklin lack of Wr speed and a ton of dropped passes. Canutillo secondary was lost.Franklin Qb is good but slow great arm .Rb is awesome. WR #3 was good but with the lack of speed and size of the fellow Wr teams should be able double team.Franklin D is not very good the got hammered up the middle.Overall size of the d is small.With only 2 true threats Rb Wr and not so good D Franklin's misses playoffs this year.Canutillo on the other hand looks like they have there hands full Qb can't throw they have two solid Rb backs .They have no Wr or CB . Conclusion Franklin 1 s had a had time scoring on a bad Canutillo team basicly a two man team 14 and 86 .I really hope I'm wrong but time for walker to get walking Franklin has alot of talent and look terrible fix the d please.

86 played against Franklin 3's.... You stated Franklin was slow???? Defense was terrible? But at the end you said Franklin has alot of good athletes get rid of Walker? Truth is you need to stop stirring the pot! Yes there were dropped wide open passes 60 yrds down field, that makes them slow right? #2 (6'2), #3 (6'3), #18 (5'10)and didn't play along with #83, yes the two starting slots sat out, along with the stud OLB #16... who they didn't need givivg up 6 points... but defense was terrible. #8 QB slow? 1 design rush 8yrd first down, by the way didn't know QBs had to have top notch speed... Both RBs had huge holes to run through and did so...."Truh is a Lie" lol

Maybe you should read ep watch.There are Wr's on the bench better then the ones in the game.And I hope you where at the game cause 86 played two drives against Franklin's 1s and was very productive.As far as the d if you would read I said Canutillo isn't a very good team Franklin didn't blow them out of the water.Ill explain so YOU can understand .If you were at the game YOU should have noticed how weak the Canutillo secondary was franklin scored once can u understand that?Also as far as the o line they did ok Canutillo had alot of tackles behind the line franklin had 2 really good runs one with like 8 broken tackles right??Some times you need to take off the purple glasses and call for football for what it is!!

Comical☠☠

I know Franklin well! That RB you claim ran all over them was there 3rd string RB in the spring! What happened to the points??? Did you forget that the only drive they scored on was on a conduct penalty on 3 and 16???? Were you at the game???

It wasn't a game. It was a scrimmage. Things are tried in scrimmages that would not be done in games. Players are tried that won't be played the rest of the season. Let both canutillos and Franklins past history speak for themselves.both have great coaches and players. Quit trying make this more than what it was. A SCRIMMAGE....

Purple glasses 4 sure. Canutillo needs a lot of work but Franklin was not impressive whatsoever. Hopefully both squads iron it out as there needs to be a lot of improvement.

Yea you are right

Guys you all have to remember that these are scrimmages. As a former player I can attest that for the most part starters play very minimal and it's an opportunity for the staff to see what they have and try new things out. It also helps newcomers work out varsity jitters. I wasn't at any scrimmages so I can't say what I saw but these are practices in game like situations. Friday is when we get to see who's for real. Hopefully someone from El Paso wins state this year!

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m