EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Eastwood Troopers 17

All of you don't know what is coming but you will!!!

Re: Eastwood Troopers 17

Troop
All of you don't know what is coming but you will!!!

Not again

Yawn!! Every year you guys try so hard to put your name out there and every year no one cares. Your almost as bad as the fear the falcon crap we kept seeing a few years back

Think whatever you want and keep sleeping on our boys.

EP Gridiron has our Troop at #13 and El Paso Times has us at #7.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2017/08/24/high-school-football-countdown-no-7-eastwood-has-eyes-returning-state-playoffs/541179001/

The rankings of our team from so called experts do not matter. All that really matters is what we believe and we believe we are #1. Our boys are working hard every day and have a strong desire to be the best out there and they will be.

Eastwood #1

I'm sure there's not any other program working hard and putting in work to be #1. Give me a break. That's everyone's goal! Let the boys play. The best will be left standing in the end. And we'll have these same B.S. conversations next season.

Good luck Troopers. Hope you can prove the critics including myself wrong.

TrooperX

Best coaching in town with the best talent in town consider it proving.

Ralph
TrooperX

I guess just not the best English teachers in town...

Big Red
Ralph
TrooperX

I guess just not the best English teachers in town...

Proving was used on purpose dodo bird as Eastwood will keep proving it every week this season and into the future.

The only thing Eastwood proved tonight was that they need a lot of work. They looked horrendous!

How was the QB play? Did the defense struggle?

We don't know! Eastwood never showed up to the scrimmage!

Love when the "experts" break down scrimmages. 1's vs 1's was 2 scores each. When the 2's and 3's came in Del Valle dominated. Think they scored 4 times Eastwood 0. Does Eastwood have things to work on? Absolutely. Is the sky falling?
No. Montes is the real deal just like his big bro, strong arm. If he has a growth spurt the next couple of years lots of D-1 schools will be calling. Del Valle defense flys around and will hit you in the mouth. On the Eastwood side the sophomore quarterback Castaneda showed some flashes at times that he can lead the offense; strong arm. Defensively the Troop needs desperately to work on tackling. They are constantly reaching and lunging. Several times players were in position to make a tackle but did not break down and flew right by the ball carrier. This team should be working tackling drills every single day. Tackling is like shaving, if you dont do it every day you start to look like crap. Del Valle will be in the hunt for a DC. If Eastwood cleans some things up they should be okay.

What scrimmage were you OBSERVING?! 1's had 2 scores each?! Lol Eastwood's defense had a strip takeaway for a 60yard return.(That's the highlight of your scrimmage, yes that's it!) Then they bombed the 2 point conversion because the PAT team is non existent. The offense never crossed mid field and had maybe 3 first downs. Let's be real Eastwood is done, Seth left and those boys stop believing. Montez and the offense opened up the scrimmage with a 5 play drive ending with a walk in touchdown. Then the second team QB came in after the score and moved the offense down the field on Eastwood's first defense as well. Montez added another Td run during LIVE play then they pulled him. The night was capped off with DV's second and third team scoring another 4-5 times. At the end of the night it was hard to tell if DV was really that good or Eastwood was really that bad.

Obvously not the one you saw but i did watch the film and trust me it was 2 scores each for the 1's.

I OBSERVED the film too...What was the second score besides the take away by number #4? Don't worry I'll wait....

We sure Do! It's called a Fubar loool. If you were a.maxprep top 20 id give you some cred., but buddy...do yourself a fav and.just wait before you open...here lemme get you some tp for you to wipe your mouf with lol.

Drunk blogging at its best. #happyhour #its5oclocksomewhere

What the heck did I just read? Must be one of those Eastwood english students again. We get it already Eastwood had a ****ty scrimmage with no depth. Good luck the rest of the season

EASTWOODS scrimmage showed me a team with potential to be competitive but still not playoff bound this season. They have a shot to be 5th in 6A if they stay injury free. If not they will beat Socorro have a tight game with Pebble Hills and get beat by the rest of 6A. Injury free they MIGHT sneak up one of the other 6A teams. The challenge is going to be staying injury free against teams like MIDLAND CHRISTIAN and ODESSA PERMIAN! Good luck TROOPERS ...Pin your ears back and have at it!

TrooperX
EASTWOODS scrimmage showed me a team with potential to be competitive but still not playoff bound this season. They have a shot to be 5th in 6A if they stay injury free. If not they will beat Socorro have a tight game with Pebble Hills and get beat by the rest of 6A. Injury free they MIGHT sneak up one of the other 6A teams. The challenge is going to be staying injury free against teams like MIDLAND CHRISTIAN and ODESSA PERMIAN! Good luck TROOPERS ...Pin your ears back and have at it!

I'm not even an Eastwood fan and seeing this just isn't right. Why even put Trooper in your screen name just leave the X. Scrimmages are just that some coaches choose to not show much some bring the house. From what heard they stunk it up but why bring in the 5alarm they have talent plus the leadership is there. Real question is can these coaches coach. When Lopez took over you had a great team plenty of go too guys plus Torrez/Richie connection those kids could run the team. Last year well that fell quickly to injury. But this year you have talent but they need to be coached right. Last year you saw close games that translates to being out coached no adjustments in Defense kids playing out of position or just missed assignments. There's no excuses this year they lost a key player but like they say next man up. Time to show what your getting paid for coaches I think the ball is in their court now. How will they do? Plenty of experience on that team.

Sideline
TrooperX

I'm not even an Eastwood fan and seeing this just isn't right. Why even put Trooper in your screen name just leave the X.

Obviously you haven't been around this forum that long, but TrooperX is Eastwoods hardest critic and fan.

Sideline
TrooperX

I'm not even an Eastwood fan and seeing this just isn't right. Why even put Trooper in your screen name just leave the X. Scrimmages are just that some coaches choose to not show much some bring the house. From what heard they stunk it up but why bring in the 5alarm they have talent plus the leadership is there. Real question is can these coaches coach. When Lopez took over you had a great team plenty of go too guys plus Torrez/Richie connection those kids could run the team. Last year well that fell quickly to injury. But this year you have talent but they need to be coached right. Last year you saw close games that translates to being out coached no adjustments in Defense kids playing out of position or just missed assignments. There's no excuses this year they lost a key player but like they say next man up. Time to show what your getting paid for coaches I think the ball is in their court now. How will they do? Plenty of experience on that team.
lol ...Sideline don't even get me started on Coaching! I have been down that road with EASTWOOD and I am choosing to try and give Coach Lopez a chance. I agree with some of what your saying but we will have to wait and see. The "injury" excuse will only buy him so much time though. I know he's a young Coach that the athletes seem to relate to and he has no problem getting them pumped up but at some point that's simply not enough. The best coaches at any level are not usually the cheerleader pump up guys....they are meticulous planners and leaders. We will see if Coach Lopez can transition from cheerleader to LEADER!

TrooperX
Sideline
TrooperX

lol ...Sideline don't even get me started on Coaching! I have been down that road with EASTWOOD and I am choosing to try and give Coach Lopez a chance. I agree with some of what your saying but we will have to wait and see. The "injury" excuse will only buy him so much time though. I know he's a young Coach that the athletes seem to relate to and he has no problem getting them pumped up but at some point that's simply not enough. The best coaches at any level are not usually the cheerleader pump up guys....they are meticulous planners and leaders. We will see if Coach Lopez can transition from cheerleader to LEADER!

If you read my post I said no excuses next man up que no?

Sideline
TrooperX
Sideline
TrooperX

Fair enough but as for me I'm choosing to give Coach Lopez another year to see what he can do with his own team. I personally believe it will be a disappointing season for our TROOPERS but I hope I am proven wrong. GO TROOP!

TrooperX
Sideline
TrooperX
Sideline
TrooperX

Fair enough but as for me I'm choosing to give Coach Lopez another year to see what he can do with his own team. I personally believe it will be a disappointing season for our TROOPERS but I hope I am proven wrong. GO TROOP!

As long as Coach Lopez recommends "your" boy to the all star game then you'll suppuort him but heaven forbid he doesn't, right?

Saw a lot of Heart from this Team on Friday Yes we need Work on the Defensive Side but nothing that can't be fixed Our Qb will have some growing pain but he has so much upside and Our Backs can do it all Catch and Run not to mention our Receivers will go head to head with anyone in District 6a so look out Eastwood isn't just gonna Lay there and Die We're gonna Shock the World GO TROOP

Kitty
TrooperX
Sideline
TrooperX
Sideline
TrooperX

As long as Coach Lopez recommends "your" boy to the all star game then you'll suppuort him but heaven forbid he doesn't, right?
Ummmm ok.....whatever that means....but Ya I'm gonna continue to support him for now even though I believe he has a tall order this year.

I just heard on Borderland blitz that Ochoa is returning?? Is this true?

Spartandad

It's true and he will take Eastwood to the promised land

Spartandad

Ochoa & Myers will be returning.

Nelson
Spartandad

Who is Myers????

Dr. Bruce Ivin
Nelson
Spartandad

Who is Myers????

I don't know but if I was the coach these two would be my backups. Who the hell do they think they are?!

Dedication?
Dr. Bruce Ivin
Nelson
Spartandad

Who is Myers????

I don't know but if I was the coach these two would be my backups. Who the hell do they think they are?!

I agree. That's pretty messed up, Ochoa quits and then decides to come back and suddenly becomes the starting QB? Not right at all. Over the years I've come to this conclusion, Eastwood fans are just like Cowgirl fans. All talk and no action. Every year is going to be "their year" and every season, some new player is going to take them to the "promised land." 😂😂😂

HanksParent19
Dedication?
Dr. Bruce Ivin
Nelson
Spartandad

Who is Myers????

I agree. That's pretty messed up, Ochoa quits and then decides to come back and suddenly becomes the starting QB? Not right at all. Over the years I've come to this conclusion, Eastwood fans are just like Cowgirl fans. All talk and no action. Every year is going to be "their year" and every season, some new player is going to take them to the "promised land." 😂😂😂
You hit it right on the nail, EVERY YEAR! I don't know much about this kid other than he is a great baseball player and has offers already. I don't understand what all the hype is about football because in reality he hasn't really even played much other them putting up some points against Permian last year before getting hurt. I hope his parents can live with the decision of allowing him to play, if God forbid he gets hurt again. Whatever is happening at Eastwood right now, I'm sure there's a couple parents upset about it.

Here we go. People with no clue offering up criticism of a 17 year old kid. Whoever said anything about Seth starting right away? Just like any other player he is going to have to earn his spot back. As for not understanding all the hype you will when he gets back in the lineup. Dont think you are so much offended by his decision as you are worried about it.

The truth
Dont think you are so much offended by his decision as you are worried about it.
Good luck with the season

RamNation
The truth
Dont think you are so much offended by his decision as you are worried about it.
Good luck with the season

Lol. You came here and posted for 1 of 2 reasons ram. One you were outraged by the decision that a kid made so you just had to take the time to bash him which makes you a petty human being or you are worried that the "hype" is real which makes you, well, another way to call a cat a kitten. Either way bro all you are doing is adding more fuel to the fire. Keep piling it on.

I'm just here drinking booze waiting for Eastwood people to post on here and say how they almost beat Permian and that Eastwood is still a powerhouse in district 1-6a even though they lost.

Rudy
I'm just here drinking booze waiting for Eastwood people to post on here and say how they almost beat Permian and that Eastwood is still a powerhouse in district 1-6a even though they lost.
Wish they had a popcorn emoji, just here waiting too

RamNation
Rudy
Wish they had a popcorn emoji, just here waiting too

Obsess much? Not sure why everyone is so interested in what Eastwood and its fans are up to. No moral victories. Troopers played tough tonight but made costly mistakes against a very good football team. Offense moved the ball but couldn't keep up when the defense started to struggle. They are going to have to find a way to contain the edge, Permian did the same thing Midland Christian did which was taking the ball outside. Defense is going to have to make some adjustments or Offense is going to have to score 60 to win games. Still, if you think Eastwood is going to be an easy win for anyone in 1-6a you've been drinking too much.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m