Forum: EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Any news on 1-5A?

Hey guys any news on 1-5A? I know Chapin scrimmages El Dorado, but does anyone know the result? Also, any news on the Andress scrimmage and who they scrimmaged? How are the team's looking so far and who is the favorite to win 1-5A? I have been hearing a lot of good things about the backfield for both Chapin and Andress, is anyone else looking to surprise like Bowie did last year?

Re: Any news on 1-5A?

Bowie did not surprise last year.

Bowie got lucky.

They were helped by Burges when Burges defeated Chapin. So Bowie can thank Burges.

Bowie did not even win a playoff game so really they did not surprise last year.

Maybe if Bowie would have beaten Chapin last year and would have won atleast 1 playoff game then that would be considered a success and a surprise.

Truth is

Even if Chapin had defeated Burges, which they didn't, and Bowie did. Bowie would have still ended up a district champion in a three way tie with Andress and Chapin. Because Andress also beat Chapin, but lost to Bowie.

So I guess by your logic Bowie got lucky twice. The real truth is Bowie was pretty good last year. They had the key components which led to a successful, memorable season.

They have been one of the most consistent 1 5A teams in the past five years. Let's see if they can keep it up with coaching change and new blood.

Let's Go Bears!!!

Quote: Fan
Hey guys any news on 1-5A? I know Chapin scrimmages El Dorado, but does anyone know the result? Also, any news on the Andress scrimmage and who they scrimmaged? How are the team's looking so far and who is the favorite to win 1-5A? I have been hearing a lot of good things about the backfield for both Chapin and Andress, is anyone else looking to surprise like Bowie did last year?

1 5A will be interesting to watch in district play. I say in district because they are generally smaller teams, other than Andress and Chapin, compared to most of the city. Gotta load up and play hard for playoffs.

Burges really picked up at the end of the season. Beat Chapin and had a pretty competitive game vs Canutillo in bi district, at least the first half. I say this is the team that may change things up.

Austin is believing right now, the time is set. Let's see if they can deliver a positive change, coming from 0 wins in two years shouldn't be hat tough. Nevertheless momentum is a freight train.

Jefferson?
Irvin?

EP High needs new life, new identity.

Quote: epgerm
Truth is

Even if Chapin had defeated Burges, which they didn't, and Bowie did. Bowie would have still ended up a district champion in a three way tie with Andress and Chapin. Because Andress also beat Chapin, but lost to Bowie.

So I guess by your logic Bowie got lucky twice. The real truth is Bowie was pretty good last year. They had the key components which led to a successful, memorable season.

They have been one of the most consistent 1 5A teams in the past five years. Let's see if they can keep it up with coaching change and new blood.

Let's Go Bears!!!

"""""They have been one of the most consistent 1 5A teams in the past five years"""""

Some of you people really need to stop using the word consistent but if you insist on using the word consistent don't limit the word use it in other ways like so

"""""Bowie loses consistently to Chapin"""""

"""""Bowie when they make it to the playoffs are consistent in losing in the first round of the playoffs.""""""

Quote: TheTruth
Truth is

Let's Go Bears!!!

"""""They have been one of the most consistent 1 5A teams in the past five years"""""

Some of you people really need to stop using the word consistent but if you insist on using the word consistent don't limit the word use it in other ways like so

"""""Bowie when they make it to the playoffs are consistent in losing in the first round of the playoffs.""""""

Have you ever seen Bowie play?

What expectations do you have for Bowie? Obviously none

Goals have to be realistic......do you really believe they are thinking let's make a run for a state championship?

Winning district is tremendous, winning a Bi District is tremendous, making the playoffs is a realistic goal. Staying healthy and keeping a team together after grades come out are issues to deal with.

Again, have you ever seen Bowie play? Let's be real and take it a game at a time. Every game is a game for Bowie, can't take anyone lightly.

Quote: TheTruth
Truth is

Let's Go Bears!!!

Okay if you want to talk about consistency, what has Chapin done consistently in the past 5 years? They have finished in the top 3 teams in their district. Also, they have consistently lost by the second round of the playoffs. Their last area championship was the 2009-2010 season. So my question for you is why put Bowie down for their lack of success in the playoffs when Chapin hasn't done that much better? I have nothing against Chapin or Bowie, but I will give a team respect when I feel they have earned it and in my eyes Bowie earned some respect for last season. Until a team has CONSISTENTLY found success in the 3rd and 4th round of the playoffs, no one has the right to put down another team. Chapin is a great El Paso football team and Bowie is a consistent team in their district, but outside of El Paso no one has any right to boast about themselves, or put down another team. Hopefully this season El Paso teams will find success in the playoffs.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m