Forum: EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Week 1: Frenship Tigers Vs. Montwood Rams

Any thoughts on this game and what Montwood needs to do to win?

Re: Week 1: Frenship Tigers Vs. Montwood Rams

Well last years game was pretty close and in the last 4 mins or so Frenship took the lead and that was with their stud sophomore RB. This year he left to Mansfield I believe and what I saw from Montwood's scrimmage they can win this game. The Rams passing game is deadly but I didn't see to much of the run game. Either way I got the Rams on this one! Go Rams

Quote: Cats32
Well last years game was pretty close and in the last 4 mins or so Frenship took the lead and that was with their stud sophomore RB. This year he left to Mansfield I believe and what I saw from Montwood's scrimmage they can win this game. The Rams passing game is deadly but I didn't see to much of the run game. Either way I got the Rams on this one! Go Rams

Adding to quote, Rams defends looks solid and pretty stout. Very quick linebackers to cover flats and gaps.

Final Score: Montwood Rams 70 Vs. Wolfforth Frenship 14

Next Game: Montwood Vs. Midland (7 Sep)

For anyone interested in traveling back in time.

REPLAY BROADCAST (AUDIO)

PLAY by PLAY between MONTWOOD and WOLFFORTH FRENSHIP

http://highschoolfanzone.com/audio/clips/09-01FrenshipvsEPMontwood.mp3

If you would like to skip all the positive, upbeat, optimistic, energetic talk on Frenship slide player control to the 0:30:00 mark.

Quote: GURU
For anyone interested in traveling back in time.

REPLAY BROADCAST (AUDIO)

PLAY by PLAY between MONTWOOD and WOLFFORTH FRENSHIP

http://highschoolfanzone.com/audio/clips/09-01FrenshipvsEPMontwood.mp3

If you would like to skip all the positive, upbeat, optimistic, energetic talk on Frenship slide player control to the 0:30:00 mark.

Thank you GURU!!! Here is a EP Gridiron video on this game. It doesn't have a lot of highlights of the game but it is Ramtastic!!!!

Montwood is all hype. They caught Frenship at a weak point during a transition of coaches and Frenship was also without their 5 star running back and Nebraska commit Garrison Johnson who transferred.

Montwood all just luck

Quote: TT
Montwood is all hype. They caught Frenship at a weak point during a transition of coaches and Frenship was also without their 5 star running back and Nebraska commit Garrison Johnson who transferred.

Montwood all just luck

Lol

Sorry but Garrison is no 5 star stud but he is a stud nonetheless. He is more like a 3 star and maybe after this season at Manvel High School he will move up to a 4 star. Montwood lucky??? That is also hilarious. Montwood has 2 legit division 1 prospects in Tyreese Andrus and Andrew Fernandez who already have real offers on the table. Montwood also has other players on the defensive side of the ball that have division 1 recruits watching them very closely.

Garrison no 5 star stud more like a 3 star stud.
http://247sports.com/Player/Garrison-Johnson-46036011

So the same transition Montwood was in last year when they had first year head coach Famaligi and only lost 14-24.By the way, Garrison was a part of that. Just admit that there's something special going on at Montwood.

Like I said Montwood is all hype and were lucky Garrison is not a Frenship Tiger any longer.

Something special going on at Montwood? You talk as if the Montwood team are deep in the Texas state playoffs and 1 game shy of State. The season is barely 1 week in. Don't get ahead of yourselves over there in Montwoodville.

Like I said Montwood is all hype and were lucky Garrison is not a Frenship Tiger any longer.

Something special going on at Montwood? You talk as if the Montwood team are deep in the Texas state playoffs and 1 game shy of State. The season is barely 1 week in. Don't get ahead of yourselves over there in Montwoodville.
Someone sounds SALTY!!!! Just sit back and watch son

If he transferred that's not "their" RB.... stop with the hate on EP teams! They represented well!

TT 70 points is not all hype...don't be a hater

Montwood beat frenship and next game is the midland bulldogs!!!
GO RAMS

Quote: meangreen
GO RAMS

That game with Midland is not here yet so stop getting ahead of yourselves and I'm no hater only letting everyone who come on this message board, blog, forum, whatever know that Montwood was lucky Garrison was not on roster with Frenship for the game or else it would have been a different outcome like Frenship 42 Montwood 7. Consider it a gift.

Okay so you're saying if Garrison was running the ball, it would make Frenship's defense better also? Probably not.. How do you figure they would've only scored 7 if he was on the roster? Montwood would've still put up at least 60 on that defense...

GO RAMS

That game with Midland is not here yet so stop getting ahead of yourselves and I'm no hater only letting everyone who come on this message board, blog, forum, whatever know that Montwood was lucky Garrison was not on roster with Frenship for the game or else it would have been a different outcome like Frenship 42 Montwood 7. Consider it a gift.
Go eat your Fruity Pebbles before you go to bed. If Garrison was there it still would've been the same outcome but a little more competitive, just a little. This game is done with and next up is Midland High. Go get Montwood

Quote: RamNation
GO RAMS

Go eat your Fruity Pebbles before you go to bed. If Garrison was there it still would've been the same outcome but a little more competitive, just a little. This game is done with and next up is Midland High. Go get Montwood

LB Ramirez #35 "MaxPrep Defense Player of the Week", would have taken care of this Garrison RB your talking about.

Rams LB Ramirez#35 " Maxprep Defense Player of the week " would have taken care of this Garrison RB your talking about.

Montwood big in this game! Too much fire power.

Good job Rams!

I was very impressed with Montwood's win over Frendship. But what made the win even more interesting was the fact that QB Fernandez only threw for 179 yards, which indicates the Rams did a very good job of running the ball. I'm curious see if the game against Frenship was a fluke or if MW will repeat their performance against Midland tomorrow.

Quote: Ghostwriter
I was very impressed with Montwood's win over Frendship. But what made the win even more interesting was the fact that QB Fernandez only threw for 179 yards, which indicates the Rams did a very good job of running the ball. I'm curious see if the game against Frenship was a fluke or if MW will repeat their performance against Midland tomorrow.

Not only you Ghost, Im pretty sure the Coaches and players are very focused on the season. I personally don't think it was a fluke. That TEAM is running on all cylinders on both sides of the field. A lot of all around talent at Montwood. It takes a team to Win. El Paso needs to support each other when playing out of town teams. That's the only way we can get more recognition.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m