EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Week 1 Score Updates

Good luck to all the teams !!!!! And let's get this football season started... Please provide updates if possible !!!!!!

Re: Week 1 Score Updates

Pebble Hills 41-0 halftime

Lol they have no business playing Irving!

epwatch
Exactly!

Eastlake up 14-0 in the 1st. They got Barfield returning kick offs and punting. I hope this kid doesn't get hurt. El Do looking horrible!

Eastlake 27 eldo 6 halftime

Eastlake looking real good. If the second half is anything like the first it's gonna be a long season for El Do. Cedarious is literally all the have. Kid is the only one moving the ball.

Seriously!

Eastlake 35 eldo 6 3rd qtr

Kingsrealm

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!
Eastlake exposing El Do's weakness. It's obvious that Barfield alone will not be able to carry this El Do team. One can also question Coach Torres coaching ability. Last year the talent on the team made him seem decent. This is just my opinion.

Del Valle leaves New Mexico with a W

Final:
DV: 7
Mayfield: 0

I'm guessing El Do should drop significantly only scoring 6 pts...

Koolarrow
Kingsrealm

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!
Eastlake exposing El Do's weakness. It's obvious that Barfield alone will not be able to carry this El Do team. One can also question Coach Torres coaching ability. Last year the talent on the team made him seem decent. This is just my opinion.
coaching was horrible. This game was embarrassing for El Do. Eastlake looking like DC already. Good job Falcons

Cats32
Koolarrow
Kingsrealm

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!
coaching was horrible. This game was embarrassing for El Do. Eastlake looking like DC already. Good job Falcons

It's horrible because, why would the El Do coach have his only stud (Barfield) play QB, punt and return kicks. That's redicoulous!!!!!

It seems like Eastlake might have a defense this year. Good job 2-5A!!

We'll miss George Hernandez and Tyquez Hampton the fall of eldo

ElDo looked awful last night I guess their demise from attrition due to Pebble Hills pulling some of their kids has put them in the position of tasting the landlocked school crap sandwich that schools like Eastwood have been eating for years! Welcome to the cellar Aztecs! On the bright side you can continue to beat up on the poor Bulldogs and fight it out with the TROOPERS for the team that ALMOST made the playoffs!

TrooperX
ElDo looked awful last night I guess their demise from attrition due to Pebble Hills pulling some of their kids has put them in the position of tasting the landlocked school crap sandwich that schools like Eastwood have been eating for years! Welcome to the cellar Aztecs! On the bright side you can continue to beat up on the poor Bulldogs and fight it out with the TROOPERS for the team that ALMOST made the playoffs!

I wonder why Montwood hs hasn't had to deal with that even when Americas and El Dorado opened. Believe it or not, Hanks has it worse than Eastwood. I recently looked at the updated Feeder zones in the YISD site and for some odd reason, the district made the Feeder zones smaller for Hanks and Del Valle. I remember living by San Jose Church a little more than 10 yrs ago and the bus would pick me up and take me to del Valle. If I were in high school now, my old house would be in the bel air feeder zone. Back to Hanks, anything west of lomaland, etc is Eastwood area and that's why Hanks dropped to 5A.

El Dorado played horrible and they looked tiny especially on defense. Watching El Dorado last night was like watching these little guys.

SpartanDad
El Dorado played horrible and they looked tiny especially on defense. Watching El Dorado last night was like watching these little guys.

Bahahaha!!! That's a good one. Wonder how it's gonna be next year without CB6 and Hill?

VQ35HR
TrooperX

I wonder why Montwood hs hasn't had to deal with that even when Americas and El Dorado opened. Believe it or not, Hanks has it worse than Eastwood. I recently looked at the updated Feeder zones in the YISD site and for some odd reason, the district made the Feeder zones smaller for Hanks and Del Valle. I remember living by San Jose Church a little more than 10 yrs ago and the bus would pick me up and take me to del Valle. If I were in high school now, my old house would be in the bel air feeder zone. Back to Hanks, anything west of lomaland, etc is Eastwood area and that's why Hanks dropped to 5A.

Cuz Montwood players are BadA$$....

VQ35HR
TrooperX

Because Coach Veliz did a very good job of pulling out of district athletes into the MONTWOOD program and that trend continues today. I know EASTWOOD lost a lot of athletes to them at one time and now HANKS is losing them as well. El Dorado has a more difficult time luring athletes because it has a reputation for some issues with gangs etc. Parents of Outstanding athletes that can transfer would still normally choose MONTWOOD over EL DORADO

TrooperX
VQ35HR
TrooperX

Because Coach Veliz did a very good job of pulling out of district athletes into the MONTWOOD program and that trend continues today. I know EASTWOOD lost a lot of athletes to them at one time and now HANKS is losing them as well. El Dorado has a more difficult time luring athletes because it has a reputation for some issues with gangs etc. Parents of Outstanding athletes that can transfer would still normally choose MONTWOOD over EL DORADO

El Dorado has a hard time because of the Altoff era. Montwood has great feeder schools with championship football programs. Slider, Montwood Middle, & Sybert are strong programs. Montwood has a variety of academic programs that attract students as well. I am certain if Coach Veliz did anything he wasn't supposed to do, like illegally recruiting, it would have came out in the investigation upon him leaving. I believe the strength of the programs from the feeder schools contribute to the continuing success of Montwood football. It allows for a more balanced team with depth.

Very well said. It's no secret that players go to the programs they like even if they're not supposed to, but the reality is they do. And I'm sure TrooperX knows that even Eastwood recruits! Slider, Montwood Middle and Sybert are all great middle schools with great athletes and I've personally seen Coach Fama at some of these games talking to the kids and helping them make up their minds on staying with the Montwood program, heck I saw Veliz there when mine were at Slider. It's a good feeling for these kids to the the Varsity head coach paying attention to you and the kids like it

Rams2018
El Dorado has a hard time because of the Altoff era. Montwood has great feeder schools with championship football programs. Slider, Montwood Middle, & Sybert are strong programs. Montwood has a variety of academic programs that attract students as well. I am certain if Coach Veliz did anything he wasn't supposed to do, like illegally recruiting, it would have came out in the investigation upon him leaving. I believe the strength of the programs from the feeder schools contribute to the continuing success of Montwood football. It allows for a more balanced team with depth.

Idk if I would consider this recruiting but I went to Desert View Middle (Hanks feeder school) in 02 for my 8th grade year and Chuck veliz and co came to Desert View and tried convincing students to attend Montwood instead of Hanks and gave reasons like the ones you mentioned above. Looking back at that, I find that kind of odd that Coach Gamboa allowed this to happen since he knew Coach Durkes and then Cleveland at Hanks. As far as Eastwood goes, they seem to have a good athletic feeder school with Eastwood Middle year after year. Even back then in 02, those boys along with Riverside Middle and Rio Bravo would tear it up on the field. Poor Desert View and Indian Ridge never stood a chance (hence why Hanks hasn't been good) I'm wondering if those Eastwood Middle players chose to go to montwood to continue winning.

epwatch

Uhmmm, it's actually Irvin. Irving is a city near Dallas.

HanksParent19
epwatch

Uhmmm, it's actually Irvin. Irving is a city near Dallas.

Where the Cowboys used to play (Texas Stadium). Lol

Irvin is also a city in California.... what's your point?

SOOOOOO
WHAT HAD HAPPEN WAS???
HAHAHAHA......

Rio Rancho 35
Americas 10
5:33 left in 3rd qtr

Rams2018
Rio Rancho 35
Americas 10

Rio Rancho 42
Americas 10
1:50 left in 3rd

Midland Christian 7 Eastwood 0 Midland Christian just returned opening kick for a touch down.

Rams2018
Rams2018
Rio Rancho 35
Americas 10

Rio Rancho 42
Americas 10
1:50 left in 3rd

Final

Midland Christian 14 Eastwood 0 Midland Christian making it look pretty easy so far still 1st qtr

Midland Christian 21 Eastwood 0 still 1st qtr

Midland Christian 28 Eastwood 0 start of 2nd qtr

Midland Christian 28 Eastwood 7 2nd qtr

Midland Christian 28 Eastwood 14 eastwwod starting to come back

T birds tied 14-14 on the first quarter

Midland Christian 31 Eastwood 14

Cougars up 34-10 at half

Wheels are falling off.
37-14 Midland Lee with 4 min left to the halftime time

Midland Christian 31 Eastwood 21 3rd qtr

Halftime

Chapin 21
Bel Air 19

Midland Christian 31 Eastwood 24

Montwood looking solid!!! 21-7 2nd 5:42

17-44 Midland Lee over Coronado at halftime

Midland Christian 34 Eastwood 24 3rd qtr

epwatch
Irvin is also a city in California.... what's your point?

Actually it's Irvine not Invin

Midland Christian 34 Eastwood 31 3rd qtr

Midland Christian 41 Eastwood 31 2 minutes left in game good effort by Eastwood fighting back still having some issues with qb connecting with wide open receivers

Cats32

Montwood 42-7
8:26 left in 3rd

65-10 Andress over hanks

Rams2018
Cats32

Montwood 42-7

Montwood 49-14
5:08 left in 3rd

Rams2018
Rams2018
Cats32

Montwood 42-7

Montwood 49-14

They sure brought the wood tonight didn't they!!! Go Rams

Rams2018
Rams2018
Cats32

Montwood 42-7

Montwood 49-14

Montwood 56-14

Rams2018
Rams2018
Rams2018
Cats32

Montwood 42-7

Montwood 49-14

Montwood 56-14
1:22 left in 3rd qtr

Final

Chapin 42
Bel Air 34

Rams2018
Rams2018
Rams2018
Rams2018
Cats32

Montwood 42-7

Montwood 49-14

Montwood 56-14

Montwood 70-14
3:31 left in 4th. 2nd and 3rd string are still scoring

58-24 Midland Lee over coronado

Rams2018
Rams2018
Rams2018
Rams2018
Rams2018
Cats32

Montwood 42-7

Montwood 49-14

Montwood 56-14

Montwood 70-14
3:31 left in 4th. 2nd and 3rd string are still scoring

Final 70-14

VQ35HR
Rams2018

Idk if I would consider this recruiting but I went to Desert View Middle (Hanks feeder school) in 02 for my 8th grade year and Chuck veliz and co came to Desert View and tried convincing students to attend Montwood instead of Hanks and gave reasons like the ones you mentioned above. Looking back at that, I find that kind of odd that Coach Gamboa allowed this to happen since he knew Coach Durkes and then Cleveland at Hanks. As far as Eastwood goes, they seem to have a good athletic feeder school with Eastwood Middle year after year. Even back then in 02, those boys along with Riverside Middle and Rio Bravo would tear it up on the field. Poor Desert View and Indian Ridge never stood a chance (hence why Hanks hasn't been good) I'm wondering if those Eastwood Middle players chose to go to montwood to continue winning.

Veliz was at Del Valle in '02.

Fba;;er
Veliz was at Del Valle in '02.

Hmm you sure? I could have sworn veliz's last year at DV was in 01? Anyhow I do need to make a correction. It was 2003 not 02.. time flies!

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m