EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Does Pebble Hills have a chance?

I know it was only the first game of the season and against a 1-5a team who is still putting things together in Irvin but do you think Pebble Hills has a chance at beating Socorro, Eastwood, Coronado, Americas, Franklin, El Dorado and Montwood? I know it's far fetched but do they have a chance?

Re: Does Pebble Hills have a chance?

Slow your roll there. Congrats on the win over struggling Irvin who only won 3 games last year.

Don't you Spartans get ahead of yourselves by being overly optimistic.

Take it 1 game at a time atleast that's what coaches like to preach.

Need to up their game first 3 games all 5a schools.

FarEastside your head is to far up in the clouds like Lloyd Christmas

LOL!!!! good one uncle Rico. It's great for FarEastside and other Pebble Hills lovers to be optimistic and have the power of believe that anything is possible but sometimes things in this life are just known.

Look Pebble Hills has a great chance against Socorro, Eastwood and maybe a not so great but good chance against Coronado that's about it.

BeastofNE
LOL!!!! good one uncle Rico. It's great for FarEastside and other Pebble Hills lovers to be optimistic and have the power of believe that anything is possible but sometimes things in this life are just known.

Look Pebble Hills has a great chance against Socorro, Eastwood and maybe a not so great but good chance against Coronado that's about it.

Who did Fruity Pebble play?

Socorro absolutely....Eastwood there's a chance and from what I saw with El Dorado last night there is a chance there as well if you can limit Barfield. Having said that keep in mind that Irvin is a VERY weak 5A program right now so keep that in mind before you get too excited. Good Luck!

Irvin not only won 3 games last year but won only 1 game the year prior.

Good Luck Pebble Hills

BeastofNE

You might want to scratch Coronado from this list!!
They ran all over this same team last year. Don't remember the score but was nothing close to an evenly matched game.
Tbirds lost just a few starting seniors and their 7 on 7 team did very good this summer so it should be a good re run of last years in my humble opinion.

Rico
FarEastside your head is to far up in the clouds like Lloyd Christmas

Funny

We will compete. That's all that matters. Our one year of being the whipping boy is over. We outscored Eastlake in a scrimmage & the Falcons put a beating on El Do so take from that what you will. We put a beating on a weak team in week 1 as we should. The Spartans are well coached that's for sure. I think we proved last year that despite playing with a short deck we can score points. Well be in the mix I have no doubt.

Well ain't that funny no more. FarEastside it seems Pebble Hills has a great chance.

Congrats Spartans on your 3-0 start!

Pebble hills will be a top 6-A program this year

East

Yes they will be and then in 2 to 4 years another SISD high school will sprout from the ground which will hurt Pebble Hills.

High schools in El Paso grow like weeds.

TheTruth
East

Yes they will be and then in 2 to 4 years another SISD high school will sprout from the ground which will hurt Pebble Hills.

Talented kids are spread out too much with all these highschools

TheTruth
East

The truth knows the truth he possesses wisdom whom I would like to meet atop the highest mountain where our creator sits and awaits those who seek him. Socorro ISD is wanting more bond money from tax payers and they will get it then a school will be constructed then another and another. As it is they are already planning another stadium to be constructed. So like older schools when they started anew and lost their luster of being hot it will happen to Pebble Hills. So Pebble Hills faithful enjoy this while it last because what's new always becomes old and someplace else new will arise. It's the cycle and greed in El Paso and its self created curse.

Moontwood is the second oldest school in SISD and currently ranked 1st in the city. Your point is???

I say PH ends up 3rd in 6A

Good luck, have a great season

Being senior loaded, they should definitely contend for the district title. I think they will end up 2nd in district. Montwood is not going to get beat this year.

A lot of you ought to believe like Lloyd Christmas especially you Uncle Rico!

PH is looking good and remains undefeated. But I will be more convinced if they beat Franklin on 29 Sept.

Pebble hills will be a playoff team these next couple of years, all grade levels have well rounded teams supported by a great coaching staff

FarEastside
I know it was only the first game of the season and against a 1-5a team who is still putting things together in Irvin but do you think Pebble Hills has a chance at beating Socorro, Eastwood, Coronado, Americas, Franklin, El Dorado and Montwood? I know it's far fetched but do they have a chance?
. Maybe one out of all mentioned.

NE
FarEastside
. Maybe one out of all mentioned.

Sorry guys, you'll have to forgive Mr "NE". Our Spartans just ran roughshod through Northeast El Paso so he's a little sore.

On a serious note, we will compete in our district. No predictions but we will compete.

Spartan Dad,

Honestly sir, if Pebble Hills loses to anyone other than Montwood, then this will be a wasted season. To be really honest Pebble Hills should not lose to anyone in the city. 1. Being a new school is going to attract a lot of athletes. 2. This is the "senior" year, so majority of the starters and the entire team are seniors. 3. This team has ran the same offense and defense under the same coach with pretty much the same players for 4 years. Their chemistry is unlike any other team in the city. So before you start going off saying how Pebble Hills is the greatest thing to happen to El Paso football, running over every team they have faced just please remember that this is expected. Not trying to take anything away from the Spartans, but don't talk crap like they have been doing this for years in El Paso.

Honest Abe
Spartan Dad,

Honestly sir, if Pebble Hills loses to anyone other than Montwood, then this will be a wasted season. To be really honest Pebble Hills should not lose to anyone in the city. 1. Being a new school is going to attract a lot of athletes. 2. This is the "senior" year, so majority of the starters and the entire team are seniors. 3. This team has ran the same offense and defense under the same coach with pretty much the same players for 4 years. Their chemistry is unlike any other team in the city. So before you start going off saying how Pebble Hills is the greatest thing to happen to El Paso football, running over every team they have faced just please remember that this is expected. Not trying to take anything away from the Spartans, but don't talk crap like they have been doing this for years in El Paso.

I don't even know how to reply to this. Your saying that in our second year of existence, that everyone should have just expexted us to dominate 1-6a but on the other hand don't act like we've been Doing it for years??? Huh?

All I'm saying is we will compete. We will be competitive. Probably won't go undefeated in district play but we will be no pushover. I think we have a decent shot at a playoff spot.

Think he is trying to say that Pebble Hills, being a senior stacked team, is expected to do really well because of this particular year. As far as the northeast comment it seems a little soon to talk trash about Andress and Chapin when they beat Pebble Hills last year. The excuse last year was that Pebble Hills was playing their first year of varsity, but anyone who knows anything about football will see that Pebble Hills is in a very good situation this year. I don't know if that is what Abe meant or not, but that's how I read it. Good luck on the rest of the season

The best chance is too avoid shootouts with teams. They have the ability to score with teams but can their defense hold up. I like the team speed of their defense but I am still concerned with the D/L size. Can they withstand a team that lines up and runs at them? So far they've faced a lot of spread/finesse offenses.
Offensively they can go toe to toe with every team. They have a dynamic RB that is a potential home run hitter every time he touches the ball. A solid receiving core. The OL has good size and is starting to really become a cohesive unit. A quick DL would be their nemesis. The height of the QB is the offenses biggest issue. He has a terrific arm but a good pass rush or a DL with some size really disrupts his passing. Basically he cant see downfield.
Yes, they have a chance because the one variable is a solid well prepared staff.

HOUNDS 93
Can they withstand a team that lines up and runs at them? So far they've faced a lot of spread/finesse offenses.

Chapin has a power run game & our Spartans held up just fine.

Spartandad
HOUNDS 93
Can they withstand a team that lines up and runs at them? So far they've faced a lot of spread/finesse offenses.

Chapin has a power run game & our Spartans held up just fine.

Chapin doesn't have the horses a Franklin or Montwood has. Heck even AHS, whom PHHS should beat IMO, is a very physical team.
I am not saying they do not have a chance I am just presenting different plus/minus. I am firmly on board

FarEastside

Our boys will win District.

Sparta
FarEastside

Relax buddy. It's not even district yet

Sparta
FarEastside

Not a Franklin Fan, but with all your B/S talk, Ill be seating on the Sunning side and go for Franklin.

Fan
Sparta
FarEastside

Relax buddy. It's not even district yet

I agree. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

If pebble hills wins their first 2 district games that's it I'm buying a spartan jersey and getting on the pebble hills bandwagon and riding on it for the rest of the season. I'll even send my two middle school kids to that high school so they can be trained to become courageous spartans.

Rico
If pebble hills wins their first 2 district games that's it I'm buying a spartan jersey and getting on the pebble hills bandwagon and riding on it for the rest of the season. I'll even send my two middle school kids to that high school so they can be trained to become courageous spartans.

You will be better off taking the 6 game suspension !!!!!

East
Rico

You will be better off taking the 6 game suspension !!!!!

I didn't think of about that. Then if Pebble Hills does win their first 2 district games most definitely I do hope that bandwagon does have good suspension underneath it if not it's going to be a bumpy ride to the playoffs.

Yeah they have a great chance!!!!!

My boy and his teammates are playing great football and I'm very proud.

Pebble Hills has arrived!!!

PHSSpartans

Yes they have

Spartans#1
PHSSpartans

Yes they have

Arrive Where ?

NE
Spartans#1
PHSSpartans

Yes they have

Arrive Where ?

Arrived to compete and to win games

Ofcoors Pebble Hills has a chance against Socorro, Franklin, Coronado, Eastwood, Americas and El Dorado but not Montwood.

Our Spartan boys have proved they belong and this is a big week for our boys and they will prove it again.

Can you Spartan dads get a little more original with our user names? I don't know how many Spartan dads are on here already. And they start proving this week if they belong. I personally think they'll compete anda Franklin will be their first real test.

Nope sorry no chance. You'll all see soon enough

FarEastside
Do you think Pebble Hills has a chance at beating Socorro, Eastwood, Coronado, Americas, Franklin, El Dorado and Montwood? I know it's far fetched but do they have a chance?

Tomorrow you will see that our Spartans are a strong contender for the district 1-6a title.

Au! Au!! Au!!!
Bravery, Loyalty, & Determination

B.L.D
FarEastside
Do you think Pebble Hills has a chance at beating Socorro, Eastwood, Coronado, Americas, Franklin, El Dorado and Montwood? I know it's far fetched but do they have a chance?

Tomorrow you will see that our Spartans are a strong contender for the district 1-6a title.

Au! Au!! Au!!!
Bravery, Loyalty, & Determination
Crickets around here....you were right! They are the real deal

Welcome Spartans. Congratulations on the win.

East
Sparta
FarEastside

Not a Franklin Fan, but with all your B/S talk, Ill be seating on the Sunning side and go for Franklin.

Lol how was it on that side after today?

LMFAO!!

Looks promising so far! New test is Coronado. One game at a time.

PHs still has to play both Montwood and El Dorado...enough said!

I agree, great start for the Spartans, but the season is young!

I'm still not impressed with Pebble Hills!

Don't think they're out to impress you, but your input is a valid one. What is impressive is that a new program has accomplished so much in so little time. Keep in mind most kids had a choice between El Dorado and Pebble Hills when the program started. A lot of them chose El Dorado, since at the time they were always the "top dogs". Give credit where credit is due. The kids and the coaching staff have come a long way in so little time!

BIG TIME
Don't think they're out to impress you, but your input is a valid one. What is impressive is that a new program has accomplished so much in so little time. Keep in mind most kids had a choice between El Dorado and Pebble Hills when the program started. A lot of them chose El Dorado, since at the time they were always the "top dogs". Give credit where credit is due. The kids and the coaching staff have come a long way in so little time!

It usually happens when your majority of your starters are Seniors.
It will be a one hit wonder year. They will make the playoff this year, but that is it.

Eastsider
BIG TIME

It usually happens when your majority of your starters are Seniors.
It will be a one hit wonder year. They will make the playoff this year, but that is it.

Eastsider you don't know that. Pebble Hills is a new program and just like Chapin when it started and El Dorado when it started those teams competed and won their district and went on to the playoff games consecutively since then. Wait and see what Pebble Hills does this year and wait and see what Pebble Hills does next year before you speak not unless you're a time traveler ok you might know something.

PHHS is not a majority of seniors. Their best player is a junior as is their back up/short yardage QB. They have a young d line as well. Also a very good JV team and some good freshmen. The most important part is that there is nothing but dirt waiting for houses out by the school. Until they eventually build a new school all the talent will be headed to PHHS.

Last time I checked, JV is undefeated and freshmen have one loss to Franklin. Nearest feeder school (Puentes) seems to be top school if not top 2 every year. I dont think seniors is the reason.

Seniors are definitely the reason. These seniors were the unwanted freshman. The "better" freshman decided to stay at ElDo to play varsity and be 6a. The majority of them 98% of them were D-Team players. That's what is so awesome about what they are doing over there. I got to watch them play as sophmores on JV and as an absolute horrible varsity team last year. They took there lumps and learned from them. No matter what happens from this point out you have to give it to them. And to those kids on D-team now across the city. WORK!!! In the classroom, weight room, and on the field. Your time will come and it will payoff in the end.

Well?
Seniors are definitely the reason. These seniors were the unwanted freshman. The "better" freshman decided to stay at ElDo to play varsity and be 6a. The majority of them 98% of them were D-Team players. That's what is so awesome about what they are doing over there. I got to watch them play as sophmores on JV and as an absolute horrible varsity team last year. They took there lumps and learned from them. No matter what happens from this point out you have to give it to them. And to those kids on D-team now across the city. WORK!!! In the classroom, weight room, and on the field. Your time will come and it will payoff in the end.[/quote

I respectfully disagree with you. The "unwanted freshmen?" All of those kids were offered the opportunity to go to El Dorado or stay with Pebble Hills. Those kids that stayed made the choice to be a part of something special, to leave a legacy behind. Those kids believe in Coach Torres and the coaching staff at Pebble Hills. They were not unwanted at all. Yes, those kids have taken a lot of guff but I can assure you, they have a lot of heart and the talent there is undeniable.

You are correct. Those that chose to stay and start something new were definitely wanted by the Spartans im sure of that. I am speaking about the other side. The kids that decided to go to ElDo were the starters and backups, and they were promised something. That is evident on how many sophmores were on varsity the following year. Those that stayed bonded together, that is obvious. I am not taking anything from either program. I just wanted to congratulate those kids and coaches for what they have built in short period of time. So regardless of how the season ends up, we should be very proud of those Spartans. And honestly all of these kids that play this game around the city, they get to learn lessons, that will last a life time. Winning or losing, its a special time in their lives.

Well?
Seniors are definitely the reason. These seniors were the unwanted freshman. The "better" freshman decided to stay at ElDo to play varsity and be 6a. The majority of them 98% of them were D-Team players. That's what is so awesome about what they are doing over there. I got to watch them play as sophmores on JV and as an absolute horrible varsity team last year. They took there lumps and learned from them. No matter what happens from this point out you have to give it to them. And to those kids on D-team now across the city. WORK!!! In the classroom, weight room, and on the field. Your time will come and it will payoff in the end.

If memory serves me right that undefeated freshman team was split in almost half as far as who went to El Do and who stayed at Pebble. They weren't exactly the backups or D-team that stayed at Pebble. I know it makes for a better story but let's not embellish. The reason El Do felt like they got the "better" kids is mainly because Barfield went to El do.

Spartandad
Well?

If memory serves me right that undefeated freshman team was split in almost half as far as who went to El Do and who stayed at Pebble. They weren't exactly the backups or D-team that stayed at Pebble. I know it makes for a better story but let's not embellish. The reason El Do felt like they got the "better" kids is mainly because Barfield went to El do.

Definitely. the key is the junior class for PHHS is far better than EDHS junior class and it is showing on the field.

"it’s safe to say that Spartans are causing a seismic shift in the Sun City."

Nice I hope they keep it up and take no team lightly.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m