EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Week 2- Canutillo vs Coronado

This should be a great game! Who do you guys have winning?

Re: Week 2- Canutillo vs Coronado

Coronado in a low scoring game...

I got Coronado 17-7

Based on EPG rankings they're tied at 105 The game is at Coronado so that's +5 but Canutillo has what I believe to be the better coaching.
I got Canutillo by 3

every year people pick coronado because they are a 6A school, and every year canutillo wins. or barely loses. whats sad is coronado has almost 3000 students and canutillo has 1500. why? who knows.

CANUTES,DV and EASTLAKE can play any 6a team in EL PASO and give them a heck of a game.

The Canutillo Eagles simply don't have the speed to keep up with the Tbirds this year. The Midland Lee team that they fell to was quite the team. They will make a strong run at the district title in 2-6A. Coronado wins this one 35-14.

That's what they said last year, Coronado got thumped 52 to 16 and Canute beat Coronado 15-3. I agree Coronado has more speed, but they don't know how to win. We'llsee.

Coronado by two 21-7. Donatelli and company too much for Canuto. Coach Anderson and team get a much needed win if not, I believe Anderson and staff are done with after they lose to Andres's. T-birds time to fly or it's over with.

I agree. The need to put Donatelli at receiver and Arrioyo at Qb. However Angelo dropped a much needed perfect pass from Jose Luis that was a sure touch down. Get the running game going and the oass will open up. Coronado by 21

troop
every year people pick coronado because they are a 6A school, and every year canutillo wins. or barely loses. whats sad is coronado has almost 3000 students and canutillo has 1500. why? who knows.

Why? Why what? Coronado has 3000 and Canutillo has 1500 because that is their enrollment, there is no why. Not picking Coronado because they are 6A, picking them because Canutillo only managing 26 points against Socorro is reason for concern. Coronado in a low scoring game.

You nailed it NE. Coronado will wake up this week.

NE is on it! I'm taking Coronado

The Eagles played uninspired and to the level that they needed to defeat a sad opponent (pity the Bulldogs they are going nowhere fast). Was the team looking ahead to playing the mighty T-Birds? No doubt about that. We looked sharp for a few plays and then looked dull again. How good are the Eagles? The game Friday will be a good indication but will not answer the question completely, whichever way it goes.

Hmmmm
The Eagles played uninspired and to the level that they needed to defeat a sad opponent (pity the Bulldogs they are going nowhere fast). Was the team looking ahead to playing the mighty T-Birds? No doubt about that. We looked sharp for a few plays and then looked dull again. How good are the Eagles? The game Friday will be a good indication but will not answer the question completely, whichever way it goes.

Sorry, not down with the pity thing, nor the inconsistent/uninspired play issue either. Of course, no team is completely what they are capable of becoming until the end of the season baring injury, but a lack luster performance against the bottom 6A squad in El Paso is scary, beginning of the year or not. With the culture and expectation level Coach Brooks and his staff have created for that program, the last thing I expect would be pity for an opponent, or uninspired play at any point. That's not their style, nor is it a common trait of their program. Personally, my tremendous respect for Coach Brooks, his staff, and those kids makes me think they will figure it out by season's end. But, Coronado is waiting, and to think they will have an ounce of "pity" for a 5A with the likes of Andress looming next week is very unlikely. Coach Anderson, potentially coaching for his job this year, and his staff will have Coronado ready. Thinking about skipping Chapin/Eastlake to see this one.

I'm pretty new to these chats, but this is fun. My insight is fairly limited to NE teams, so forgive me if I'm completely uninformed on some of the specifics. I like to hear the intimate knowledge some of you have on the different teams. Hope to keep the discussions going all year.

Coach Anderson will have the Tbirds ready. The got banged up by a very tough Lee team and kept on coming. Coronado had no scrimmages this year, and went in very unseasoned and cold. Even then The Quarterback Donatello made some good throws, and Herrera and Slaughter both had solid games. The Tbirds are marinating right now. One would be a fool to think otherwise.

I've been reading all of you guys comments that Coronado is tough and ready ,well they got killed by a Midland Lee team so I wouldn't give them any credit for anything because they just got killed bottom line, the Eagles at least they beat Socorro, Soccoro is a 6a doesn't matter if they're in the bottom or the top the fact of the matter is ,is that the Eagles won and the T-Birds got killed so all of this hype about the T-Birds I hope they're ready because the Eagles will be ready like always and remember T bird fans NO EXCUSES.

Flint
I've been reading all of you guys comments that Coronado is tough and ready ,well they got killed by a Midland Lee team so I wouldn't give them any credit for anything because they just got killed bottom line, the Eagles at least they beat Socorro, Soccoro is a 6a doesn't matter if they're in the bottom or the top the fact of the matter is ,is that the Eagles won and the T-Birds got killed so all of this hype about the T-Birds I hope they're ready because the Eagles will be ready like always and remember T bird fans NO EXCUSES.
Did you just compare Midland Lee to Socorro?? Hahaha

Flint
the Eagles at least they beat Socorro, Soccoro is a 6a doesn't matter if they're in the bottom or the top
Flint all this crap you say about 6A not being better than 5A and now at your convenience your saying Socorro is still a 6A team. Look I think Canutillo wins but just wanted to point out that fact.

Well I think you're wrong buddy all I said was 5a can play 6a anytime and as far as I know this year 5A is 2 up on you guys. Also when I say 5a I'm talking about Canutes, Eastlake and Del Valle, Plus you guys have the habit of everybody beating everybody and you guys get to the playoffs and well you know the rest.

I'm going out on a limb and supporting Coronado in this game.

No I didn't compare Socorro to Midland Lee what I said is that Midland Lee came and pounded on Coronado , and the Eagles beat Socorro be 6a weather they're good or not that's not the Eagles fault. So no credit should be given to Coronado for getting pounded (that was my point).

Oh what a surprise that epwatch picks Coronado. He would pick San Eli if they played.

Anyways, Canutillo will never be flashy and beat teams down by 65 points. You all love to pick the flashy numbers. Last year it was Eastlake and their "speed" beating everyone to a pulp. This year it's Andress because they stump on a nobody. You all love to hate on Canutillo for whatever reason. Listen, Coach Brooks will always slow it down when he sees an inferior team. He's always done that. So don't make the mistake to underestimate them cuz it will bite back hard. As far as what team they have, it remains a mystery. But the way I see it is, a win is a win no matter the score. They put up a tougj fight against what looks to be a strong Franklin squad so i will give them the benefit of the doubt. Canutillo by 3.

exactly
You nailed it NE. Coronado will wake up this week.

Coronado gets to slumber for another week. Crow is a foul tasting meal and worse even when followed with a nice thick slice of humble pie. Good luck with the rest of your season

exactly
Coach Anderson will have the Tbirds ready. The got banged up by a very tough Lee team and kept on coming. Coronado had no scrimmages this year, and went in very unseasoned and cold. Even then The Quarterback Donatello made some good throws, and Herrera and Slaughter both had solid games. The Tbirds are marinating right now. One would be a fool to think otherwise.

Guess they'll keep marinating bud... God luck!

They need to grow some balls and their coaches need to coach.

Every year the same thing. Canutillo out coaches Coronado. With Coronados athletes they should have won big. But no dice baby. Funny how 7 on 7 is not representative of the real game. The cream always rises to the top.

bro I think you're wrong the coaches called the plays but the players are the ones that are out there playing the game so with all due respect Canutes football players showed to be better than Coronado football players I think that's what you should say, give credit where credit is due and stop making excuses you lost to a good team actually a better team all around. You know what I think I think that the West Side Bowl should be the Eagles and Franklin because every time the Eagles and Franklin play they play their hearts out and it's a way better competition than Coronado and Franklin don't you agree. LOL

The Coronado coaches suck. they should go. No bull.

Flint
bro I think you're wrong the coaches called the plays but the players are the ones that are out there playing the game so with all due respect Canutes football players showed to be better than Coronado football players I think that's what you should say, give credit where credit is due and stop making excuses you lost to a good team actually a better team all around. You know what I think I think that the West Side Bowl should be the Eagles and Franklin because every time the Eagles and Franklin play they play their hearts out and it's a way better competition than Coronado and Franklin don't you agree. LOL

"Canutillo Eagles the Pride of the Westside" Flint I couldn't agree with you more, kind of has a nice ring to it, and a very well deserving program.

I cannot believe Robert Anderson would put his job in the hands of those embasils. The offensive and defensive coaches
Are the worst in town. My son plays quarterback for them. Th
They rotate three. They have no balance. They have run their bedt players off the team. The kids have stopped playing for them. They deserve better. Do the right thing, and throw in the towel. Long live Don Brooks. Take nothing away from Canutillo. Those boys brought it. Our coaches are just hortible.

Canutillo is the Westside.

Brooks passes his interview with flying Colors!!!! Anderson it is time to step down and let someone else take over!!!! Coronado program at an all time low under Coach Anderson. Coach Anderson actin as the DC got smoked on that last play not only gave up the first down but abtoichdown. T-birds are done!!!!!!!

You said it. They dont even hit in practice. They wrap up. They kicked the best linebacker off the team. They cannot coach. They are horrible.

Very impressed with Canutillo, no doubt I would send my boy to Canutillo instead of Coronado or franklin for the football program, very well coached!

The issue is the Coronado coaches refuse to blitz the other team's quarterback- I have never seen such a thing. Every time these coaches think they can some how cover man to man and never go after the quarterback. The other QB has all the freaking time to find a player or advance the ball themselves.

It's so unfair to the kids - these Coronado kids were killing it during 7 on 7, that's got to say something about the calls the coaches were making. Coronado coaches - you all got to to be more receptive to your players man , it's not too late to change your playbook.
Go T Birds!!!

Observer
Very impressed with Canutillo, no doubt I would send my boy to Canutillo instead of Coronado or franklin for the football program, very well coached!

You and about 40 other kids/parents this year thought the same. Look at the size of Franklin's or even Canuts freashman teams and look at Coronado's.
No one wants to come play here after so many years of loosing seasons from Bob Anderson.
Only 1 winning season in how many years? Like 8 or something?
And he doesn't even change any of the coaches he has. Like what are you thinking? Same way of practice, same coaches. No adjustments whatsoever. I would understand if thing we're working but no changes after so many losing seasons?
I saw a very undisciplined team, making dumb mistakes and coaches calling the dumbest plays and no adjustments. Or at least no effective adjustments.
Next year we are out for sure. Not wasting one more year with this bunch.

The issue is the Coronado coaches refuse to blitz the other teams quarterback- I have never seen such a thing. Every time this coaches think they can some how cover man to man and never go after the quarterback.
It's so unfair to the kids - these Coronado kids were killing it during 7 on 7, that's got to say something about the calls the coaches were making. Coronado coaches - you all got to to be more receptive to your players man , it's not too late to change your playbook.
Go T Birds!!!

They need to get rid of Michael Garcia. The defense stayed on the fueld the whole night. Garcia must have some compromising pictures of Anderson. I . I am glad this is my last year of this mess. Come on Bob! Do something!

the defense stayed on the field cuz they could not stop canutillo. had nothing to do with garcia. garcia is the off. coor.

Laughable. Time of possession was 3-1 in favor of Canutillo. Way too many 3 and outs. No ball control. No consistency. Hell, he cant ecen stick with a quarterback. No continuity , nothing. Canutillo punted plenty of times.

Such a shame for Coronado, those boys play with so much fire and intensity. They have an unbreakable bond and some of the best talents in the city, those coaches are a poison to those kids. Coach Anderson needs to step down immediately. Those boys work too hard to be screwed over by coaches. Those boys deserve better guidance.

coronados kids do not play inspired, they are spoiled disrespectful kids that can not tantrum their way to a win, they have no fight in them. dont blame the coaches.

Thats why their Basketball, golf, and baseball teams do so well. Right?same spoiled bunch of kids Don Brooks had for 30 years. Give me a bresk. You are as good as your leader. Simple facts. The kids dont deserve this staff.

Coronado should drop to 4A

They'd lose there too.

The season is still early so let's see if the T-Birds can turn it around next week against Andress.

Please, that stereotype is so outdated.
if they plan uninspired it's because they are just as frustrated. It's hard to keep in good spirits when the coaching staff refuses to acknowledge or even hear suggestions on what they can improve- even from their own players! Coaches have the opportunity to be be mentors and make a huge difference in these young men's lives. Instead they are so defensive.

I agree, there's hope - but coaches have to believe in their players too. Change the strategy, the same plays again again are so obvious and don't work most of the time. Blitz evertime AND make sure your covering your own QB. Looking at the video, you can see and compare how much time each QB from Canutillo / Coronado had in the pocket. Here's hoping before next week and hoping some of the Coronado coaches are reading this thread 😏

Nothing but Love
The issue is the Coronado coaches refuse to blitz the other team's quarterback- I have never seen such a thing. Every time these coaches think they can some how cover man to man and never go after the quarterback. The other QB has all the freaking time to find a player or advance the ball themselves.

Go T Birds!!!

Hahaha . A little different when you are getting hit in the mouth. Please! Don't compare underoos football with pads. Lol

Pic
Nothing but Love

Go T Birds!!!

Hahaha . A little different when you are getting hit in the mouth. Please! Don't compare underoos football with pads. Lol

Are you still bitter over losing to the Coronado boys this summer?This loss was close, but it was due to the coaching! Even with the awful plays and lack of blitzing or protecting ouciwn QBs, it was pretty close - my point is that it shouldn't have never been. Coronado should have taken this geme easily. Pads don't win games silly 😜

The facts
I cannot believe Robert Anderson would put his job in the hands of those embasils. The offensive and defensive coaches
They rotate three. They have no balance. They have run their bedt players off the team. The kids have stopped playing for them. They deserve better. Do the right thing, and throw in the towel. Long live Don Brooks. Take nothing away from Canutillo. Those boys brought it. Our coaches are just hortible.

Here are the facts:1.Anderson is just as bad as his assistants.2.Canutillo has better coaches. 3. Coronado has bigger and faster athletes. 4. Parents at Coronado have too many opinions about football but don't know ****.

Quit making excuses for your players. They got their asses kicked by a team that was well coached and players played with heart. Period! Yes, your coaches suck but your players dont play. They whine. Suck it up and quit coddling and making excuses for your kids.

Pic
The facts

Here are the facts:1.Anderson is just as bad as his assistants.2.Canutillo has better coaches. 3. Coronado has bigger and faster athletes. 4. Parents at Coronado have too many opinions about football but don't know ****.

Quit making excuses for your players. They got their asses kicked by a team that was well coached and players played with heart. Period! Yes, your coaches suck but your players dont play. They whine. Suck it up and quit coddling and making excuses for your kids.

Coronado plays with heart- that's what makes it so frustrating. These aren't excuses Just hoping coach Anderson sees this thread and makes play changes. Coronado competes well when they rush the qb and have protection for their own qb. Coronado has some great players , coaches need to capitalize on that, here's to believing that can still happen

Hey T-Bird fans BUILD A BRIGE AND GET OVER IT and i told you fans NO EXCUSES. Not giving Canutes credit like u should , they beat you last year and this year, so understand they play with HEART N PASSION,and Thank God they do GOOD ALL THE TIME.

I like the T-bird coaches first and foremost. They are all good guys and man well. You have to also respect his loyalty to his assistants. With that being said, please pick a darn quarterback and build some consistency. You have great receivers and good running back. Find some balance and quit trying trick plays. Run, Run, Pass, Pass Run Run. Anyone can see how silly that play calling was in the second half of the game. Please get some heat on the opposing quarterbacks. You can fix this mess. Canutillo controlled the ball and won the game. What are you telling your quarterback when you pull him for the wildcat on the goal line. One yard out. Can we not sneak it in? Run a dive? The play calling is just plain bizarre. If it isnt working, quit doing it. You played a nice first half, and then went bat .... crazy. Please right the ship ir it will sink.

Nothing but Love
Pic
Nothing but Love

Go T Birds!!!

Are you still bitter over losing to the Coronado boys this summer?This loss was close, but it was due to the coaching! Even with the awful plays and lack of blitzing or protecting ouciwn QBs, it was pretty close - my point is that it shouldn't have never been. Coronado should have taken this geme easily. Pads don't win games silly 😜

Hey moron, Friday's game is in the paper, not 7 on 7.

Pic
Nothing but Love
Pic
Nothing but Love

Go T Birds!!!

Hey moron, Friday's game is in the paper, not 7 on 7.

I guess that's a yes. All we are saying is the coaches need to make better calls and have a better plan.
With the kind of talent they have, which was proven during 7 on 7, they should not have lost that way. Canutillo played great, the coaches know how to capitalize on Coronado mistakes. No one is taking away any credit. Ease up ok buddy.
Anyway, good luck to all our boys & all the players out there, may the Lord keep them safe.

Funny how this time last week Every one was talking about Coronados speed ,and how canutillo didn't match up. Oh well, all I can say is 7 on 7 is not football. Ask Coronados offensive line. They got owned by canutillo. Nuff said

3 starters out on the OL definitely took a toll

Canutillo Varsity coaches were out on a Coaching Camp ,so they were being coached by the middle school coaches.LOL

So let's move on, done with Coronado what's next for canuts?

What the heck is a canut? Are they Eagles?

Short for Canutillo.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m