Forum: EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Pebble Hills vs. Andress

Just wanted to here everyone's take on this game. EPG power rankings have this as a pick 'em. Looking forward to a good one on Thursday at the SAC.

Re: Pebble Hills vs. Andress

I think the game will be exciting but PHHS has too many weapons. The defense is small up front but they play fast. Esquivel is the real deal at LB and he will get pushed trying to stop Dorian. Also Andress did show that they can and will air it out.
Can Andress defense stay with the weapons on the SPARTANS offense. It all starts upfront and that line has some size. I think they lack a killer, bring pain to the other team mentality but they are a good group. As far as skills #9 Gerber is the stud on the team. They have good receivers but the more touches #9 gets the better the team is.
Pebble Hills 35 Andress 21

Pebble Hills might have a Gerber with skilz but Andress has like 5 Gerbers with skilz and big monsters on both the offensive and defensive lines.

Andress players are too gigantic for small little Pebble Hills and yes size does matter especially in the trenches

Andress 49 Pebble Hills 24

Seems like both teams have weapons and I think this game will be a lot closer than everyone thinks. My prediction for this game, just because I grew up in the northeast, is Andress 35 Pebble Hills 34.

Quote: Larry
Pebble Hills might have a Gerber with skilz but Andress has like 5 Gerbers with skilz and big monsters on both the offensive and defensive lines.

Andress players are too gigantic for small little Pebble Hills and yes size does matter especially in the trenches

I did not say he was the only weapon just the leader of the pack.

They beat Irvin enough said. Andreas 40 Pebble Hills 28.

I'm thinking this is going to be a really good game! It was actually a good game last year with the Eagles battling the injury bug. I'm looking for a back and forth affair.

They beat Hanks, enough said. Spartans 42 Eagles 34

Quote: Spartandad
I'm thinking this is going to be a really good game! It was actually a good game last year with the Eagles battling the injury bug. I'm looking for a back and forth affair.

They beat Hanks, enough said. Spartans 42 Eagles 34

I also think it'll be a good game. Andress did lose their QB early last year and PH only stayed in the game with special teams. This should be more evenly matched. Or who knows, it may be a blow out either way, neither team gave us much to work with because of week one opponents.

Very interesting match up though. Should be fun

Going with 1 5A Eagles in a shootout

Good Stuff Folks... Appreciate the responses. Going to be a good one!

Quote: NE Coach

Pebble will meet the REAL Northeast Team ,,, Mighty Andres Eagles.

You all beat Irvin nuff said

Quote: Hulk 2017

Very original...

Quote: NE

So Chapin and Parkland are fake NE teams?

Very original...

You started it, but in actuality Hanks would beat Irvin.

Quote: Thebeast

No, Thebeast stated it first, hence the original comment.

No, Thebeast stated it first, hence the original comment.

That is a true statement, I stand corrected.

Honestly week 1 did not give us any insight on this match up. No offense to Irvin or Hanks but they are both rebuilding. We will find out tomorrow night. Excited to see this one and I am standing by my prediction. Andress in a very close one.

Word on the street is that Andress is last years Parkland. Loaded with D1 and D2 talent. line avg over 6 ft? 260 lbs and athletic? RB is sophomore with size and speed?
WR who runs 4.5 40 with hands? I've been wanting to see them matched up against some solid competition. Pebble Hills will tell us if Andress is the real deal or just a bunch of hype. I would like to get some more insight on Andress though and see if they are really that big and skilled. Anyone know the low down?

If they are that good, I'd love to see them make a long run into state. Good for our city.

Quote: Big Red
Word on the street is that Andress is last years Parkland. Loaded with D1 and D2 talent. line avg over 6 ft? 260 lbs and athletic? RB is sophomore with size and speed?
WR who runs 4.5 40 with hands? I've been wanting to see them matched up against some solid competition. Pebble Hills will tell us if Andress is the real deal or just a bunch of hype. I would like to get some more insight on Andress though and see if they are really that big and skilled. Anyone know the low down?

If they are that good, I'd love to see them make a long run into state. Good for our city.

Andress is like any other team in town, the children there just love the game and that's it. They play for one another and not as individuals. They are not last year's Parkland because Parkland did not win district. Last year the team was full of Sophomores and Juniors. Pebble Hills is a scary team and can beat any team in the city because of what they have on their squad. This will be a great game to see.

Andress needs a New OC

Alot of home cooking went on in this game.

Alot of home cooking went on in this game and no I'm not from Andress or the northeast.

What was the score

I'm not from NE either and the REFs didn't determine the game. It should have been a blow out. PH had three opportunities to score inside the 5 yard line and didn't because of their own mistakes. The bottom line is the PH coaching is far superior and it shows.

Word on the street was wrong. Absolutely not loaded with D1 talent. They were exposed tonight.

Andress needs a New OC
yes they do. Terrible play calling. Almost like middle school plays.

Quote: Mongo
Alot of home cooking went on in this game and no I'm not from Andress or the northeast.

Lol lol!!

Quote: Fan
What was the score

PHHS 34-13

Quote: EP Fan
Word on the street was wrong. Absolutely not loaded with D1 talent. They were exposed tonight.

Who said Andress was loaded with D1 talent??? Tell me who??? I never heard of this or read of this. So please tell me who told you this.

Quote: Big Red

big red said "word on the street is"

Quote: BeastofNE

Who said Andress was loaded with D1 talent??? Tell me who??? I never heard of this or read of this. So please tell me who told you this.

Read a paper lately, i believe EP gridiron has them ranked 6th, El PAso Times had them ranked 4th i beleive. Stacked with talent.... Guess not. I think the comment was made that we would find out if it was for real or just hype. Guess PHHS ranked tenth and below proved it was just hype.... They should not be higher then ten IMO.

Quote: Foozball Fan

Read a paper lately, i believe EP gridiron has them ranked 6th, El PAso Times had them ranked 4th i beleive. Stacked with talent.... Guess not. I think the comment was made that we would find out if it was for real or just hype. Guess PHHS ranked tenth and below proved it was just hype.... They should not be higher then ten IMO.

Correction just checked, Times had them ranked 3rd. And i quote: "Note: The Eagles are loaded on offense and skill wise are fun to watch. ". Pebble hills ranked 12th...

I'm not from NE either and the REFs didn't determine the game. It should have been a blow out. PH had three opportunities to score inside the 5 yard line and didn't because of their own mistakes. The bottom line is the PH coaching is far superior and it shows.

Right

Correction just checked, Times had them ranked 3rd. And i quote: "Note: The Eagles are loaded on offense and skill wise are fun to watch. ". Pebble hills ranked 12th...

Foozball Fan don't get it twisted the series is tied 1-1 so you all didn't win a championship or anything like that. I swear anytime anyone in any sport beat someone from the NE, they think they have won the Little Bowl each time. Was Andress ranked higher yes, but the Patriots were ranked higher than the Chiefs. Andress ran 4 plays Pebble Hills ran several, should it have been a blow out probably punch the ball in. You all can thank your punter that wasn't touched for giving you all the win great Oscar performance....Andress needs more than 4 plays.

Right
the REFs didn't fumble the ball and allow the defense to return it for a TD. The REFs weren't the ones arm tackling and making the PH RB look like a Heisman. The REFs weren't the ones calling the same four plays for Andress.

Did they have some bad calls?? Yes. But PH would have won the game no matter what.

Foozball Fan don't get it twisted the series is tied 1-1 so you all didn't win a championship or anything like that. I swear anytime anyone in any sport beat someone from the NE, they think they have won the Little Bowl each time. Was Andress ranked higher yes, but the Patriots were ranked higher than the Chiefs. Andress ran 4 plays Pebble Hills ran several, should it have been a blow out probably punch the ball in. You all can thank your punter that wasn't touched for giving you all the win great Oscar performance....Andress needs more than 4 plays.

Not a fan of either. Just answering a question of where the hype was coming from. Glad you guys are tied with each other...

just FYI, the EPtimes has never really been a good judge of these things. however I would add that them losing to PH doesn't mean they aren't stacked w/ talent. PH could also have alot of talent. not mutually exclusive concepts.

Andress had alot of juniors & sophomores starting last year and returning this year, so I assume that is where the expectations come from.

Quote: mausDE

just FYI, the EPtimes has never really been a good judge of these things. however I would add that them losing to PH doesn't mean they aren't stacked w/ talent. PH could also have alot of talent. not mutually exclusive concepts.

Andress had alot of juniors & sophomores starting last year and returning this year, so I assume that is where the expectations come from.

Andress has talent. I was impressed with their defense. Very fast and can hit! Now their offense did seem to struggle to get much going. Personally I think Andress will be fine, they'll bounce back.

I just watched Borderland Blitz on this game and the guy said this about Pebble Hills

"Lookout we could have a new powerhouse in town""""

Pebble Hills a powerhouse???? Borderland Blitz whatever it is that you are smoking please stop immediately.

Even if Pebble Hills happened to get better and start beating 1-6A teams like Franklin, El Dorado and Montwood in the next couple of years eventually as it happens in the city of El Paso a new High School will be built about 5 to 10 miles from Pebble Hills and it dilute Pebble Hills talent and most of it will move on to the new high school.

Quote: Edgar
I just watched Borderland Blitz on this game and the guy said this about Pebble Hills

"Lookout we could have a new powerhouse in town""""

Pebble Hills a powerhouse???? Borderland Blitz whatever it is that you are smoking please stop immediately.

Even if Pebble Hills happened to get better and start beating 1-6A teams like Franklin, El Dorado and Montwood in the next couple of years eventually as it happens in the city of El Paso a new High School will be built about 5 to 10 miles from Pebble Hills and it dilute Pebble Hills talent and most of it will move on to the new high school.

hate much??

while I think the powerhouse label is premature, I do think PH will be very good this year, maybe even contend for a DC. That often happens when a school is new and having their first year of seniors with the entire starting group returning. The question is whether that can be sustained or if there will be a drop-off once they all graduate.

Would you like to say some more? Hmmm like The beat Andress enough said hahahah

Quote: NE

Did the REAL Northeast team miss the bus?

1-Gerber 240yds rushing and the big yds receiving. Oh yeah and a win.
5- Gerbers? Lost!!!

Lol lol!!
. Why is Pebble only playing 5A teams? Scared of 6A teams?

Quote: Aztec

Lol lol!!

hmm, why was El Dorado busy playing the likes of marfa, tornillo, santa teresa, & gadsden when they were a new school??

Quote: mausDE

Lol lol!!

hmm, why was El Dorado busy playing the likes of marfa, tornillo, santa teresa, & gadsden when they were a new school??
for reals. I remember when I saw Gadsden on their schedule.

Lol lol!!

This is a dumb question. Better check... Wait El Dorado got beat by a 5A school. Ok on to the next topic.

Quote: HOUNDS 93

1-Gerber 240yds rushing and the big yds receiving. Oh yeah and a win.
5- Gerbers? Lost!!!
lol

Andress shouldn't lose too much credibility with this loss. The surprise may be how much better PH is. Watch Andress go beat Coronado next week and the Spartans give Chapin a game.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m