EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Chapin vs. Eastlake

Being a NE Coach, this is the other game that intrigues me this week. Chapin is typically very strong defensively, but I see this as a bit of a blow out for Eastlake cementing itself as the top 5A team in town. Thoughts?

Re: Chapin vs. Eastlake

This should be a great game. Power run vs edge speed. I give a slight edge to Eastlake in a close one.

I'm surprised there's crickets all over this thread. Two tough teams going at it and no one cares to chime in. IMO, Eastlake takes this years contest, speed kills and the Falcons have plenty of it. Will be interesting to see what game plan Chapin comes out with to contain that speed. This is NC9 Game of the Week and no one cares. 🤔

Honestly I don't think it is a lack of interest in this game I just think it has to do with the people who get on this forum regularly. This forum is mainly 6A and Canutillo fans. Eastlake gets on when they play a 6A team or Del Valle or Canutillo. I have hardly seen Chapin fans get on recently. Next week I guarantee there will be a big thread on Chapin vs. Pebble Hills because Pebble Hills is all over this forum. I think it is going to be a great game. I am from the northeast so I will be pulling for Chapin in a very close game.

This is supposedly the game of the week by all the local media outlets and no one is commenting about this game on here LOL

Mountain view and Austin might as well be the game of the week

1 5A Chapin Huskies take the W

Koolarrow
I'm surprised there's crickets all over this thread. Two tough teams going at it and no one cares to chime in. IMO, Eastlake takes this years contest, speed kills and the Falcons have plenty of it. Will be interesting to see what game plan Chapin comes out with to contain that speed. This is NC9 Game of the Week and no one cares. 🤔

Hey Koolarrow ... The lack of interest on my part is seeing the Chapin vs Bel Air game last week..that looked more like a 6 man football game with little to no defense from both teams.. receivers were left wide open, lots of turnovers , QB's were running around untouched and poor tackling was evident all over the field ...not to mention that both of chapin's offensive and defensive lines looked very slow...If chapin brings that type of game into the sac this friday and Eastlake continues to stay focused.... this should be a lopsided win for Eastlake .. Good Luck to both teams !!!!

Hey King what's up brother I don't know I was a little stunned with your comments you and I know that you should never take Chapin lightly they are well-coached and they are a very good team for most of the times so that right there is a No-No but I know you're very hyped about this year's Falcons, but as I tell you I hope you won't be eating crow tomorrow LOL just joking but I hope you all do well. Aching make sure you keep us posted on that game buddy.

Flint
Hey King what's up brother I don't know I was a little stunned with your comments you and I know that you should never take Chapin lightly they are well-coached and they are a very good team for most of the times so that right there is a No-No but I know you're very hyped about this year's Falcons, but as I tell you I hope you won't be eating crow tomorrow LOL just joking but I hope you all do well. Aching make sure you keep us posted on that game buddy.

How goes it flint good to hear from you my brother ....and don't be stunned I'm not the one out on the field playing !!!! hahhaah however I'm sure Eastlake and their coaching staff aren't taking Chapin lightly by any means !!!! I was just calling it based on what I saw last week Flint !!!! And that game between Bel Air and Chapin was nowhere close to looking pretty !!!! I'm sure the game will be tough if Chapin can clean up on some of the mistakes they had going on last week ...because if they don't this game can quickly get out of hand if Eastlake stay's focused ...And just look at it this way flint !!! When a coach goes out on a limb and tells the media that Eastlakes strength will be it's defense this year ...when their offense is better than average people better start paying attention to that statement... but hey that's my own personal opnion nobody else's !!!!! so if I have to eat crow ... you know me I'm man enough to put some salt and spices on that biatch !!!!!!!!!

Well said King, yeah there's just some teams that I would never over look like Chapin and I know that you're not overlooking them like you said it's what you saw last week. Hey but what a big turnaround right when your team starts playing good defense, that wins games, you know coach Brooks over here with the Eagles preaches that year-in year-out, defense wins games. Well I hope you guys play good tomorrow and come out with a victory. You have a good one. Keep us posted buddy. Later

Eastlake 14
Chapin 7
start of 2nd quarter

Del Valle/Americas game was delayed due to weather. Game is barely starting

Chapin looking good playing mistake free so far ...

Chapin looking good playing mistake free so far ...eastlake moving the ball well but to many mistakes in the redzone and drop passes their going to have to pick it up or They might drop this game as well..

Over rated !!lol....b

I really really hope people have the courage to apologize?! These are some of the statements I read in this thread: 6 man football, blowout, take lightly, etc. Those are some funny and over reaction statements. I hope Chapin fans understand they have a good team, effective coaches and awesome season ahead of them. And to the haters, have the gonads to come on this site, apologize and state how wrong you were your prediction.

Kingsrealm
Koolarrow

Hey Koolarrow ... The lack of interest on my part is seeing the Chapin vs Bel Air game last week..that looked more like a 6 man football game with little to no defense from both teams.. receivers were left wide open, lots of turnovers , QB's were running
Guess that 6 man football team was to much for weaklake. I always enjoy reading your so called "football expertise". eat that crow and find a new hobby. Good job Huskies

Worm
I really really hope people have the courage to apologize?! These are some of the statements I read in this thread: 6 man football, blowout, take lightly, etc. Those are some funny and over reaction statements. I hope Chapin fans understand they have a good team, effective coaches and awesome season ahead of them. And to the haters, have the gonads to come on this site, apologize and state how wrong you were your prediction.

Hey worm this is the funny thing man!!! I made my prediction before the game so I have enough gonads to state my own personally opinon whether I'm right or wrong ....But I always find it funny that when the dust settles!!! all off a sudden all these user names that I have never seen or posted come out of the wood work!!!!!! Was I wrong ? Not really I said if the same Chapin team that played Bel Air comes to the sac and plays like they did against Bel Air this is going to be a lopsided victory for Eastlake !!!! The discriptors I used to discribe that game against Bel Air were real !!!! so if you can't admit to that maybe you should go buy yourself a pair of gonads yourself!!! Yesterday's Chapins team wasn't the same team I saw last week... congrats to chapin they brought another different team and ball game last night !!!! And if anybody should be apologizing it's you my man !!!! for not having the gonads to say something before the games outcome !!!! But bring all of your bravado after the fact !!!! So Take that to the bank !!!!

Kingsrealm
Worm

Hey worm this is the funny thing man!!! I made my prediction before the game so I have enough gonads to state my own personally opinon whether I'm right or wrong ....But I always find it funny that when the dust settles!!! all off a sudden all these user names that I have never seen or posted come out of the wood work!!!!!! Was I wrong ? Not really I said if the same Chapin team that played Bel Air comes to the sac and plays like they did against Bel Air this is going to be a lopsided victory for Eastlake !!!! The discriptors I used to discribe that game against Bel Air were real !!!! so if you can't admit to that maybe you should go buy yourself a pair of gonads yourself!!! Yesterday's Chapins team wasn't the same team I saw last week... congrats to chapin they brought another different team and ball game last night !!!! And if anybody should be apologizing it's you my man !!!! for not having the gonads to say something before the games outcome !!!! But bring all of your bravado after the fact !!!! So Take that to the bank !!!!

I say this all the time Kingsrealm! Talk before the game, not after.

Spartandad
Kingsrealm
Worm

I say this all the time Kingsrealm! Talk before the game, not after.

Well said. Part of the fun here is pre dicting outcomes. No one is 100 percent right in predicting but everyone is 100 percent right in reporting who won after the game. Most people respect each others opinions. Its the guys who come on after the games are played and talk smack that are funny. Never heard of the worm before... Hope he sticks around and makes some predictions before games are played.

If socorro is the mijo for socorro isd than eastlake is definitely mija, always think they are something they are not, always told how pretty and special they are,

Reality sucks

What did Chapin do differently from ELD in their win against Eastlake?

Feo
If socorro is the mijo for socorro isd than eastlake is definitely mija, always think they are something they are not, always told how pretty and special they are,

Reality sucks

Guess Mija gets all the attention in the family doesn't she ? Go look at mija and mijos football trophy cases !!!!!!! Your right reality does suck doesn't it ? and if your going to try and sound cute !!!! be orignal we have enough people coming in here with first time user names already !!! JUst saying !!!!!!

Kingsrealm
Feo

Reality sucks

Guess Mija gets all the attention in the family doesn't she ? Go look at mija and mijos football trophy cases !!!!!!! Your right reality does suck doesn't it ? and if your going to try and sound cute !!!! be orignal we have enough people coming in here with first time user names already !!! JUst saying !!!!!!

You must be mijas papi, have you told mija she plays in the weakest 5a in the state, here's your gold sticker

Behave girls.

Feo
Kingsrealm
Feo

Reality sucks

You must be mijas papi, have you told mija she plays in the weakest 5a in the state, here's your gold sticker

Feo you're hilarious you must be part of a team that almost makes it but then plays "mija" and end up staying the rest of November at home. We'll see at the end of the season if you're still around talking out of your third point of contact!

EP to Brownsville
Feo
Kingsrealm
Feo

Reality sucks

Feo you're hilarious you must be part of a team that almost makes it but then plays "mija" and end up staying the rest of November at home. We'll see at the end of the season if you're still around talking out of your third point of contact!

I'm glad you enjoy it, I'll be here all night. First I'm not affiliated with a team, just a fan. Second, all teams from el paso stay home in November, don't get it twisted. What I'm saying is stop hiding behind board members and administrators to stay in the weakest 5a in the state and play at the highest level like Pebble Hills they're not scared and they don't have any paper trophies to hold up in the air either

Feo
EP to Brownsville
Feo
Kingsrealm
Feo

Reality sucks

I'm glad you enjoy it, I'll be here all night. First I'm not affiliated with a team, just a fan. Second, all teams from el paso stay home in November, don't get it twisted. What I'm saying is stop hiding behind board members and administrators to stay in the weakest 5a in the state and play at the highest level like Pebble Hills they're not scared and they don't have any paper trophies to hold up in the air either

Schools don't have a choice on what division they play it's base off of attendance and UIL sets that. Secondly Pebble Hills really that's your example paper trophies? PH will wake up after playing 5A schools and show me a paper trophy that Eastlake may have let alone anyone in EP's 5A last time I checked 1-5A and 2-5A have one of the toughest divisions once it comes to playoffs.

EP to Brownsville
Feo
EP to Brownsville
Feo
Kingsrealm
Feo

Reality sucks

Schools don't have a choice on what division they play it's base off of attendance and UIL sets that. Secondly Pebble Hills really that's your example paper trophies? PH will wake up after playing 5A schools and show me a paper trophy that Eastlake may have let alone anyone in EP's 5A last time I checked 1-5A and 2-5A have one of the toughest divisions once it comes to playoffs.

If Eastlake is so bad why don't they play a 6-8 schedule and prove it other than that it doesn't matter what mija says about her schedule

King let me tell you 1 thing my brotha Eastlake can play ANY SCHOOL in El Paso and you guys dont need to prove to anyone how GOOD the Falcons are ,just show them the HARDWARD n that will silence them or send them a 3 deep shirt.As for me i dont underestimate them at all n know they will move forward , Can't wait till they play Canutes. Until then fear the Faclons.Hows that crow coming along oh and i still have that 5 Deep shirt for you.LOL Later my Brother.

Feo please get out of here with the Pebble Hills talk. No offense to Coach Torres or his team but please realize that Pebble Hills is senior loaded this year. In all honesty they shouldn't lose to anyone in 1-6A with the exception of Montwood. I'm not trying to hate on Pebble Hills, but they beat Andress and now they think they are the New England Patriots. There are 8 more weeks in the regular season so let's just see how it plays out. Eastlake got beat, but I guarantee they'll be one of the strongest teams in the city come November just like Chapin, Del Valle, Canutillo, and Andress. I am excited to see how the rest of the season plays out.

Any chance these two could meet in the playoffs? They're both big school, aren't they?

Feo

Reality sucks

I don't think anyone ever tells Socorro how pretty and special they are. Socorro has been at the bottom of the rankings for years and they know it.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m