Forum: EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Week 2! If Franklin beats Permian?

Should they be considered the best in El Paso?

Re: Week 2! If Franklin beats Permian?

Yes they should. If North Texas beats Alabama, same thing.

That's what you are comparing it to? Lol

It's not even up for debate because Franklin is not going to beat Permian

New screen name?

Never understood why El Paso doesn't support each other when we play these out of town teams.... Both Montwood and Franklin got huge wins last week and everyone is calling them a fluke, or luck, etc...

Montwood did get a impressive win against a team who many had competing for district title.Ep watch where did everyone have Midland ??Ep watch I know your a franklin fan but do a little research.Permian wins 70 to 12

I'm a fan of all teams in EP when competing out of city... What are you talking about? So you have it 70-12... got it.

I just said both teams got big wins! What's your deal man?

Quote: Actually
Montwood did get a impressive win against a team who many had competing for district title.Ep watch where did everyone have Midland ??Ep watch I know your a franklin fan but do a little research.Permian wins 70 to 12

It was a good win by Monty, but let's pull the reigns on Frenship contending for the 2-6A title. Permian and Central are still way above the rest, and Texas-wide writers have Frenship missing the playoffs. Same with Midland. Yes, writers can be wrong. But, they're usually well informed.

Thanks mike, I wasn't aware of all that, I just mentioned good wins by both teams, and I'm pulling for both teams this week.

Quote: Actually

Montwood beat a team with a new coaching staff and a new defensive set that lost pretty much everyone last year. They were also not going to be competing for district. Midland pretty much the same they lost everyone. Permian returns a lot from last year and have a huge chip on their shoulder I'm sorry but I'll cheer for Franklin but it's hopes and dreams I just don't think Franklin has the firepower nor does Eastwood next week. Montwood will be good and they have a great QB also but putting up 70 points doesn't mean it's 2 deep time I think realistically let them start district it's any given Friday. I mean last year Socorro lost by 1 to Montwood same QB. It's any given Friday.

Ep Watch ⌚️ do you remember the last time an El Paso team beat Permian?? Last year they slaughtered Franklin and beat a Peaking Eastwood. The last time was 2012 when Veliz and company took them out at the SAC 34-30. EP watch I think you are a wishful thinker, yes Franklin is good. But have you ever seen Mojo on Friday Night Lights, they still shut down the town for football. These Cougars are going to get a taste of true friday Night Lights. Permian is licking their chops, they got a taste of cougar last year and they loved it. I'm sure Franklin remembers that embarrassing loss they suffered last year. The Cougars will feel MOJO when they arrive at Ratlif. EP watch I hope your son is ready because they will get a true state of Pan Handle 🏈.

No Mercy, Take no enemies,
MOJO FOOTBALL

Quote: You Can't Handle Pan Handle FootbAll BUB
Ep Watch ⌚️ do you remember the last time an El Paso team beat Permian?? Last year they slaughtered Franklin and beat a Peaking Eastwood. The last time was 2012 when Veliz and company took them out at the SAC 34-30. EP watch I think you are a wishful thinker, yes Franklin is good. But have you ever seen Mojo on Friday Night Lights, they still shut down the town for football. These Cougars are going to get a taste of true friday Night Lights. Permian is licking their chops, they got a taste of cougar last year and they loved it. I'm sure Franklin remembers that embarrassing loss they suffered last year. The Cougars will feel MOJO when they arrive at Ratlif. EP watch I hope your son is ready because they will get a true state of Pan Handle 🏈.

No Mercy, Take no enemies,
MOJO FOOTBALL

This guy is cool. "I hope your son is ready because they will get a true taste of Pan Handle football." I usually don't talk bad about posts or anything on here but seriously? I guarantee this is the father that attends every practice and is in the coaches office giving his take on what they should run. This is the parent that coaches despise and make fun of, but humor them so they can get their booster money. Honestly when was the last time "Pan Handle football" has done anything? I understand they may beat us in the first round but they are at home after the following week. Good luck Cougars. I'll be rooting for you.

I think this young Franklin club has a chance if they play flawless on offense and limit their turnovers. Also their defense will have to play physical and get some turnovers. The offense will show up like they always do, but will defense come out and play??? If they do they definitely have a chance. Good luck Cougars and represent El Paso, and most of all enjoy the experience of a life time. I know that Dave Campbells has Permian winning their district and San Angelo Central at #2.

Montwood beat Permian 34-30 at the SAC in 2012. Did it again in 2013, final 21-17 at Ratliff.. Just putting that out there

One, I don't have a child at Franklin, more like city. Two, I haven't predicted an outcome of this game simply stating that I supoort Franklin and any other team playing out of town from EP so where's the wishful thinking? It's Thursday now so I'll just sit back and wait for those updates tomorrow.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m