Forum: EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Is Montwood the real deal?

Montwood is coming after everyone this year!

Re: Is Montwood the real deal?

So are you asking a question or making a statement? Montwood looks strong for sure, hopefully the defense catches up to that mid-season form the offense seems to be running at.

Quote: Green256
Montwood is coming after everyone this year!
I like your enthusiasm but let's not start being overconfident here. Let's take it one game at a time. Like you I to think Montwood wins DC but one game at a time.

I like Montwood's offense. They are a lot like Mike Leach' Texas Tech Red Raiders. You have to out run the other guy, all the while not making any mistakes. When you have such a poor defense that you cant allow for any mistakes, you will find yourself at times on the losing end of the footrace. The best medicine for the Rams is to shore up that defense. Then and only then a force they will be.

Quote: Daddy
Then and only then a force they will be.

A force they will be? Stop hanging around with Master Yoda so much you're starting to speak like him.

Yes. As of right now they are very deserving the #1 spot.

What's with people using the words REAL DEAL?

I'm hearing Montwood people saying it about their team

I'm hearing Franklin people saying it about their team

I'm hearing Eastlake people saying it about their team

I'm hearing Del Valle people saying it about their team

I'm hearing Canutillo people saying it about their team

I'm hearing Parkland people saying it about their team

I'm hearing Bowie people saying it about their team

and now I'm hearing Pebble Hills people saying it about their team

District has not even started. The season barely started. People slow your rolls. No team right now is the REAL DEAL. When a team wins their district and gets past the 2nd round of the playoffs then we can start using the words REAL DEAL around.

You people forget this is Texas and in Texas the REAL season is the playoffs.

Quote: CadillacJackson
So are you asking a question or making a statement? Montwood looks strong for sure, hopefully the defense catches up to that mid-season form the offense seems to be running at.
. The 3-3 stack will not work on any decent running team. the talented players are there. It's the that D.C. Who Is stuck on playing Madden with his team. Hopefully the head coach can see it.

That's the first thing I've heard all day that makes any sense, the 3-3 is the biggest horse crap defense of all time.I remember back when MW ran that stout 4-3 look or even that 5-2 where your line knew they were going to be in a fist fight all day.

I'm not ready to crown the Rams just yet. Their game against Midland showed some serious flaws on defense. But their next two games are against Burges and Socorro, two games that they should win. The MW defense won't get tested again until they face the Aztecs on 6 Oct.

They have a good team but defense and special teams are the teams biggest weakness and they need to be coach up

Our defense is still a work in progress but much better and more athletic than last year. I think coach made some good adjustments after last year. Our linebackers are bigger, stronger and faster than last year as a group. I appreciate the coaching adjustments which are paying off and not just going with grandfathered players but putting the best players for position. We'll be in great shape for playoffs.

Quote: Slider dad
Our defense is still a work in progress but much better and more athletic than last year. I think coach made some good adjustments after last year. Our linebackers are bigger, stronger and faster than last year as a group. I appreciate the coaching adjustments which are paying off and not just going with grandfathered players but putting the best players for position. We'll be in great shape for playoffs.
I would have to disagree with your statement. Last year D line was a beast and 2 of the senior linebackers were unstoppable ( Apodaca and Cardiel). Last year's weak link was the secondary. I've only seen the Frenship game and I was impressed on how they attacked the ball, everyone, but the secondary is still questionable. The Defense is good but I just last year was solid up front.

I would have to disagree with your statement. Last year D line was a beast and 2 of the senior linebackers were unstoppable ( Apodaca and Cardiel). Last year's weak link was the secondary. I've only seen the Frenship game and I was impressed on how they attacked the ball, everyone attacked the ball, but the secondary is still questionable. The Defense is good but I just think last year's was solid up front.

Quote: Cats32
I would have to disagree with your statement. Last year D line was a beast and 2 of the senior linebackers were unstoppable ( Apodaca and Cardiel). Last year's weak link was the secondary. I've only seen the Frenship game and I was impressed on how they attacked the ball, everyone attacked the ball, but the secondary is still questionable. The Defense is good but I just think last year's was solid up front.

We'll agree to disagree. I remember our safeties and corners having to do so much run support last year because, as a group, (i agree those two senior lbs were a load) but as a group our lb's just werent big and strng enough. Got better later in the season and that helped. I just feel our d is ahead of last years at this time. Remember our first D was out second half of game.

We'll agree to disagree. I remember our safeties and corners having to do so much run support last year because, as a group, (i agree those two senior lbs were a load) but as a group our lb's just werent big and strng enough. Got better later in the season and that helped. I just feel our d is ahead of last years at this time. Remember our first D was out second half of game.
Yes sir we'll agree to disagree. Regardless last year was last year and this year is this year. It's all about Montwood Football and so far Rams are representing well. Go Rams

Yes sir we'll agree to disagree. Regardless last year was last year and this year is this year. It's all about Montwood Football and so far Rams are representing well. Go Rams

Montwood D is being lead by Junior Linebacker E. Ramirez #35, according to MaxPrep, his states are remarkable with only games in. He was also featured on NC9 Overtime Top Ten plays. Overall Montwood D is solid.

First thing first montwood has a slow defense they have a lot of key players but don't come together as a team they run a 3-3 stack that's a little league type of defense they are going to get run all over by any good running..... THEY AINT THE REAL DEAL!!!!!

I agree the 3/3 stack defense is not sustainable against a run first team. But lets see on Fri if MWs makes any adjustments on defense.

Quote: franklin dad
First thing first montwood has a slow defense they have a lot of key players but don't come together as a team they run a 3-3 stack that's a little league type of defense they are going to get run all over by any good running..... THEY AINT THE REAL DEAL!!!!!

Lol still need attention? GREEN with envy? Its ok.... our defense is great and will make the adjustments needed. I am sure that when the time comes, Montwood is going to embarrass Franklin. Show them some real smashmouth football and launch an air and ground attack. Go MONTWOOD!

Please define "The Real Deal" and enlighten us on your perception and expectations. The real deal covers a wide spectrum of possibilities and assumptions. Please elaborate....

In El Paso, in district in area in region in state at national level what ???

Eastwood is the real deal!!!

We at Eastwood know this and after we beat Permian everyone else in El Paso and the State will know this.

Burges is no Franklin or el do is if the ram defense is reall they should handle them with ease otherwise it might be scary later on for the rams , rumor has it they had a lot of failures head coach should be on top of that my sun told me 9th team lost 40 players so let's see what happens next couple of weeks

Burges is 2-0. They are a good team with solid players and they don't make a lot of mistakes. Looking at their stats, they seem pretty balanced. This is the type of team that can sneak up and surprise you. I think it'll be a lot more closer than a lot of people think.

Burges is 2-0. They are a good team with solid players and they don't make a lot of mistakes. Looking at their stats, they seem pretty balanced. This is the type of team that can sneak up and surprise you. I think it'll be a lot closer than a lot of people think.

District 1AAAAAA competition has not even started. No team is the real deal but by the middle of October everyone will see that Franklin is actually the real deal.

Quote: BLKPRPL
District 1AAAAAA competition has not even started. No team is the real deal but by the middle of October everyone will see that Franklin is actually the real deal.

Franklin's record is 1-2.... they are real something.... maybe real tore up this year. ☹🏈

Franklin is the real deal just wait and you will see once district starts

Quote: Brian
Franklin is the real deal just wait and you will see once district starts

Brain, don't believe what your own people (with fake usernames) are posting about Montwood. When the time comes, the scorebroad will speak for itself.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m