Forum: EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Week 3: (2-0) Burges Mustangs Vs. (2-0) Montwood Rams (Homecoming Game)

The Mustangs take on the #1 ranked Rams in a battle between two unbeaten teams. Who wins?

Re: Week 3: (2-0) Burges Mustangs Vs. (2-0) Montwood Rams (Homecoming Game)

This is gonna be a good game. Montwood will probably take it but Burges will keep up for a bit. Won't be a blowout, it will be fun to watch.

Montwood end of discussion

It will be interesting to see if the Rams correct their problems on defense before this game. If not it's going to be a long night for them against Burges.

Quote: Boaz
It will be interesting to see if the Rams correct their problems on defense before this game. If not it's going to be a long night for them against Burges.
. Boaz you must be on booze! Chill , ez up the Ram hate..

Quote: RamFan
Every year he does the same thing, Montwood has to fix this and Montwood has to fix that. I guess a team can't have an off night huh, even though they played at their house and won. Defense will be fine and the offense will do what it does so just relax bud and wait till Friday.

The fact is MW has flaws in their defense that teams can exploit, especially in the secondary. Your best defender in the secondary just happens to be your best WR, Tyrese Andrus. But in all fairness to him there isn't a WR in the city that he can't cover. On another note, MWs best LB is Ev Ruhl but he doesn't start because I heard one of the coaches don't like him for some reason. And finally, as we saw against Midland...MW struggles against good running teams. So as much as the Rams fans hate to receive criticism, it is what it is. There is always room for improvement and the Rams are no different.

The fact is MW has flaws in their defense that teams can exploit, especially in the secondary. Your best defender in the secondary just happens to be your best WR, Tyrese Andrus. But in all fairness to him there isn't a WR in the city that he can't cover. On another note, MWs best LB is Ev Ruhl but he doesn't start because I heard one of the coaches don't like him for some reason. And finally, as we saw against Midland...MW struggles against good running teams. So as much as the Rams fans hate to receive criticism, it is what it is. There is always room for improvement and the Rams are no different.

There is room for improvement and they are working to correct the issues. We have great players in all positions. I have not heard of the coaches not playing someone because they don't like them. They put their best players (in their opinion) out there on the field. Coaches are very hard on attendance and if you dont practice, you don't play. Also, if you don't attend workouts, you drop to 2nd or 3rd string. Expectations are high. The talent is there. Just need to get the kinks worked out and that is exactly what the first few games are for. Hopefully, they keep their momentum going and win out. Go Montwood

o

This post is really funny. It doesn't sound like you know football very well.

So you are saying Tyrese is a great athlete? And thats a problem because?....

Everett is NOT our best linebacker, far from it. He's a great kid but way to small to be out there with the big boys. I really like our lb's this year. Much improved from last year. I think now they are playing the best kids in each position and that has them playing much better.

Our D will be fine. Don't start stuff about coaches not liking kids, that's just not true. Best players in each position. End of story.

If you really understand football and look at what position 33 is playing, you'd see that they moved him over to strong safety.

#33 is not a safety, he's a LB and has always played LB even at Slider Middle School. He was moved because the defensive Coach doesn't like him. But I will let you experts figure out why?

Kid's in a tough spot, not big or strong enough for LB and not fast enough to cover as a safety. Makes it hard for a coach. He' got a ton of heart though.

Quote: Rams2018

There is room for improvement and they are working to correct the issues. We have great players in all positions. I have not heard of the coaches not playing someone because they don't like them. They put their best players (in their opinion) out there on the field. Coaches are very hard on attendance and if you dont practice, you don't play. Also, if you don't attend workouts, you drop to 2nd or 3rd string. Expectations are high. The talent is there. Just need to get the kinks worked out and that is exactly what the first few games are for. Hopefully, they keep their momentum going and win out. Go Montwood

Its simple, the 3-3 Stack D will not work against any run team at any Level. to many gaps open. Simple.

Quote: Cats32
Quote: RamFan
Every year he does the same thing, Montwood has to fix this and Montwood has to fix that. I guess a team can't have an off night huh, even though they played at their house and won. Defense will be fine and the offense will do what it does so just relax bud and wait till Friday.

True, if Boaz ever played, which I don't think so! Traveling 4 hours plus on a Thursday night, playing away, getting the Win and students having exams on Friday. Big accomplishment. Great Job Coaches and Athletes.

Quote: Slider dad
o

Everett is NOT our best linebacker, far from it. He's a great kid but way to small to be out there with the big boys. I really like our lb's this year. Much improved from last year. I think now they are playing the best kids in each position and that has them playing much better.

Our D will be fine. Don't start stuff about coaches not liking kids, that's just not true. Best players in each position. End of story.

Slider Dad, who was the Montwood LB that was NC9 on week 1 ? I heard his pretty legit kid to make the highlights on defense. Defense and us O-Lineman hardly get recognized.

Quote: Who
Quote: Slider dad
o

Slider Dad, who was the Montwood LB that was NC9 on week 1 ? I heard his pretty legit kid to make the highlights on defense. Defense and us O-Lineman hardly get recognized.

Eric Ramirez, he's one of our best linebackers avg almost 10 tackles a game as a junior.

Kids a beast!!!

Lots of beasts on this Rams team. Ramirez is but only one of a herd of Ram beasts.

**** montwood, they had an easy win against frenship and midland they ran up the score to look good film says it all and I got burges on the win 27-14

Quote: frankin dad
**** montwood, they had an easy win against frenship and midland they ran up the score to look good film says it all and I got burges on the win 27-14
Yea they ran it up on you guys last year too and let the 2's in the 2nd half. Don't be salty Franklin Mom you'll have your chance at the Rams soon enough

Montwood by a large margin. They are the best team in the city and they will show it again this week.

Just wait till Franklin plays Montwood... Then we'll see how good smallwood really is. enough said...

Look this is NO MATCH UP so let it GO.It like Franklin playing El Paso high.

Quote: franklin dad
Just wait till Franklin plays Montwood... Then we'll see how good smallwood really is. enough said...

Awwww do you need some attention? No one is talking about Franklin so you troll on our post. Worry about your game with Copperas Cove and leave the real football to our kids 😉 Go Montwood!

I'm new to the forum but I see it only took two games for local teams to start hating on the Rams success. So instead of giving credit where credit is due and applauding MW for beating two Permian Basin teams back-to-back, some people prefer to throw shade instead. What MW accomplished shows progress for ELP HS Football so they deserve praise and recognition. But there is still much more football to be played and nobody knows how the season will play out in the end. ELD has a road game against Midland Lee on Friday and we should be supporting them as well. So save the trash talk for district play and support our local teams going up against out of town teams. But back to MW, they will probably win their next two games against Burges and Socorro, unless the coach does something crazy like play his 2nd and 3rd string players the entire game or the Rams have a really bad night. If not, I predict that the Rams will be 4-0 when they meet ELD next month, which will surely be the game of the week!

Quote: frankin dad

Sure the way you beat midland and got lit up by permian!!! I got coppers cove by a lot

Quote: franklin dad

Boaz, you are partially correct, Ruhl #33 has played at the middle LB position clear back to his youth football days when I coached him. He was a starter in the season opener last year at the LB position, then broke his collar bone a week later, and was out for the season. However, this year, he's definitely at the strong safety position, and sometimes free safety. This is one of the kids I've kept tabs on, because he's one to watch!
He didn't start weeks one or two, because he was out for a week with a shoulder muscle strain sustained in practice. You don't practice, you don't start - simple. Has nothing to do with coaches not liking him. This kid is the ultimate motivator, has more heart than anybody I know, and knows things about the game that you just can't teach - a coaches dream really! He may be on the smaller side, but I promise, you don't want to get hit by him.
Go Rams.

Funny Friendship 5a just moved up to 6a not doing to good then a Midland team that can't find the door and Montwood thinks that this is the year , Fact is those 2 teams stink ,specially that Midland team you couldn't shake off (oh I forgot the game was close because you put in the 2nd team ,no u didn't I was there)now I would really call you the real deal if you would've beaten like Mojo n Lee and then now Burgess come on man are you serious.

Flint,
You need to worry about coopers cove and forget about midland and freinship.
Go RAMS

Were 2-0 and scored 138 points in two games our QB has thrown 13 TD no INTs. I can keep going but it would just upset you even more...get over it.

Quote: Flint
Funny Friendship 5a just moved up to 6a not doing to good then a Midland team that can't find the door and Montwood thinks that this is the year , Fact is those 2 teams stink ,specially that Midland team you couldn't shake off (oh I forgot the game was close because you put in the 2nd team ,no u didn't I was there)now I would really call you the real deal if you would've beaten like Mojo n Lee and then now Burgess come on man are you serious.

Sooooo..... you are a Montwood hater that drove 5 hours to watch their game on a Thursday night lol sure. They absolutely had 2nd AND 3rd string in. Our 2nd string qb was in after the half. Our kids are good. So stop hating. A win is a win. I love that just about everyone got to play in that game. Kids were happy. All they can do is win whatever game they have that particular weekend and thats it. The kids didnt pick their opponents. Easy to talk crap behind a screen name. Ease up and let them play.

Hey Ram 2008 I did not drive 5 hours I am from the West Side actually Canutillo High School a big Canute's fan and also I never hide ,I am proud of the history that we made in El Paso but never hide I've always used Flint and I will continue to use Flint as long as our Eagles dominate I'm good to go.

Also Rams 2018 I will cheer for Montwood before I cheer for Coronado or Franklin so I am not a Montwood hater I just don't think they're all that just Yet .

Also Rams 2018 I will cheer for Montwood before I cheer for Coronado or Franklin so I am not a Montwood hater I just don't think they're all that just Yet .

Fair enough. Go Rams!

Hey Ram 2008 I did not drive 5 hours I am from the West Side actually Canutillo High School a big Canute's fan and also I never hide ,I am proud of the history that we made in El Paso but never hide I've always used Flint and I will continue to use Flint as long as our Eagles dominate I'm good to go.

So you didn't drive 5 hours, does that mean you flew over there. You did in fact say you were at the game, so please explain to us how you were there, but didn't drive or fly?

Hank's parent I'm not even going to answer your question and only because of one thing because the school that you go to is always in the bottom two so because you are from Hanks you do not deserve an answer. Oh and good luck against your game Friday against father Yermo

Hank's parent I'm not even going to answer your question and only because of one thing because the school that you go to is always in the bottom two so because you are from Hanks you do not deserve an answer. Oh and good luck against your game Friday against father Yermo

NO CREDITABILTY TO THE FLINT COMMETNTS !!!! Ignore all Flint post.

Ay Ay este vato.lol

It's honestly funny how Flint can talk crap about any team but the minute someone talks crap about Canutillo all hell breaks loose. Canutillo made history and I will always be proud of what they did, but you can't use that season to put down other teams. Montwood has beat two out of town teams and they look like the best team in the city. I am not a Montwood fan but until they lose that is what I will think. I think Montwood takes this game easily. Good luck to both teams.

Well said, canutillo did have a great season a few years back.

One game at a time flint and now the Rams face the mustangs!!!
GO RAMS!!!!

Look curious people can talk about Canutes , it's okay but I can assure you for the past 15 years we've had nothing but winning seasons are only down year was like a 5 and 5 season and they still made the playoffs but as far as Montwood is concerned hey I do give him credit I just don't think that they played good teams they might be out of town teams but if I'm not mistaken those two teams are winless so that should tell you something and also not to mention there next opponent you and I know that Momtwood is going to beat them but it is what it is.I believe Canutes would've given them a way better game then all these 3 team.

Look curious people can talk about Canutes , it's okay but I can assure you for the past 15 years we've had nothing but winning seasons are only down year was like a 5 and 5 season and they still made the playoffs but as far as Montwood is concerned hey I do give him credit I just don't think that they played good teams they might be out of town teams but if I'm not mistaken those two teams are winless so that should tell you something and also not to mention there next opponent you and I know that Momtwood is going to beat them but it is what it is.I believe Canutes would've given them a way better game then all these 3 team.
Yes I do believe Canutes would've probably given Montwood a better game, your right on that one. And about your 15 year winning seasons, your in a weak district. Even if you lost to Eastlake and Del Valle you still have a winning season. And when Eastlake moves to 6A soon you'll either be 1st or 2nd in your district. So good luck on your winning seasons

Flint,

I wanted to do some research before I responded to your post just so I had my facts straight. On max preps I could only go back to 2004. In 2004 Canutillo's record was 4-6. After 2004 they had winning seasons. Some of them seemed average to me, but that is just my opinion. Then in 2014 they made history and went 14-2. Then in 2015 they went 5-5 and did not make it to the playoffs. To their credit they came back and went 11-1 last year. Again I am not trying to talk crap about Canutillo. I have a lot of respect for Coach Brooks and his team, but Canutillo is not God's gift to football. Canutillo is a great program, but Montwood scheduled teams that would give them an idea of what they would face in the playoffs. I understand Burges seems like a cupcake game, but I understand what they are doing. Burges should be a easier game that the number 2's can handle so that the coaching staff can rest their number 1's before district play. Some people may see it as an easy way out, but I do understand why they scheduled the teams they did. Regardless of who they scheduled this year I believe they are the best team in the city.

I guess will see in the end how good the Rams are. Maybe the Ram fan can be wearing what the Eagles fan wear shirts that say GOT FIVE or FIVE DEEP.

Quote: Curious
Flint,

I wanted to do some research before I responded to your post just so I had my facts straight. On max preps I could only go back to 2004. In 2004 Canutillo's record was 4-6. After 2004 they had winning seasons and a majority of them were more on the just over .500 side, but they did have winning seasons. Then in 2014 they made history and went 14-2. Then in 2015 they went 5-5 and did not make it to the playoffs. To their credit they came back and went 11-1 last year. Again I am not trying to talk crap about Canutillo. I have a lot of respect for Coach Brooks and his team, but Canutillo is not God's gift to football. Canutillo is a great program, but Montwood scheduled teams that would give them an idea of what they would face in the playoffs. I understand Burges seems like a cupcake game, but I understand what they are doing. Burges should be a easier game that the number 2's can handle so that the coaching staff can rest their number 1's before district play. Some people may see it as an easy way out, but I do understand why they scheduled the teams they did. Regardless of who they scheduled this year I believe they are the best team in the city.
What people don't realize either is that the new head coach (Famaligi) took over the program late in the season and Burgess was the only school he could schedule. Remember Montwood would only play 9 games instead of 10 with Veliz. I would like to see Montwood add another Permian Basin/Panhandle opponent in the near future. Either way no one knew that both Frenship and Midland would be struggling this year. Especially after losing close games to them last year.

Quote: RamNation
Quote: Curious
Flint,

I wanted to do some research before I responded to your post just so I had my facts straight. On max preps I could only go back to 2004. In 2004 Canutillo's record was 4-6. After 2004 they had winning seasons and a majority of them were more on the just over .500 side, but they did have winning seasons. Then in 2014 they made history and went 14-2. Then in 2015 they went 5-5 and did not make it to the playoffs. To their credit they came back and went 11-1 last year. Again I am not trying to talk crap about Canutillo. I have a lot of respect for Coach Brooks and his team, but Canutillo is not God's gift to football. Canutillo is a great program, but Montwood scheduled teams that would give them an idea of what they would face in the playoffs. I understand Burges seems like a cupcake game, but I understand what they are doing. Burges should be a easier game that the number 2's can handle so that the coaching staff can rest their number 1's before district play. Some people may see it as an easy way out, but I do understand why they scheduled the teams they did. Regardless of who they scheduled this year I believe they are the best team in the city.
What people don't realize either is that the new head coach (Famaligi) took over the program late in the season and Burgess was the only school he could schedule. Remember Montwood would only play 9 games instead of 10 with Veliz. I would like to see Montwood add another Permian Basin/Panhandle opponent in the near future. Either way no one knew that both Frenship and Midland would be struggling this year. Especially after losing close games to them last year.

For 50 years Basin and Panhandle teams have been beating on El Paso teams. For petes sake 50 years and recently El Paso teams have been beating Basin and Panhandle teams and all of a sudden those Basin and Panhandle teams are weak and struggling???? Come on

Quote: Cats32
Yes I do believe Canutes would've probably given Montwood a better game, your right on that one. And about your 15 year winning seasons, your in a weak district. Even if you lost to Eastlake and Del Valle you still have a winning season. And when Eastlake moves to 6A soon you'll either be 1st or 2nd in your district. So good luck on your winning seasons

Cats32, ignore Flints comments his non creditable. He don't drive or fly to watch out of town games. But post that he was at the game. Go figure, just ignore.

Hey to all you guys I'll finish it off with this we've gone five deep and you guys ain't done s*** so how's that. So take that to the bank the only history a lot of you guys have is just winning District so being a eagle fan and going five deep woo unbelievable sorry to say you guys haven't experienced that and whether it was this year or three years ago whatever the fact of the matter is that we've been there and you haven't so yeah I'm out.

Hey to all you guys I'll finish it off with this we've gone five deep and you guys ain't done s*** so how's that. So take that to the bank the only history a lot of you guys have is just winning District so being a eagle fan and going five deep woo unbelievable sorry to say you guys haven't experienced that and whether it was this year or three years ago whatever the fact of the matter is that we've been there and you haven't so yeah I'm out.

Relax Al Bundy. The kids went 5 deep not you. If this is the highlight of your life then pues tas ******

Finally

Game Day! Lets GOOOOOOO Rams!!! Play your hearts out and enjoy homecoming. May God keep you all safe.

Game Day! Lets GOOOOOOO Rams!!! Play your hearts out and enjoy homecoming. May God keep you all safe.

Well said Rams2018. Keep our young athletes healthy any injury free.

Amen!! Let's get it Rams! Good luck

Unless you were coaching or playing for the team you cannot say we. You did not do anything to contribute to that teams success. Whether you were cheering for them or not, they still would have done what they did, so let's just clear that up right now. Also everyone on here has congratulated Canutillo and given them their credit. I am sorry you got your feelings hurt, and this is exactly what I meant about nobody being allowed to say anything bad about Canutillo, but the 2014 season has no relevance in 2017. It was a great accomplishment and when we talk about some of the greatest football teams this city has seen, then 2014 Canutillo has relevance. When we are talking about current teams and how good they are, 2014 Canutillo is no longer relevant. That would be like the Miami Dolphins bringing up their 1972 season when they went 17-0, at the start of every season to justify themselves saying they are the best team in the league. It was a great accomplishment, but it has no relevance with a new season.

Final Score:

Burges Mustangs 27
Vs.
Montwood Rams 47

Once again MWs defense was exposed against a good Burges team. The offense had to bail the defense out again. So I hope they take the bye week to fix their problems on defense before the real games begin. And it starts with moving #33 back to LB where he belongs and doing away with the 3/3 defense against the run. If not, teams like Franklin and El Dorado will run circles around the Rams defense!

Once again MWs defense was exposed against a good Burges team. The offense had to bail the defense out again. So I hope they take the bye week to fix their problems on defense before the real games begin. And it starts with moving #33 back to LB where he belongs and doing away with the 3/3 defense against the run. If not, teams like Franklin and El Dorado will run circles around the Rams defense!
. Boaz, you must be #33 Dad, We are all proud parents. What can see is that Rams have a very explosive offense. It's not that the defense is weak, do you even have an idea of how hard it is to have a #1 Offense and # 1 Defense on the same year. Either one or the other. Let the kids play. Coaches doing their best at out there.

As a parent I was disappointed with the way montwood was still airing the football in the game with 1 minute and seconds left, that was classless and no call for , he use to do that at Dv , have some class coach and be a role model for these kids coach.

Aren't games 48 min long? When they score it's bad, when they don't it's "why did they struggle. Them montwood parents are hard to please.

Quote: Real eyes realize real lies
Aren't games 48 min long? When they score it's bad, when they don't it's "why did they struggle. Them montwood parents are hard to please.
Yes I agree real eyes. Pedal to the metal, game wasn't a blow out so why let off! Good game Rams!!! On to Socorro, this game is behind you.

I want montwood to win just the way the head coach did says a lot about his lack of class and it's about him not his team or school community and coaches , just selfish

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m