EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Week 3 - Coronado VS Andress

What should we expect to see this week after last weeks game that fell on our coaches lap?

Re: Week 3 - Coronado VS Andress

Coronado will win this game simply for the fact that Andress coaches and players cannot work as a TEAM especially when they are down on the scoreboard. If Andress gets their TEAM especially their COMMUNICATION in order then and only then Andress will win this game over Coronado.

Andress coaches do not talk to their players enough on the sidelines. There is no leadership whatsoever on that Andress sideline. If they don't fix this it will be their downfall the rest of the season.

Andress players need to be a TEAM at practice and especially during a game. Andress coaches need to stop being spectators at games and coach up those players when they come off the field and to the bench during games.

Andress coaches talk to the players. Andress players talk to the coaches. There must be communication. Football is a fun game but the game should be treated as a business which means communication is key on those sidelines.

Look it's obvious that Andress has more talent than Coronado but the coaching and the minds of players at times is the differential.

The Coronado Tbirds have Jose Luis Hererra all district, carter mcFadden all district, Garrett Slaughter all district, receivers that lit it up in 7/7. Coronado has plenty of talent. The coaches just need to use them.bring it out. Donatelli is a great receiver. Norzagaray is a good receiver, Parker is a good receiver. Ethan Arroyo is a pocket Qb. Lets just get it done men!

Idk
The Coronado Tbirds have Jose Luis Hererra all district, carter mcFadden all district, Garrett Slaughter all district, receivers that lit it up in 7/7. Coronado has plenty of talent. The coaches just need to use them.bring it out. Donatelli is a great receiver. Norzagaray is a good receiver, Parker is a good receiver. Ethan Arroyo is a pocket Qb. Lets just get it done men!

Lit it up in 7/7???

Son real football during the regular season and playoffs with pads on and players charging at a quarterback hungry to sack his butt to the ground is very different than 7 on 7 mickey mouse football. Come on now.

You guys want to move Forward then let GO OF THAT 7 ON 7 MENTALLITY, that means NOTHING,i dont thinks its the coaches its that 7 on 7 mentality that holding you down.

As even a match up possible. The kids that want it most will take it!

Flint
You guys want to move Forward then let GO OF THAT 7 ON 7 MENTALLITY, that means NOTHING,i dont thinks its the coaches its that 7 on 7 mentality that holding you down.

You know you're right. We've debated the 7 on 7 issue enough and I feel the point has been made & made well. We have to tell our boys to play their as*!$ off and just make it happen. Yes the coaching and play callings suck but they have to overcome it. Coronado has some great talent and they need to put all their heart and skills to it. Hopefully the coaches are willing to listen and change the plays which they know aren't working.

Andress 27, Coronado 24

Disappointment is only the beginning for me when it comes to these two programs right now, so I'll keep this strictly football and won't delve into the underlying issues (leadership, culture, etc.). I like both defenses against the opposing offenses, and Andress has the advantage on special teams, which will be the difference.

Andress D's potential for the big play is evident, and while they give up the edge way too much, they create their share of negative plays and turnovers. Coronado's bend don't break 4-3, while it lacks creativity (do they know what a blitz is), should work just fine against an Andress O that looks clueless when they aren't simply overwhelming an opposing team athletically and hoping the QB can turn a broken play into positive yardage.

No matter the result, after this game, Andress is afforded the opportunity to recover from its early season woes by getting "healthy" against the weak underbelly of 1-5A, and Coronado is not as the second worst team in 1-6A. For me, if Andress was in 1-6A their season ending record would be comparable to Coronado's over the last few years, including this one. Coronado will end the season with one or two wins, Andress will end with seven or eight, and they'll still be equal in my eyes: Unnecessarily Underachieving!

As for me, I won't be attending this one. I'll be at Irvin watching Pebble Hills try and score against Chapin.

My prediction

Andress 31
Coronado 28

NE Coach
Andress 27, Coronado 24

Disappointment is only the beginning for me when it comes to these two programs right now, so I'll keep this strictly football and won't delve into the underlying issues (leadership, culture, etc.). I like both defenses against the opposing offenses, and Andress has the advantage on special teams, which will be the difference.

Andress D's potential for the big play is evident, and while they give up the edge way too much, they create their share of negative plays and turnovers. Coronado's bend don't break 4-3, while it lacks creativity (do they know what a blitz is), should work just fine against an Andress O that looks clueless when they aren't simply overwhelming an opposing team athletically and hoping the QB can turn a broken play into positive yardage.

No matter the result, after this game, Andress is afforded the opportunity to recover from its early season woes by getting "healthy" against the weak underbelly of 1-5A, and Coronado is not as the second worst team in 1-6A. For me, if Andress was in 1-6A their season ending record would be comparable to Coronado's over the last few years, including this one. Coronado will end the season with one or two wins, Andress will end with seven or eight, and they'll still be equal in my eyes: Unnecessarily Underachieving!

As for me, I won't be attending this one. I'll be at Irvin watching Pebble Hills try and score against Chapin.

NE Coach good read you're right the coaches do need to talk to the children however, when a child grows up playing football all their lives with city ball and are able to learn 40-50 different plays and in middle school learn 40-50 different plays, why dwindle them down to 4-5 plays where teams can easily scout us and figure out our formations. I always see on the forum that Andress has athletes but how can they be athletes when coaches leave them stagnant and in one place. We run a spread with no jet sweeps, we don't run the ball often as we should, but we have ATHLETES. That's like going to a gun range and not shooting a gun. Andress need to stop being STAGNANT.

Nothing but Love
Flint

You know you're right. We've debated the 7 on 7 issue enough and I feel the point has been made & made well. We have to tell our boys to play their as*!$ off and just make it happen. Yes the coaching and play callings suck but they have to overcome it. Coronado has some great talent and they need to put all their heart and skills to it. Hopefully the coaches are willing to listen and change the plays which they know aren't working.

I hope we get the kids healthy to do their jobs. We have the line to run and throw the ball when healthy. I am sure the quarterbacks would love to have better protection on the blitz packages thrown at them. The receivers would love to have time to run their routes before the line breaks down. Parker, Donatelli, Varela, JO JO, NORZ, Herrera, all of them. I am sure Slaughter would love to have the line make holes and block like they are supposed to. I am sure Jose Herrera would love to contribute more than on special teams. We need to get a healthy offensive line. Until then, it will be tough. The coaches are doing the best they can to get them ready. Lets stop placing blame, and start promoting the team and the teams good health.

It honestly sucks to read/hear about these two programs. I remember when they were the two most dominant programs in the city. The legacy left by Brooks and Sep is slowly fading away. Sadly, you cant just blame it on one thing. I think it is partly the coaches to blame, partly the players, and partly their communities. You just don't feel that pride for these two schools anymore. Until those coaches, players, and communities start to get back that pride for their school, they will continue to be an afterthought. This one is a toss up. Whoever comes out to play and makes the less mistakes will take it.

Hulk2017
NE Coach
Andress 27, Coronado 24

NE Coach good read you're right the coaches do need to talk to the children however, when a child grows up playing football all their lives with city ball and are able to learn 40-50 different plays and in middle school learn 40-50 different plays, why dwindle them down to 4-5 plays where teams can easily scout us and figure out our formations. I always see on the forum that Andress has athletes but how can they be athletes when coaches leave them stagnant and in one place. We run a spread with no jet sweeps, we don't run the ball often as we should, but we have ATHLETES. That's like going to a gun range and not shooting a gun. Andress need to stop being STAGNANT.

Hulk, I think you have me confused with Beast, but thanks for the quote!

Fan
It honestly sucks to read/hear about these two programs. I remember when they were the two most dominant programs in the city. The legacy left by Brooks and Sep is slowly fading away. Sadly, you cant just blame it on one thing. I think it is partly the coaches to blame, partly the players, and partly their communities. You just don't feel that pride for these two schools anymore. Until those coaches, players, and communities start to get back that pride for their school, they will continue to be an afterthought. This one is a toss up. Whoever comes out to play and makes the less mistakes will take it.

This is going to be a clean game. It appears that Coronado has made the changes necessary to find consistency in their offense. Jose Luis is catching balls, Angelo Donatelli is cathching balls,Jimmy Parker is catching balls, Alex Norz is catching balls, Ethan arroyo is finally throwing balls, Garrett Slaughter is running balls, the Offensive line is healthier. THE DEFENSE IS healthier!! This is a regular season rehearsal. Thanks coaches for all you do. We are heading out of murky water. GO TBIRDS. EVERYONE PLAY SAFE !!

The Player
Fan

This is going to be a clean game. It appears that Coronado has made the changes necessary to find consistency in their offense. Jose Luis is catching balls, Angelo Donatelli is cathching balls,Jimmy Parker is catching balls, Alex Norz is catching balls, Ethan arroyo is finally throwing balls, Garrett Slaughter is running balls, the Offensive line is healthier. THE DEFENSE IS healthier!! This is a regular season rehearsal. Thanks coaches for all you do. We are heading out of murky water. GO TBIRDS. EVERYONE PLAY SAFE !!

Our biggest problem if you see is that are linemen are not at the level of the other teams. Watch film and see how much time the other team's quarterback has to throw their passes or set up their plays. And see how long hours have. We cannot throw passes on the Run. Our QB has one or two seconds to get rid of the ball before the full length of the offense of line is on top of him.
We did good on seven on seven because we had the time to get rid of the ball and we had Talent on both sides. As soon as we added pressure to the QB they can't connect with Mother Earth

Anyone have any updates on this game? Sadly I cannot make it tonight, but would love to know how this game is going.

Anyone have the score?

zzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
yawn..

Not too pretty, but we will take it.
Keep it going boys , everyone has an opinion, you all know what you need to do, just keep fighting for the win

T Bird Zone
Not too pretty, but we will take it.
Keep it going boys , everyone has an opinion, you all know what you need to do, just keep fighting for the win

The Eagles could not stop Garrett Slaughter. The offensive line played well, and the defense made plays when they had to. We took wsy too many sacks . We are learning though. Ball control was the difference. Totally.

The T-Birds season will go up in smoke if they don't beat Americas in their next game.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m