EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Eastwood Vs Permian

I think Eastwood is Gonna play lights out on Friday yes the "All Mighty MOJO" are coming but Eastwood can up some big points with this Offence so don't be shocked to see Eastwood take this one

Re: Eastwood Vs Permian

Troop
I think Eastwood is Gonna play lights out on Friday yes the "All Mighty MOJO" are coming but Eastwood can up some big points with this Offence so don't be shocked to see Eastwood take this one

Don't tell me your Ochoa the quarterback gift from the gods is going to make this happen

Permian 56 Eastwood 0

Oscar
Troop

Don't tell me your Ochoa the quarterback gift from the gods is going to make this happen

Permian 56 Eastwood 0

We will see. Last year before Seth got hurt the offense was moving up and down the field at will and even after he went down the offense put up points. Eastwood had the lead for most of the game until about midway through the 4th quarter and the game was in Odessa. Both teams have many returning players so this should be an entertaining game.

Went back to check the boxscore and Eastwood led 28-21 heading into the 4th. Final was 55-34. Troopers turned the ball over 2 or 3 times in the 4th and that ended up being the turning point. This is a new year and a big opportunity for the Troopers to show they belong in the discussion of top teams in EP. I know one thing it is going to be packed, loud and crazy.

Permian 56-7

YISD got that bond money. Million$ on top of million$. YISD should try to buy off Permian to throw this game or atleast pay Permain to play their second stringers the entire game and see if Eastwood can beat their 2nd stringers.

I still think Permian's second stringers would beat Eastwood 56-0.

Oscar
YISD got that bond money. Million$ on top of million$. YISD should try to buy off Permian to throw this game or atleast pay Permain to play their second stringers the entire game and see if Eastwood can beat their 2nd stringers.

You are a special kind of stupid.

Fan
Oscar

You are a special kind of stupid.

If you did not take what I posted as a joke and only kidding then you are the stupid one.

I'm interested in going to this game.

The boxscore mentioned earlier may be a bit misleading. It looks like Eastwood scored 3 of their 4 touchdowns in the 1st half off of Permian turnovers. Permian out-scored Eastwood 42-6 in the 2nd half, with 2 of their scores coming off of Eastwood turnovers. Looks like those 2 scores by Permian came late in the game off interceptions. I'm assuming Eastwood was in comeback mode at that point, so interceptions on long Hail-Mary type passes are understandable.

The good news-bad news is this. The good news is Permian still seems to be having a bit of a turnover problem, so maybe Eastwood will be able to capitalize on that. The bad news is, from what I'm reading and hearing Permian's defense is very much better than they were last season, and it appears that even when their offense has given up the ball, the defense has been able to bail them out.

The next question- Did Ochoa play last week? Will he play this week? Considering he was hurt in last years game vs. the Mojo, maybe coach is holding him out until the games really countZ?

It could be a barnburner, but in the end I think it will take a Mojo meltdown for Eastwood to pull the upset.

Pastor of Muppets
I'm interested in going to this game.

The boxscore mentioned earlier may be a bit misleading. It looks like Eastwood scored 3 of their 4 touchdowns in the 1st half off of Permian turnovers. Permian out-scored Eastwood 42-6 in the 2nd half, with 2 of their scores coming off of Eastwood turnovers. Looks like those 2 scores by Permian came late in the game off interceptions. I'm assuming Eastwood was in comeback mode at that point, so interceptions on long Hail-Mary type passes are understandable.

The good news-bad news is this. The good news is Permian still seems to be having a bit of a turnover problem, so maybe Eastwood will be able to capitalize on that. The bad news is, from what I'm reading and hearing Permian's defense is very much better than they were last season, and it appears that even when their offense has given up the ball, the defense has been able to bail them out.

The next question- Did Ochoa play last week? Will he play this week? Considering he was hurt in last years game vs. the Mojo, maybe coach is holding him out until the games really countZ?

It could be a barnburner, but in the end I think it will take a Mojo meltdown for Eastwood to pull the upset.

Yeah the wheels came off in the 4th quarter for Eastwood, Permian put up 34 on them that quarter. Offense started sputtering without Seth. He did not play against Bel Air and I am not sure what their plans are for him this week. I would imagine they would like to get him some actual game time before the start of district. I agree that Eastwood will have to bring it to win this game Friday but this is not your Fathers Odessa Permian. They are not nearly as dominant as they were in the late 80's and 90's. Not sure if this generation of players is intimidated by them the way EP teams were back in the day.

Permian will do the same or worse to Eastwood as it did to Franklin. Mark my words.

http://www.onenewspage.com/video/20170909/8861831/Permian-Pummels-Franklin-Friday.htm

Brockster
Permian will do the same or worse to Eastwood as it did to Franklin. Mark my words.

http://www.onenewspage.com/video/20170909/8861831/Permian-Pummels-Franklin-Friday.htm

We'll see about that.

Permian will not know what hit them.

It will be a long drive back home to Odessa.

You mark those words

The truth
Oscar
Troop

Permian 56 Eastwood 0

We will see. Last year before Seth got hurt the offense was moving up and down the field at will and even after he went down the offense put up points. Eastwood had the lead for most of the game until about midway through the 4th quarter and the game was in Odessa. Both teams have many returning players so this should be an entertaining game.

LAST YEAR !!!!!! LAST YEAR !!!! Its NOT last year anymore.

Your right it's not Last Year but We're better than Last Yr just Shut your Mouths and Let us Handle this You guys can all mouth off next week when we have a bye after beating Permian

Troop
Your right it's not Last Year but We're better than Last Yr just Shut your Mouths and Let us Handle this You guys can all mouth off next week when we have a bye after beating Permian

Eastwood does not have Mark and Richie anymore. Sorry to say but those 2 players were the Eastwood football program.

Troop

You will need a Bye after the beat down your getting.

Richie and Mark were great but So are the New Troopers Defence and Offence Both Qbs are good Both Running Backs and Our Receivers Our Defensive Ends and Linebackers want names too cause I can name about 10-15 kids that are just as good as mark and Richie in thier own positions

Troop
I can name about 10-15 kids that are just as good as mark and Richie in thier own positions
C'mon now!!!

This Permian team is better than any we've seen from them this decade, and 200% over last year's team. But they do have to travel to El Paso and we all know the long trip, either way, does have an effect. This ought to be a good litmus test for both the Panthers and the Troopers.

NE
Troop

I think it is awesome to be able to believe in your team. That is why we go to these things. It makes it fun. That being said, Permian has lost to an El Paso team only twice in 60 years.

Right?
NE
Troop

I think it is awesome to be able to believe in your team. That is why we go to these things. It makes it fun. That being said, Permian has lost to an El Paso team only twice in 60 years.

Vs Common Opponents (See All)
Click on teams to see side-by-side scores.
Abilene (38-15-2)
Abilene Cooper (34-14)
Amarillo (29-6)
Big Spring (26-3)
Coronado (23-0-1)
Eastwood (7-0)
El Paso Austin (5-0)
El Paso Hanks (5-0)
El Paso Irvin (7-0)
Euless Trinity (2-4)
FW Wyatt (6-0)
Lubbock (6-0)
Lubbock Coronado (7-2)
Lubbock Monterey (19-7)
Midland High (45-10)
Midland Lee (36-19-1)
Montwood (4-2)
Odessa High (46-7-1)
Palo Duro (5-0)
San Angelo Central (33-14-1)
Tascosa (20-7)

Odessa Permian is 7-0 against Eastwood.

Both Montwood and El Dorado beat Odessa Permian in the 2012 season.

Montwood beat Odessa Permian in predistrict and El Dorado eliminated Odessa Permian in the bidistrict 1st round of the Texas state playoffs and it's that season El Dorado went on to play Southlake Carroll.

2012 Montwood 34 Odessa Permian 30 (Montwood defeated Permian in predistrict)

2012 El Dorado 34 Odessa Permian 33 (El Dorado defeated Permian in the playoffs)

1960 Ysleta 31 Odessa Permian 21 (Ysleta defeated Permian in the playoffs)

http://raysanchezbooks.com/Ysleta%20High%2050th%20Reunion%20Recalls%20Upset%20of%20Permian.htm

Obviously Odessa Permian has El Paso teams number.

El Paso teams 3 wins against Permian in 55 to 60 some years.

Lots of luck Eastwood. Hopefully you're as good of a team as those 2012 Montwood and El Dorado teams were and are able to defeat Permian and make it 4 wins for the city of El Paso against Permian in 55 to 60 some years.

My prediction

Permian 63
Eastwood 7

Troop

Man, you Eastwood fans are delusional.

HanksParent19
Troop

I don't know about them being delusional. I would rather say they have that symptom exactly like what many people throughout the world suffer from and that's the belief of positivity and all that mumbo jumbo. You know that believe it and you will achieve it nonsense. See it and it will materialize. All that positive energy new age craziness. I'm one of those who suffers with that positivity nonsense and have been ever since I was a little boy in elementary school with my teachers drilling it to me. Believe believe believe believe and the world will be your oyster.

Believe Eastwood

HanksParent19
Troop

What is really funny is that you have to troll an Eastwood forum because hanks doesn't have a formss football program.

HanksParent19
Troop

What is really funny is that you have to troll an Eastwood forum because hanks doesn't have a football program.

Eastwood is going to get destroyed just because they beat a weak bel air team they think theyre going to be district contenders

franklin dad
Eastwood is going to get destroyed just because they beat a weak bel air team they think theyre going to be district contenders

That's funny coming from a Franklin parent

Fan
franklin dad

At least weve beaten a 6a team unlike Eastwood

franklin dad
Fan
franklin dad

At least weve beaten a 6a team unlike Eastwood

Wow great comeback.

Mojo 77 Easywood 0

Routing for the home team here. Give em hell Eastwood and good luck Friday!!!

Permian 63-6

Juco's quarter by quarter prediction on this game

1ST QTR
Permian 21 Eastwood 3

2ND QTR
Permian 14 Eastwood 7

HALFTIME SCORE Permian 35 Eastwood 10

Permian benches their starters and puts in their scrubs 2nd and 3rd stringers for entire 2nd half of the game.

3RD QTR
Permian 21 Eastwood 14

4TH QTR
Permian 14 Eastwood 14

FINAL
Permian 70 Eastwood 38

Juco

1ST QTR
Permian 21 Eastwood 3

2ND QTR
Permian 14 Eastwood 7

Permian benches their starters and puts in their scrubs 2nd and 3rd stringers for entire 2nd half of the game.

3RD QTR
Permian 21 Eastwood 14

4TH QTR
Permian 14 Eastwood 14

FINAL
Permian 70 Eastwood 38

No way Eastwood puts up 38. 6 at best

Why Not
Juco

1ST QTR
Permian 21 Eastwood 3

2ND QTR
Permian 14 Eastwood 7

3RD QTR
Permian 21 Eastwood 14

4TH QTR
Permian 14 Eastwood 14

FINAL
Permian 70 Eastwood 38

No way Eastwood puts up 38. 6 at best

Reread my post especially this part.

"Permian benches their starters and puts in their scrubs 2nd and 3rd stringers for entire 2nd half of the game."

GURU
Both Montwood and El Dorado beat Odessa Permian in the 2012 season.

Montwood beat Odessa Permian in predistrict and El Dorado eliminated Odessa Permian in the bidistrict 1st round of the Texas state playoffs and it's that season El Dorado went on to play Southlake Carroll.

2012 Montwood 34 Odessa Permian 30 (Montwood defeated Permian in predistrict)

2012 El Dorado 34 Odessa Permian 33 (El Dorado defeated Permian in the playoffs)

1960 Ysleta 31 Odessa Permian 21 (Ysleta defeated Permian in the playoffs)

http://raysanchezbooks.com/Ysleta%20High%2050th%20Reunion%20Recalls%20Upset%20of%20Permian.htm

Obviously Odessa Permian has El Paso teams number.

El Paso teams 3 wins against Permian in 55 to 60 some years.

Lots of luck Eastwood. Hopefully you're as good of a team as those 2012 Montwood and El Dorado teams were and are able to defeat Permian and make it 4 wins for the city of El Paso against Permian in 55 to 60 some years.

Montwood also beat Permian in 2013 at Ratliff in predistrict and that score was 21-17

https://youtu.be/J3A9gQ0JURQ

Fan
HanksParent19
Troop

What is really funny is that you have to troll an Eastwood forum because hanks doesn't have a football program.

It's funny that you assume I'm from Hanks. It's quite possible that my dog's name is Hank and I just follow football. 🤔 You are right though, Hanks does not have a football program yet, but neither does Eastwood. I can see now where the kids get their big mouths from...the parents. Last year, that's all I saw on Twitter. Eastwood kids talking so much crap about every other school. "Our student section is goals. We're the real 'Litwood'." Any time a kid posted something positive about their school, there's an Eastwood kid spouting BS about how Eastwood has more or is bigger.

Juco

1ST QTR
Permian 21 Eastwood 3

2ND QTR
Permian 14 Eastwood 7

3RD QTR
Permian 21 Eastwood 14

4TH QTR
Permian 14 Eastwood 14

FINAL
Permian 70 Eastwood 38

Wait a minute. How does Permian lose 7 points from the 3rd to the 4th quarter? Also, how does Eastwood score only 4 points between the 1st and 2nd. Two safeties really, is the only way that happens. I can buy the 10 points at the half, but the other two are unrealistic

HanksParent19
Fan
HanksParent19
Troop

It's funny that you assume I'm from Hanks. It's quite possible that my dog's name is Hank and I just follow football. 🤔 You are right though, Hanks does not have a football program yet, but neither does Eastwood. I can see now where the kids get their big mouths from...the parents. Last year, that's all I saw on Twitter. Eastwood kids talking so much crap about every other school. "Our student section is goals. We're the real 'Litwood'." Any time a kid posted something positive about their school, there's an Eastwood kid spouting BS about how Eastwood has more or is bigger.

Well with the name Hanksparent its an educated guess that you are from hanks. I'm not even an Eastwood parent so that's an assumption.

Rooting for Eastwood like crazy but it's going to be really tough. Give em hell boys!!

HanksParent19
Juco

1ST QTR
Permian 21 Eastwood 3

2ND QTR
Permian 14 Eastwood 7

3RD QTR
Permian 21 Eastwood 14

4TH QTR
Permian 14 Eastwood 14

FINAL
Permian 70 Eastwood 38

Wait a minute. How does Permian lose 7 points from the 3rd to the 4th quarter? Also, how does Eastwood score only 4 points between the 1st and 2nd. Two safeties really, is the only way that happens. I can buy the 10 points at the half, but the other two are unrealistic

That's a number of points in each quarter, thus the total at the end.

mike03car
HanksParent19
Juco

1ST QTR
Permian 21 Eastwood 3

2ND QTR
Permian 14 Eastwood 7

3RD QTR
Permian 21 Eastwood 14

4TH QTR
Permian 14 Eastwood 14

FINAL
Permian 70 Eastwood 38

some people just can't count!!

Cats32
mike03car
HanksParent19
Juco

1ST QTR
Permian 21 Eastwood 3

2ND QTR
Permian 14 Eastwood 7

3RD QTR
Permian 21 Eastwood 14

4TH QTR
Permian 14 Eastwood 14

FINAL
Permian 70 Eastwood 38

His from Hanks, what do you expect.

NE
Cats32
mike03car
HanksParent19
Juco

1ST QTR
Permian 21 Eastwood 3

2ND QTR
Permian 14 Eastwood 7

3RD QTR
Permian 21 Eastwood 14

4TH QTR
Permian 14 Eastwood 14

FINAL
Permian 70 Eastwood 38

Mere oversight, imo.

Burning of the E tonight

Go Eastwood!!!

So is Friday Eastwoods Homecoming??

Cats32

Homecoming Parade then burning of the E tonight

EHSTroopers
Cats32

Homecoming Parade then burning of the E tonight

Hats off to Eastwood for picking a tuff opponent for homecoming. I remember the days when it used to be that way.

We're having a great time!!!!!!

I'm hearing Permian may not have some key players for this game. Boys will be boys. Could give Eastwood a real shot at dominating this one.

OldEctorEagle
I'm hearing Permian may not have some key players for this game. Boys will be boys. Could give Eastwood a real shot at dominating this one.

Hope this is fake news. Win or lose the Troopers want to face mighty mojo at full strength.

Observer
OldEctorEagle

Hope this is fake news. Win or lose the Troopers want to face mighty mojo at full strength.

Yup sounds like 100% desperate, chickening out night before the game, fake news to me.

Edgar

Yup sounds like 100% desperate, chickening out night before the game, fake news to me.

I'm hoping it's fake news because I'd love to see mouthy Eastwood get their guts stomped out.

Hope they can make a game of it. Good luck TROOPERS!

Guys I do not know if it is true or not but I heard that earlier today Odessa Permian on their way to El Paso stopped by Cattleman's to celebrate their 60 point win over Eastwood.

Oscar
Guys I do not know if it is true or not but I heard that earlier today Odessa Permian on their way to El Paso stopped by Cattleman's to celebrate their 60 point win over Eastwood.
Oscar I know for a fact that this is not true because PERMIAN did not even send their Varsity team. They sent their Freshmen and they are only expecting to stomp EASTWOODS Varsity by 30!At least that's the rumor

TrooperX
Oscar
Oscar I know for a fact that this is not true because PERMIAN did not even send their Varsity team. They sent their Freshmen and they are only expecting to stomp EASTWOODS Varsity by 30!At least that's the rumor

Thanks for confirming this. Good luck to your Troopers.

TrooperX
Oscar

Wow. Who needs enemies when you have "fans" like this. Hope you are at the game tonight Trooper X it is homecoming. At least when you throw your team under the bus you can at least say you were there to "support" them.

Yea Trooper X is not a Eastwood Supporter I really wish he wouldn't even talk about Eastwood he dislikes them so much he should just move to another school and bug them

Observer
TrooperX
Oscar

Wow. Who needs enemies when you have "fans" like this. Hope you are at the game tonight Trooper X it is homecoming. At least when you throw your team under the bus you can at least say you were there to "support" them.
It was a joke I was responding to Oscars sarcastic joke with a sarcastic joke....easy killah

TrooperX
Observer
TrooperX
Oscar

It was a joke I was responding to Oscars sarcastic joke with a sarcastic joke....easy killah

Whatever clown. You just posted on another thread about how they are going to get beat up tonight guess you were being sarcastic then too. I have read enough of your garbage about Eastwood over the years to know that you spend more time crapping on them than you do saying anything positive. So again, with fans like that who needs enemies?

Troopers winning 20-14 at half. They came out and scored on the first play. Officials are awful. They've already had several rules snafus. Pretty much both ways, although they messed up the Mojo big-time right before the half. They were in scoring position but refs did not stop the clock when they were suppose to. Instead of time for maybe three plays they only got one.

Fight in the Eastwood stands!

Oscar
Troop

Permian 56 Eastwood 0

The other QB is better anyway. He's 10 for 10 so far.

Pastor of Muppets
Oscar
Troop

Permian 56 Eastwood 0

The other QB is better anyway. He's 10 for 10 so far.

Ochoa is 7 for 8. Whats your point

score??

Eastwood 27 premium 49. Eastwood had 4 turnovers in 2nd half. Mojo scored twice in final 5 minutes.

Well my prediction above was that I thought Permian was going to beat Eastwood by 32 points. Ummmm I was kind of close.

Well, 10-10 is better than 7-8.

Pastor of Muppets
Well, 10-10 is better than 7-8.

Did you se the whole game.

10-10 with 4 turnovers and a momentum changing interception. I guess still better that's better than 7-8 also. He will be good for Eastwood in years to come. Right now it's time for the senior to take his team on his back. Then next year it's the sophomores time he's going to be very good for Eastwood just not right now. District time Eastwood will be on top on the pack when it's said and done. Montwood and Eastwood will end up being the battle of the 2 best QB's in the city for the district title.

Not without that left tackle as soon as he got hurt everything shut down he's the heart and soul of that O line I think he's 74

10-10 with 4 turnovers and a momentum changing interception. I guess still better that's better than 7-8 also lol. Don't get me wrong #10 will be the next in line of great QB's for Eastwood. Right now it's time for the senior to take his team on his back. Then next year it's the sophomores time he's going to be very good for Eastwood just not right now. It's District time seth looked good for not playing for a yr. shook the cobwebs off got some reps. Eastwood will be on top of the pack when it's said and done. Montwood and Eastwood will end up being the battle of the 2 best QB's in the city for the district title.

NE
Cats32
mike03car
HanksParent19
Juco

1ST QTR
Permian 21 Eastwood 3

2ND QTR
Permian 14 Eastwood 7

3RD QTR
Permian 21 Eastwood 14

4TH QTR
Permian 14 Eastwood 14

FINAL
Permian 70 Eastwood 38

You can definitely expect proper spelling and grammar. So, I obviously didn't think to see the scores that way, that was my mistake. At least I know how to speak.

Pastor of Muppets
Fight in the Eastwood stands!

So typical of the Eastwood kids. Let me guess, the student section.

Hahaha hanks parent still trolling eastwoods blog. Post on hanks blog. Oh wait there's not one. My bad, troll on!!!!

Big D
Hahaha hanks parent still trolling eastwoods blog. Post on hanks blog. Oh wait there's not one. My bad, troll on!!!!

Oh, so I take it the only people that comment on this thread are from Eastwood or Permian, or any thread for that matter? No, that's not how it works. It's a public forum and anyone can comment. Just because you don't like what I have to say doesn't mean I'm trolling. I'll say it again for you that obviously lack reading comprehension skills. I am not a parent from Hanks. My dog's name is Hank and I am 19.

Glad to see Seth back...the Permian game was a good warm-up for him before Eastwood takes on Cedarious Barfield and the Aztecs on the 29th.

Big D
10-10 with 4 turnovers and a momentum changing interception. I guess still better that's better than 7-8 also lol. Don't get me wrong #10 will be the next in line of great QB's for Eastwood. Right now it's time for the senior to take his team on his back. Then next year it's the sophomores time he's going to be very good for Eastwood just not right now. It's District time seth looked good for not playing for a yr. shook the cobwebs off got some reps. Eastwood will be on top of the pack when it's said and done. Montwood and Eastwood will end up being the battle of the 2 best QB's in the city for the district title.

The battle between the 2 best QB's in the city is in 3 weeks, when Montwood plays El Dorado. Sorry, but your QB hasn't done anything. These two have been breaking records for over a year.

Green Giant
Big D

The battle between the 2 best QB's in the city is in 3 weeks, when Montwood plays El Dorado. Sorry, but your QB hasn't done anything. These two have been breaking records for over a year.

It will be the best Qb vs the best Athlete, Last game Barfield was lined up at Wr more than he did at Qb.

Barfield is not a true quarterback he s a great athlete but not true QB. Again that means the best 2 true QB's will be playing for the district title at the end of the season. True Ochoa hasn't done much yet, he was hurt. That doesnt take away for the fact that he is a very talented QB. All you have to do is come watch one game and you can see that right away. In the Games he has played he put up great stats and there's no reason to believe that type of play wont continue. You will see when they play Eldo in 2 weeks. I can't name 2 better Qb's that I have seen in El Paso, than Fernandez and Ochoa. Barfield is a running back playing QB because they want the ball in the hands of their best athlete he's not a true QB Its more of a wildcat set up. I wonder how many schools are actually recruiting Barfield as a QB as opposed to another position such as a DB or RB.

Big D
Barfield is not a true quarterback he s a great athlete but not true QB. Again that means the best 2 true QB's will be playing for the district title at the end of the season. True Ochoa hasn't done much yet, he was hurt. That doesnt take away for the fact that he is a very talented QB. All you have to do is come watch one game and you can see that right away. In the Games he has played he put up great stats and there's no reason to believe that type of play wont continue. You will see when they play Eldo in 2 weeks. I can't name 2 better Qb's that I have seen in El Paso, than Fernandez and Ochoa. Barfield is a running back playing QB because they want the ball in the hands of their best athlete he's not a true QB Its more of a wildcat set up. I wonder how many schools are actually recruiting Barfield as a QB as opposed to another position such as a DB or RB.

3000 plus passing yards say otherwise. I know EW fans believe they have a special QB. But to try to insert him into the conversation of best QBs in the city, one needs a resume of note for that distinction.

Green Giant
Big D

3000 plus passing yards say otherwise. I know EW fans believe they have a special QB. But to try to insert him into the conversation of best QBs in the city, one needs a resume of note for that distinction.

Sure you can. Its called an opinion. He said he can't name 2 better QB's that
HE has seen. Maybe you have a different opinion that is fine. For most who have seen Seth play that is enough for them to know he is one of the top QB's in the city.

Ok if you want to go that route Ochoa had 700 passing in 2 and 1 qtr games before he got hurt. Barfield played 10 to get 3000. So do the math Ochoa was on pace to hit 3500 passing. Ochoa's completion % was also over 100 points higher than Barfield. if you want to compare that to last years stats or lets take Barfield's 1st 3 games this year as a senior compared to Ochoa's junior year. Ochoa played 2 games and 1 qtr. had 713 passing with a .729 completion %. This year in 3 games barfield has 658 yds passing and .581 completion %. Again ill stick to my guns and say Fernandez and Ochoa are the 2 best QB's in the City. Barfield and I would say Tyreese Andrus are the 2 best athletes in the city.

Big D
Ok if you want to go that route Ochoa had 700 passing in 2 and 1 qtr games before he got hurt. Barfield played 10 to get 3000. So do the math Ochoa was on pace to hit 3500 passing. Ochoa's completion % was also over 100 points higher than Barfield. if you want to compare that to last years stats or lets take Barfield's 1st 3 games this year as a senior compared to Ochoa's junior year. Ochoa played 2 games and 1 qtr. had 713 passing with a .729 completion %. This year in 3 games barfield has 658 yds passing and .581 completion %. Again ill stick to my guns and say Fernandez and Ochoa are the 2 best QB's in the City. Barfield and I would say Tyreese Andrus are the 2 best athletes in the city.

That is a very good analysis. I agree with you about Cedarius and Tyreese they are crazy athletic and game changers. Fernandez is a very good QB he is is smart, throws a good ball and sees the field well. He reminds me a lot of a shorter version of John Skelton who played at Burges a few years ago.

Ok Just for Fun. Im putting together a football team to rep EP. I have to choose Ochoa, fernandez or Barfield as my starter. Who gets the start. My lineup would be good with either Fernandez or Ochoa at QB before Barfield. Then I put Barfield at RB, then plug in Andrus at WR. I think the majority out there would agree. makes sense and that is why I said I think the 2 best QB's will be playing for the district title at the end of the year.

Green Giant
Big D

Ok lets see some more stats to back up my opinion on why I say Fernandez and Ochoa are the 2 best QB's. Fernandez in 11 games had 3437 yds passing with a %586. Ochoa 713yds in 2.25 games (pace to hit 3500 yd) .729 completion %. Lets look at a similar sample size Fernandez 1st 3 games as a Sr compared to Ochoa 2.25 games as Jr.

Fernandez 981 yds, .649 Completion %, 327 yds per game avg. (Sr. yr)
Ochoa 713 yds and .729 Completion %, 317 yds per game avg. (Jr. yr

So my opinion and now facts showing why I say they are the 2 best QB's and anyone who says Ochoa hasn't done anything as far as stats is right to a certain extent but the stats aren't there yet because of injury and not lack of talent.

Observer
TrooperX
Observer
TrooperX
Oscar

Whatever clown. You just posted on another thread about how they are going to get beat up tonight guess you were being sarcastic then too. I have read enough of your garbage about Eastwood over the years to know that you spend more time crapping on them than you do saying anything positive. So again, with fans like that who needs enemies?

TrooperX is not a trooper fan. He fell in love with Satcher and then when Barrios became the coach he didn't play the "kiss up" game and that upset TrooperX.

I appreciate the analysis and statistics, Big D. There's no doubt Ochoa is a talented QB. But here's the problem I have with inserting him into the top qb conversation: Imagine you are Barfield or Fernandez. You played a grueling 1-6A schedule last year. You busted you tail, developed your leadership skills, put in hours in the film room, the gym, stayed late to throw passes, studied, made mistakes, learned from them, had great moments and moments you'd like to have back. You endured all that, and put up big numbers. You EARNED the right to be called the best. Then here comes a kid with all the potential in the world and people call him one of the best (some on these threads straight out call him the best). It is disrespectful to the other two who have grinded for that honor.

Not taking anything away from Ochoa, as you mentioned he put up impressive numbers in the time he was on the field. But to call a kid the best at any position, you need a body of work in my opinion.

Green Giant
I appreciate the analysis and statistics, Big D. There's no doubt Ochoa is a talented QB. But here's the problem I have with inserting him into the top qb conversation: Imagine you are Barfield or Fernandez. You played a grueling 1-6A schedule last year. You busted you tail, developed your leadership skills, put in hours in the film room, the gym, stayed late to throw passes, studied, made mistakes, learned from them, had great moments and moments you'd like to have back. You endured all that, and put up big numbers. You EARNED the right to be called the best. Then here comes a kid with all the potential in the world and people call him one of the best (some on these threads straight out call him the best). It is disrespectful to the other two who have grinded for that honor.

Not taking anything away from Ochoa, as you mentioned he put up impressive numbers in the time he was on the field. But to call a kid the best at any position, you need a body of work in my opinion.

Now imagine you are Seth and you blow your knee out in the 3rd game of the season. You were putting up crazy numbers until you were injured. You have to rehab for month after grueling month and are unable to play baseball in the Spring because of being hurt. You are able to make it back for Spring football in May thanks to all of your hard work. Then you come and read EP Gridiron and some tool says it is disrespectful to mention you as one of the top QB's in the city. It is fine to say you do not think the kid is one of the top QB's in the city but you make it sound like Seth was lying on a beach somewhere while everyone else was grinding. Do you read your stuff before you post? The kid was injured it was kind of hard for him to stay late to throw passes don't you think?

People who say a player is the best and that player didn't even play a full season or hasn't won atleast district is like Uncle Rico saying IF THIS AND IF THAT.

If I didn't gain all this weight I would have girls chasing me all day long like they used to in my high school days. My statistics with the girls in high school when I had abs of steel were through the roof. I was a chic magnet but man if only I hadn't gain all this weight I would be the best chic magnet around to this very day.

Observer
Green Giant

Now imagine you are Seth and you blow your knee out in the 3rd game of the season. You were putting up crazy numbers until you were injured. You have to rehab for month after grueling month and are unable to play baseball in the Spring because of being hurt. You are able to make it back for Spring football in May thanks to all of your hard work. Then you come and read EP Gridiron and some tool says it is disrespectful to mention you as one of the top QB's in the city. It is fine to say you do not think the kid is one of the top QB's in the city but you make it sound like Seth was lying on a beach somewhere while everyone else was grinding. Do you read your stuff before you post? The kid was injured it was kind of hard for him to stay late to throw passes don't you think?

Not sure if you're a millennial, but not everybody gets a trophy. You think because he put up numbers in two games before his season was 'taken' from him he deserves to be considered a better QB than CB6? Do you read what you post?
Bottom line, you've got to do it on the field. If you said "he has the potential to be the best QB in the city", it wouldn't sound like fingernails on a chalkboard. But that isn't what you're saying. You're saying he IS a top 2 QB. A top 2 QB needs to do more than put up numbers in two games and lead his team to ONE win (Midland Christian 2016).

Green giant you are one slow dude. When did I ever post that he was a top 2 Qb? All I ever said was I thought he was one of the top QBs in the city. That is my opinion and it is perfectly fine if people disagree with that. Go back and read the posts. But to suggest that the other two guys were out working him because he was out with a season ending injury is absurd. And for the record he was 2-0 last year as the starter. You really just need to chill you get all worked up and angry whenever anyone posts something positive about the Eastwood program or players.

Optimist
People who say a player is the best and that player didn't even play a full season or hasn't won atleast district is like Uncle Rico saying IF THIS AND IF THAT.

If I didn't gain all this weight I would have girls chasing me all day long like they used to in my high school days. My statistics with the girls in high school when I had abs of steel were through the roof. I was a chic magnet but man if only I hadn't gain all this weight I would be the best chic magnet around to this very day.

Come on what did I ever do to you. Stop talking about me and yes I would have been the G.O.A.T. ifffff coach would have put me in the fourth quarter.

Green Giant

the thing is I'm not basing my opinion on his 2.25 games played last year. In fact I've seen Ochoa play since the 6th grade and I have yet to see anyone better at the QB position than him and Fernandez. the current top QB's all have played against each other over the years, Furthermore, Ochoa led the JV to an undefeated season against other QB's who are now starting for their respective high schools. SO to say he has no body of work is ridiculous He built a resume since peewee football and has excelled. Whats even more amazing is that this kids primary sport is baseball. so that means when all these other football 1st players are concentrating at getting better in football and attending football camps in the summer and working with skill specific coaches. Ochoa was playing baseball and has never attended one football camp, only plays football during football season and still is one of the best in the city at his second best sport (football). As far as saying to call someone the best you need a body of work. Im sure alot of D1 college basketball players thought the same about a high school kid getting drafted #1 in the NBA draft without a body of work. Im sure those college players grinded and worked hard off the court just to see Lebron get drafted #1. So how is it possible to be considered one of the best players without a body of work IDK ask Lebron or Kobe, who have never played a minute of college basketball or have a "body of work in college" but are still considered to be the best players available in the draft!!!! So it is possible.

Rico
Optimist

Come on what did I ever do to you. Stop talking about me and yes I would have been the G.O.A.T. ifffff coach would have put me in the fourth quarter.

That's IRONIC this whole website is built on What If's, Opinions, Speculation, Assumptions, and Theories. That's why its a forum unless you can tell the future that's all this is Nostradamus.

All this talk about Eastwood and their unproven players is nonsense at this point in time. All this sounds like the Franklin people thinking they are district contenders and a deep playoff team when their quarterback is also unproven. So much dreaming hoping positive and vision board crap going on. Give credit to those quarterbacks that are proven that have lead teams and won district and gone to the playoffs. Be in reality for a second and give those quarterbacks who have accomplished much some props.

Realist
All this talk about Eastwood and their unproven players is nonsense at this point in time. All this sounds like the Franklin people thinking they are district contenders and a deep playoff team when their quarterback is also unproven. So much dreaming hoping positive and vision board crap going on. Give credit to those quarterbacks that are proven that have lead teams and won district and gone to the playoffs. Be in reality for a second and give those quarterbacks who have accomplished much some props.

What? Let me try and get this straight you want Eastwood and Franklin parents to stop hoping, dreaming and being positive about their players? This might honestly be the dumbest thing ever posted on this board. The "reality" is is that's what fans do. Not sure about Franklin parents but Eastwood knows what they have in Seth. He has nothing to prove to us. He is 19-3 as a starting QB at Eastwood. As far as giving props to other QBs that has been done. If you are looking for us to proclaim certain quarterbacks as the greatest ever thats not going to happen because they are not. So in short we are going to continue to hope, dream, and cheer our team and players on. Sorry if that was too much positive crap for you.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m