Forum: EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Canutillo vs Bel Air

Congratulations to the Eagle coaching staff and team on a well prepared and executed game against mighty Coronado. I am truly surprised at how good we looked especially the power of our offense. The Mighty Eagle Defense of course is always a given. The thing is we still don't know how good the Eagles are but that makes every week even more exciting as this team reveals itself. Bel Air gave us all we wanted last year and I expect the same this time around so I am looking for an intense game. Who will win?

Re: Canutillo vs Bel Air

Im calling it right now.Canutillo will win district and go atleast 3 rounds deep in the Texas state playoffs.

Dont noone come posting crap about taking 1 game at a time. Its what I think so let it be and no coaching philosophy nonsense of focusing one opponent at a time.

Canutillo will be district champions and will win some playoff games.

Quote: UpperValley
Im calling it right now.Canutillo will win district and go atleast 3 rounds deep in the Texas state playoffs.

Dont noone come posting crap about taking 1 game at a time. Its what I think so let it be and no coaching philosophy nonsense of focusing one opponent at a time.

I hope the Lord up above reads your message. #GOCANUTILLO

The only downfall to that happening is every available team inTexas will be knocking at Coach Brooks door... Otherwise, I've said it before, and I'll say it again.... Canutillo is the best team in El Paso, and has the best coaching. There is no discussion about it....and again for the record, I am not from Canutillo and have no connection. I just call it as I see it...

Quote: Transplant
The only downfall to that happening is every available team inTexas will be knocking at Coach Brooks door... Otherwise, I've said it before, and I'll say it again.... Canutillo is the best team in El Paso, and has the best coaching. There is no discussion about it....and again for the record, I am not from Canutillo and have no connection. I just call it as I see it...

My prediction

Canutillo 28
Bel Air 24

Quote: UVLonghorns

Mr.Longhorns, It is possible that the Lord has some other high priority issues to resolve that are probably ahead of whether the Eagles win the championship or go deep in the play-offs what with natural disasters, famine, disease, war and things like that plaguing the planet. That being said we should probably consult with Mr. Del Valle, Mr. Eastlake, Mr. Bel Air, Mr. Ysleta and Mr. Parkland about what their plans are for championships and play-offs. I am all for the Eagles but we are at week 3 of the season so let us show some restraint and see what develops this week. It makes it easier for our players to deal with the pressure they must feel. And Mr. UpperValley your fanatical comments put you on the same page as the North Koreans, cut Brooks and his boys some slack.

Quote: Hmmmm
Quote: UVLonghorns

Mr.Longhorns, It is possible that the Lord has some other high priority issues to resolve that are probably ahead of whether the Eagles win the championship or go deep in the play-offs what with natural disasters, famine, disease, war and things like that plaguing the planet. That being said we should probably consult with Mr. Del Valle, Mr. Eastlake, Mr. Bel Air, Mr. Ysleta and Mr. Parkland about what their plans are for championships and play-offs. I am all for the Eagles but we are at week 3 of the season so let us show some restraint and see what develops this week. It makes it easier for our players to deal with the pressure they must feel. And Mr. UpperValley your fanatical comments put you on the same page as the North Koreans, cut Brooks and his boys some slack.

Mr Hmmm I'm sure that all those names mentioned are hoping and probably praying that their teams be just as successful as what I desire for the Eagles to be so while I'm not asking for a miracle nor expecting one, I do pray that they perform at the level that Mr Uppervalley posted whether that happens or not is yet to be seen. But yes I do also pray for all those that have greater needs than for their team to win at football. Have a great day!

Hmmmm do you want me to prove you wrong again.

So in trying to rationalize what should happen Friday night we have the Bel Air defense giving up a total of 109 points in two games. If the Eagles offense plays as well as it did against Coronado we should score between 31 and 35 points. However the thing is that the B A offense scored 34 points on the Chapin defense which is supposed to be pretty good. But the Eagle Defense has always done very well by us, so I believe this is where the game will be decided. If we have to pin victory on something,the Eagle Defense is a solid choice. Now for another matter that was touched on by my friend Mr. Longhorn and that is Brooks' "celestial connection". Is Brooks a deity? NO he is not! However there is no doubt that he does have that "celestial connection". My thought on the matter is that Brooks lays somewhere between "Angel of the Lord" and Sainthood. What are your thoughts on that?

Great Job to those Highlanders man I've been EATING CROW SINCE 1 Q.BIG TIME AGAIN HATS OFF TO BA.

Quote: Flint
Great Job to those Highlanders man I've been EATING CROW SINCE 1 Q.BIG TIME AGAIN HATS OFF TO BA.

I looked up the score and thought it was a joke!

Bel air brought it tonight no excuses, good for them!

TRANSPLANT
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
HOW DOES THAT HIGHLANDER A$$ WOOPIN TASTE?

Quote: purple wave
TRANSPLANT

Atleast our school team has gone 5 rounds in the playoffs. What has Bel Air done

TRANSPLANT

Atleast our school team has gone 5 rounds in the playoffs. What has Bel Air done
Aaaaannnnddd there it is again!!! Enough with that crap already it's been played out! Good job Bell Air and thank you for cooking some humble pie

Hahaha cupcake defense ,

#HIGHLANDERSTATEBOUND

HOW MANY MORE YEARS OF THAT ARE WE GOING TO HAVE TO ENDURE!!

However many years it takes Franklin to get past the 3rd round bro. Which should be, let's say about, NEVER! Hahahaha!!!

TRANSPLANT

Don't be a sore loser. Man up and congratulate Bel Air.

Quote: Exposed
Hahaha cupcake defense ,

#HIGHLANDERSTATEBOUND

Alright, don't get ahead of yourselves either.

Overrated they beat Socorro and Coronado and thought they were going three deep!!! Upper valley has been and always will be a joke!!!

TRANSPLANT

Too bad that 2014 season doesn't give you an automatic win for this game. Guess you should start focusing on this season and not 3 years ago...

Quote: Flint

Hey flint !!! I think Bel Air understands you went 5 deep now !!!! They showed you that number twice !!! 55 hahahaha !!! Just messing with you bro... tough loss but it's not the end of the world !!!! sometimes a team doesn't play to their potential and it is what it is.... Looks like Bel Air jumped on canutillo early !!! and not having a passing game hurt them ..... I'm sure canutillo will bounce back there's alot of football left !!! and one loss does not define your season being able to put 34 points up offensively is a positive ...team just needs to take it one game at a time and regroup !!!! By the way thanks!!! for volunteering to eat some of that crow I had left from last week !!! LOL !!! Canuts will be okay man !!!! and they still have to be respected on any given game day no matter what happens !!!!

This exactly... congrats to Bel Air on a good GAME. 1 does not define a season. My money says Canutillo will progress deeper in the playoffs. This is where superior coaching comes into play. There is a problem and Brooks will waste no time in getting it fixed. Patience...

This exactly... congrats to Bel Air on a good GAME. 1 does not define a season. My money says Canutillo will progress deeper in the playoffs. This is where superior coaching comes into play. There is a problem and Brooks will waste no time in getting it fixed. Patience...

It was Bel Air!!!! Canutillo is done for the season.

Upset of the week!

F U!

Quote: Big
F U!

This post by Big tells us that a cloud of frustration is hovering over Canutillo island. D'oh!"

Quote: Oscar

Oscar, you are an idiot. One game doesnt define a team. Maybe thats why your team always suck. Bel Air is a good team that can sneak up on a lot of teams. 2-5A better not relax. I will not be surprised if they end up in the playoffs this year. Canutillo played horribly the first half, but all the credit goes to Bel Air. They were ready. We'll took the L but next week we'll bounce back. Canutillo = resiliency. Nothing that Oscar the douchebag troll would know anything about.

Quote: ......

Oscar, you are an idiot. One game doesnt define a team. Maybe thats why your team always suck. Bel Air is a good team that can sneak up on a lot of teams. 2-5A better not relax. I will not be surprised if they end up in the playoffs this year. Canutillo played horribly the first half, but all the credit goes to Bel Air. They were ready. We'll took the L but next week we'll bounce back. Canutillo = resiliency. Nothing that Oscar the douchebag troll would know anything about.

Bud I don't want to hear anything about trolling. Canutillo fans troll every thread to being up the 2014 season. Bel Air won and won convincingly. I believe Coach Brooks will have the Eagles ready for their next game, but just because someone points out a Canutillo loss doesn't mean they are an idiot. Just take the loss and move on.

Quote: EP Football Fan

Bud I don't want to hear anything about trolling. Canutillo fans troll every thread to being up the 2014 season. Bel Air won and won convincingly. I believe Coach Brooks will have the Eagles ready for their next game, but just because someone points out a Canutillo loss doesn't mean they are an idiot. Just take the loss and move on.

Almost everyone likes to kick a team when they are down, including some Canutillo fans. But saying a team is done for losing to a team on the rise without actually seeing the game, is undisputedly idiotic. Bel Air will make the playoffs this year. And yes they beat Canutillo decisively. Doesn't mean they are done. Trolling should be called out, you should too.

Almost everyone likes to kick a team when they are down, including some Canutillo fans. But saying a team is done for losing to a team on the rise without actually seeing the game, is undisputedly idiotic. Bel Air will make the playoffs this year. And yes they beat Canutillo decisively. Doesn't mean they are done. Trolling should be called out, you should too.

I didn't kick a team down nor did I say they were done. Just pointed out Canutillo fans getting upset about trolling when they do it all the time. But whatever you say bud. I am done arguing with walls.

This upset here should have had multiple articles written about by sports editors here in El Paso and all over the State but noooooooooo poor Bel Air can't get any love.

I didn't kick a team down nor did I say they were done. Just pointed out Canutillo fans getting upset about trolling when they do it all the time. But whatever you say bud. I am done arguing with walls.

Apparently, you are having conversations with walls. Arguing is not the same as discussing. Don't jump into a conversation and then pretend to take the high road. See you later BUD.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m