Forum: EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Week 4: (0-3) Socorro Bulldogs Vs. (3-0) Montwood Rams (District Game)

The winless Socorro Bulldogs return to the SAC to take on the #1 ranked team in the city, the undefeated Montwood Rams in a thurday night game. Moreover, many people thought that tonight's game against Burges would an easy game for the Rams. Well they couldn't have been more wrong. Burges came to win and it showed on the field. So I take my hat off to Burges for playing a helluva game tonight. But it's time to move on to Socorro.

Re: Week 4: (0-3) Socorro Bulldogs Vs. (3-0) Montwood Rams (District Game)

Socorro always plays Montwood tuff as nails and I don't expect this year to be any different. Many knew Burgess was gonna be tuff just like last year too. Good job Rams on the victory and let's focus on the Bulldogs this Thursday. Go Rams

Blowout without a doubt

Quote: Cats32
Socorro always plays Montwood tuff as nails and I don't expect this year to be any different. Many knew Burgess was gonna be tuff just like last year too. Good job Rams on the victory and let's focus on the Bulldogs this Thursday. Go Rams

Socorro had a stronger team last year. Don't see them winning any games in 6A, maybe not even close to competing. Good luck to them, may they get ****** off and prove me wrong.

The upcoming bye week may work in Socorro's favor against Montwood.

Boaz let's be honest, you just want Montwood to lose. It's okay man you can admit it.

The Rams should win this game easily but I said the same thing against Burges and they almost won. So anything is possible.

Quote: Curious
Boaz let's be honest, you just want Montwood to lose. It's okay man you can admit it.
You can tell that Boaz is a Eastllake parent, and has close ties with some Montwood players and parents. ..

I personally think Burges didn't almost win 26-48 is not almost.

Last year Socorro almost took it but were one point short this year Socorro may have the upper hand in this one

Your a funny guy won't even be close.

As I'm reading these comments I'm remembering 2 years ago when the freshman team shocked the world and beat Montwood. I think it was the only win by the Socorro team that year and Montwood was strong. Just something about this matchup apparently...

Quote: Spartandad
As I'm reading these comments I'm remembering 2 years ago when the freshman team shocked the world and beat Montwood. I think it was the only win by the Socorro team that year and Montwood was strong. Just something about this matchup apparently...

Wow Freshman, you sure do know a lot about Montwoods history.
You should have enrolled your son in Montwood since you Love us so much.

Rams going to domineat!!!

Quote: Firehouse
Rams going to domineat!!!

Don't get overconfident.

Goliaths highly favored teams have been known to fall from time to time.

That loss was because our freshman coach went in with the attitude that it was an easy win. He passed the attitude down to the kids. My kid came home and told us coach said he will only play a couple of downs and then the other kids can play because it will be an easy win. That is exactly how Montwood lost that game. Overconfidence and underestimating your opponent. But trust me, the coaches we have now will not make the same mistake. Montwood will be ALL GAS AND NO BRAKES.

Quote: East

Still sore over that loss I see.

I'm worried Coaches may try to save their top players against Socorro for the upcoming ELD game on Oct 6. If so, my advice to the Coach is to play to win regardless of your opponent. And never underestimate teams.

You keep bringing up past losses for Montwood. So Montwood should beat Pebble Hills this year like all game past years. Team change every year kids come and go coaches change, offense change. Good luck in district.

Quote: East

Still sore over that loss I see.

We know where your heart is, Montwood !

MW 7
Socorro 0

14-0 MW 1st qtr

21-7. MW

28-7 MW 3rd qtr

28-14 MW 4th qtr

34-14 MW 4th qtr

37-14 MW 5:30 remaining in the game

Montwood showed absolutely no dominance. Very disappointing.

Quote: Eastsider
Agreed. A very lackluster performance. Passing and running game just could not get going at all.

Turnovers and penalties sisnt help either

Turnovers and penalties didn't help either, but now time to focus on the Aztecs

Not making excuses but backups played most of the game. In any case a win is a win no matter how you look at it.

They won by 23 points.... that isn't dominant enough? Lol 😂

Lol I'm sitting here thinking the same thing! Thought that was a blowout

Quote: Rams
Not making excuses but backups played most of the game. In any case a win is a win no matter how you look at it.

This performance will come back and bite them in theass.

Quote: Rams

This performance will come back and bite them in theass.

How so?

I thought it was a good game. Montwood established a run game. Down key players for the game and the next man stepped up. Can't please everyone but I'm surprised the of some of the comments I'm reading from ram parents. Defense had like 5 turnovers except for a few outside runs they stopped Socorro.

Quote: Cats32
Agreed. A very lackluster performance. Passing and running game just could not get going at all.

I wish you guys could hear what you sound like to the rest of us. It's like the richest 1% complaining about only making a couple millions on a transaction.

Great teams knowing they are great enough to be district contenders and playoff bound will always do their best to keep their top players or starters healthy for down the road better competition and better opponents. This most all coaches follow to a T and do which does not take a genius to see the benefits of it but that does come with some consequences as well.

Season is long so having your top players or starters healthy is key everyone knows this. The only thing that concerns me about this wisdom is that these are high school football athletes they are not college or pro athletes where you can simply turn on and off the talent and experience switch. I don't want to get into detail of what a high school athlete is or does in his life. Let's just say they are not college and pro athlete lifestyles and or experiences or what have you.

When coaches bench their top players or starters they are missing out on getting better, improving, gaining more experience all around, which is essential when they eventually play much better teams. Yes I know you geniuses out there think and say what if you leave your top players and starters in the game and they suffer an injury then what? I know but that is the risk coaches should take in my opinion because besides who is to say those players couldn't have gotten hurt at the start of the game even on the very first play? I have seen it happen first hand many a times.

So if a coach believes in that and does not want their top players or starters getting hurt against a weaker team who they should easily defeat then why then even put the top players or starters in and taking the risk of them suffering an injury early in the game. So in essence the coach is already risking his top players or starters and the truth with this is that the coach believes he is in control of when an injury can or may occur.

In my mind teams, coaches and players should play to the best of their ability always no matter who their opponent is on the other side and if you happen to beat them 100 to 0 so be it. This 100 to 0 will make the winning team better all around as well as the entire program and all that it entails and it will really push the losing team to wake up or else you will continue to be embarrassed every week and a 100 to 0 score will certainly put the losing coaches on notice instead of them keeping their job, receiving a pay check, thanks to the better teams who work their butts off in the classroom, practice and weight room, game plan better, and not running up the score on their team.

The team winning by a bunch and not taking out their top players or starters right away will be better for it in the long run not only with improvement on their game, gaining more experience, confidence, mentally, and instilling intimidation on next opponent and or opponents.

Once again I understand it goes both ways but my take on this is a team should never slow down their gears for they ought to remain very well oiled and sharp and clicking and finely tuned as better opponents are on the horizon.

Before anyone jumps on me about this post of mine as being stupid. First go look at history during the playoffs and see how out of teams with a record of either 5-5 or 5-6 beats El Paso teams with a record of either 9-1 or 10-1.

Quote: Rover
Great teams knowing they are great enough to be district contenders and playoff bound will always do their best to keep their top players or starters healthy for down the road better competition and better opponents. This most all coaches follow to a T and do which does not take a genius to see the benefits of it but that does come with some consequences as well.

Season is long so having your top players or starters healthy is key everyone knows this. The only thing that concerns me about this wisdom is that these are high school football athletes they are not college or pro athletes where you can simply turn on and off the talent and experience switch. I don't want to get into detail of what a high school athlete is or does in his life. Let's just say they are not college and pro athlete lifestyles and or experiences or what have you.

When coaches bench their top players or starters they are missing out on getting better, improving, gaining more experience all around, which is essential when they eventually play much better teams. Yes I know you geniuses out there think and say what if you leave your top players and starters in the game and they suffer an injury then what? I know but that is the risk coaches should take in my opinion because besides who is to say those players couldn't have gotten hurt at the start of the game even on the very first play? I have seen it happen first hand many a times.

So if a coach believes in that and does not want their top players or starters getting hurt against a weaker team who they should easily defeat then why then even put the top players or starters in and taking the risk of them suffering an injury early in the game. So in essence the coach is already risking his top players or starters and the truth with this is that the coach believes he is in control of when an injury can or may occur.

In my mind teams, coaches and players should play to the best of their ability always no matter who their opponent is on the other side and if you happen to beat them 100 to 0 so be it. This 100 to 0 will make the winning team better all around as well as the entire program and all that it entails and it will really push the losing team to wake up or else you will continue to be embarrassed every week and a 100 to 0 score will certainly put the losing coaches on notice instead of them keeping their job, receiving a pay check, thanks to the better teams who work their butts off in the classroom, practice and weight room, game plan better, and not running up the score on their team.

The team winning by a bunch and not taking out their top players or starters right away will be better for it in the long run not only with improvement on their game, gaining more experience, confidence, mentally, and instilling intimidation on next opponent and or opponents.

Once again I understand it goes both ways but my take on this is a team should never slow down their gears for they ought to remain very well oiled and sharp and clicking and finely tuned as better opponents are on the horizon.

Before anyone jumps on me about this post of mine as being stupid. First go look at history during the playoffs and see how out of teams with a record of either 5-5 or 5-6 beats El Paso teams with a record of either 9-1 or 10-1.

Sup Rover, agree and disagree. You know that when your the Top Team in the City, every opponent will play their best against you. You see it at Collage and Pro level. To all you negative commentators and on EPG, unless you played the sport, you will never know.

What we saw was a repeat of last season's game, whereby Coach Fami didn't show MWs complete arsenal on offense. And that my have been by choice or because three of MWs starting WRs were recovering from injuries and didn't see much action, so MW was never able to establish the passing game. However, MW QB Andrew Fernandez and the RBs had a pretty decent game running the football. But it was MWs defense that sealed the win by causing several turnovers during critical times in the game when Socorro was moving the ball.

I truly believe that coach Fama played players he had available to play. True we were missing our top two receivers until Fama used #4 in the fourth quarter. But Montwood showed that we can run the ball if needed. We should be healthy by El Dorado and be more explosive in that game.

As great as they are playing now, not unbeatable

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m