EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cedarious Barfield and The El Dorado Aztecs

Can dual-threat QB Cedarious Barfield lead the battle hardened Aztecs to the promise land and win district???

Re: Cedarious Barfield and The El Dorado Aztecs

I am going to have to say no. I don't see a single team beating Montwood, but El Dorado only has that one player and teams see that. I'm curious to see if they even make the playoffs. It will be a toss up between them and Franklin.

EP Football Fan
I am going to have to say no. I don't see a single team beating Montwood, but El Dorado only has that one player and teams see that. I'm curious to see if they even make the playoffs. It will be a toss up between them and Franklin.

Franklin not going anywhere.

I promise you sleep on Franklin and you're going to see what's up, they didn't have a cupcake schedule like everybody else.

Eldos winning days are over, they can't rely on one player and next year when's he gone they have no one, I beailve 2 years ago there freshman team went 4-6 or 3-7 don't quite remember

Edgar
EP Football Fan

Franklin not going anywhere.

El Dorado doesn't look much better bud.

We will soon find out which team's Pre-District schedule paid off. A lot of people fail to look at who the team's have played in Pre-District.

For instance

Americas played New Mexico Champions Rio Rancho
Americas played Del Valle and they are always tough at home
Americas played Midland Christian who beat Eastwood and are also undefeated

El Dorado played Eastlake who is always a playoff team
El Dorado played Frenship in Lubbock Texas
El Dorado played Midland Lee in Midland

Franklin played Midland
Franklin played Permian in Odessa Texas
Franklin played Copperas Cove in Andrews Texas

Montwood played Frenship
Montwood played Midland
Montwood played Burges

Pebble Hills played Irvin
Pebble Hills played Andress
Pebble Hills played Chapin

Eastwood played Midland Christian
Eastwood played Bel Air
Eastwood played Odessa Permian

Some of you people fail to see the big picture. A team that is 0-3 who played a tough Pre-District schedule can beat a 3-0 team who did not play a not so tough Pre-District schedule.

Things will soon be sorted out as the real games are coming up D'oh!"

Pebble hills is 3-0 against 5-A schools and will still be a tough team to beat against the other 6-A schools, watch out for the Spartans

Fan
Pebble hills is 3-0 against 5-A schools and will still be a tough team to beat against the other 6-A schools, watch out for the Spartans

Easy there. Turn down the optimism and faith dial several notches. Law of attraction don't work on the football field only hard work and teamwork does.

Homer don't hate on Pebble Hills but Homer does see that Pebble Hills beat a Irvin team that is losing to every other team it has played. Irvin not beating no one this year. Pebble Hills beat a Andress team that is struggling against other teams.

Read that and let it marinate for a little while then reply. If you post law of attraction and hope with a sprinkle of faith it tells me that you did not read my post and especially did not let it marinate. D'oh!"

HomerG.O.A.T.
Fan

Easy there. Turn down the optimism and faith dial several notches. Law of attraction don't work on the football field only hard work and teamwork does.

Homer don't hate on Pebble Hills but Homer does see that Pebble Hills beat a Irvin team that is losing to every other team it has played. Irvin not beating no one this year. Pebble Hills beat a Andress team that is struggling against other teams.

Read that and let it marinate for a little while then reply. If you post law of attraction and hope with a sprinkle of faith it tells me that you did not read my post and especially did not let it marinate. D'oh!"

Hey Homer what about Chapin? They beat Bel Air who just beat the crap out of Canutillo and they beat a good Eastlake team. I am not a Pebble Hills fan but please realize that they are senior loaded and their wins are legit. I'll give credit where credit is due. They may not win district but I guarantee they finish in the top 4.

EP Football Fan
HomerG.O.A.T.
Fan

Hey Homer what about Chapin? They beat Bel Air who just beat the crap out of Canutillo and they beat a good Eastlake team. I am not a Pebble Hills fan but please realize that they are senior loaded and their wins are legit. I'll give credit where credit is due. They may not win district but I guarantee they finish in the top 4.

Chapin? Chapin is the most inconsistent team in all of West Texas. Some have said on here that Chapin is in dire need of an entirely new coaching staff and I have to agree with them on this.

Bel Air? What all of a sudden Bel Air is a powerhouse in El Paso? If you think so then you are saying that whomever beats Canutillo automatically by default is labeled a powerhouse. D'oh!"

HomerG.O.A.T.
EP Football Fan
HomerG.O.A.T.
Fan

Chapin? Chapin is the most inconsistent team in all of West Texas. Some have said on here that Chapin is in dire need of an entirely new coaching staff and I have to agree with them on this.

Bel Air? What all of a sudden Bel Air is a powerhouse in El Paso? If you think so then you are saying that whomever beats Canutillo automatically by default is labeled a powerhouse. D'oh!"

Never said powerhouse buddy. Should Montwood be considered a crappy team because they went 1-9 a couple years ago? Should Canutillo be considered an average team because they went 5-5 in 2015? Never said Bel Air was a powerhouse just that they have a pretty good team this year. If you feel Chapin should get an entire new coaching staff then please put an application in, but if you aren't then please stop calling for jobs from the comfort of your home. D'oh!

East
Eldos winning days are over, they can't rely on one player and next year when's he gone they have no one, I beailve 2 years ago there freshman team went 4-6 or 3-7 don't quite remember

I believe they won 1 or 2 games and one of those was Gadsden. Sadly El Do is a 1 man team. They are suffering from the Pebble Hills effect. Cedarius will keep them competitive but you take him out of the equation & they are a below average team. I think they will struggle to make the playoffs.

HomerG.O.A.T.
We will soon find out which team's Pre-District schedule paid off. A lot of people fail to look at who the team's have played in Pre-District.

For instance

Americas played New Mexico Champions Rio Rancho
Americas played Del Valle and they are always tough at home
Americas played Midland Christian who beat Eastwood and are also undefeated

El Dorado played Eastlake who is always a playoff team
El Dorado played Frenship in Lubbock Texas
El Dorado played Midland Lee in Midland

Franklin played Midland
Franklin played Permian in Odessa Texas
Franklin played Copperas Cove in Andrews Texas

Montwood played Frenship
Montwood played Midland
Montwood played Burges

Pebble Hills played Irvin
Pebble Hills played Andress
Pebble Hills played Chapin

Eastwood played Midland Christian
Eastwood played Bel Air
Eastwood played Odessa Permian

Some of you people fail to see the big picture. A team that is 0-3 who played a tough Pre-District schedule can beat a 3-0 team who did not play a not so tough Pre-District schedule.

Things will soon be sorted out as the real games are coming up D'oh!"

Very true. good Post

Barfield is a one man show for ELD. But once teams figure out how to contain him by forcing him to pass instead of run, teams will be better off.

Barfield is a one man show and a run first QB. He is also a major impact player for the Aztecs. Once defenses realize this they can develop an effective defense to contain him. But that's why he's a D-1 Recruit!

Ghostwriter
Barfield is a one man show and a run first QB. He is also a major impact player for the Aztecs. Once defenses realize this they can develop an effective defense to contain him. But that's why he's a D-1 Recruit!

Teams couldn't stop him last year. DISTRICT CHAMPS

They can try to slow him down but he will get his.

Aztecs
Ghostwriter

Teams couldn't stop him last year. DISTRICT CHAMPS

They can try to slow him down but he will get his.

CO-District Champs ( 3 way Tie )

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m