Forum: EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Just a suggestion...

If I could just make a suggestion to Epgridiron. There are so many gridiron studs in this great football city. Maybe you could rotate feature photos on the cover page a little more frequently. We have been seeing Barfield (very deserving player) on the cover for about 4 months. I would rotate that photo at least weekly during the season.

Re: Just a suggestion...

Unless EP Gridiron has some special criteria for a player to be featured on their main page, I think it's a good idea to feature a different player each week.

I am pretty sure those are just the kids that have been offered scholarships that EP Gridiron knows about. If there are any others y'all should let them know

For years EPG would feature different players from different teams on their front page and on a daily basis. Obviously this year so far they are not doing that. Maybe now they only care about those local players who have Division 1 offers. They are probably changing their format or the way they do things.

So my thinking is when a kid or kids get a Division 1 offer or offers I am sure EPG will most likely feature him or them on their front page.

You know EPG does highlight and feature players on their youtube page and their twitter and facebook pages and I think they do a great job.

But yeah it would be great if we saw different players on their front page again like years past because afterall I am sure there are alot of kids out there from youth football, middle school football to high school football that have been wanting and dreaming to someday be on the front page of EPG.

It's only natural to want more for our kids but we should appreciate what EP Gridiron has done and been doing.

El Paso HS football teams and its players have their Booster Clubs featuring them on their twitter and facebook pages and they also have

El Paso Times
El Paso Harold Post
KROD 600am
Borderland Blitz
NC9 overtime
Football Fever 4

I say that is more than enough for the teams and players of our local area.

Look in my opinion EP Gridiron does not need to upload videos or post pictures or have a twitter or facebook page. All they should have is this EP Gridiron forum and that's it. The booster clubs and local media already do more than enough featuring El Paso HS football teams and its players.

Quote: Bears3-0
It's only natural to want more for our kids but we should appreciate what EP Gridiron has done and been doing.

I agree. We love our kids and we want the best for them. The problem is that EPG does such a great job highlighting football here in El Paso and this forum is great that we all want more from EPG.

Quote: Eastsider
El Paso HS football teams and its players have their Booster Clubs featuring them on their twitter and facebook pages and they also have

El Paso Times
El Paso Harold Post
KROD 600am
Borderland Blitz
NC9 overtime
Football Fever 4

I say that is more than enough for the teams and players of our local area.

Look in my opinion EP Gridiron does not need to upload videos or post pictures or have a twitter or facebook page. All they should have is this EP Gridiron forum and that's it. The booster clubs and local media already do more than enough featuring El Paso HS football teams and its players.

Eastsider you're right the El Paso local area football teams and football players receive more than enough coverage by the local media but when EP Gridiron does video stuff like this EP Gridiron is priceless.

EP Gridiron brings something special that separates them from the local media reason why a lot of people including myself want alot more out of EP Gridiron.

EP Gridiron ought to have a magazine

EP Gridiron the Magazine

Quote: Rudy

EP Gridiron the Magazine

Forget them doing a magazine that is dumb because that is what they already have with this website and their social media pages and youtube videos. What they should have is a Weekly live show. That would be cool!!!

Quote: Williams

EP Gridiron the Magazine

Forget them doing a magazine that is dumb because that is what they already have with this website and their social media pages and youtube videos. What they should have is a Weekly live show. That would be cool!!!

A Live weekly show is a great idea. Instead of EP Gridiron getting coaches to be on the show they should get players and from time to time have people who post in this forum on their show.

Not trying to rain on y'alls parade, but there is a reason they will not do that stuff and that is because of money. They tried to make this sight better by charging people for it and nobody would pay, so now it is pretty basic as far as design and features.

Quote: Curious
Not trying to rain on y'alls parade, but there is a reason they will not do that stuff and that is because of money. They tried to make this sight better by charging people for it and nobody would pay, so now it is pretty basic as far as design and features.

Finally someone said it. I wanted to post that but noone likes to talk about reality instead most like to dream.

It takes money to make things and especially to make things better. Last year if we all remember EP Gridiron was asking for donations as they were going to shutdown. I donated but not many did. Anyways we as parents and the players are lucky to still have EP Gridiron around. I donated last year because I really believe having EP Gridiron around inspires our players and inspires the local media and booster clubs to do a better job which is a win win for the teams and all of El Paso football in general.

It's not what EP Gridiron should do for us it's what we should do for EP Gridiron.

Show EP Gridiron the money and if you're not going to show EP Gridiron the money then don't post suggestions to them or ask them for things just be content you are getting stuff for free from them.

EPGridiron can easily change the content of their main page as they already have a website and have content like videos and pictures and they have done it every season before this season.

EPGridiron can easily do a live show as they already have a youtube account and you can stream live on youtube.

EPGridiron can easily do a magazine as they must know a lot of photographers by looking at all the photos they upload on their social media pages.

EPGridiron can easily write articles on teams, players, and games as that is easy to do.

EPGridiron can easily sell EPGridiron gear as EPGridiron is well known.

EPGridiron can easily have a EPGridiron Bowl Game as they are popular and EP Gridiron is well known.

There must be a reason why EPGridiron is not doing all of that and a whole lot more and the reason of not doing a lot more can't only be about the money thing. Something else must be the reason.

Maybe donating a little cash to epgridiron n maybe they'll put your kid on the front page!

Quote: EHSFalcons
EPGridiron can easily change the content of their main page as they already have a website and have content like videos and pictures and they have done it every season before this season.

EPGridiron can easily do a live show as they already have a youtube account and you can stream live on youtube.

EPGridiron can easily do a magazine as they must know a lot of photographers by looking at all the photos they upload on their social media pages.

EPGridiron can easily write articles on teams, players, and games as that is easy to do.

EPGridiron can easily have a EPGridiron Bowl Game as they are popular and EP Gridiron is well known.

There must be a reason why EPGridiron is not doing all of that and a whole lot more and the reason of not doing a lot more can't only be about the money thing. Something else must be the reason.

Again, they did all that before and last year they asked for donations so they could continue to do that and more. Everything you listed takes time and time is not free. If you remember EPGridiron used to write out the schedule a for each team, now it is a link to the district schedule. They are making the sight very basic because they aren't making any money off of it. At least they left the forum up.

I also noticed that about the schedules. EP Gridiron for years had team schedules with game finals and also with coaching records. I no longer see them on the site. They don't even have their MVP page anymore.

What more do you all want??? They upload videos on youtube and they post lots of stuff on their twitter, facebook and instagram pages. If you ask me that's way more than enough especially if they are not getting paid for what they are doing. If some of you want more from them contact them and write them a check or give them some cash and then give them your suggestions or ideas.

We all want more from EPG.

I will say this and I know others would agree. If EPG was not around El Paso HS football would not be so loud. What I mean by loud is that EP Gridiron is screaming LOOK AT EL PASO HS FOOTBALL to the world through the internet. EPG makes me follow El Paso HS football. They make El Paso HS football exciting. Lets all just be happy they are still doing what they are doing for El Paso HS football.

EP Gridiron the Magazine

I know some people who started a El Paso football magazine some years back and they didn't last long. They lasted only 2 seasons. They did not make any money off of it and local businesses were not interested in getting their business ads in it. So a magazine is a very bad idea.

a EP GRIDIRON BOWL game would be perfect!!!

The best El Paso junior and senior players playing the best Las Cruces junior and senior players. Yeah I know most high school coaches won't approve of the juniors playing in this Bowl game as they don't want them to get injured for the following season but yeah anyways it would still be successful with only seniors. I said juniors because there are a lot of juniors that are more talented than seniors and juniors would have the opportunity to get noticed by college scouts. Anyways yeah a EP GRIDIRON BOWL game would kickass!!!

Quote: ProudDad

The best El Paso junior and senior players playing the best Las Cruces junior and senior players. Yeah I know most high school coaches won't approve of the juniors playing in this Bowl game as they don't want them to get injured for the following season but yeah anyways it would still be successful with only seniors. I said juniors because there are a lot of juniors that are more talented than seniors and juniors would have the opportunity to get noticed by college scouts. Anyways yeah a EP GRIDIRON BOWL game would kickass!!!

Makes no sense they already have the GEPFS at the end of the season.

Quote: EP to Brownsville

You must have not read my entire post. The Gepfs is great for the kids but there can be another game. A different game much bigger and more enticing for college scouts.

EP GRIDIRON BOWL
EL PASO'S best versus LAS CRUCES best

The EP GRIDIRON BOWL Game can rotate annually from Sun Bowl Stadium and Aggie Memorial Stadium.

The Real Battle of I-10

It would be a grand success!!! As some have said and it's true EP GRIDIRON is popular and very well known.

This is a no brainer. This should be done!!!

A EPG Bowl Game pinning EPTX vs LCNM is a fantastic idea. Take my money. I'm there

YES!!!

EP GRIDIRON BOWL

915 vs 575

DO IT EP GRIDIRON!!!

Quote: Spartandad
If I could just make a suggestion to Epgridiron. There are so many gridiron studs in this great football city. Maybe you could rotate feature photos on the cover page a little more frequently. We have been seeing Barfield (very deserving player) on the cover for about 4 months. I would rotate that photo at least weekly during the season.

I agree there are so many studs out there and it would be great to see them on EP Gridiron's main page. I'm sure EP Gridiron has a bunch load of photos and videos on players. They should put photos and videos to feature players that are doing well right now on their main page. I don't know why they don't do it. My guess would be that they don't want to fuss with changing their main page and twitter and facebook pages. They might see that as double and triple work for them and pointless who knows. As it is I notice that what they put on twitter they also put on facebook. That's double work for them and for them to change their main page also would be more work for them and if they are not receiving financial support or being sponsored or whatever I can see why they don't do more and if this is the reason I can understand why they don't do a lot more.

Enough already! Get Division 1 offers and you will most likely be featured on the front page.

Quote: Eastsider
Quote: Spartandad

I agree there are so many studs out there and it would be great to see them on EP Gridiron's main page. I'm sure EP Gridiron has a bunch load of photos and videos on players. They should put photos and videos to feature players that are doing well right now on their main page. I don't know why they don't do it. My guess would be that they don't want to fuss with changing their main page and twitter and facebook pages. They might see that as double and triple work for them and pointless who knows. As it is I notice that what they put on twitter they also put on facebook. That's double work for them and for them to change their main page also would be more work for them and if they are not receiving financial support or being sponsored or whatever I can see why they don't do more and if this is the reason I can understand why they don't do a lot more.

YYeah, and the studs are at FruityVille Pebble.

Keep asking EP Gridiron for stuff looks like they are listening to you you spoiled brats. lol

Their front page has been changed.

It's reasonable to rotate headliners..... Why not?

Wait is this a childrens forum??? Lol why so much complaining?

Quote: PopsFC5
It's reasonable to rotate headliners..... Why not?

That's what I say. EPG has rotated their main page every year since I started coming here in 2006. It's great for the athletes to be on EPG's main page. Thanks EPG

I'm new to the grid but do appreciate everything they do, I usually keep up via Facebook, but I've been missing out om some decent discussions.

Quote: PopsFC5
I'm new to the grid but do appreciate everything they do, I usually keep up via Facebook, but I've been missing out om some decent discussions.

Yes there are great discussions that take place in here and sadly a couple not so great discussions that go on. You just have to sort through them and find what interest you and ignore others that's what I do. I've been enjoying this message board for years. There have been great discussions. Sometimes the discussions are slow and you will hear crickets and then boom all of a sudden everyone is posting comments and replying. Happens like a rush at a restaurant no joke.

I can't believe EP Gridiron gave in to your demands you freeloaders.

Quote: Aztecs
I can't believe EP Gridiron gave in to your demands you freeloaders.

Chill out Aztec. Read the subject title of this thread.

JUST A SUGGESTION

EP Gridiron should feature a couple more players on their home page. Bowie is doing good and so is Austin.

They could have atleast put the Spartan's Dad Son#9 Caleb Gerber on the cover since he started the suggestions.

Quote: Supers
They could have atleast put the Spartan's Dad Son#9 Caleb Gerber on the cover since he started the suggestions.
maybe if he tossed some money their way he'd be on the cover.

Quote: Supers

That kid already has been plastered enough all over El Paso times and the media in town.

Bet anyone $100 they leave Ezekiel Jones on their front page for 2 to 3 weeks. They probably getting him additional exposure for recruits. Hearing that EPG already sent footage on Jones and other playas to recruits all over the country.

Hey cool we got a new Pic!

If you are one of those individuals who wants more out of EP Gridiron this truth will possibly sting a little and make you scratch your head.

EP Gridiron has a videographer at every game and sometimes they have 2 videographers at games and during the playoffs they have 3 up to 4 videographers at the game. Like I said it's going to sting but you have been warned.

What EP Gridiron uploads to their youtube page is a very small no extremely tiny percentage of the games they video record. Most all of their footage is used for recruiting purposes that they email privately to college recruiters and they also send out dvds to college recruiters plus they do projects for parents and booster clubs. Think about it. EP Gridiron does not upload a lot of video highlights online because the booster clubs are going to sell the dvds at the end of the season. If EP Gridiron was to upload alot of video highlights online then noone would buy the dvds from the booster clubs. There is alot more to all this. Anyways this is what they do and what they primarily focus on. EP Gridiron does alot more offline than online.

Don't believe TheTruth?
QUESTION
Have you ever seen EP Gridiron videographers at a game then wait for them to upload video highlights of that game to their youtube page? Days, weeks, months pass and video highlights of that game where you saw EP Gridiron videographers at were never uploaded. EP Gridiron does not upload all their videos nor even all the photos from their network of photographers. Imagine if they did? As it is EP Gridiron is already known by many throughout.

Like I said there is a lot more to all of this and I thought I would share this truth with those asking for more out of EP Gridiron. Some of you already knew all of this and I'm sure know lots of other things about EP Gridiron that I don't. Anyways thought I would share some truth for those that did not know and are questioning why EP Gridiron does not do this or do that or simply do more. There's a reason behind it all.

Quote: EP to Brownsville

You must have not read my entire post. The Gepfs is great for the kids but there can be another game. A different game much bigger and more enticing for college scouts.

EP GRIDIRON BOWL
EL PASO'S best versus LAS CRUCES best

The EP GRIDIRON BOWL Game can rotate annually from Sun Bowl Stadium and Aggie Memorial Stadium.

The Real Battle of I-10

It would be a grand success!!! As some have said and it's true EP GRIDIRON is popular and very well known.

This is a no brainer. This should be done!!!

A Bowl Game pinning El Paso vs Las Cruces would be perfect for the HS athletes of both cities.

Ok that Eastlake jones kid has been up there for practically a week can EP Gridiron rotate another pic please.

Come on EPG we know you have tons of photos.

Hankins is now featured on EP Gridiron's main page and deservingly so and I hope it stays up for weeks! Thank you EP Gridiron

Quote: NE
Hankins is now featured on EP Gridiron's main page and deservingly so and I hope it stays up for weeks! Thank you EP Gridiron

That's a great pic of Hankins

Hankins already has Div1 offers. EPG ought to feature other players who are under the radar like they did with Ezekiel Jones. EPG should get more players some face time by putting them out there.

EP Gridiron needs to feature Karch Gardiner

I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. Why is it EPGridirons job to get these kids a scholarship? If these kids want a scholarship they should be contacting teams themselves. They need to be sending out film on themselves to whichever program they would like a shot at. They should be asking their coaches to help them reach out to colleges and universities, but it is not EPGridiron's responsibility. Hankins did not receive a scholarship because of this website putting him on their home page. EPGridiron should feature the top athletes in the city regardless of scholarships or not. If you want to get your kid a scholarship, then send his film out to different programs. Take the initiative yourself and stop asking other people to do it for you. If you don't like my comment I'm sorry, but this needed to be said.

EPG in years past had a slideshow at times on their home page rotating photos of several players. It would rotate automatically like every 3 to 5 seconds. I would see it so I know they can do it the million dollar question is why don't they do that?

Quote: Curious
I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. Why is it EPGridirons job to get these kids a scholarship? If these kids want a scholarship they should be contacting teams themselves. They need to be sending out film on themselves to whichever program they would like a shot at. They should be asking their coaches to help them reach out to colleges and universities, but it is not EPGridiron's responsibility. Hankins did not receive a scholarship because of this website putting him on their home page. EPGridiron should feature the top athletes in the city regardless of scholarships or not. If you want to get your kid a scholarship, then send his film out to different programs. Take the initiative yourself and stop asking other people to do it for you. If you don't like my comment I'm sorry, but this needed to be said.

I agree somewhat. It's noones responsibility but the players and their parents themselves. It's not even the players coaches responsibility. Players and especially their parent or parents need to work at getting the exposure. Go to camps. Get good grades. Do well on the field and off the field. Get inside the film room and gather the footage and put up your own highlights on hudl. Email the college coaches your highlights yourself. Do it and don't depend on EP Gridiron, Coaches, Recruiting websites, or anyone else for that matter.

Depend on yourself and parents only!!!

Quote: FarEastside
Bet anyone $100 they leave Ezekiel Jones on their front page for 2 to 3 weeks. They probably getting him additional exposure for recruits. Hearing that EPG already sent footage on Jones and other playas to recruits all over the country.

How about a Hispanic Kid on EPG Front page ?

I absolutely agree that players should not depend on their high school coaches to help them with the recruiting process. It is not the coaches responsibility whatsoever.

Players should cut their own out of the film that their coaches have someone shoot at all games.

Players should make sure their film looks appealing on hudl and not all crappy.

Players should attend camps but make sure they are not scam camps and ripoffs because there are a lot of camps that promise things like that division 1 recruiters will be present or whatever when in fact they will not be. Be careful with SCAMPS as I like to call them.

Players should stay on top of their academics with a good GPA and take that ACT or SAT and all that important stuff.

Players should register and be certified by the NCAA Eligibility Center

Players should open accounts on all recruiting websites all over the internet as possible not just one and don't only depend on hudl

Players should do well at games then pray and hope EP Gridiron, El Paso Times, and all the media post something about you because anything and everything helps because the honest truth is that there are millions upon millions of high school football players throughout the United States attempting to get the attention of recruiters. Getting a division 1 scholarship is like hitting the millions dollar lottery.

Quote: FarEastside

How about a Hispanic Kid on EPG Front page ?

Are you serious? Lol

You must barely be coming to EPG website for the first time this season.

For years EPG has posted different colored players on their front page. Green, purple, brown, black, yellow, orange pink and of many other colors.

EPG has been very colorful throughout the years.

EP Gridiron needs to cover more teams and be fair.

Quote: OFOD
EP Gridiron needs to cover more teams and be fair.

As much as I to would like EPG to cover my boy and his team a lot more EPG doesn't need to do anything.

Quote: BeastofNE
I absolutely agree that players should not depend on their high school coaches to help them with the recruiting process. It is not the coaches responsibility whatsoever.

Players should cut their own out of the film that their coaches have someone shoot at all games.

Players should attend camps but make sure they are not scam camps and ripoffs because there are a lot of camps that promise things like that division 1 recruiters will be present or whatever when in fact they will not be. Be careful with SCAMPS as I like to call them.

Players should stay on top of their academics with a good GPA and take that ACT or SAT and all that important stuff.

Players should open accounts on all recruiting websites all over the internet as possible not just one and don't only depend on hudl

Players should do well at games then pray and hope EP Gridiron, El Paso Times, and all the media post something about you because anything and everything helps because the honest truth is that there are millions upon millions of high school football players throughout the United States attempting to get the attention of recruiters. Getting a division 1 scholarship is like hitting the millions dollar lottery.

When you see EPG at games it's because parents hire them to go and make highlight tapes of their sons. While they're there they take video and post 30 seconds of highlights from a 3 hour game. Everything they do cost money and time and they don't do it for free, would you? We didn't want to support them last year but now you want to complain? You had your chance and unless you want to do their job then I suggest you relally appreciate what we have and enjoy.

You are right on Point. My son and I went through the process and you are exactly right. I had the opportunity to sit down and speak to a college coach and he said exactly what you are stating.

Quote: Kitty

When you see EPG at games it's because parents hire them to go and make highlight tapes of their sons. While they're there they take video and post 30 seconds of highlights from a 3 hour game. Everything they do cost money and time and they don't do it for free, would you? We didn't want to support them last year but now you want to complain? You had your chance and unless you want to do their job then I suggest you relally appreciate what we have and enjoy.

True EP Gridiron only uploads short videos. EP Gridiron has a handful of videographers at different games every week but they only upload a small percentage sometimes only 1 game of a specific week. For example look at their recent video of Montwood against El Dorado. Their video is only dedicated on Montwood. We all know El Dorado scored a lot also and had great plays on offense against Montwood so why doesn't EP Gridiron upload footage of El Dorado? Same thing with other games that have already occurred. It's obvious EP Gridiron doesn't upload all their stuff and like you said it's all about the Benjamin$.

Quote: Larry

True EP Gridiron only uploads short videos. EP Gridiron has a handful of videographers at different games every week but they only upload a small percentage sometimes only 1 game of a specific week. For example look at their recent video of Montwood against El Dorado. Their video is only dedicated on Montwood. We all know El Dorado scored a lot also and had great plays on offense against Montwood so why doesn't EP Gridiron upload footage of El Dorado? Same thing with other games that have already occurred. It's obvious EP Gridiron doesn't upload all their stuff and like you said it's all about the Benjamin$.

Maybe EPG also doesn't upload most of their video footage that they catch because people probably download EPG's videos and use it by making something out of it and calling it their own and maybe also selling it without EPG's permission.

Maybe EPG also doesn't upload most of their video footage that they catch because people probably download EPG's videos and use it by making something out of it and calling it their own and maybe also selling it without EPG's permission.

BeastofNE that just may be the reason as to why EP Gridiron does not upload a lot more of their footage from games people are possibly downloading EP Gridiron's videos and using it and trying to spruce up their website or their social media and to hype up their team. But as someone said EP Gridiron most likely does not upload all their footage from a lot of games because they have contracts and give DVDs at the end of the season to parents and also to booster clubs for them to sell and raise funds. I for one wish we could see a lot more EP Gridiron footage as their content is great but I can see why they don't do it.

BeastofNE that just may be the reason as to why EP Gridiron does not upload a lot more of their footage from games people are possibly downloading EP Gridiron's videos and using it and trying to spruce up their website or their social media and to hype up their team. But as someone said EP Gridiron most likely does not upload all their footage from a lot of games because they have contracts and give DVDs at the end of the season to parents and also to booster clubs for them to sell and raise funds. I for one wish we could see a lot more EP Gridiron footage as their content is great but I can see why they don't do it.

If EP Gridiron does not upload all the games they record every week then what is the point of them having a website or any social sites and what's the point of them doing what they do? They should give as much coverage with highlights to as many teams as they can it is only right that they do so this.

Quote: Brian

If EP Gridiron does not upload all the games they record every week then what is the point of them having a website or any social sites and what's the point of them doing what they do? They should give as much coverage with highlights to as many teams as they can it is only right that they do so this.

It's EP Gridiron's website they do whatever they wish just as you have body you can dress however you wish. I don't like some things EP Gridiron does, or El Paso Times does, or the local media but complaining about it is not going to make them change the way they do things or want to do things. I can't make the city of El Paso change its city name to Ella Paso they just won't do it. I can't make Disneyland come build a park in Ella Paso I mean El Paso. My point is EP Gridiron doesn't have to do anything for anyone but yeah it would be cool if they uploaded lots more stuff which we all know they have however again they don't have to if they don't want to.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m