EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5
Author
Comment
Franklin vs Pebble Hills @ The SAC

1-2 Cougars vs the 3-0 Spartans, interesting matchup who do you have and why?

Re: Franklin vs Pebble Hills @ The SAC

Funny you bring up the records like that. Let's compare each other's schedules:

Franklin vs. Midland
Franklin vs. Odessa Permian
Franklin vs. Copperas Cove

PH vs Irvin
PH vs Andress
PH vs Chapin

Of course you're going to be 3-0 when you play those kind of schools. Pebble Hills looks greatly improved, but they're still not at the level of Franklin.

Franklin 35
Pebble Hills 21

Be careful talking about Franklin football online or else you'll have epwatch who is the ambassador to Franklin and knows every Franklin grad and Franklin parent who gets online will come and tell you to shut your mouth and not talk about Franklin football.

I would not underestimate Pebble Hills if I was you, they have a very experience team full of seniors. I believe it will be 14-24 Pebble Hills.

Franklin definitely had the harder non-district schedule for sure, so throw those records out. I'm looking forward to this game because it will definitely start telling us where both teams are in the grand scheme of things.

Great machup, but Franklins hard pre schedule will have them ready for district.
Franklin-35
Fruity Pebbles Hills-3

#cougdad
Great machup, but Franklins hard pre schedule will have them ready for district.
Franklin-35
Fruity Pebbles Hills-3

This is absurd. Franklin had the harder pre-district schedule, but they are not in sync. They never found a rhythm on either side of the ball. Pebble Hills had the easier pre-district schedule, but those three wins gave them confidence and a rhythm. Add that with a team that has a chemistry like no other team in the city, plus Coach Torres being a former coordinator for Franklin, I think "Fruity Pebbles" has the edge over Franklin in this one.

Pebble Hills 48
Franklin 28

CougarNation
Be careful talking about Franklin football online or else you'll have epwatch who is the ambassador to Franklin and knows every Franklin grad and Franklin parent who gets online will come and tell you to shut your mouth and not talk about Franklin football.

CougarNation I don't about this epwatch you speak of but there are coaches out there telling players and parents not to come to the EP Gridiron site. So it's not only your epwatch playing online police control but coaches are to.

FarEastside
CougarNation

CougarNation I don't about this epwatch you speak of but there are coaches telling players and parents not to come to the EP Gridiron site. So it's not only your epwatch playing online police control but coaches are to.

I don't blame the coaches for saying that. The stuff that is said on here would only lead to problems in the locker room and right now Franklin doesn't need any distractions. Also when something is said about kids on this sight and parents see it they typically run to the coaches to complain. If I were a coach I would be saying the same thing.

I don't think you can hold Pebble Hills to 3 points. When you played Midland you played against they're #2 QB they're #1 was out the first week.

Wasn't a disrespect thing just added the records the entire city knows Franklin had a brutal non district schedule.

Most your comments are disrespectful.

Curious
FarEastside
CougarNation

CougarNation I don't about this epwatch you speak of but there are coaches telling players and parents not to come to the EP Gridiron site. So it's not only your epwatch playing online police control but coaches are to.

I don't blame the coaches for saying that. The stuff that is said on here would only lead to problems in the locker room and right now Franklin doesn't need any distractions. Also when something is said about kids on this sight and parents see it they typically run to the coaches to complain. If I were a coach I would be saying the same thing.

That is kinda stupid because parents and players are posting far worse stuff on their personal facebook and twitter pages. In my opinions coaches just want total control of the parents and players.

Cougars by 20+.... Now that it's district play I'll be rooting for 1 El Paso team. Hopefully Franklin's explosive offense will start to show in district play. Against Midland cougars scored at will, against Permian and Cove it was a struggle. Good thing is it's plenty of weapons to be used, Defense isn't playing as bad as scores have projected but that's an entirely different conversation.
Franklin 34
Pebble Hills 14

epwatch
Cougars by 20+.... Now that it's district play I'll be rooting for 1 El Paso team. Hopefully Franklin's explosive offense will start to show in district play. Against Midland cougars scored at will, against Permian and Cove it was a struggle. Good thing is it's plenty of weapons to be used, Defense isn't playing as bad as scores have projected but that's an entirely different conversation.
Franklin 34
Pebble Hills 14

Franklin does not have a QB

Franklin will not hang with the Spartans.

Franklin-17
Pebble hills-35

Yup
Franklin will not hang with the Spartans.

Franklin-17
Pebble hills-35

Pebble Hills will not hang with the Cougars

Pebble Hills-17
Franklin-35

EP Football Fan
#cougdad
Franklin-35
Fruity Pebbles Hills-3

This is absurd. Franklin had the harder pre-district schedule, but they are not in sync. They never found a rhythm on either side of the ball. Pebble Hills had the easier pre-district schedule, but those three wins gave them confidence and a rhythm. Add that with a team that has a chemistry like no other team in the city

You raise a good question. What's better then, a soft pre-district schedule or a tough one? You mentioned rhythm and chemistry as bi products of a soft schedule. What are the advantages of a tough one? I don't see many. You're likely to struggle on offense, your defensive weaknesses get exposed much sooner, injuries pile up, I mean am I missing something? Why play Midland, Permian and Copperas Cove?

Green Giant
EP Football Fan
#cougdad
Franklin-35
Fruity Pebbles Hills-3

This is absurd. Franklin had the harder pre-district schedule, but they are not in sync. They never found a rhythm on either side of the ball. Pebble Hills had the easier pre-district schedule, but those three wins gave them confidence and a rhythm. Add that with a team that has a chemistry like no other team in the city

You raise a good question. What's better then, a soft pre-district schedule or a tough one? You mentioned rhythm and chemistry as bi products of a soft schedule. What are the advantages of a tough one? I don't see many. You're likely to struggle on offense, your defensive weaknesses get exposed much sooner, injuries pile up, I mean am I missing something? Why play Midland, Permian and Copperas Cove?

If they won those games it would look great on a coaches resume for another job. If they lose those games people will say they were out of town teams so it's acceptable without any pressure on the coach. Schedule in town El Paso teams and win it's no big deal you should have won but lose and people will put pressure on the coach and maybe even get him out.

Pebble Hills played Irvin, Andress, and Chapin. Irvin was a complete cupcake game.

Andress is typically a very athletic and competitive team. They are struggling offensively, and from the pre-district I saw I don't think Andress would beat any 6A team with the possible exception of Socorro. Now if Andress was able to find their offense in their last two games, then it may have been a different story

Chapin, in my opinion, was a quality football game. Chapin is another athletic and competitive team. They beat a Bel Air team that seems to be a good team this year, and they beat Eastlake. Eastlake beat El Dorado in week 1.

Yes Pebble Hills had an easier schedule than Franklin, but with the wins over Andress and Chapin gave them a lot of confidence. The downside to playing those teams is if they do happen to make the playoffs, then they will not have any idea of what the competition will look like.

Franklin played Midland, Permian, and Copperas Cove. They beat Midland who, although they are struggling I saw it as a good win.

Permian is always a great team and Franklin now has experience and film on them of they happen to play again. Same with Copperas Cove.

Franklin went 1-2. As far as rhythm goes they were not able to find any and the point of injuries is a good one. What Franklin did gain in those games is They played very tough competition, and if they happen to make playoffs they have an idea of what they will be up against. There are pros and cons to each teams schedule. This bye week will either be advantageous or disastrous for both teams, but we will find out next week. I still give Pebble Hills the advantage because of their current situation. As far as who you should schedule for pre-district I would schedule two tough opponents the fist two weeks (at least one who you will possibly play in playoffs) and one easier game to give your team a smooth transition to district play with limited injuries.

I too believe Pebble Hills has the edge in this one I think both teams will make the playoffs along with Eastwood and Montwood

1 2 3 4 5
w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m