Forum: EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Canutillo vs Hanks

I was not surprised by the loss to Bel Air given our manpower situation and talent level however I was surprised by the way we lost. Brooks and his coaches have some serious challenges on offense and defense to deal with and this Friday promises to be no picnic. Hanks is going to come out like a herd of mad bulls because Price has them fanatical. What looked like a sure win 3 weeks ago now is a "do or die" situation for us what with Del Valle coming to town next week.

Re: Canutillo vs Hanks

Quote: Hmmmm
I was not surprised by the loss to Bel Air given our manpower situation and talent level however I was surprised by the way we lost. Brooks and his coaches have some serious challenges on offense and defense to deal with and this Friday promises to be no picnic. Hanks is going to come out like a herd of mad bulls because Price has them fanatical. What looked like a sure win 3 weeks ago now is a "do or die" situation for us what with Del Valle coming to town next week.

So true. Canutillo loses to Hanks you can kiss Canutillo's playoff hopes adios

Very tough test for a Knights team still learning to win. Canutillo had a tough game against a big Bel Air team that is much improved. This will be a true test for Hanks early in District play. You can believe that Coach Brooks and staff will have those boys working hard all week. Should be a fun one Friday night.

This game is going to be a good one. I say Canutillo pulls it off late in the fourth quarter.

Let's go Hanks!

Quote: ProudDad
This game is going to be a good one. I say Canutillo pulls it off late in the fourth quarter.
I agree with you being a proud dad, our players are the cream of the Upper Valley. However if we go into the game without #14 Martinez to run the ball and our offense needs to pull it off late in the game we are in trouble. Martinez carried the ball about 40 times against Coronado and I don't know his yardage but it was the major part of our offense. He ran the ball very well in the beginning of the BA game but was hurt and when he was done so was our offense. We managed to score 20 points on BA backups but were very ineffective against starters who had given up a whopping 109 points in their two previous games. Arellano #3 the QB is a good runner but needs a strong partner in the backfield to make the offense go and take some pressure off the defense which collapsed last week. I am hoping for the best but it is going to be a big battle to come out ahead. If anyone has information on Martinez keep it to yourself don't post it here.

You just spilled the beans and you want others to stay quiet? Lol

Quote: ......
In all probability the Hanks scouts were there and I doubt they are blind, stupid and lack observation skills.

I agree with you being a proud dad, our players are the cream of the Upper Valley. However if we go into the game without #14 Martinez to run the ball and our offense needs to pull it off late in the game we are in trouble. Martinez carried the ball about 40 times against Coronado and I don't know his yardage but it was the major part of our offense. He ran the ball very well in the beginning of the BA game but was hurt and when he was done so was our offense. We managed to score 20 points on BA backups but were very ineffective against starters who had given up a whopping 109 points in their two previous games. Arellano #3 the QB is a good runner but needs a strong partner in the backfield to make the offense go and take some pressure off the defense which collapsed last week. I am hoping for the best but it is going to be a big battle to come out ahead. If anyone has information on Martinez keep it to yourself don't post it here.

I bet the coach loves you... Nice job.. lmao

In all probability the Hanks scouts were there and I doubt they are blind, stupid and lack observation skills.
They had a game. How were they there. Idiota.

They varsity coaches send the JV or Freshman coaches to scout idiot

Quote: Big Red

I bet the coach loves you... Nice job.. lmao
What is the deal? It was a scheduled game, played in public, teams scout their opponents. How do you think game plans are developed?? It was there for God and everyone to see. #14 on the trainers table, surrounded by the training staff and joined by his obviously concerned parents, and he did not return to the field to continue playing. It was not a state secret that there was something very obviously wrong. I don't think I am going to be charged with espionage however I can think of some people that could be cited for lacking common sense.

Quote: Hahahaha
They varsity coaches send the JV or Freshman coaches to scout idiot
Mr. Hahahaha thank you for the backup and showing some football knowledge and common sense. This guy obviously does not realize how game plans are developed for individual opponents.

Quote: Big
They had a game. How were they there. Idiota.

It's a well known fact that EVERY school sends a scout or two to their next opponent's game. So yes, Hanks had a game last week, as well as Canutillo, but that didn't stop the coaching staff from sending out scouts to the games. Idiota!

Every team is required to send video of game film via hudl to the next week's opponent so scouting isn't even necessary anymore.

Quote: Spartandad
Every team is required to send video of game film via hudl to the next week's opponent so scouting isn't even necessary anymore.

#14 on the trainers table, surrounded by the training staff and joined by his obviously concerned parents, and he did not return to the field to continue playing. It was not a state secret that there was something very obviously wrong.

Was this on the film...

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m