Forum: EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Coronado @ Americas

Any thoughts?

Re: Coronado @ Americas

This could be a really good game. Americas and Tremaine Henderson seem to be the offense for Americas. Tremaine is a one man wrecking crew. However, They have been hammered by Rio Rancho and Midland Christian early on this season. The defense looks a little suspect at this time, but they do boast the same 1-2 record going into district play as Coronado. Midland Lee put a thumping on Coronado to start the season, and Canutillo "see sawed" back and forth before earning a victory against the Birds. Coronado's lone victory against the Andress Eagles revealed the playmaking ability of running back Garrett Slaughter in what was a grind it out offensive strategy. Slaughter has the speed to break it at any moment, very similar to the Blazer's Henderson. The T-Birds, having Finally settled in on QB Ethan Arroyo as the signal caller can only mean improved continuity for the birds. The play at LB for the Birds is much improved as well, being lead by Tommy Barrett and Josh Shapiro. I see a close game here. However, Coronado will have a host of injured players back for this game, and for that reason I am taking the Tbirds 35-21. The Trailblazers are playing at home for this game, so a flip flop in the score is entirely possible. Whichever team loses will struggle to reach the post season. That is the only definitive gravy we have for this steak of a match up.

By the looks of this thread it is obvious that no one is taking Americas and Coronado as serious 1-6a contenders but as pretenders. Me personally I would like both of these teams to make some noise in their district to make it fun so that I can follow it.

I think Americas will win with the home field advantage. 28-17

Billy Billy Billy what in the world are you smoking ??? The coronado offence couldn't score on Andress. The one td they scored was because of a muffed punt on the 2 yardline.The OC is terrible .The offence does not that a identity can't pass.True once the starting Rb comes back it will help.Mark my word the only game we will win is Socorro!!

Quote: Wow
Billy Billy Billy what in the world are you smoking ??? The coronado offence couldn't score on Andress. The one td they scored was because of a muffed punt on the 2 yardline.The OC is terrible .The offence does not that a identity can't pass.True once the starting Rb comes back it will help.Mark my word the only game we will win is Socorro!!

Ethan Arroyo did a fine job passing. He took too many sacks, and threw a pick deep in the red zone. He will be fine. The offensive coach is doing just fine. These are all pre-district games. Slaughter is the starting running back. The kids that are set to return are Josh Alvarez and Stephen Martinez. Julian Madrid is questionable at this point, but the team could use him as a 1/2 punch. Thunder and lightning.

Look, obviously I'm a TBird fan, but let's not kid ourselves. The win over Andress didn't determine a thing.
The only way to win this game is going to be defensively. They are going to have to attack and try to sack Americas QB the entire night. AND Coronado can't rely on the running game only. Everyone is watching the RB. Coronado has some great receivers and they need to be ready to use them.i

I'm hearing that all district running back Julian Madrid will be returning this week. That's a game changer

Quote: Tbird god
I'm hearing that all district running back Julian Madrid will be returning this week. That's a game changer

That is the latest rumor coming out of Champions Drive. I hope he can add something to spark the offense. I remember he got hurt last year, maybe collar bone. The running game has not really been the problem thus far this season, but good that he is back.. The passing game needs to open up a bit. The quarterback play will and needs to improve. This will allow for opening things up in their spread offense. Where has Mr. Madrid been. I forgot about him. He was pretty good last year. I don't recall seeing him this year though. I thought he graduated LOL.

I feel that if I go to this game I am going to be the only one sitting on the stands.

Only kidding it should be a great game but if not I want a refund.

Quote: Edgar
I feel that if I go to this game I am going to be the only one sitting on the stands.

Only kidding it should be a great game but if not I want a refund.

It will be a barn burner.

We definitely put Americas in there place. There defense is suspect, they have a lengthy guy #40 who from my view has a frame to play the position but from what i could see, he played like there was never a sense of urgency. They had a pretty decently fast end on the opposite side I think his number was 29 but very smallish..i hope he doesn't intend to play college ball as an end because he will not get any looks what so ever, im sorry but colleges look for size. Secondary was suspect. This defense was no.match for our thunderbirds...now for the offense...can you say Swiss cheese? Offensive line is so leaky i don't think any boat could float in water. The Qb made.some mistakes a.costly one by giving us 2 pennies for the.safety. And their poor running back had no where to go. We in the WEST side pride ourselves in good coaching great team cohesion. And it showed against the Blazers...time to hang the cleats up Americas...its gonna be a long year and you shouldnt have wanted to.ever.cross.paths.with us, and now we put you in your place!

Quote: Coronado dad
We in the WEST side pride ourselves in good coaching great team cohesion.
What???? Now all of the sudden you pride yourself in good coaching. Not long ago everyone at Coronado had their pitch forks out

Exactly. That’s what happens with Coronado. The coaches and some of the players (& supporters) let it go their head too quickly and when things get tough, they choke.
I think trying to sack the opposing QB made a all the difference. Also more throws instead of the same ol’ running plays everyone knows already.
Stay hungry Coronado and keep fighting! You all have a very talented team, just play smart and strategic. Keep the pressure on the QB. Godspeed. (may God cause you to succeed)

We definitely put Americas in there place. There defense is suspect, they have a lengthy guy #40 who from my view has a frame to play the position but from what i could see, he played like there was never a sense of urgency. They had a pretty decently fast end on the opposite side I think his number was 29 but very smallish..i hope he doesn't intend to play college ball as an end because he will not get any looks what so ever, im sorry but colleges look for size. Secondary was suspect. This defense was no.match for our thunderbirds...now for the offense...can you say Swiss cheese? Offensive line is so leaky i don't think any boat could float in water. The Qb made.some mistakes a.costly one by giving us 2 pennies for the.safety. And their poor running back had no where to go. We in the WEST side pride ourselves in good coaching great team cohesion. And it showed against the Blazers...time to hang the cleats up Americas...its gonna be a long year and you shouldnt have wanted to.ever.cross.paths.with us, and now we put you in your place!

Take a chill pill man! We managed to win a game and you are talking like we are all mighty and stuff.
Remember Canuts? Stay humble because we still have the hardest games ahead

Enough with the saying and philosophy of staying or being humble. It is football and people will express their opinions on teams and the sport in general. Live a little man.

Quote: Cats32
We in the WEST side pride ourselves in good coaching great team cohesion.
What???? Now all of the sudden you pride yourself in good coaching. Not long ago everyone at Coronado had their pitch forks out

Thank you for saying that. I was about to address that until I saw your post. That's how everyone in El Paso acts. If you notice the "Chapin Needs A Change" thread hasn't been active this week. Everyone wants to blame the coaches and not their kids.

Coronado dad please don't comment on playing college ball. By the number of grammatical errors in your post it's quite obvious you were never there. If a kid wants to play college ball, who are you to say he can't? There are multiple divisions of college football. Also, there are plenty of pro athletes who were told they were too small for the sport, yet they are making millions. Before you get on here talking about stuff you obviously know nothing about, please do some research.

Sorry Americas, this kid is obviously just trying to put Coronado on the spot. Thanks for a great game and good luck the rest of your season!

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m