EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
EP GRIDIRON and EL PASO TIMES

I enjoy seeing the Top 10 rankings from both EP Gridiron and the El Paso Times because they are usually so very different and I find them interesting.

I have been following them and comparing them both for years. What I have noticed over the years is that EP Gridiron is tough on ranking the smaller schools like Bowie, Austin, Burges, El Paso high even when they are winning while El Paso Times will rank those smaller schools higher than bigger schools when they are winning. I also have noticed that El Paso Times is high on ranking Eastwood every year even if they lose while EP Gridiron is not so high on Eastwood. Lots of weird stuff goes on between the two rankings from both EP Gridiron and the El Paso Times and it's why I enjoy following them both.

Here are this weeks rankings from both

(EP GRIDIRON) - (El PASO TIMES)

#1 (Montwood) - (Montwood)
#2 (Pebble Hills) - (Eastlake)
#3 (Eastlake) - (Pebble Hills)
#4 (Parkland) - (Del Valle)
#5 (Del Valle) - (Eastwood)
#6 (Chapin) - (Chapin)
#7 (El Dorado) - (El Dorado)
#8 (Eastwood) - (Bowie)
#9 (Franklin) - (Burges)
#10 (Bowie) - (Franklin)

EP Gridiron has Parkland way up there at #4 and El Paso Times does not even have Parkland ranked at all. El Paso Times has Burges ranked at #9 and EP Gridiron does not even have Burges ranked at all. El Paso Times has Eastwood ranked way up at #5 and EP Gridiron has Eastwood down at #8. Interesting stuff and it's why I enjoy following them both.

What I'm personally most following every week in the rankings is Montwood and El Dorado for the reason that EP Gridiron ranked Montwood #1 before the season started and El Paso Times ranked El Dorado #1 before the season started. I'm interested in watching how each one moves those two teams around in their rankings after each week.

I'm very interested in seeing how each Top 10 rankings from both EP Gridiron and El Paso Times will look after the first week that 1-6a district games have been played.

Re: EP GRIDIRON and EL PASO TIMES

In my mind Pebble Hills is ranked perfectly at this point of the season at #2 or #3. Parkland I agree should be a Top 10 team I don't know about them being #4 but they should be ranked a Top 10 team. Burges maybe they should be ranked or shouldn't be ranked a Top 10 team I don't know yet yeah Burges played Montwood ok but Montwood put in their scrubs on them in the second half. Del Valle is also ranked perfect by both Del Valle is a #4 or #5 at this point. Eastwood and Bowie at this point shouldn't be ranked a Top 10 team at all in my opinion.

I find this interesting as well but I put a whole lot more trust in EPGridiron. What sticks out to me is Eastlake rated higher than Chapin in both rankings despite Eastlake losing to Chapin.

Eastsider
In my mind Pebble Hills is ranked perfectly at this point of the season at #2 or #3. Parkland I agree should be a Top 10 team I don't know about them being #4 but they should be ranked a Top 10 team. Burges maybe they should be ranked or shouldn't be ranked a Top 10 team I don't know yet yeah Burges played Montwood ok but Montwood put in their scrubs on them in the second half. Del Valle is also ranked perfect by both Del Valle is a #4 or #5 at this point. Eastwood and Bowie at this point shouldn't be ranked a Top 10 team at all in my opinion.

If you actually went to the game you would've realized that the Montwood starters were in all game. Don't get me wrong, they are a good team, but they struggled with Burges, which is a much smaller school. Once they play Franklin they won't be ranked #1 anymore, mark my words, by the end of the season Franklin will be #1. Also Parkland shouldn't be ranked at #4.

Keep it up Franklin dad you may just eat you words.

Franklin Dad
Eastsider

If you actually went to the game you would've realized that the Montwood starters were in all game. Don't get me wrong, they are a good team, but they struggled with Burges, which is a much smaller school. Once they play Franklin they won't be ranked #1 anymore, mark my words, by the end of the season Franklin will be #1. Also Parkland shouldn't be ranked at #4.

One game at a time

Franklin Dad
Eastsider

Looking past Pebble Hills?

He skipped multiple games, probably not a Franklin dad.

if only DV wouldn't have blew that game to Americas....

I just saw El Paso Times latest rankings and they still haven't ranked Parkland in their Top 10. There must be people at the El Paso times who do not listen or go to the football games who do the rankings.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m