EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DEL VALLE @CANUTILLO

Can Del Valle avenge last years blowout loss or does Canutillo have their number?

Re: DEL VALLE @CANUTILLO

TXHSFB
Can Del Valle avenge last years blowout loss or does Canutillo have their number?

easy answer to that question
Yes canutillo has their number

Qbert
TXHSFB

easy answer to that question
Yes canutillo has their number

Canutillo has no defense. That was obvious during the Hanks game. Hanks scored 35 points on them. Their offense relies soley on the QB. Del Valle stops the QB sneak/keep play they run over and over and it'll be lights out for Canutillo.

Canutillo is struggling on Defense because it is starting several sophomores. But, they did manage to get 3 takeaways. Offensively, they are a solid team. Against popular belief, they have several running back options. Yes QB Arellano is a beast, but he's not the entire offense. That line will wear teams down. Canutillo will need to beat one of the top three teams to stay in contention (Del Valle, Eastlake, or Parkland). Otherwise, bye-bye playoffs. I hate to say it, but my hopes are slim unless Brooks pulls some magic from somewhere. I hope I'm wrong.

Canutillo's Defense better step it up if they want to survive the rest of the season. The DLine is lazy and the secondary is non existent. My prediction is Canutillo will fall.

TXHSFB

Canutillo owns Del Valle

Bosque
TXHSFB

Canutillo owns Del Valle

in your dreams

Del Valle cannot come into this game underestimating canuts. It will be a good game but I see the Conqs winning this game.

I was impressed with the Eagles offense last Friday. The running game clicked pretty well and the passing game kept the defense honest. Trouble is that the DV defense has kept 3 out of four opponents scoreless so it will be a harsh test for the revamped running game and for QB Arellano's ability to pass. If the Eagles can't pass successfully we are in trouble. Our defense appears to be MIA and facing RoboQB II is going to be a monumental challenge. The Eagle defense has always been the base of our success so to have a chance next Friday the defense absolutely has to find a way to stop DV and give our offense a chance to outscore them. It is not going to be one of those classic 10-9, 10-7 Canutillo-Del Valle games. It is going to be difficult but not impossible trust in Brooks and Ramirez to solve the puzzle if anyone can. That is why the first three letters in our name spell CANutillo.

Bosque
TXHSFB

Canutillo owns Del Valle

Own Del Valle? Canutillo doesn't own anyone or anything.

LowerValleyPride
Bosque
TXHSFB

Canutillo owns Del Valle

Wow wow wow! But they went 5 rounds deep in the playoffs a couple years back in case you didn't know

haters, jealous haters. canutillo always competes, thats why youall are hating..

RamNation
LowerValleyPride
Bosque
TXHSFB

Canutillo owns Del Valle

Wow wow wow! But they went 5 rounds deep in the playoffs a couple years back in case you didn't know

A lot of people from Canutillo are going to be saying that 5 rounds deep in the Texas state playoffs for the next 100 years like when people always bring up the 1966 Utep Basketball team. It's like they don't care if the basketball team or football team keeps losing they keep bring up 1966. So for the next 100 years Canutillo if they lose a lot they will always bring up 2014. What they need to understand is that was then and this is now.

Canutillo is 3-1

Del Valle will beat Canutillo mark my words

Mark
Del Valle will beat Canutillo mark my words

You must be a comedian for I cant stop laughing at your post.

Hmmmm
I was impressed with the Eagles offense last Friday. The running game clicked pretty well and the passing game kept the defense honest. Trouble is that the DV defense has kept 3 out of four opponents scoreless so it will be a harsh test for the revamped running game and for QB Arellano's ability to pass. If the Eagles can't pass successfully we are in trouble. Our defense appears to be MIA and facing RoboQB II is going to be a monumental challenge. The Eagle defense has always been the base of our success so to have a chance next Friday the defense absolutely has to find a way to stop DV and give our offense a chance to outscore them. It is not going to be one of those classic 10-9, 10-7 Canutillo-Del Valle games. It is going to be difficult but not impossible trust in Brooks and Ramirez to solve the puzzle if anyone can. That is why the first three letters in our name spell CANutillo.

I was concerned with our team going in and I don't know if we are an average team or if Hanks was better than I expected. Their defense seemed to stiffle us at times. We went back and forth because of the three picks their QB threw. I loved our young kids stepping up on D. It was a real battle when we were on offense and they were on defense it seemed like. I gotta give credit to Hanks linebackers, #3 and #7 got after it and kept coming. But our young back and QB Arellano were up to task. We pulled away in the fourth. We will need to do better this week. Again, I don't know if it was our offense or Hanks Defense, I know we can't give up three big plays like we did on defense against DV. Our D backs and safeties have to play better.

This game is always a good game between 2 of the best 5A teams El Paso has to offer. This year I gotta say that Del Valle takes the W in a close hard hitting game. Good luck to both teams

DV is a much better team than Belair, we know the outcome of the Canutillo vs. Belair game. DV will win big, Good QB and suspect secondary for Canutillo equals rough night for the Eagles....

Cats32
This game is always a good game between 2 of the best 5A teams El Paso has to offer. This year I gotta say that Del Valle takes the W in a close hard hitting game. Good luck to both teams

Correction KittyCat, Eastlake is the best 5A School in the 915.

East
Cats32

Butt hurt much, didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Yes you are a good 5A school too, well at least till the next realignment that is.

Cats32
East
Cats32

Butt hurt much, didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Yes you are a good 5A school too, well at least till the next realignment that is.

We will see Kitty32.

Ogre
RamNation
LowerValleyPride
Bosque
TXHSFB

Canutillo owns Del Valle

A lot of people from Canutillo are going to be saying that 5 rounds deep in the Texas state playoffs for the next 100 years like when people always bring up the 1966 Utep Basketball team. It's like they don't care if the basketball team or football team keeps losing they keep bring up 1966. So for the next 100 years Canutillo if they lose a lot they will always bring up 2014. What they need to understand is that was then and this is now.

Not one Canutillo fan brought it up. Get the 5 deep out your mouth until you get there haters!

I'm sure that when playoffs come around Canutillo is always rooting for the out of town teams and not the El Paso because they don't want no one El Paso team to take their """""We went to the semi finals"""""

Spitfire
I'm sure that when playoffs come around Canutillo is always rooting for the out of town teams and not the El Paso because they don't want no one El Paso team to take their """""We went to the semi finals"""""
When the Canutillo Eagles were fortunate enough to fight their way through to the semi-finals, the support that we received from the entire El Paso area was uplifting and inspirational. I don't believe that there is a single person in the Canutillo community that lived through that exceptional season that is not touched by the support we were shown by our fellow brother/sister fans in the EP area. If we never said it, "Thank You" and we stand with you and your team against the rest of Texas.

This game should be a barn burner

Canuto
Hmmmm

I was concerned with our team going in and I don't know if we are an average team or if Hanks was better than I expected. Their defense seemed to stiffle us at times. We went back and forth because of the three picks their QB threw. I loved our young kids stepping up on D. It was a real battle when we were on offense and they were on defense it seemed like. I gotta give credit to Hanks linebackers, #3 and #7 got after it and kept coming. But our young back and QB Arellano were up to task. We pulled away in the fourth. We will need to do better this week. Again, I don't know if it was our offense or Hanks Defense, I know we can't give up three big plays like we did on defense against DV. Our D backs and safeties have to play better.
To have a chance to win tonight the Eagles offense absolutely cannot give up the ball to DV for a cheap touchdown by way of turnovers. The offense has got to help the defense by moving the ball, keeping the ball out of RoboQB II hands and letting our defense rest. No 3 and outs because that will kill us. The defense is going to have to play very aggressive, pressure RoboQB II like we did last year and treat every time we make DV punt like we just won the Super Bowl. That and hope it pours throughout the game!

Del Valle just made you eat your words

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m