EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
EPG Rankings 9.24.2017

Like I said on the other thread I follow EPG rankings because they are interesting just as I follow El Paso Times rankings. Anyways here are EPG's rankings that came out today. If you look at last week's rankings you will see some teams were moved around even though there were only 4 games last week and a lot of teams did not even play. Interesting stuff.

Today's Released EPG Rankings http://powerratings.epgridiron.com

#1 MONTWOOD RAMS
#2 EASTLAKE FALCONS
#3 PARKLAND MATADORS
#4 DEL VALLE CONQUISTADORES
#5 PEBBLE HILLS SPARTANS
#6 CHAPIN HUSKIES
#7 EL DORADO AZTECS
#8 EASTWOOD TROOPERS
#9 FRANKLIN COUGARS
#10 CANUTILLO EAGLES

Last week Pebble Hills was at #2 and EPG dropped them like a bad habit to #5. Pebble Hills didn't even play last week!!!

Last week Parkland was at #4 and EPG moved them up to #3. Parkland beat Bel Air oh big deal.

Last week Del Valle was #5 and EPG moved them up to #4. Del Valle beat Ysleta oh big deal.

Last week Bowie was at #10 and EPG dropped them to #11. Bowie didn't even play last week!!!

Last week Bel Air was #11 and EPG dropped them all the way to #16. Bel Air is playing decent ball and they beat Canutillo not to long ago so how can Canutillo be above Bel Air? Canutillo only beat Hanks and Bel Air lost to Parkland but they played Parkland tough.

Last week Canutillo was #12 and EPG ranked Canutillo in the Top 10. Big deal Canutillo only beat Hanks. Since when is Hanks a powerhouse?

Those are the only interesting moves that I noticed when comparing last week's rankings to this week's new rankings. I don't agree with the Canutillo move and the Pebble Hills move by EPG. The Bowie move I kind of agree because Bowie they really haven't played anyone and in my opinion Bowie is not a Top 10 team.

Can't wait to see how EPG's rankings look after this weeks upcoming games. I bet there is going to be a lot of movement from the very top all the way to the bottom except for Montwood since they play Socorro who is struggling really bad.

Re: EPG Rankings 9.24.2017

How does Pebble Hills drop from #2 to #5 when they didn't play? Lol why didn't Montwood drop too!

You take that power ranking to serious, teams go up and down all year long. One loss or you didn't score enough points will move your ranking. It will all play out at the end.

PopsFC5
How does Pebble Hills drop from #2 to #5 when they didn't play? Lol why didn't Montwood drop too!

That's what I was thinking but last week Montwood's power rating was 131 and that rating didn't change since Montwood didn't play and Eastlake almost got to 131 which tells me if Eastlake would have gone above 131 they would have been #1 but that's neither here nor there. Let's see what happens this week because Eastlake does not play they have a bye week and they most likely will drop from #2 and I'm sure we will see a new #2.

RAM56
You take that power ranking to serious, teams go up and down all year long. One loss or you didn't score enough points will move your ranking. It will all play out at the end.

Has nothing to do with taking it serious but like I said on the other thread in this message board I find it fun and interesting following EPG's and El Paso Times rankings even sometimes the funny rankings from the channel 4, 7 and 9.

But yeah you're right there will be a lot of movement as the weeks come and go and it will all play out at the end of it all. But again I like to follow the rankings it makes the football season fun and interesting to follow.

Taking it serious? It was just weird how a team who doesn't play drops....

Here are the real rankings
1) Montwood
2) Eastwood
3) Franklin
4) Del Valle
5) Eastlake
6) Pebble Hills
7) Chapin
8) Parkland
9) El Dorado
10)Americas

Realist
1) Montwood
2) Eastwood
3) Franklin
4) Del Valle
5) Eastlake
6) Pebble Hills
7) Chapin
8) Parkland
9) El Dorado
10)Americas

Realist you are a little off.
These are the truly real and absolutely real written in stone rankings
1) Eastwood
2) Franklin
3) Montwood
4) Del Valle
5) Eastlake
6) Pebble Hills
7) Chapin
8) Parkland
9) El Dorado
10) Americas
Optimism is great but don't forget the spices of blood, sweat, and tears in that pot of optimism soup. Anyone can dream but not everyone can work their butt off and make their dream a reality.

Juco
Like I said on the other thread I follow EPG rankings because they are interesting just as I follow El Paso Times rankings. Anyways here are EPG's rankings that came out today. If you look at last week's rankings you will see some teams were moved around even though there were only 4 games last week and a lot of teams did not even play. Interesting stuff.

#1 MONTWOOD RAMS
#2 EASTLAKE FALCONS
#3 PARKLAND MATADORS
#5 PEBBLE HILLS SPARTANS
#6 CHAPIN HUSKIES
#7 EL DORADO AZTECS
#8 EASTWOOD TROOPERS
#9 FRANKLIN COUGARS
#10 CANUTILLO EAGLES

Last week Pebble Hills was at #2 and EPG dropped them like a bad habit to #5. Pebble Hills didn't even play last week!!!

Last week Parkland was at #4 and EPG moved them up to #3. Parkland beat Bel Air oh big deal.

Last week Del Valle was #5 and EPG moved them up to #4. Del Valle beat Ysleta oh big deal.

Last week Bowie was at #10 and EPG dropped them to #11. Bowie didn't even play last week!!!

Last week Bel Air was #11 and EPG dropped them all the way to #16. Bel Air is playing decent ball and they beat Canutillo not to long ago so how can Canutillo be above Bel Air? Canutillo only beat Hanks and Bel Air lost to Parkland but they played Parkland tough.

Last week Canutillo was #12 and EPG ranked Canutillo in the Top 10. Big deal Canutillo only beat Hanks. Since when is Hanks a powerhouse?

Those are the only interesting moves that I noticed when comparing last week's rankings to this week's new rankings. I don't agree with the Canutillo move and the Pebble Hills move by EPG. The Bowie move I kind of agree because Bowie they really haven't played anyone and in my opinion Bowie is not a Top 10 team.

Can't wait to see how EPG's rankings look after this weeks upcoming games. I bet there is going to be a lot of movement from the very top all the way to the bottom except for Montwood since they play Socorro who is struggling really bad.

Juco it's a no brainer that Pebble Hills was going to drop that should have been expected. Pebble Hills power rating was almost the same as Eastlake, Parkland and Del Valle before this past weeks games were played. Eastlake, Parkland and Del Valle won so whatever EP Gridiron does I'm sure that Eastlake hammering Riverside and Parkland hammering Bel Air and Del Valle hammering Ysleta caused Eastlake and Parkland and Ysleta power ratings to go up and those lopsided wins had to have been calculated in there someplace. Also I would guess the same thing with Bowie. You said Canutillo was #11 before this past weeks games well Canutillo won and their power rating went up higher than Bowie's so it only makes sense that Canutillo went above Bowie. The Bel Air ranking at #16 does have me kind of thinking but when I looked at Bel Air and who they have played so far those teams it looks somewhat clear to me. Bel Air beat Canutillo but Canutillo beat Coronado and Coronado beat Andress and Andress hammered Hanks. If I think about that it does make some sense.

No way Eastwood is #2! 😂

Eastwood lost by 10 to Midland Christian who blew out Americas. And lost to Permian. Eastlake lost to Chapin who beat Bel Air by a TD. 😂😂😂
All these 5A teams scheduling cupcake teams. And why is Parkland #3 they played 1 good team and lost. I hope people start being like the 6A teams besides Pebble Hills and schedule tough pre district games.

So now Pebble Hills had a weak pre-season but last year they were applauded for a tough one going 1-2. This year, same teams and there 3-0, so its a cupcake schedule. Now that they are established lets see who they can get on schedule from out of town.

Well?
So now Pebble Hills had a weak pre-season but last year they were applauded for a tough one going 1-2. This year, same teams and there 3-0, so its a cupcake schedule. Now that they are established lets see who they can get on schedule from out of town.

Established? You must be kidding right? Pebble Hills is not established and if they schedule out of town teams like Odessa Permian, Midland Lee, or whomever out there they are going to get trounced on because most of the players that are on the Pebble Hills team this season are seniors and they will be gone after this season.

That's my point. They are getting dogged for not scheduling out of town in their first two years. Now they will be dogged if they do the next 2 years. And yes established, from no varsity experience to having two years experience as a program.
And next year's seniors will have a bar to measure themselves, regardless of how this year plays out. That is something that the first year seniors wouldn't of known. I would say they are now established and have an idea of what varsity football is all about. Established does not mean winning tradition, just means experience.

Well?
That's my point. They are getting dogged for not scheduling out of town in their first two years. Now they will be dogged if they do the next 2 years. And yes established, from no varsity experience to having two years experience as a program.
And next year's seniors will have a bar to measure themselves, regardless of how this year plays out. That is something that the first year seniors wouldn't of known. I would say they are now established and have an idea of what varsity football is all about. Established does not mean winning tradition, just means experience.

Honestly man, there is always going to be something to complain about. That's like Montwood beating both out of town teams and people are saying that those teams are "rebuilding" this season. I think for their first two years on varsity, Pebble Hills scheduled some decent games. Irvin is a little iffy, but Andress and Chapin have always had good athletes and they are usually a 7-9 win team. There is always going to be criticism and honestly I have been one of the ones to criticize Pebble Hills. Not on their strength of schedule, but on their fans. After reading some of the stuff said about them, I'll back off and I will be rooting for them in district. I really hope they beat Franklin. I like Coach Walker, but the parents for Franklin are a little ridiculous in my opinion. I think they need to be humbled a little bit. But don't get mad or offended by this stuff, my team has been getting trashed every game so far. Just be happy with the success Pebble Hills has had so far, and keep rooting and hoping for success week after week.

Curious
Well?

Honestly man, there is always going to be something to complain about. That's like Montwood beating both out of town teams and people are saying that those teams are "rebuilding" this season. I think for their first two years on varsity, Pebble Hills scheduled some decent games. Irvin is a little iffy, but Andress and Chapin have always had good athletes and they are usually a 7-9 win team. There is always going to be criticism and honestly I have been one of the ones to criticize Pebble Hills. Not on their strength of schedule, but on their fans. After reading some of the stuff said about them, I'll back off and I will be rooting for them in district. I really hope they beat Franklin. I like Coach Walker, but the parents for Franklin are a little ridiculous in my opinion. I think they need to be humbled a little bit. But don't get mad or offended by this stuff, my team has been getting trashed every game so far. Just be happy with the success Pebble Hills has had so far, and keep rooting and hoping for success week after week.

What many are saying or thinking about Pebble Hills many were saying and thinking that about El Dorado when their program started up and when they had their first full senior class and started to compete. This happens to every new school that comes up and especially when that program starts to compete and also when they start winning some games. It's the new kids on the block effect. Pebble Hills might not be a new kids on the block anymore but the after effects are still there. It will eventually go away but it has to be earned and that's what they are doing. Pebble Hills is earning it.

Franklin parents need to be humble? We arnt good right now. What more humbling do we need? And other than myself who else is a Franklin parent on the thread? Or were you referring to people you know personally?

Optimist
Realist
1) Montwood
2) Eastwood
3) Franklin
4) Del Valle
5) Eastlake
6) Pebble Hills
7) Chapin
8) Parkland
9) El Dorado
10)Americas

Realist you are a little off.
These are the truly real and absolutely real written in stone rankings
1) Eastwood
2) Franklin
3) Montwood
4) Del Valle
5) Eastlake
6) Pebble Hills
7) Chapin
8) Parkland
9) El Dorado
10) Americas
Optimism is great but don't forget the spices of blood, sweat, and tears in that pot of optimism soup. Anyone can dream but not everyone can work their butt off and make their dream a reality.

You should change your name to delusional. No way Eastwood and Franklin are above Montwood.

Eastsider
Juco

#1 MONTWOOD RAMS
#2 EASTLAKE FALCONS
#3 PARKLAND MATADORS
#5 PEBBLE HILLS SPARTANS
#6 CHAPIN HUSKIES
#7 EL DORADO AZTECS
#8 EASTWOOD TROOPERS
#9 FRANKLIN COUGARS
#10 CANUTILLO EAGLES

Juco it's a no brainer that Pebble Hills was going to drop that should have been expected. Pebble Hills power rating was almost the same as Eastlake, Parkland and Del Valle before this past weeks games were played. Eastlake, Parkland and Del Valle won so whatever EP Gridiron does I'm sure that Eastlake hammering Riverside and Parkland hammering Bel Air and Del Valle hammering Ysleta caused Eastlake and Parkland and Ysleta power ratings to go up and those lopsided wins had to have been calculated in there someplace. Also I would guess the same thing with Bowie. You said Canutillo was #11 before this past weeks games well Canutillo won and their power rating went up higher than Bowie's so it only makes sense that Canutillo went above Bowie. The Bel Air ranking at #16 does have me kind of thinking but when I looked at Bel Air and who they have played so far those teams it looks somewhat clear to me. Bel Air beat Canutillo but Canutillo beat Coronado and Coronado beat Andress and Andress hammered Hanks. If I think about that it does make some sense.

Study the formula that determines the Power Rankings. Its simple math.

Find out who's projected to WIN before Kick-off! To do this you must get the EP GRIDIRON POWER RANKINGS (PR) from both teams. Add 5 points to the home team and then subtract both Power Ratings. The team with the highest Power Rating is projected to win the game by that margin. No home points on neutral field! Be sure to subtract 5 points to the team or teams playing without their starting QB or RB due to injury, grades or for any other reason.

EXAMPLE: Away Team Power Rating 88
Home Team Power Rating 76 + 5 = - 81
*The Away Team is projected to win by 7 points

Somebody please explain to the Fruity Pebble Dad and the TrooperLaLa Land Dad.

Re: EPG Rankings 9.30.2017

1) Montwood
2) Pebble Hills
3) Eastlake
4) Del Valle
5) El Dorado
6) Eastwood
7) Chapin
8) Parkland
9) Franklin
10) Coronado

Re: EPG Rankings 9.30.2017

Realist
1) Montwood
2) Pebble Hills
3) Eastlake
4) Del Valle
5) El Dorado
6) Eastwood
7) Chapin
8) Parkland
9) Franklin
10) Coronado

Real my assss. You don't know squat!!!
EASTLAKE #1

Juco

#1 MONTWOOD RAMS
#2 EASTLAKE FALCONS
#3 PARKLAND MATADORS
#5 PEBBLE HILLS SPARTANS
#6 CHAPIN HUSKIES
#7 EL DORADO AZTECS
#8 EASTWOOD TROOPERS
#9 FRANKLIN COUGARS
#10 CANUTILLO EAGLES

EP Gridiron's Top 6 teams won their games excluding ofcourse Eastlake they didn't play and the bottom 3 teams lost their games. I don't think there will be much movement within the Top 7 teams but then again EP Gridiron is aggressive with their ranking on teams because obviously they go by their ratings and their ratings determine where the team is eventually ranked. Can't wait to see them.

Question why do Montwood fans think they deserve the number one spot??3 of there win have come to 0-5 teams friendship Midland Socorro????

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m