EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Week 6: (4-0) Montwood Rams Vs. (2-2) El Dorado Aztecs (District Game)

Will we see a repeat of last season's game that the Rams won or will the Aztecs get their revenge?

Re: Week 6: (4-0) Montwood Rams Vs. (2-2) El Dorado Aztecs (District Game)

Rams
Will we see a repeat of last season's game that the Rams won or will the Aztecs get their revenge?

Rams will win 49-6!!!

Rams

Oh you mean last season when El Do ended up #1 with the DC tittle lol..according to eptimes and epgridiron.

~LARRY-BIRD~
Rams

Oh you mean last season when El Do ended up #1 with the DC tittle lol..according to eptimes and epgridiron.
You absolutely do not know what your talking about obviously!!!

Cats32
~LARRY-BIRD~
Rams

Lol someone's in denile river obviously

Cats32
~LARRY-BIRD~
Rams

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.elpasotimes.com/amp/93397232

That's the link just as a reminder

If I recall Montwood beat El Dorado in the closing seconds and they shared District title. And with all that talent El Dorado had they also lost in the first round of the playoffs. So mister Bird lets see next Friday who has the better team. I have Montwood with the win 50-28.

I predict this game will be a offensive shoot-out with both teams scoring at will. So don't expect to see much defense in this game. ELDs QB Cedarious Barfield will have a good day running around and through the Rams defense and will probably score 5 TDs but it still won't be enough to stop the Rams high powered offense and it's plethora of playmakers.

Boaz
I predict this game will be a offensive shoot-out with both teams scoring at will. So don't expect to see much defense in this game. ELDs QB Cedarious Barfield will have a good day running around and through the Rams defense and will probably score 5 TDs but it still won't be enough to stop the Rams high powered offense and it's plethora of playmakers.

Plethora?
I looked that word up to see how it's used in a sentence. Some of us do not have the intellect as you Boaz.

MHS_Rams
Boaz

Plethora?
I looked that word up to see how it's used in a sentence. Some of us do not have the intellect as you Boaz.

yea he's football intellectually challenged. Just sit and watch on Friday

Montwood 55-21

Keys to Victory:

Montwood:

1. Defense Defense Defense (Force ELD to punt)!!!
2. Ball Control (Keep ELDs offense off the field)
3. Limit turnovers
4. Establish the run early
5. Score on every possession
6. Put #4 on Elds best WRs or in the safety position on defense
8. #33 LB Everette Ruhl played an awesome game against Socorro last thursday night and earned the right to start at LB against ELD.
9. Spread the ball around to playmakers
10. The Troopers missed too many tackles on CB Fri night. Don't make the same mistake!

ELD:

1. Defense Defense Defense!!!
2. Ball Control (keep MWs offense off the field)
3. Limit turnovers
4. Establish the run early
5. Score on every possession
6. ELDs QB Cedarious Barfield must continue to do what he does best: taking what the defense gives him and making plays.
7. Double/Triple Team the Rams #4 WR Tyreese Andrus
8. Keep the pressure on MWs QB Andrew Fernandez
9. Take away the deep pass
10. Surprise MW with a trick play early in the game.

This should be the "Game of the Week"

Good luck to both teams!

Game of the Week!

I will be at this game forsure

ELDO wins 42-20 all they have to do is contain Tyreese Andrus. That is the Montwood rams.

Game of the Week

Cedarious Barfield vs Tyreese Andrus

The rest of the players can sit on the stands.

Had all the staters back this practice and our offense looked unstoppable. I believe Montwood Will put up big numbers in this game.

~LARRY-BIRD~
Rams

. It was a 3 way tie for the District Title. No out right Champion!

Boaz

. Your wrong Boaz,, Montwood Defense will contain the QB and RB to under 60 each.

Oscar
Game of the Week

Cedarious Barfield vs Tyreese Andrus

The rest of the players can sit on the stands.

Wouldn't be much fun watching 2 kids chase eachother around the field while the teams sit (in not on) the stands. Lol

You can't compare these two kids one is good and the other is great. ELDO BY 7

AB there is no one on El Do that can contain Tyreese nor Andrew nor Tury and the whole o-line. Montwood big win over El Dorado.

Mont
AB there is no one on El Do that can contain Tyreese nor Andrew nor Tury and the whole o-line. Montwood big win over El Dorado.

After the game please don't hide come back and post comments under the same username you used MONT.

El dorado has a huge line and they run behind the beef and Montwood defensive line is suspect, they give too much too soon. They will have a hard time stopping el dorado Qb and last weeks playing calling against Socorro was bad and it will be again this week El do 35 Montwood 21

Fan
El dorado has a huge line and they run behind the beef and Montwood defensive line is suspect, they give too much too soon. They will have a hard time stopping el dorado Qb and last weeks playing calling against Socorro was bad and it will be again this week El do 35 Montwood 21

Thanks for letting us know how they run. Our kids will be ready. Montwood over El Do! Big win!

Rams2018
Fan

Thanks for letting us know how they run. Our kids will be ready. Montwood over El Do! Big win!

El Dorado over Montwood!

big Win 4 El Dorado!!!

QUIT USING MY NAME!!! LMAO
either way MONTWOOD LAYS THE SMACK DOWN!
#realpurplewave

Unlike last seasons win by MW, this game won't even be close. Minus ELD QB Cedarious Barfield, the Aztecs have no offense. Which means CB will have to score 7-8 TDs by himself to outscore MWs offense. MWs has too many playmakers on offense and if memory serves me right their #1 WR Tyreese Andrus only scored 1 TD in last season's contest, while Cedarious Barfield scored about 5 TDs for ELD . But MW still won the game. In my view this will be a battle between QBs MWs Andrew Fernandez Vs. ELD Cedarious Barfield. The QB that plays the best will lead his team to victory!

I know who Ty is and Andrew who is Tury??Mont has to be Turys Dad!Lol The truth is CB is better then anyone on Montwood. TY is good but again not CB.

Sorry I'm no ones dad just a fan. To me it sounds like your CB's dad who is a very good athlete. Like the previous comments he is a one man machine. Second I didn't bring up that Montwood has been down players the last Two games and are all back. Good luck to your son he's a great ball player. Montwood wins this game.

This is definitely the game of the week and unlike last year’s shootout I don’t think it’ll be the same this year. I got Montwood by 14 points. If Montwood’s defense can contain CB16, which is easier said than done, Rams cruise the whole game. Either way good luck to both teams and hope it’s an injure free game. Go Rams!!!

El Dorado Aztecs 45 Montwood Rams 28

I am going out on a limb and saying that MW will take this one big, last year everyone had to worry about Hampton and CB when they focused on one the other scored at will; this year it's a different story CB cannot carry the whole team as he has the last games.

Ty I believe is much better athletically than CB but they're each great at their respective positions, now if you look at what CB will play in college a DB I don't think he would be able to contain or stop Ty.

Ruhl or (Tech what we called him in the Falcons) is a great LB glad he is finally showing his ability and we should see more from him

EP to Brownsville
Ty I believe is much better athletically than CB

Ahh no.

TY has better hands and CB has better feet.

I rather have feet over hands all the time and obviously college recruiters think the same as I.

Game of the week can't wait.

I disagree...both Tyreese and Cedarious are great athletes! But if you want to make comparison's Tyreese is the better athlete hand's down. I have yet to see CB duplicate what Tyreese does on offense and defense. Not to mention other sports...like basketball and track. If they ran a foot race, CB would probably win. But that's the only advantage I see him having over Tyreese. And to add more fire to the flame, Tyreese in my opinion has the potential to be a better QB than CB. And those that have seen him throw the football over the years can probably attest to this but fortunately for all the QBs in ELP, Tyreese doesn't want the job!!!

But this game isn't about these two players so I'm done with the comparisons.

You must know more then the 8 D1 scouts!!!#

Yes they're ranked #1 for now but Montwood and El Dorado are old Rivals and every year it a great game to see.

You sound stupid to me and need to stop with the comparisons. Both players are good athletes that play two different positions. And just because a player has more D1 offers doesn't make him the better athlete. If that was the case RB Aaron Jones wouldn't be playing in the NFL today. So your comment about CB having 8 D1 offers really means nothing. My question to you is out of all those offers how many did he get for playing QB? So stop trying to play these kids against one another. It's one thing to compare QBs for tonight's game like EP Gridiron did on their post but making a comparison between a QB and WR from opposing teams is stupid to me. And let's not forget this is still a team game...and the team that scores the most, has less penalties, and plays good defense will win the game. That's the bottom line!!!

And one last thing, I'm picking the Aztecs to win tonight's contest 42-28

Nate
You sound stupid to me and need to stop with the comparisons. Both players are good athletes that play two different positions. And just because a player has more D1 offers doesn't make him the better athlete. If that was the case RB Aaron Jones wouldn't be playing in the NFL today. So your comment about CB having 8 D1 offers really means nothing. My question to you is out of all those offers how many did he get for playing QB? So stop trying to play these kids against one another. It's one thing to compare QBs for tonight's game like EP Gridiron did on their post but making a comparison between a QB and WR from opposing teams is stupid to me. And let's not forget this is still a team game...and the team that scores the most, has less penalties, and plays good defense will win the game. That's the bottom line!!!

And one last thing, I'm picking the Aztecs to win tonight's contest 42-28

You sound like an angry person. Relax, chill, before you hurt yourself.

William...I'm not angry at all...and seldom do I even comment on the forum but you must admit the D1 offers comment is not a good measuring stick for talent. Simply because there are so many good high school football players in this city and elsewhere that simply fall under the radar. Again, Aaron Jones proved that with hard work and dedication, ELP HS football players can not only play at the college level but can even get drafted in the NFL.

What are people going to start using Aaron Jones road to the NFL as a defense in blog talk from here on out?

Understand this
Players like Aaron Jones are an exception to the rule. If you do not understand what that means dont bother replying to my post and just move along your merry way.

Truth
I know who Ty is and Andrew who is Tury??Mont has to be Turys Dad!Lol The truth is CB is better then anyone on Montwood. TY is good but again not CB.

lmao, this is funny, between Tury's dad and the little linebackers dad trying to insert them into the spotlight it just funny. The linebacker doesn't even start. He's probably the most talked about backup ever... Now who is this Tury?

Slider Dad
Truth

lmao, this is funny, between Tury's dad and the little linebackers dad trying to insert them into the spotlight it just funny. The linebacker doesn't even start. He's probably the most talked about backup ever... Now who is this Tury?

Almost every dad wants his boy talked about on EPG and why not it's football season!!!

You guys are to funny just let the boy's play. Talk about stats not putting these kids down. Your the parent not the players.

Slider Dad
Truth

Why don’t you go to a game and pay attention for ounce, cause you obviously don’t know what your talking about. Your probably salty cause middle school football is over, relax your sons time to be ridiculed on this forum is coming! Game Day go and learn something. Go Rams

Back to Tenochtitlan you go Aztecs.

MW 42
ELD 22

Halftime

Final 61-42 Montwood wins it!

Slider dad just for your information Tury is #3. He had two TD catches and key catches for first down.

RAM56
Slider dad just for your information Tury is #3. He had two TD catches and key catches for first down.
Guy was a joke! Tury has been instrumental since last year.

Great game and great win Rams

Ajax
Slider Dad
Truth

Almost every dad wants his boy talked about on EPG and why not it's football season!!!

Slider Dad, you've got some issues, and should probably just sit back and live in your middle school football glory days, and leave high school analysis to those that know more! First, how 'bout you actually watch a game, like really pay attention. Maybe then, you might see that Montwood is stacked on offense, including Tury Cepeda, Neo Rodriguez, Edward Garibay, Alex Rodriguez, Andrew Revilla, AND Tyreese Andrus. Get a clue bro, really.
And if you really paid attention, this "little linebacker" you mention, isn't a linebacker at all. He's a safety, free and strong. And it's my understanding he didn't start this week, because of a missed practice. These coaches don't play - you don't practice, you don't start. Simple.
If you have a kid playing (or not playing seems more like it), just tell us his name, if you're feeling left out. Otherwise, stop targeting these kids indivually, and keep it about the game.

My question. Why doesn't MHS coaches give #23 more touches? He came in and rips off a 47yd TD. Then his next touch is for close to 20yds. He didn't see the ball between the TD and last rush. I left at the midpoint of the 4th so I do not know if he got any touches after that. If not in the backfield at least returning kicks. I believe him getting more PT would help balance their offense out more. NO he is not my son...lol. My son plays in college, just a slightly partial observation.

HOUNDS 93
My question. Why doesn't MHS coaches give #23 more touches? He came in and rips off a 47yd TD. Then his next touch is for close to 20yds. He didn't see the ball between the TD and last rush. I left at the midpoint of the 4th so I do not know if he got any touches after that. If not in the backfield at least returning kicks. I believe him getting more PT would help balance their offense out more. NO he is not my son...lol. My son plays in college, just a slightly partial observation.
Yes I agree he needs more touches definitely, but it’s my understanding he had issues with grades. Kid is just a sophomore and has a bright future with the program. All I see he needs to work on is his blocking and grades of course.

Look at the front page of sports section. That’s Tury. He also scored the winning TD last year. Great team effort RAMS!! Keep it going.

I didn't see much defense last night but MWs offense prevailed once again. But can somebody tell me why QB Andrew Fernandez hasn't been offered a scholarship by UTEP? If he keeps playing like last night, scouts will start to take notice. It's just a matter of time!

Boaz
I didn't see much defense last night but MWs offense prevailed once again. But can somebody tell me why QB Andrew Fernandez hasn't been offered a scholarship by UTEP? If he keeps playing like last night, scouts will start to take notice. It's just a matter of time!

He is to good for JUTEP.

Oscar
Boaz

He is to good for JUTEP.
Montwood Defense did very well. Had several key STOPS.

Boaz
. Don’t know you trying to say about the Defense. Montwood Defense did an outstanding job. Had several key stops.. Are you expecting shut outs?

I am a big ram supporter . However I totally agree that defense is the weak link the defense front is poorly coached and couldn’t stop a Nose bleed , Lb miss a lot of tackles and are slow to cover wrs and secondary will get pick apart even more versus a better passing team like the ones coming up. A strong defense will slow but not stop the ram offense “they are pretty good but in an offensive show down with better opponents they will lose due to their defense. I hope the rams win out but it’s gonna be hard because opponents have been able to hold on to the football and that keeps that offense off the field and cold. Some of the examples of that have been Socorro , Burges and el dorado . Even though Socorro was fumble happy they still keep the ball away and beat up that ram defense .
Good luck Rams

Don't face another quarterback like D.B the rest of the year. Montwood had a lot of kids out last two game before El Dorado. Offense is unstoppable and defense keeps improving. Coaches will adjust and Montwood will be fine.

It was like I said...CB would have had to score 7-8 TDs by himself to beat MW!

Ram fan
I am a big ram supporter . However I totally agree that defense is the weak link the defense front is poorly coached and couldn’t stop a Nose bleed , Lb miss a lot of tackles and are slow to cover wrs and secondary will get pick apart even more versus a better passing team like the ones coming up. A strong defense will slow but not stop the ram offense “they are pretty good but in an offensive show down with better opponents they will lose due to their defense. I hope the rams win out but it’s gonna be hard because opponents have been able to hold on to the football and that keeps that offense off the field and cold. Some of the examples of that have been Socorro , Burges and el dorado . Even though Socorro was fumble happy they still keep the ball away and beat up that ram defense .
Good luck Rams

Com-on now Ram supporter, yes I agree with you on the Coaches defense formation at times. If you noticed, when you only have a nose tackle and 2 D-ends, of course its going to look like they are going thru, the formation makes the D look to open and weak. According to MaxPrep stats the 2 Linebackers are in the City top 5 in 1-6A with Tackles, so don't what your saying in missed tackles.
You guys cant compare the offense with the defense. You cant expect a shut down defense in todays spread offense. The defense has made some key stops and the offense prevails. Seems like you guys want to see a score of 80 to 0.

EastRam
Ram fan
Good luck Rams

Com-on now Ram supporter, yes I agree with you on the Coaches defense formation at times. If you noticed, when you only have a nose tackle and 2 D-ends, of course its going to look like they are going thru, the formation makes the D look to open and weak. According to MaxPrep stats the 2 Linebackers are in the City top 5 in 1-6A with Tackles, so don't what your saying in missed tackles.
You guys cant compare the offense with the defense. You cant expect a shut down defense in todays spread offense. The defense has made some key stops and the offense prevails. Seems like you guys want to see a score of 80 to 0.

Ram fan, the Rams defense does good and will continue to do good.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m