Forum: EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
District 1-6a coaches on the hot seat

Which coaches do you all think are on the hot seat and who should coach the team if the job opens?

Re: District 1-6a coaches on the hot seat

I know you said 1-6a coaches but this is my opinion on the other coaches

Head coaches on SUPER HOT seat
Eastwood
Eranklin
Socorro
Irvin

Head coaches on HOT seat
Chapin
Jefferson
Ysleta
Horizon

Head coaches on MILD seat
Coronado
Americas
Riverside

Franklin's Walker needs to go. From a school that faired well on defense from 1997 to 2006, they allow too many points since walker took the helm.

From the get go coach Walker was never a right fit for Franklin.

Walker should have stayed at Chapin where he fit perfectly.

"Hot Seat" coaches in El Paso is relevant to only the parents and fans of their respective schools. Administrators and AD's are not going to fire anyone in EP for lack of winning. That's just the way it is.

Reading some of these posts from people you would think that just because they won in the past they should continue winning. That's just not true. Demographics, population patterns changing, etc... cause a lot of change in our schools.

Sometimes the facts need to be reasoned with and a lot of times that simply means your kids at your school may not be as great as you believe that they are. Sorry to be the bearer of realism.

Quote: Edgar
I know you said 1-6a coaches but this is my opinion on the other coaches

Head coaches on SUPER HOT seat
Eastwood
Eranklin
Socorro
Irvin

Head coaches on HOT seat
Chapin
Jefferson
Ysleta
Horizon

Head coaches on MILD seat
Coronado
Americas
Riverside

Eastwood went a while without wins before this coach
Socorro second season
Irvin first season
Chapin is successful in town, no other team is consistently successful out of town
Jefferson first year
Ysleta may be due for change
Horizon first year program
Coronado ready
Americas is fine
Riverside definitely

Premature this early to call for jobs?

I feel you on that, but Franklin has never really had high powered athletes. Good athletes, yes. With the athletes we had, we still kicked ass on defense. A big part of that was the coaching before Walker came in. Walker is a decent coach, do not get me wrong. I just feel the defense is something that needs a spark ,again, like in the past. Anderson kicked ass at the helm of defensive coordinator at Franklin. I'm not sure how he is doing head coach wise at Coronado, but defensively he is good.

Socorro's Head Coach needs to go. Hes already close to a repeat of last season. That dummy left Burges who is one of the Top teams in the city at the moment. He needs to go if Socorro doesn't improve.

Quote: mike03car
Premature this early to call for jobs?

Yeah people should wait until a team is 0-5 like UTEP then call for their jobs.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m