EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
EPG's newly updated Top 10

WTF? Montwood won. They beat Socorro. How does Montwood drop from #1 to #2? I don't freaking get it. Ok fine Pebble Hills beat Franklin but for Pebble Hills to skyrocket from #5 all the way to #1? Are you freaking kidding me? Franklin is weak this year!!!!! This is bocus on so many levels!!!!!!!!!!

#1 PEBBLE HILLS SPARTANS
#2 MONTWOOD RAMS
#3 EASTLAKE FALCONS
#4 PARKLAND MATADORS
#5 DEL VALLE CONQUISTADORES
#6 EL DORADO AZTECS
#7 CHAPIN HUSKIES
#8 BURGES MUSTANGS
#9 CORONADO THUNDERBIRDS
#10 ANDRESS EAGLES

Montwood is the true #1. They have played and beaten better teams.

Re: EPG's newly updated Top 10

Don't worry about the rankings, just focus on the next game eldorado.
Go RAMS

meangreen
Don't worry about the rankings, just focus on the next game eldorado.
Go RAMS

I'm not worried. I'm only saying that it is bogus. Our boys beat Socorro and we still drop in the rankings? Whatever. Bring on El Do

Relax relax, EPG has some weird way of ranking that makes no sense at times. All that matters is who stands on top in the end. El Paso times and Dave Campbell had us ranked 5th or 6th and look at how wrong they've been. For what ever reason MHS dropped even though they haven't lost is beyond me, maybe they want to shake up the boards or maybe MHS didn't beat Socorro by enough points in their eyes who knows??

Keep eating Spartans! Haters gonna hate

Cats I agree,
All that matters is the Rams take one game at a time. No need to worry about the rankings by the gridiron, times, and Dave Campbell's.

I see the rankings differently. Being ranked #1 also means living up to that ranking. So the pressure is now on PHs to remain at the top. But for the Spartans it couldn't have happened at a better time because they have the T-Birds next on their schedule. A game that I predict will improve their record to 5-0. While MW has a tougher and rival game against ELD, who always plays like they have something to prove against the Rams! The Rams won last season's contest but the Aztecs have the momentum in their favor after a resounding victory against Eastwood.

Chapin rated to low. They beat Eastlake.

Spartandad
Chapin rated to low. They beat Eastlake.

I agree but then again Eastlake did beat El Dorado and El Dorado has beaten some decent teams and Eastlake also beat Parkland. For crying out loud Chapin almost lost to Bel Air and Austin. Chapin is inconsistent. A loss to either Bel Air or Austin and Chapin probably wouldn't be a Top 10 team at all. A lot of football still left to be played. I told you all that is why I enjoy following EPG's rankings and El Paso Times rankings although they differ a lot it makes the season interesting and kinda fun to follow.

According to the Gridiron line Montwood was a 56 point favorite over Socorro but only won by 23 while Pebble Hills was a 7 point favorite over Franklin and won by 29 points. Not sure about giving the home team 5 points when it is two SISD schools playing each other at the SAC though.

So I guess based on that logic MW should have played their starters the entire game and beat Socorro by a minimum of 70 points to retain their #1 EPG ranking!

Not defending the logic, just saying why I think they dropped to #2. Montwood finishes the regular season 10-0, they will be ranked #1. Maybe do not be so worried about where your team is ranked the first of October?

Boaz
So I guess based on that logic MW should have played their starters the entire game and beat Socorro by a minimum of 70 points to retain their #1 EPG ranking!

I think that comment holds some truth because afterall they are called power rankings for a reason and Montwood's backups did not show that much power to pull away from Socorro. And true EPG probably goes by other things but I believe that a team's backups or bench are calculated in there some how.

Chunky
According to the Gridiron line Montwood was a 56 point favorite over Socorro but only won by 23 while Pebble Hills was a 7 point favorite over Franklin and won by 29 points. Not sure about giving the home team 5 points when it is two SISD schools playing each other at the SAC though.

Franklin is not a SISD school

Chunky
Not defending the logic, just saying why I think they dropped to #2. Montwood finishes the regular season 10-0, they will be ranked #1. Maybe do not be so worried about where your team is ranked the first of October?

Montwood will not beat Pebble Hills

Eastsider
Chunky

Franklin is not a SISD school
He's talking about the Montwood/Socorro game!

EPG probably looked at this.

Montwood beat Midland 58-53
Franklin beat Midland 48-22

If Franklin beat Midland 48-22 and Pebble Hills beat Franklin 57-28 surely this played a role in there somewhere because although Pebble Hills has not played a out of town team Franklin has.

Juco
EPG probably looked at this.

Montwood beat Midland 58-53
Franklin beat Midland 48-22

If Franklin beat Midland 48-22 and Pebble Hills beat Franklin 57-28 surely this played a role in there somewhere because although Pebble Hills has not played a out of town team Franklin has.

Juco you may be correct on that. Makes some sense when you think about it in that manner. Also Juco if I may add to your post Pebble Hills beat Chapin and Chapin beat Eastlake and Eastlake beat El Dorado and Eastlake beat Parkland. As you say all this including what you posted had to have played some part in EP Gridiron's ranking of Pebble Hills way up there jumping teams like Eastlake, Parkland, El Dorado and Montwood.

MONTWOOD RAMS SCHEDULE SO FAR

Frenship is 0-5 everyone is beating Frenship

Midland is 0-5 everyone is beating Midland

Burges is 3-1 burges wins have come against weak teams like Ysleta, Deming, and Bowie

Socorro is 0-5 everyone is beating Socorro

Deceiving Montwood 4-0 record. Montwood should be ranked somewhere between #3 and #6

DaScoop

Burges is 3-1 burges wins have come against weak teams like Ysleta, Deming, and Bowie

Deceiving Montwood 4-0 record. Montwood should be ranked somewhere between #3 and #6

Well well well that makes things a bit clearer. I never bothered to look at how the teams that Montwood has beaten to see how those teams are doing. That is the way to dig. Nicely done DaScoop

Juco
DaScoop

Well well well that makes things a bit clearer. I never bothered to look at how the teams that Montwood has beaten to see how those teams are doing. That is the way to dig. Nicely done DaScoop

Looking at that and the other stuff you all have posted I believe El Dorado will beat Montwood. Oops sorry I meant to say I believe Cedarious will beat Montwood.

The Montwood Hams!!!

Talk is cheap we will all see soon enough.

Mont
Talk is cheap we will all see soon enough.

Yes we will

DaScoop

Great stuff DaScoop. The Montwood and Socorro game was probably the final straw to see who Montwood truly is and everyone sees Montwood is good but not great as many were thinking.

DaScoop

Those 0-5 Frenship and Midland teams would easily beat majority of all El Paso teams.

just wait till we beat Chapin or Andress. we'll see if you're still implying that we're a bad team then

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m