Forum: EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Coronado vs Pebble Hills Week 6

Very interesting matchup in 1-6A. Who gets the win?

Re: Coronado vs Pebble Hills Week 6

Coronado 28
Fruity Pebbles 14

Coronado way to physical. Fruity Pebbles will see what a real 6a team plays like.

I see Pebble hills wining this one. PH to much offense and Coronado lack of offense. 34-14 PH

Pebble Hills 42 Coronado 10. I don't see Pebble Hills losing to anyone except Montwood.

It will be a big test for both teams.Coronado starting Rb back Madrid is a game changer.they have a common opponent in Andress .Coronado d shut them down but couldn't score.Ph scored more but didn't play good D .This will be a close game I say 35-34 tbirds

Coronado high school still has a football program

Quote: Truth
It will be a big test for both teams.Coronado starting Rb back Madrid is a game changer.they have a common opponent in Andress .Coronado d shut them down but couldn't score.Ph scored more but didn't play good D .This will be a close game I say 35-34 tbirds

Andress scored 13 points Vs Pebble Hills while Pebble Hills D scored a TD Vs Andress.Sounds like pretty good defense to me.

Same here..only team I see PHS losing against is Montwood!

Quote: Curious
Pebble Hills 42 Coronado 10. I don't see Pebble Hills losing to anyone except Montwood.

Pebble Hills is going to beat Montwood

Quote: Chunky
Coronado 28
Fruity Pebbles 14

Coronado way to physical. Fruity Pebbles will see what a real 6a team plays like.

Funny to hear "chunky" saying fruity pebbles, that's probably what you're eating behind your phone screen

Quote: Truth

Pebble hills didn't play good D?? What are you smoking?

i got Fruity Pebbles, they're senior stacked. Coronados good, but not that good and they will definitely be a contender for that 4th seat.
42-21 Pebble Hills

Coronado only td came on Andress because for a fumbled punt which they recovered inside andress 5 yard line. PHHS will win this game easily.

You couldn't score on Andreas what makes you think you'll score on PH.

Quote: Hulk 2017

I don't know Hulk. I am not a Montwood fan, but I wonder if we have really seen their whole arsenal. I know the Midland final score was close, but I could have sworn it was a blowout in the third quarter (wasn't there so please don't hold me to it). I don't want to get into it too much right now because it is a ways away with a lot of football yet to be played, but I don't see either team losing to anyone until they play each other.

Pebble Hills should win this one. Coronado is not good

PHs will get their first loss against the T-Birds in a close game.

Quote: Football Enthusiast
PHs will get their first loss against the T-Birds in a close game.

CHs T-Birds will get their third loss against the Spartans in a blowout.

Does Coronado still only have one set of bleachers or do they have both sides with bleachers now?

We will stop the outside rushing game. They don't run through the line because of very small players.We will beat Pebble Hills 28-14.

Quote: Tbird
We will stop the outside rushing game. They don't run through the line because of very small players.We will beat Pebble Hills 28-14.

Good luck with that.

No luck needed but thanks anyway.

No luck needed but thanks anyway.

Coronado will beat them. They destroyed them last year. 17- of 22 statrters are the kids that played the Pebble hills team last year. Its all about matchups. Coronado in a closer game due to PH having some Senior Leadership as well.

Last Years offense at Coronado was Donatelli, Herrera, slaughter, Madrid at skills positions . The same line less Beeler. So its the same thing. Two young teams re visiting a battle easily won by Coronado last year. 28-14 Tbirds

They get a few wins over 5a schools and one struggling 6a school and they think they're going to win it all. Stop the outside running game they have nothing.

Plenty of passing touchdowns and defensive touchdowns is not an outside running game. They're stacked everywhere!

Not a very good passing game and we won't have many turnovers. And like I said no size at all.

Agree PHHS is going to kill it on the field. We not Juniors anymore!

Quote: Big O
Agree PHHS is going to kill it on the field. We not Juniors anymore!

Dodo bird it does not matter what classification a player is. There are players throughout the state and country who are sophomores and juniors who kickbutt. There are a lot of juniors who have multiple division 1 offers. Juniors is when they should be at their peak.

You all win a few games and all of a sudden think you're a seasoned team! Give yourselves a few more years to claim that top team rank!

Swept Northeast, started on the West then coming to kill it in the East!

Quote: BIG TIME
calm down, your arrogance makes everyone wanna hate you guys. Good luck against Coronado cause you'll need it

Not arrogant, just having fun. El Do and Montwood will both be games of the week. Much to look forward to.

SPARTA !!!!!!We know who You really are!!!!

63-7 Go Tbirds!!!!!

Quote: Spartandad

Good luck with that.

He's getting a little personal lol. If they spread out to stop edge rushes then PHHS gouged them between the tackles. It's called making adjustments.

Quote: RamNation
calm down, your arrogance makes everyone wanna hate you guys. Good luck against Coronado cause you'll need it

Same could be said for 'Tbird' and all his trash talk.

Quote: RamNation

Same could be said for 'Tbird' and all his trash talk.

Like I said.... 17 of Coronado's current starters were starting juniors or Sophomores last year. This is virtually the same matchup as last year.

Seabrook, Slaughter, Abarca, McFadden, Arroyo were all Sophomores last year. Madrid, Donatelli, Hererra, Alvarez, and the Lines were Juniors. Its the same game all over again. These kids know each other.

Pebble Hills by 50

Quote: FHS
Pebble Hills by 50

Coronado by 24

Pebble Hills 24 Coronado 31

Funny how someone from Pebbles Hills used the FHS. No west side team is cheering for you.
Not cheering for anyone just my honest opinion

PHHS will win!

I have not seen Chs play so please forgive me for a one-sided look at the game. PHHS has faced good sized O Lines all season. The key is they play fast all over on defense. Remember most of these kids have played next to each other for the last four years. I believe #44 is one of the best LBs in the city. Fast size and physical.
Offensively they have a good sized line. Receivers all have size and speed amd pretty good hands. Their key back is one of the best in the city and a home run threat every touch. QB size is always a question mark but so far he is handling that.
One last thing their opponent did send out some motivation.
Hoping for a great and safe game. God Bless

Will SPARTANS week off from school have an affect on the way they play? Coronado walked all over the SPARTANS last year, both teams are composed primarily with the same players on both teams. Coronado has the bragging edge, while SPARTANS have the momentum flowing.

Quote: Hounds93
I have not seen Chs play so please forgive me for a one-sided look at the game. PHHS has faced good sized O Lines all season. The key is they play fast all over on defense. Remember most of these kids have played next to each other for the last four years. I believe #44 is one of the best LBs in the city. Fast size and physical.
Offensively they have a good sized line. Receivers all have size and speed amd pretty good hands. Their key back is one of the best in the city and a home run threat every touch. QB size is always a question mark but so far he is handling that.
One last thing their opponent did send out some motivation.
Hoping for a great and safe game. God Bless

According to Max Prep Stats, Coronado has the BEST LB's in the City, followed by a very close Eastwood & Montwood Linebacker.

Quote: Big O
PHHS will win!

T-Bird win by a 2 points 30 - 28 .

In my opinion, PHs hasn't really been tested yet. Their game against Franklin was a fluke because everyone's knows that the Cougars are rebuilding. But tonight's game against Coronado is a very interesting match-up. But I think the T-Birds will squeeze out a victory. If not, I'm afraid PHs won't get truly tested until they play Montwood, Eastwood and El Dorado.

Coronado 28
Pebble Hills 14

Coronado running all over fruity pebbles

Quote: Hulk 2017

I don't know Hulk. I am not a Montwood fan, but I wonder if we have really seen their whole arsenal. I know the Midland final score was close, but I could have sworn it was a blowout in the third quarter (wasn't there so please don't hold me to it). I don't want to get into it too much right now because it is a ways away with a lot of football yet to be played, but I don't see either team losing to anyone until they play each other.

Montwoods Second team played the entire 3rd & 4th at Midland. Class act by Coach to get his back ups ready.

To those who have post using the words Fruity Pebbles. Earlier today the Pebble Hills faithful have been circulating this image throughout the internet in honor of you. Don't forget the milk Spartans!!!

It doesn't fail, every time Tbirds get cocky, they get their a.... handed to them.

Tbirds eating crow right now

How did that prediction work out for you all??

Seems like you could have used some luck, good game second half, and goodnight.

Salty tears and sadness, Happy Homecoming..

Great game T-birds. Tremendous second half adjustments. Good luck the rest of the season

Just watched the replay of the "touchdown" the refs gave the Spartans.
If the right call would have been made take 7 points off Spartans score and add them to the The birds score because #8 was on his way to score on that fumble.
Better luck with the refs next week Tbirds!

Quote: Tbust
Just watched the replay of the "touchdown" the refs gave the Spartans.
If the right call would have been made take 7 points off Spartans score and add them to the The birds score because #8 was on his way to score on that fumble.
Better luck with the refs next week Tbirds!

I saw the fumble on ch4 football fever yesterday also. Horrible call from the ref. Different story on the outcome of this game if Coronado would have gotten that score instead!

Lol, I think channel 4 fever must if given you FEVER!

Lol, I think channel 4 fever must if given you FEVER!

Dang you beat me to it

http://cbs4local.com/sports/football-fever/cbs4-football-fever-oct-6

Here is your fever! You know you be crying if this would have been called against you. That fumble recovery would have made it all the way if not by the refs.
Check hudle also if you need another angle on it.
I can guarantee that "touchdown" is not making that kids highlights, and you all know it.
Congrats on you "5-0"

Refs making bad calls is part of the game ! It's sucks but time to focus on next game.

The entire loss is Coronado's. No excuses. Coronado was down 0 to 23 at Halftime. Coronado put themselves in that deep hole so it's noone's fault but their own. If Coronado never put themselves in that situation before halftime all these excuses about refs would not exist or talked about.

Move on and like the person before me stated. Focus on the next game and I will add don't let the game get away from you early or else you will find yourself making excuses as to why Coronado lost again and blaming refs and others rather than the Coronado coaches and players.

Here is your fever! You know you be crying if this would have been called against you. That fumble recovery would have made it all the way if not by the refs.
I can guarantee that "touchdown" is not making that kids highlights, and you all know it.
Congrats on you "5-0"

If CHS had completed the comeback this play would not even be an issue. So why make it one now? Your team went down 24-0 and could not come back...period. The quotes around the record means nothing and no matter how you form it in your mind you lost. Give the other team credit and move on

Quote: HOUNDS 93

Congrats on you "5-0"

If CHS had completed the comeback this play would not even be an issue. So why make it one now? Your team went down 24-0 and could not come back...period. The quotes around the record means nothing and no matter how you form it in your mind you lost. Give the other team credit and move on

Oh, I give the Spartans full credit. Except....

That they did fumble into the end zone on the one yard line. The received a pass interference help where the DB was clearly looking for the ball away from the receiver, A bad spot on fourth down where the Coronado running back clearly made the first down marker on fourth and two, and last but not least.... the Coronado coaches waited until half time to adjust. They could have clearly made the changed at the end of one. Give big credit to your special teams play. the two blocked punts were the difference in the game. Our poor quarterbacks have to run to the sideline each play, to get the play. We are a little dated, but we got out coached a little, and out played a little. other than that , congrats on a clear and just victory.

Image speaks for itself

Looks good to me!

What if, what if, what If! What if SPARTANS coach didn't onside kick when SPARTANS were up by 3 scores. Maybe Coronado wouldn't have made that last td. Give it a rest! That game is in the books. While you worry about, what if, SPARTANS will worry about the east side, now that they're done with NE and WEST.

Ladies and Gentleman’s,
That picture is the truth, Touchdown Spartans!!!!!!!! Gameover T-Birds!!!!!!! What is that defensive end doing chasing, isn’t he suppose to get the runner in the backfield????? Northeast? Check. Westside?Check. East side?rReady or not here we come!!!! The Saga Continuesea??? This is SPARTA!!!!!!!

This blaming the refs is just dumb but since were on the topic let's talk about it. No guarantee Coronado would have scored on that turnover, our fastest kid was in pursuit.

Late in the game our RB was slung down in the backfield for a loss in which he got up & kept running while everyone stopped on the play. What the refs didn't see was him landing on his foot & not his rearend. Probably would have scored since everyone stopped but refs missed it.

See it goes both ways and it's all dumb. You just live with the missed calls & move on.

This blaming the refs is just dumb but since were on the topic let's talk about it. No guarantee Coronado would have scored on that turnover, our fastest kid was in pursuit.

Late in the game our RB was slung down in the backfield for a loss in which he got up & kept running while everyone stopped on the play. What the refs didn't see was him landing on his foot & not his rearend. Probably would have scored since everyone stopped but refs missed it.

See it goes both ways and it's all dumb. You just live with the missed calls & move on.

#PREACHINGTRUTH

Totally agree. People need to stop with the ref talk because everyone knows refs miss lots of calls on every game and if ref calls are going to be talked about it in message boards or blogs that talk will go on forever because like I said lots of stuff is not called and others poorly called.

I'm a Montwood fan and no Montwood fan is talking about it but I'm sure if Montwood would have lost everyone would be talking about a specific play that happened this past week against El Dorado. EP Gridiron got one of the poorly calls really great in their video. Refs called it incomplete. Refs did talk about amongst themselves or nothing it was immediately called incomplete.

Forward video to the 1:25 mark. It was a catch and we were all yelling but ref called it incomplete. We Montwood fans are not sweating it why??? Because since we won and by a lot it really is pointless and like I said if we would have lost we would be upset and possibly posting about it like idiots and I say idiots because the game is over and can't do nothing about it must move on.

I agree...complaining about week 6 is pointless. T-Bird fans need to focus on their next game.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m