EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Week 7: (2-3) Franklin Cougars Vs. (5-0) Montwood Rams

Both teams prevailed in high scoring games tonight. What does MW need to do to maintain their undefeated record? And what does Franklin need to do to slow down MWs high scoring offense? Good luck.

Go Rams!!!

Re: Week 7: (2-3) Franklin Cougars Vs. (5-0) Montwood Rams

Rams
Both teams prevailed in high scoring games tonight. What does MW need to do to maintain their undefeated record? And what does Franklin need to do to slow down MWs high scoring offense? Good luck.

Go Rams!!!

Montwood will win this one. However, the defense will have to step up. Go back to fundamentals. Go to 4-4 instead of 3-5 or whatever it is the DC is running. Defensive ends need to contain, instead of cheating in to make the sack and getting burned on the outside.

I haven't seen Franklin play this year. It will be interesting as all district games tend to be. My prediction - Montwood 56- franklin 21

Thursday night game?

The Cougars will go into this game with something to prove after thier loss to the Rams last season!

Boaz
The Cougars will go into this game with something to prove after thier loss to the Rams last season!

Does not every team go into a game with something to prove

Lol

Can Franklin pull an upset?

X-Ray

I say NO

Those Rams put up lots of points. 😑

PopsFC5
Those Rams put up lots of points. 😑

They do and its usually in bunches

Food for thought

Montwood 58 Midland 53

Franklin 48 Midland 22

Boonbltz
Food for thought

Montwood 58 Midland 53

Franklin 48 Midland 22
Montwood was up 55-33 in the 3rd quarter before the 2’s and 3’s went in. Imagine if the ones stayed in it till the end, yes food for thought!!!

Our second string will be ready if needed.They put in the work and get to play. I as a parent don't care if we win 52-0 or 52-51 a win is a win.

None of that matters anyway. Franklin beat Midland worst than Desoto did this year that means Franklin and Desoto will be a great game. Lol no!

Good luck Montwood whichever squad your coaches deside to play hope to see some great football Thursday night!

Whichever squad? You all are insane man lol. It's Franklin High School (Varsity) vs Montwood High School (Varsity)!!! Lol that's it.

You got it Pops! Lol. Well wishes for coaches parents support groups and all the brave athletes on both teams!

Indeed.

Prediction

Montwood 75 Franklin 55

Oscar
Prediction

Montwood 75 Franklin 55

Really! Lol

X-Ray

Sure...in their wildest dreams!

Lol dang.

Boonbltz
Food for thought

Montwood 58 Midland 53

Franklin 48 Midland 22

Food for ur Thoughts:

Montwoods back-ups played the 3rd & 4th quarters.

Rams2018
Rams

Go Rams!!!

Montwood will win this one. However, the defense will have to step up. Go back to fundamentals. Go to 4-4 instead of 3-5 or whatever it is the DC is running. Defensive ends need to contain, instead of cheating in to make the sack and getting burned on the outside.

I haven't seen Franklin play this year. It will be interesting as all district games tend to be. My prediction - Montwood 56- franklin 21

Agree ! We got to give credit to those kids on defend. They are coming up with some key stops and making plays.

Well I hope they play 3rd and 4th quarter on Thursday.

Hey Eastsider I'm the real Eastsider been using this username forever in this message board. Make up a different username. Come on

I think FHS needs to pound #21 and try and keep that MHS offense off of the field as much as possible.

Eastsider
Hey Eastsider I'm the real Eastsider been using this username forever in this message board. Make up a different username. Come on

Then use RealEastsider.

They need to keep Montwood off the field and score on every drive. Thats the key to beat Montwood.

RB Seth Dominguez won't be enough to beat the Rams. And the Cougars need to play all-around defense and not just focus on one player.

I do think we must make other guys beat us other than #1 and #4. Montwood will score regardless but put pressure on other guys to make the big plays.

Eastsider
Rams2018
Rams

Go Rams!!!

Agree ! We got to give credit to those kids on defend. They are coming up with some key stops and making plays.

Montwoods defense is doing good, you guys are just comparing it to the Offense caliber. Actually Montwoods Linebacker #35 is in the 1-6A top 3 Leader in Tackles.

Game Day bby!!!! Montwood ready to feast on some Cougar meat tonight! Good luck to both teams. Go Rams!!!

Let's GOOOOOOOOOO Rams! Good luck to our coaches and players. Praying for a safe, injury free game for all.

Hey cats,
What did you think? Great team effort tonight by the rams.
Next up coronado
Go rams

The Rams escaped with a hard fought victory tonight against the Franklin Cougars. And without reservation, I take my hat off to the Cougars for making it a very competitive game and for not giving up. They literally fought it out to the very end. Overall, it was a great game between two very good teams.

meangreen
Hey cats,
Next up coronado
Go rams
Man I was pleased with the adversity they faced when Andrew went down and his little bro stepped up with 2 td’s of himself. I keep trying to give the defense credit and they do get it done when they need to, but the secondary is out weekest link. They can stop the run fairly well but the secondary makes to many mental errors and they need to really evaluate themselves. Overall Montwood did very well and a win is a win, on to Thunderbird Stadium next week. Good job boys!

Cats32
meangreen
Hey cats,
Next up coronado
Go rams
Man I was pleased with the adversity they faced when Andrew went down and his little bro stepped up with 2 td’s of himself. I keep trying to give the defense credit and they do get it done when they need to, but the secondary is out weekest link. They can stop the run fairly well but the secondary makes to many mental errors and they need to really evaluate themselves. Overall Montwood did very well and a win is a win, on to Thunderbird Stadium next week. Good job boys!

Cats, Andrew didn't go down, his nursing a sore ankle from last week.
Defense is making their key stops, but remember, you cant expect a shutout. Secondary had 2 interceptions.

Congrats to our Rams but in no way are they ready for the playoffs with that defense. Good thing the playoffs are not tomorrow and there are more regular season games left to work on the defense.

MHS_Rams
Congrats to our Rams but in no way are they ready for the playoffs with that defense. Good thing the playoffs are not tomorrow and there are more regular season games left to work on the defense.

Whats your suggestion MHS_Rams?

I wasn't going to mention the horrible calls that were made by the Refs last night. Hope they can fix it and start calling cleaner games for all teams. Also I have to take my hat off for the performance from Jason our back up QB great job and great win. Congratulations to the Montwood Rams they're 6-0. And great game by the Franklin Cougars who look very good on both sides of the ball.

Rams
The Rams escaped with a hard fought victory tonight against the Franklin Cougars. And without reservation, I take my hat off to the Cougars for making it a very competitive game and for not giving up. They literally fought it out to the very end. Overall, it was a great game between two very good teams.

Rams: The word ESCAPED is questionable? Other than Franklin scoring first, Montwood took command and tempo of the ENTIRE game .

I was at the game and Montwood did not take command of anything. Franklin had the momentum but their receiver I believe it was number #16 or #18 dropped a pass for easy TD. That was the turning point. Montwood did escape. Montwoods defense has alot and I mean alot of holes that they better fix or else they will be eliminated in the first round of the Texas State playoffs no matter who they play.

Dads of Montwood defensive players don't get so easily offended. Just look at all the points teams are putting up on Montwood.

There will come game where Montwoods offense will not score over 20 points and Montwoods defense will have to pull out the W because in the Texas state playoffs defense wins championships.

If any person is offended by this in any way as if I am targeting your team then you dont know squat about football and all you know is drama and how to argue nonsense. Football championships ate not won by hope, being optimistic, and other nonsense. Championships in the playoffs are won by defenses and Montwood has lots amd lots of holes or rather I say weak spots.

Has Montwood shutout any teams this season or atleast held a couple of teams under 2 touchdowns???

DaRock
I was at the game and Montwood did not take command of anything. Franklin had the momentum but their receiver I believe it was number #16 or #18 dropped a pass for easy TD. That was the turning point. Montwood did escape. Montwoods defense has alot and I mean alot of holes that they better fix or else they will be eliminated in the first round of the Texas State playoffs no matter who they play.

Dads of Montwood defensive players don't get so easily offended. Just look at all the points teams are putting up on Montwood.

There will come game where Montwoods offense will not score over 20 points and Montwoods defense will have to pull out the W because in the Texas state playoffs defense wins championships.

If any person is offended by this in any way as if I am targeting your team then you dont know squat about football and all you know is drama and how to argue nonsense. Football championships ate not won by hope, being optimistic, and other nonsense. Championships in the playoffs are won by defenses and Montwood has lots amd lots of holes or rather I say weak spots.

Has Montwood shutout any teams this season or atleast held a couple of teams under 2 touchdowns???

Rock,
What do you suggest the d coordinator change to fix these issues?

It was back and forth. Franklins offense had it going on, great passing game. Unfortunate for the QB that receivers dropped key passes that definitely would have had 2 TDs on the board and that one by TD #3 that got called back. Those 21 points could have left Rams w a loss. #8 for Franklin giving up another 4 points in 2 point conversions was painful and needed for Franklin. Montwood offense gave Franklin a hard time throughout. FHS, what happenedbto basic D fundamentals? True that refs calls were painful for Franklin and a few for Montwood...overall, it was a good fight and I see both teams bringing it for the remainder of season.

Spectstor
It was back and forth. Franklins offense had it going on, great passing game. Unfortunate for the QB that receivers dropped key passes that definitely would have had 2 TDs on the board and that one by TD #3 that got called back. Those 21 points could have left Rams w a loss. #8 for Franklin giving up another 4 points in 2 point conversions was painful and needed for Franklin. Montwood offense gave Franklin a hard time throughout. FHS, what happenedbto basic D fundamentals? True that refs calls were painful for Franklin and a few for Montwood...overall, it was a good fight and I see both teams bringing it for the remainder of season.

Your drop passes were cause by hard hits, your 2 point conversions were stopped by the Linebackers. The Ref's will always be Ref's, both sides on that one.
(Montwood also dropped passes)

RamFan
Spectstor

Your drop passes were cause by hard hits, your 2 point conversions were stopped by the Linebackers. The Ref's will always be Ref's, both sides on that one.

Another example of how our Defense can make the key Stops. Good job Ram D .

One more thing I wanted to say is how great our second string QB played yesterday first half.

Rams 56
That is true Jason did play great!!

RamFan
Spectstor

I don't know what Spectstor will reply but as for me Montwood did all of that which you say and after all that great and superb Montwood defense that you speak of Franklin was still able to post 34 points. If you can't see the issue with Montwoods defense like everyone else is saying then you need to buy this book and many other books thereafter and then go to several clinics. Don't rely on Madden for your knowledge.

RAM56
One more thing I wanted to say is how great our second string QB played yesterday first half.
Yes he did awesome! I like watching him play when he gets a chance. Hopefully these next couple of games the defense can step it up and play some hard nose fundamental football. The Pebble Hills game will be their biggest test I think, I’ve watched them twice already and they’re fast, attack the ball and block well. Montwood will win this game, but the defense will be tested and we’ll see what they’re made of. But before that Coronado next on the plate! Go Rams!

AustinP
RamFan
Spectstor

I don't know what Spectstor will reply but as for me Montwood did all of that which you say and after all that great and superb Montwood defense that you speak of Franklin was still able to post 34 points. If you can't see the issue with Montwoods defense like everyone else is saying then you need to buy this book and many other books thereafter and then go to several clinics. Don't rely on Madden for your knowledge.

6-0 enough SAID !

RAM56

Montwoods Junior Class has been winning since their Middle School Days.

Eastsider
AustinP
RamFan
Spectstor

Sup AustinP, never did Mention: (great and superb Montwood defense that you speak) Montwoods Defense is Strong enough to WIN games.

6-0 enough SAID !

Eastsider
RAM56

Winning in El Paso but what about the most important place to win which in this state is in the Texas state playoffs.

I can already hear you Montwood faithful when Montwood loses in the first round you people are going to come up with so many excuses like crying foul on refs calls or blaming the weather and condition on the field or that this Montwood player or that Montwood player did not play.

No excuses being made. #9 got hit hard and dropped key pass. Some receivers just dropped end zone passes period which is all on them. And yes, 2 pnt conversions stopped by Montwood D. Had Franklin excecuted properly, those points should have been on the board. That falls on Franklin and the win could have been in their favor.

AustinP
Eastsider
RAM56

Winning in El Paso but what about the most important place to win which in this state is in the Texas state playoffs.

I can already hear you Montwood faithful when Montwood loses in the first round you people are going to come up with so many excuses like crying foul on refs calls or blaming the weather and condition on the field or that this Montwood player or that Montwood player did not play.

Why u crying and wishing Bad on ELP Teams-AustinP-Salty.

I find it odd and funny at the same time that many of us follow EP Gridiron on their twitter and we picked one of these 4 choices.

Montwood to win by more than 15
Montwood to win by less than 15
Franklin to win by more than 5
Franklin to win by less than 5

https://twitter.com/EP_GRIDIRON/status/918368465580429313

Me personally I picked Montwood to win by more than 15 and I freaking missed it and they freaking had it it was 43-26 by 17 until freaking Franklin scored late in the game.

Anyways I find it odd and funny because the game was at first Franklin 7-0 then later Montwood pulled away and it was 22-7 which if you do the math it was Montwood by 15. Anyways the game was always near that 15 that EP Gridiron posted on twitter days before the game even was played.

How EP Gridiron does it who freaking knows but loads of props to EP Gridiron

Rudy
I find it odd and funny at the same time that many of us follow EP Gridiron on their twitter and we picked one of these 4 choices.

Montwood to win by more than 15
Montwood to win by less than 15
Franklin to win by more than 5
Franklin to win by less than 5

https://twitter.com/EP_GRIDIRON/status/918368465580429313

Me personally I picked Montwood to win by more than 15 and I freaking missed it and they freaking had it it was 43-26 by 17 until freaking Franklin scored late in the game.

Anyways I find it odd and funny because the game was at first Franklin 7-0 then later Montwood pulled away and it was 22-7 which if you do the math it was Montwood by 15. Anyways the game was always near that 15 that EP Gridiron posted on twitter days before the game even was played.

How EP Gridiron does it who freaking knows but loads of props to EP Gridiron

EPG are Jedi Masters or Illuminati or something LOL. Yes I noticed that 15 on their twitter handle. Oh and last year some of us were talking about EPG's videos in this forum. I think EPG puts easter eggs in their videos for us with an open mind who view them to find look for them and find them. Just look at the way their Montwood and Franklin video ends with Montwood player #5 and then another player passes by #45. No matter how you look at it #5 player with the #4 = 9 or take the #45 4 and 5 is also 9. Montwood won by 9. Anyways like I said some of us talked about this weird EPG stuff last year in this forum. People there are a lot more things in EPG's videos than meets the eye. It's scary but cool at the same time.

meangreen
DaRock

Rock,
What do you suggest the d coordinator change to fix these issues?

Easy answer. Stop using 3-4 defense on run plays and DE's start containing instead of going for the big plays. Make good tackles, not arm tackles. Stop blitzing every single play. Go back to fundamentals and basic defense and you may be surprised!

Cats32
RAM56
Yes he did awesome! I like watching him play when he gets a chance. Hopefully these next couple of games the defense can step it up and play some hard nose fundamental football. The Pebble Hills game will be their biggest test I think, I’ve watched them twice already and they’re fast, attack the ball and block well. Montwood will win this game, but the defense will be tested and we’ll see what they’re made of. But before that Coronado next on the plate! Go Rams!

Of course PHHS has to beat AHS and their next opponent as does MHS. I do disagree though. On November 3 I see a PHHS victory. A lot can happen between now and then as far as injuries, grades, etc.

I'll stay out of the predictions, all I know is Montwood is 6-0 and we'll see who will beat who.

Hounds93
Cats32
RAM56

Of course PHHS has to beat AHS and their next opponent as does MHS. I do disagree though. On November 3 I see a PHHS victory. A lot can happen between now and then as far as injuries, grades, etc.

Come on Coach Bill lol you can pull for some of your montwood kids too

My son and I just saw America’s and pebbles hill both teams are very physical upfront and Montwood defensive line is going to struggle vs these teams, they have to improve as a defensive unit fast I hope their DC can improve that defense in a hurry specially defensive line

I also was at that game and what I saw that game different. PH has speed on the defense but we'll have to see if the can hang with the Montwoods offense. PH offense love to draws and outside screens. We'll have to see if Montwood can stop PH.And I'm not sure if Ram fan is acualy a Ram fan I see alot of criticism on Montwood from his post.

Spectstor

Man that #4 from Montwood is such a beast! And that #3 from Franklin played great! Has great hands with some crazy speed.. someone needs to get him on over to Montwood so he could get himself some wins! FRANKLIN IS NOT THE PLACE FOR ANY ATHLETE WITH D1 POTENTIAL!!🤷🏽‍♂️

Until Franklin learns to play defense they will never compete at a respectable level. Who's the defensive coordinator?

Man that #4 from Montwood is a beast but did you see that LB # 16 from Franklin on him most of the game , that kid did a pretty good job. He never got score on plus he stripe the ball away from the Montwood QB when they were going to score and had an interception. It was a better good game but both need to improve on defense.

MWs backup QB Jason Fernandez started the game because his brother missed practice during the week and as a result didn't play until the 2nd half of the game. Jason did okay but he doesn't know all of the plays, therefore play calling was very limited and it showed. Otherwise, the margin of victory would have been even larger for the Rams!

Jason knows every play the offense runs. He's been at every practice and runs the second offense. Every district game will be contested from film study to playing each other every year.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m