Forum: EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Americas @ Pebble Hills

Should be fun to watch

Re: Americas @ Pebble Hills

I think it will be alot closer then people think PH was exposed in the second halh against Coronado. PH wins a close one 34-28.

The only way Americas will have a chance against our Spartans is if either Jack or Josh Fields will be suiting up in Americas gear and will be playing.

How were they exposed? Was it the short kick after the SPARTANS went up 3 scores? I'm curious. It seemed like the SPARTANS were playing a lax defensive after being up by 4 scores after the first half.

Bubble screens and draws, that's all PH knows how to run. AHS will slow it down.

Quote: Feo Leo
Bubble screens and draws, that's all PH knows how to run. AHS will slow it down.

They have a lot more than just draws and bubble screens. If that what AHS is thinking they will be ran off of the field. Knowing the HC he is not thinking that at all. Look at the Franklin film, td passes that were down the field. A very complete offense

Quote: FarEastside
The only way Americas will have a chance against our Spartans is if either Jack or Josh Fields will be suiting up in Americas gear and will be playing.

This might happen. Someone better keep an eye on this during the game.

Quote: HOUNDS 93
Quote: Feo Leo

They have a lot more than just draws and bubble screens. If that what AHS is thinking they will be ran off of the field. Knowing the HC he is not thinking that at all. Look at the Franklin film, td passes that were down the field. A very complete offense

PHHS is no Arsenal Montwood, they will lose this one in a close game.

Some of you are saying that Americas will beat Pebble Hills but that is all you are saying. Give reasons as to why you think this will happen.

Atleast explain or give your input as to why Americas was blownout by Coronado 36-15 at Americas home turf and why Pebble Hills jumped to a big early lead on Coronado at Coronado's home turf and Pebble Hills ended up beating Coronado by double digits.

Come on guys explain your why give some input. Don't just say Americas will win because you feel it in your bones with your hairs standing up with goose bumps.

Guys it's like me saying it's going to snow today around 3 to 4 o'clock in El Paso I feel it in my bones and my hairs are standing up with a lot of goose bumps all over. What I really need to do is tune in to the weather channel to see if a snow storm is coming towards El Paso and will be here at 3 to 4 o'clock. I need to do some research. My bones, skin, hair, and goose bumps are not precise measurements and tools to predict and forecast the weather.

Quote: Ajax
Some of you are saying that Americas will beat Pebble Hills but that is all you are saying. Give reasons as to why you think this will happen.

Atleast explain or give your input as to why Americas was blownout by Coronado 36-15 at Americas home turf and why Pebble Hills jumped to a big early lead on Coronado at Coronado's home turf and Pebble Hills ended up beating Coronado by double digits.

Come on guys explain your why give some input. Don't just say Americas will win because you feel it in your bones with your hairs standing up with goose bumps.

Guys it's like me saying it's going to snow today around 3 to 4 o'clock in El Paso I feel it in my bones and my hairs are standing up with a lot of goose bumps all over. What I really need to do is tune in to the weather channel to see if a snow storm is coming towards El Paso and will be here at 3 to 4 o'clock. I need to do some research. My bones, skin, hair, and goose bumps are not precise measurements and tools to predict and forecast the weather.

100% agree

I'm picking Americas to win this game in a very close matchup. Why? Because I believe Americas Coach Melton will simply out-coach...Coach Torres.

Quote: Football Enthusiast
I'm picking Americas to win this game in a very close matchup. Why? Because I believe Americas Coach Melton will simply out-coach...Coach Torres.

He may outcoach the Torres at EDHS but not at PHHS. Both are tremendous coaches and will make adjustments as needed. Over the last 8-9 years Coach Melton has had a offensive weapon to adjust off of and a defense to give him that luxury. Who is that weapon this season? Is the defense good enough to keep it a one score game while adjustments are made. His offense and physical mentality may be great against PHHS defense if they can get 1st downs consistently. If not that PHHS offense is too fast and too explosive. If they are able to get a rhythm they will turn the game into a track meet.

Americas people get this through your thick skulls there is no player on the Americas roster with the last name FIELDS!!!!!!!!! Americas is done, finished, caput, over, no more, ya no, nada, blah blah blah

Pebble hills needs to schedule some out town teams like other 6a schools do not play teams like Irvin and andress if other 6a schools have same schedule like pebble hills has all 6A would be the same

Pebble Hills is going to beat America’s by 10 or more

Quote: Big blue
Pebble hills needs to schedule some out town teams like other 6a schools do not play teams like Irvin and andress if other 6a schools have same schedule like pebble hills has all 6A would be the same

That’s an excuse Irvin yes, 6A is only ranked higher because they are that a bigger division that’s it so be it. Andress would destroy America’s like they said in previous post no Fields

Quote: Big blue

Franklin and Coronado scheduled out of town teams in predistrict and what good did it do them with Pebble Hills beating both Franklin and Coronado. So that schedule out of town teams to make a team better is a bit overrated I would say.

Have only seen PH on film and they look good. Looking forward to seeing them live. I see them beating a weaker than usual Americas team. Should be fun!

As much as it pains me to say it I think Pebble Hills wins this one by 10 or more. My Trailblazers don't appear to be that strong this season. Hope I'm wrong.

Nobody will outcoach Mark Torres. He's gotta be the favorite to win coach of the year

Quote: Spartandad

Nobody will outcoach Mark Torres. He's gotta be the favorite to win coach of the year

Be patient Mark Torres will be outcoached and outcoached often after a year or three and then you will be putting him in the hot seat.

Hey Feo, it's obvious you haven't seen one PHHS game if that's all the offense you think they have. All I can say, there is too many weapons. What does AHS have, QB run left and right, Henderson runs and TE pass? We will see friday...

Quote: Spartan fanatic
Hey Feo, it's obvious you haven't seen one PHHS game if that's all the offense you think they have. All I can say, there is too many weapons. What does AHS have, QB run left and right, Henderson runs and TE pass? We will see friday...

Americas will bring all of you at PHHS down to earth.

Quote: Eastsider
Quote: Spartan fanatic

Americas will bring all of you at PHHS down to earth.
The Spartans have proven people wrong every week...keep feeding the fire in them. Those young men are so motivated and humble. Coach Torres definitely COACH OF THE YEAR!

PHHS won but it was not impressive at all. The fact that AHS has no real threat on offense and still gouged the defense is concerning. Before someone says look at the final score I'll say don't let it deceive you. If AHS doesn't call a silly throwback screen, which the PHHS PLAYER read perfectly, it's 13-3 at the half.
The offense was anemic to me. Started off fast with #7 at QB. He fumbled and is pulled for #10. #10 throws back to back picks but stays in. One led to a AHS TD.
I know that a offense this predictable will not be able to go toe to toe with MHS.
DEFENSIVELY too many explosive plays given up.
Yet still they won so that's the most important part!!

Went to the game tonight. Hope Pebbles coach wakes up and takes out his starters before they end up hurt. Who leaves them in the entire game when you are up 3 or 4 scores. May want to keep them healthy for Montwood then playoffs

Very true Hounds93; my question however is why did #7 and not #10 start? I actually believe this might of thrown the PHHS offensive rhythmn off. Up until yesterday this was the worst PHHS offensive performance. It just seemed like they could not get into a rhythmn and a big part of it was the America’s defense. PHHS boys need to prepare week in week out because they are no secret and every team is bringing in their A game so can not take any weeks off. You mention toe to toe vs Montwood, I hope these boys are not thinking Montwood yet and worrying about their next game this coming week first. On another note, I know Del Valle is not a 6-A school but I keep hearing they have a solid defense. Americas was able to eventually move the ball and come out with a win; last night PHHS on probably their worst performance all year long still seemed to be in control. It was not pretty by any means, but I really did not feel they were in any danger so if you can still come out with the win, congrats. Keep working Spartans!!!

From what I understand #10 was banged up with a shoulder injury so we went with #7. First series was outstanding. After that the offense stumbled. #10 went back in and got hurt so here comes #7 again and then later back to #10. This see-saw action at QB just kept out offense out of sync. I give credit to Americas defense, especially there front 4, they are monsters and dominated the line of scrimmage. Hounds is right, Americas has no real offensive threat. Where was their RB Henderson? The defense will give up an occasional big run but they are the stingiest on points allowed in the district by far!! Our secondary played outstanding. Wasn't pretty at all but i'll take the ugly win over a pretty loss any day. Intercession is over and hopefully we get healthy and keep moving forward. On to the next opponent.

Ugliest performance of the season and still beat a decent America's team 32-9! Live and learn, on to Socorro Bulldogs.

Okay, for all you football experts out there that continue to doubt PHs. Can somebody explain to me why they keep winning games? They must be doing something right.

3 phases in the game: offense, defense, and special teams. We play well in all 3 and that's why we are winning.

Pictures coming up

This is true!

Quote: Boaz
Okay, for all you football experts out there that continue to doubt PHs. Can somebody explain to me why they keep winning games? They must be doing something right.

I'm glad someone asked this question cuz I would love to answer. Coaching & defense. I think we have the stingiest defense in the district, and a coaching staff that coaches up the boys & schemes with the best of them. Go SPARTA!

I'm glad someone asked this question cuz I would love to answer. Coaching & defense. I think we have the stingiest defense in the district, and a coaching staff that coaches up the boys & schemes with the best of them. Go SPARTA!

OMG Spartans. You are SOOOOOOO great. You have a shutdown defense and a dual threat offense. You can really move the ball. Let's go ahead and crown you district champs. LMAO. You scored 31 on Coronado and 32 on America's. Calm down.

REALITY CHECK. YOU ARE HEREBY PUT ON NOTICE AND THE HOTGATES ARE CLOSING IN. YOUR WEAKNESSES HAVE BEEN EXPOSED. SPARTA WILL FALL BEFORE THE END OF THE REGULAR SEASON!!!

Quote: Reality Check

OMG Spartans. You are SOOOOOOO great. You have a shutdown defense and a dual threat offense. You can really move the ball. Let's go ahead and crown you district champs. LMAO. You scored 31 on Coronado and 32 on America's. Calm down.

REALITY CHECK. YOU ARE HEREBY PUT ON NOTICE AND THE HOTGATES ARE CLOSING IN. YOUR WEAKNESSES HAVE BEEN EXPOSED. SPARTA WILL FALL BEFORE THE END OF THE REGULAR SEASON!!!

Say what you'd like about Pebble Hills but the fact of the matter is that what you are looking at in this present moment, right at this time, current day, now, is a Pebble Hills record of 6-0.

Keep seeing that 6-0 Pebble Hills record and keep crying everyone a river and keep posting what you would like to see happen in the future if day dreaming makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

6-0

Haters gonna hate!

I think Reality Check needs a reality check. What point are you trying to make? As I recall, 31 points scored against Coronado resulted in a win. 32 points scored against Americas resulted in a win. 6-0 record. Maybe you should get a job as a psychic because you have an uncanny ability to see into the future.

I get PHHS is 6-0, congrats! but enough with the "WE ARE SPARTA"!! These kids will be hated by all because of others cockiness!! You all do know the Spartans died at the end!?

Have you seen how bad we were trashed on EPG last season? What's wrong with celebrating our schools success this season? Perhaps if you didn't stalk our feed, you wouldn't see us celebrating!GO SPARTANS!

Quote: WOW!!
I get PHHS is 6-0, congrats! but enough with the "WE ARE SPARTA"!! These kids will be hated by all because of others cockiness!! You all do know the Spartans died at the end!?

How dare we cheer for our boys and be proud. haha.

PHs record speaks for itself and right now they remain undefeated and are on a collision course with the mighty Montwood Rams. But honestly speaking, I've seen the Rams play a few times this season but other then a few highlights, I have yet to see the Spartans play. So I can't offer an opinion on how good or bad they are as a team. But the fact that they continue to beat teams that they lost to last season speaks volumes. So congrats to the Spartans and good luck the rest of the season!

Quote: WOW!!

Relax! It is a saying, like "America's team", which we all know is the Cowboys. Calm down and let Sparta enjoy this ride!

Quote: What??

I think Reality Check needs a reality check. What point are you trying to make? As I recall, 31 points scored against Coronado resulted in a win. 32 points scored against Americas resulted in a win. 6-0 record. Maybe you should get a job as a psychic because you have an uncanny ability to see into the future.

Lmao I agree a win is a win. But stop acting like you guys are unbeatable. Your coaches run the same tired plays. Your offense is predictable. As long as people key in on #9, you don't have much else. I am predicting an Eastwood upset. Although, I would LOVE to see a Socorro upset.

PHs record speaks for itself and right now they remain undefeated and are on a collision course with the mighty Montwood Rams. But honestly speaking, I've seen the Rams play a few times this season but other then a few highlights, I have yet to see the Spartans play. So I can't offer an opinion on how good or bad they are as a team. But the fact that they continue to beat teams that they lost to last season speaks volumes. So congrats to the Spartans and good luck the rest of the season!

Boaz-at first we thought you were #33's dad from the rams the way you worried about his playing time but now it sounds like you are a bandwagon fan. I have seen pebbles play and its the same plays with the same 1 or 2 kids. If eastwood or montwood keys in on #9, SPARTA will fall

Tyreese will beat Pebble Hills single handedly. Without Tyreese Montwood has no horns. Tyreese is Montwood's foundation. Stop Tyreese and Montwood crumbles to the ground. Problem with this though is Tyreese can't be stopped.

Lmao I agree a win is a win. But stop acting like you guys are unbeatable. Your coaches run the same tired plays. Your offense is predictable. As long as people key in on #9, you don't have much else. I am predicting an Eastwood upset. Although, I would LOVE to see a Socorro upset.

Reality check, did I ever mention that the Spartans were unbeatable? No, I did not. And by the way, #9 is not the only player that can make plays.

Reality check, did I ever mention that the Spartans were unbeatable? No, I did not. And by the way, #9 is not the only player that can make plays.

Someone needs to tell torres that other kids can make plays. Because when they are 30 points up, they still run that #9 kid. I didn't see many other kids making plays, so I assumed they don't have a 2nd string.

My point is Spartans have been exposed. Prepare for battle or whatever that crap they say. Not sure about socorro but eastwood, montwood, and el do will be ready. Predictable offense will be the downfall.

Someone needs to tell torres that other kids can make plays. Because when they are 30 points up, they still run that #9 kid. I didn't see many other kids making plays, so I assumed they don't have a 2nd string.

My point is Spartans have been exposed. Prepare for battle or whatever that crap they say. Not sure about socorro but eastwood, montwood, and el do will be ready. Predictable offense will be the downfall.

Reality Check you don't know crappola. Montwood is playing Tyreese both ways offense and defense so it is not like Montwood is stacked or any other team is stacked. So shut your trap not unless you really have real football stuff to talk about.

I decided to check the numbers on what you say. It seems that 8 different Spartans have scored TD's. 6 of those kids have multiple TD's. #9 is tied with #34 with 6 TD's for the most. You can check for yourself here http://www.maxpreps.com/m/team/stats_by_player.aspx?gendersport=boys,football&schoolid=49a06215-a52f-4859-b6e4-ece29ba1d5fb
By the numbers they seem to be spreading the wealth pretty good. And not to mention that 5 defensive players have scored 6 TD's.

Quote: Zman

Reality Check you don't know crappola. Montwood is playing Tyreese both ways offense and defense so it is not like Montwood is stacked or any other team is stacked. So shut your trap not unless you really have real football stuff to talk about.

Lmao I know that Spartans are going to lose! That's not crapola. That is a FACT

It's not fact you bozo when it has not occurred. A fact is when something has happened and there is proof or evidence. But you can call it a wish upon a star for that is what you desire and dream to happen but fact it is not you wannabe Nostradumass.

It's not fact you bozo when it has not occurred. A fact is when something has happened and there is proof or evidence. But you can call it a wish upon a star for that is what you desire and dream to happen but fact it is not you wannabe Nostradumass.

Did I strike a nerve? Lol you have to resort to name calling. No wonder some of the kids act the way they do. Call me whatever you want "Zman" but mark my words, running that predictable offense, Spartans will NOT finish the season with a perfect record.

Your hatred is too obvious "reality check". Nobody expects them to to end with a perfect record, if they do, that's a bonus. We won TWO games last season, people are happy. What's wrong with that? They've already surpassed all of our expectations. Concentrate on your team go to their feed and read whats happening with them, or are you bitter cause we already beat them? Stop hating already!

One hit wonder,,,, All the Ex El DO Parents living a Dream.

Quote: Eastsider

One hit wonder,,,, All the Ex El DO Parents living a Dream.

Eastsider, get a clue! I think these parents knew the would be a part of Pebble Hills from the beginning. El Dorado is not what they once were. Maybe it is you that is living the "dream".

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m