Forum: EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Del Valle needs to be bumped to 6A

I just saw on EP Gridiron's twitter page that Del Valle has outscored district teams 168 to 38. Seriously man this is football bullying at its finest.

Del Valle needs to make the jump to 6A next year.

Re: Del Valle needs to be bumped to 6A

Or DV is just that good on both Offense and Defense. Can't blame them for having a good season so far.

It most likely wont happen. YISD has changed feeder areas and has lost some of it to Bel Air. They are just at the 1950-2000 enrollment mark so they will remain in 2-5A

Quote: VQ35HR°
It most likely wont happen. YISD has changed feeder areas and has lost some of it to Bel Air. They are just at the 1950-2000 enrollment mark so they will remain in 2-5A

I believe there is a new UIL rule and policy that just went into effect which allows 5A teams the opportunity to go to the 6A level if they are only x amount away from the 6A enrollment mark and I Del Valle is awfully close.

Quote: BeastofNE
I believe there is a new UIL rule and policy that just went into effect which allows 5A teams the opportunity to go to the 6A level if they are only x amount away from the 6A enrollment mark and I Del Valle is awfully close.

Hmm well let's see what YISD, DV admin and coaching staff do. DV is YISD's cream of the crop when it comes to football representing them.

If Del Valle made that leap to district 6a all Del Valle games no matter who they play would be a very competitive game and not all Del Valle blowouts as they are doing right now in 5a. Del Valle will be able to compete in 6a. They probably won't win a district championship in 6a but they will make the playoffs in 6a probably as the 3rd or 4th team.

Max Preps shows this history on Del Valle versus 6a teams in predistrict games.

Americas 35 Del Valle 28

Americas 18 Del Valle 6

Del Valle 41 Coronado 28

Del Valle 28 Coronado 21

El Dorado 35 Del Valle 34

El Dorado 14 Del Valle 10

Del Valle 27 Socorro 0

Del Valle 35 Socorro 6

El Dorado 34 Del Valle 0

El Dorado 14 Del Valle 3

Del Valle 34 Eastwood 0

Eastwood 12 Del Valle 10

Bel Air 31 Del Valle 16
Bel Air was 6a in 2005

Bel Air 24 Del Valle 17
Bel Air was 6a in 2004

In my opinion DV wouldn't be able to hang in 6A. It's one thing to play one or two predistrict 6A teams and another to play 5 6A games in a row. 6A in EP is the most competitive with all teams being really good in their own way. No way DV could survive a long district schedule in 6A

If Del Valle were to be swapped out with Socorro, I can see them still making the playoffs in 6A.

Only issues would be Montwood, Franklin, And Pebble Hills..

Even then, a game against montwood would be a great match up with Coach Perales and Fama (who used to coach under P at DV) I think the 79907 athletes can hang with the 79936 "studs" and it could possibly come to a coaching game. **IMO**

El Dorado has been able to beat DV but that's before PHHS opened and took talent away from their program. They are on the decline.

Americas has also gotten lucky especially this season. DV blew that game. still not sold on Coach Melvin.

Eastwood, is also on the decline. I see DV being able to beat them consistently, especially if the troopers keep Lopez and his one dimensional game strategy.

Coronado is a respectable program but again, Coach P and DV has been successful against them.

What other EP 6A school(s) am I missing?

Also, by moving up to 6A you don't think athletes would want to transfer there instead of playing at Ysleta, riverside, etc? That would add depth, potential starters and make DV more of a contender. yes, there are uil rules regarding that but we all know stuff happens behind closed doors.

Come on guys it's all a shell game. Both DV and Eastlake work the system to stay under the 6A mark but still go "recruit" players into their programs. It was no secret all the T birds from the east side went down to DV last couple years to play for coach P. Just like all the Falcons from the far East went to Eastlake, Eastlake has been stealing players from Americas for years. No need to name players, the trick is to recruit selected players while keeping your school body under the magic number. Good job to the programs like them who can do that.

Did you seriously think they have a magic pill at their programs that keep them at the top? Get off fantasy land...

Some of the players who were supposed to go to BA ended up at DV, wow, shocker...

Good for Coach P though, he knows how to work it and that's what matters.

Any word on Eldorado dropping to 5A?

Maybe a swap between Socorro and Del Valle

Quote: Legend.Abe

That would be a good swap. Socorro would get a chance to make it to the playoffs in 5A and compete for the district title every year.

Quote: Edgar
Quote: Legend.Abe

That would be a good swap. Socorro would get a chance to make it to the playoffs in 5A and compete for the district title every year.

Socorro got smashed by Parkland and Canutillo this year. They still wouldn't make the playoffs much less contend for a DC in 2-5A.

Quote: meangreen
Any word on Eldorado dropping to 5A?

Did El Do's enrollment drop that much??

Huh? Any link to this new rule?

Bel Air was the school with numbers close to the 5a/6a cut-off last time. They might go back to 6a soon. Cut-off # might be around 2200 and Del Valle has been under 2000 for a while now.

Quote: Big Red
Come on guys it's all a shell game. Both DV and Eastlake work the system to stay under the 6A mark but still go "recruit" players into their programs. It was no secret all the T birds from the east side went down to DV last couple years to play for coach P. Just like all the Falcons from the far East went to Eastlake, Eastlake has been stealing players from Americas for years. No need to name players, the trick is to recruit selected players while keeping your school body under the magic number. Good job to the programs like them who can do that.

Did you seriously think they have a magic pill at their programs that keep them at the top? Get off fantasy land...

Some of the players who were supposed to go to BA ended up at DV, wow, shocker...

If that was so then both Fields brothers would’ve played at Eastlake and there’s Andrus and Ruhl at Montwood they were Falcons also. Let’s look at the freshman team for Eastlake the majority of those kids played for the Falcons city team with a handful coming from Bandits, Outsiders, and B&G Spartans and all live in the zoned area.

I believe that is just talk and ideas being thrown around by the UIL. Just like the Proposal to create a 7A conference and also the talk of splitting 5A and 6A conferences which I believe coaches have voted or will vote on.

The 7A conference will most likely happen. There are more knowledgeable people about this than me and maybe they will toss in their 2 cents on this subject.

For the sake of El Paso competing at a State level, I like Schools like DV and Canutillo at 5A. They (EP 5A schools) will be our best chances at bringing a state title to the county. I think Clint might bring one this year at 4A.

Your Facts all are wrong... The Falcon Youth Program is made up mostly of Kids from the Eastlake Feeder program. Fields and Lindeman played for the Falcons youth program and also lived in the Eastlake area. Correct me if I am wrong but what Americas kids are at Eastlake? As for Del Valle yes I agree Perales is a good recruiter....

True about DV with SE T-Birbird kids. What a shame! I'm sure it's common practice with some schools. Eventually they get caught.

Quote: Falconite

Your Facts all are wrong... The Falcon Youth Program is made up mostly of Kids from the Eastlake Feeder program. Fields and Lindeman played for the Falcons youth program and also lived in the Eastlake area. Correct me if I am wrong but what Americas kids are at Eastlake? As for Del Valle yes I agree Perales is a good recruiter....

Exactly and not just those kids, as I mentioned there was others which played for Horizon Falcons but didn’t get “recruited” by Coach Cal they ended up were they’re zoned.

Seems to me that you all are bashing Perales in a subtle way and act like he's the only HS coach in EP that is "recruiting" for his program. Even if a student/athlete who wants to go to DV, it's up to the parents to make the final decision. It's a 2 way street and Chuckie Veliz was doing the same crap during his tenure at MHS yet no one ever brings that up. Edward Britton lived off Titanic st in the Northeast but was a Montwood ram?? Didn't he get in trouble, his name came out in the paper and all of a sudden was now at Chapin which is the school he should have been at the entire time?? Veliz had been going to Desert View and most likely Indian Ridge and Eastwood middle to recruit ***cough Domingo Torres cough*** and other individuals who I know personally that should have been at Eastwood/Hanks but the "powerhouse" Veliz created from 03-07 lured them away from the programs they should have been playing at with their childhood friends.

Seems to me that Big Red feels some type of way because Perales who is a Bel Air grad has never transfered to BA and has stayed loyal to DV's program. All BA had to rely on was Hillcrest's feeder program because Ranchland has always struggled.

It just makes me chuckle that you all are making Perales and DV's program out to be the notorious recruiting bad guys

Seems to me that you all are bashing Perales in a subtle way and act like he's the only HS coach in EP that is "recruiting" for his program. Even if a student/athlete who wants to go to DV, it's up to the parents to make the final decision. It's a 2 way street and Chuckie Veliz was doing the same crap during his tenure at MHS yet no one ever brings that up. Edward Britton lived off Titanic st in the Northeast but was a Montwood ram?? Didn't he get in trouble, his name came out in the paper and all of a sudden was now at Chapin which is the school he should have been at the entire time?? Veliz had been going to Desert View and most likely Indian Ridge and Eastwood middle to recruit ***cough Domingo Torres cough*** and other individuals who I know personally that should have been at Eastwood/Hanks but the "powerhouse" Veliz created from 03-07 lured them away from the programs they should have been playing at with their childhood friends.

Seems to me that Big Red feels some type of way because Perales who is a Bel Air grad has never transfered to BA and has stayed loyal to DV's program. All BA had to rely on was Hillcrest's feeder program because Ranchland has always struggled.

It just makes me chuckle that you all are making Perales and DV's program out to be the notorious recruiting bad guys

When Britton started at MHS he lived on the eastside.

Recruiting is nothing new at the high school level. Every coach does it or atleast majority of them do. Some players from Franklin should be at Coronado and some players at Coronado should be at Franklin. Some players at Riverside should be at Ysleta and some Del Valle players should be at Americas, Socorro or Ysleta and even Riverside. Some Bowie players should be at Jefferson and some at Austin and some Chapin players should be at Austin, Irvin and even El Dorado. Some Americas players should be at Montwood and some El Dorado players should be at Montwood and Americas and Chapin. Some Burges players should be at Austin and Chapin.

Point is that recruiting is happening all over El Paso at the high school level has been for countless years as it is all over the country and it has been happening ever since the birth of high school football its just that today it is at a larger scale. So let this subject go because it's pointless not unless you have thousands upon thousands of fingers and point them all at every high school coach.

Quote: Falconite

I'll end it here and leave it at that. I don't like naming kids. It's nothing wrong, more power to them but don't act like it's not happening.

A RB was a stud at Slider and slated to go to montwood, After Coach talked to him, somehow ended up with the falcon buddies at Eastlake, hmmm

anyways it's all good. Like I said more power to them, but let's not act ignorant...

Quote: Juco
If Del Valle made that leap to district 6a all Del Valle games no matter who they play would be a very competitive game and not all Del Valle blowouts as they are doing right now in 5a. Del Valle will be able to compete in 6a. They probably won't win a district championship in 6a but they will make the playoffs in 6a probably as the 3rd or 4th team.

Americas 35 Del Valle 28

Americas 18 Del Valle 6

Del Valle 41 Coronado 28

Del Valle 28 Coronado 21

Del Valle 27 Socorro 0

Del Valle 35 Socorro 6

El Dorado 34 Del Valle 0

El Dorado 14 Del Valle 3

Del Valle 34 Eastwood 0

Eastwood 12 Del Valle 10

Bel Air 31 Del Valle 16
Bel Air was 6a in 2005

Bel Air 24 Del Valle 17
Bel Air was 6a in 2004

Uh Juco you need to check your facts. Bel Air could not possibly been 6-A back in '04 or '05. The first 6A state title games weren't played until the 2014-2015 year. #SorryNotSorry

Quote: HanksParent19

Americas 35 Del Valle 28

Americas 18 Del Valle 6

Del Valle 41 Coronado 28

Del Valle 28 Coronado 21

Del Valle 27 Socorro 0

Del Valle 35 Socorro 6

El Dorado 34 Del Valle 0

El Dorado 14 Del Valle 3

Del Valle 34 Eastwood 0

Eastwood 12 Del Valle 10

Bel Air 31 Del Valle 16
Bel Air was 6a in 2005

Bel Air 24 Del Valle 17
Bel Air was 6a in 2004

Uh Juco you need to check your facts. Bel Air could not possibly been 6-A back in '04 or '05. The first 6A state title games weren't played until the 2014-2015 year. #SorryNotSorry

My bad. Bel Air was 5A and Del Valle was 4A. Still the same thing in an essence because Bel Air was in higher conference than Del Valle.

Americas 35 Del Valle 28

Americas 18 Del Valle 6

Del Valle 41 Coronado 28

Del Valle 28 Coronado 21

Del Valle 27 Socorro 0

Del Valle 35 Socorro 6

El Dorado 34 Del Valle 0

El Dorado 14 Del Valle 3

Del Valle 34 Eastwood 0

Eastwood 12 Del Valle 10

Bel Air 31 Del Valle 16
Bel Air was 6a in 2005

Bel Air 24 Del Valle 17
Bel Air was 6a in 2004

My bad. Bel Air was 5A and Del Valle was 4A. Still the same thing in an essence because Bel Air was in higher conference than Del Valle.

We all knew what you meant Juco, some people just have to try and feel smart.

Quote: Curious

Americas 35 Del Valle 28

Americas 18 Del Valle 6

Del Valle 41 Coronado 28

Del Valle 28 Coronado 21

Del Valle 27 Socorro 0

Del Valle 35 Socorro 6

El Dorado 34 Del Valle 0

El Dorado 14 Del Valle 3

Del Valle 34 Eastwood 0

Eastwood 12 Del Valle 10

Bel Air 31 Del Valle 16
Bel Air was 6a in 2005

Bel Air 24 Del Valle 17
Bel Air was 6a in 2004

Or some people actually just know their facts. Are you triggered?

Coaches have bills to pay and they have wives who like to shop and children who have cars and cell phones that also must be paid so coaches want to win they don't want to lose a lot of games they want to win does not matter the level. It's called job security. Better to be consistent winning coach at a lower tier program and be respect and seen a football god than a losing coach at a higher tier program and put on the hot seat and lose your job, wife and kids.

Americas 35 Del Valle 28

Americas 18 Del Valle 6

Del Valle 41 Coronado 28

Del Valle 28 Coronado 21

Del Valle 27 Socorro 0

Del Valle 35 Socorro 6

El Dorado 34 Del Valle 0

El Dorado 14 Del Valle 3

Del Valle 34 Eastwood 0

Eastwood 12 Del Valle 10

Bel Air 31 Del Valle 16
Bel Air was 6a in 2005

Bel Air 24 Del Valle 17
Bel Air was 6a in 2004

Del Valle was 4a, his original point stands.

Must be horrible to root for a team that was a regular punching bag in the old 5a and is STILL getting their teeth kicked in...

Quote: Curious

Americas 35 Del Valle 28

Americas 18 Del Valle 6

Del Valle 41 Coronado 28

Del Valle 28 Coronado 21

Del Valle 27 Socorro 0

Del Valle 35 Socorro 6

El Dorado 34 Del Valle 0

El Dorado 14 Del Valle 3

Del Valle 34 Eastwood 0

Eastwood 12 Del Valle 10

Bel Air 31 Del Valle 16
Bel Air was 6a in 2005

Bel Air 24 Del Valle 17
Bel Air was 6a in 2004

Or some people actually just know their facts. Are you triggered?

To those of us that have been around El Paso football for 20+ years we all knew what he meant. Yes, you are correct about 6A not being around until 2014, but before that most of the 6A teams were in 5A and most of the 5A teams were in 4A. So we knew what he meant, but you were the only one petty enough to correct him. I wasn't triggered, there was just no need for your obnoxious post. So, like I said, some people just have to try and feel smart.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m