Forum: EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Eastlake vs Del Valle, Winner takes the District Championship....

Game of the year next week 7pm Oct. 20th at Conquest Stadium. Eastlake vs Del Valle...Get your popcorn ready! It's going to be a barn burner!!

Re: Eastlake vs Del Valle, Winner takes the District Championship....

Eastlake in a high scoring affair someone’s defense will need to make a stop.

It's going to be a nail biter!! Really hope the Falcons can pull it off!

Both Coaching staffs are predictable, don't adjust and not very creative. I pick Eastlake due to having better Athletes in a close one.

Del Valle’s defense vs Eastlakes offense is going to be the difference maker in this game. If DV can shut down Jones and Eastlake like they did Hankins and Parkland then they’re good. Eastlakes defense is the weak link of the team. They’re allowing an average of 21 points a game while Montez and his offense are averaging 33 points a game. Both teams are going to put up points, ain’t no stopping that. It’s gonna come down to defense and I’m giving the edge to Del Valle’s stingy D who is allowing only 12 points per game(held Hankins to 40 yards in the first half and 1td for the game). My prediction Del Valle 42 Eastlake 21

Side note:
Eastlake has a couple of tall stud wide receivers, it’s going to be an interesting match up with the Secondary of DV who had 3 int’s against the good receivering core of Parkland.

Quote: EPTX
Del Valle’s defense vs Eastlakes offense is going to be the difference maker in this game. If DV can shut down Jones and Eastlake like they did Hankins and Parkland then they’re good. Eastlakes defense is the weak link of the team. They’re allowing an average of 21 points a game while Montez and his offense are averaging 33 points a game. Both teams are going to put up points, ain’t no stopping that. It’s gonna come down to defense and I’m giving the edge to Del Valle’s stingy D who is allowing only 12 points per game(held Hankins to 40 yards in the first half and 1td for the game). My prediction Del Valle 42 Eastlake 21

Side note:
Eastlake has a couple of tall stud wide receivers, it’s going to be an interesting match up with the Secondary of DV who had 3 int’s against the good receivering core of Parkland.[/quote

EPTX Everybody is entitled to their own personal opinion,However it’s obvious to me that you haven’t been following Eastlake’s team!!!!!! Reality is Eastlake’s team strength is its defense this year… if you do a little digging you’ll find that this average that you point out about their defense is a reflection of the two’s being in the game in the 4th quarter.. But that’s neither here nor there!!!!!! This is going to be a defensive battle in my opinion … And the best offense that night will win ... historically Del Valle has not done well with Eastlake’s team speed in the past … Last year it was Eastlake weak defense that caused a loss against Del Valle and it also caused a lot of close games with the rest of the District but it is what it is !!!! I know Del Valle has a strong team this year , I’m not blinded to that fact ….. But I also know that Eastlake’s defense is what carries this year’s team… So will see how things play out next week!!!!! Looking forward to that game!!!!! And Good luck to both teams!!!

I watched both teams play Parkland and I believe Del Valle will win. Del Valle is better. Hankins got over 200 yards on both teams but Del Valle looks a bit stronger on defense. The Del Valle offense is the difference.

"Game of the Week"

Eastlake RB Jones left the last game due to injury and may miss this game against De Valle.

I have Del Valle in a close game.

Finally canutillo is out of the picture. It seems like they are always a thorn in 2-5A's Side. Eastlake will beat them but they never have beaten them. Del Valle already put them away. So good. Nothing against canutillo, but I'm glad they are done.

Quote: Chucker
Finally canutillo is out of the picture. It seems like they are always a thorn in 2-5A's Side. Eastlake will beat them but they never have beaten them. Del Valle already put them away. So good. Nothing against canutillo, but I'm glad they are done.

Canutillo is done like Del Valle and Eastlake will be done when they play the first out of town teams they play in the playoffs.

Stop Hating!

Is it Friday yet?!! Can’t wait for the “Game of the Week”...

Quote: Boaz
"Game of the Week"

Eastlake RB Jones left the last game due to injury and may miss this game against De Valle.

His dad stated on a gridiron post that he’s good to go for the game

Quote: EP to Brownsville
"Game of the Week"

Of course he would say that but the way that right leg twisted didn't look good at all. He might be able to play but I guarantee he's not a 100%. I'm guessing a high ankle sprain or a sprained knee.

Quote: Doc
"Game of the Week"

Of course he would say that but the way that right leg twisted didn't look good at all. He might be able to play but I guarantee he's not a 100%. I'm guessing a high ankle sprain or a sprained knee.

That's true either way Eastlake is not lacking in that department not only do they have Avina but they have Donacio who is doing well for a freshman.

"Game of the Week"

I read that. Hopefully he's good to go for the game.

I also read where his dad posted to EPG to be careful with their wording. Something to do with EPG using the word boy. It's amazing how some people are easily offended these days.

Ought to be a great game

Quote: Williams

I also read where his dad posted to EPG to be careful with their wording. Something to do with EPG using the word boy. It's amazing how some people are easily offended these days.

Ought to be a great game

Are you serious? LOL! smh he should be grateful that a local media outlet is giving his boy coverage..

Quote: VQ35HR°

Ought to be a great game

Are you serious? LOL! smh he should be grateful that a local media outlet is giving his boy coverage..

Right. That's the first thing that also came to mind when I read it. I suppose that's how EPG gets paid in return for doing what they do for athletes.

Ought to be a great game

Right. That's the first thing that also came to mind when I read it. I suppose that's how EPG gets paid in return for doing what they do for athletes.

Who wants to bet me that we won't be seeing any new EP Gridiron pictures or highlights of that Eastlake player or of the Eastlake team anywhere on EP Gridiron and their youtube, twitter or facebook pages from here on out???

Quote: Eastsider

Ought to be a great game

Who wants to bet me that we won't be seeing any new EP Gridiron pictures or highlights of that Eastlake player or of the Eastlake team anywhere on EP Gridiron and their youtube, twitter or facebook pages from here on out???

No way am I taking that bet. I've been coming to this website and forum for years to know that EPG is not run and maintained by teenagers but by adults with Military, decorated Veterans, on staff who serves the ball right back at you in a positive way or negative way depending how you served it to them. Thanks but no thanks Eastsider for that will most likely happen.

Quote: Juco
Quote: Eastsider

Ought to be a great game

No way am I taking that bet. I've been coming to this website and forum for years to know that EPG is not run and maintained by teenagers but by adults with Military, decorated Veterans, on staff who serves the ball right back at you in a positive way or negative way depending how you served it to them. Thanks but no thanks Eastsider for that will most likely happen.

FYI I saw 2 EP Gridiron guys at the Hanks and Eastlake game and I don't see a video in EP Gridirons youtube page on that game but I do see a Montwood and Franklin video which was the game played after that Hanks and Eastlake game at the sac. Just saying.

My prediction for this game

Eastlake 35 Del Valle 24

If eastlake wins and canutillo wins till the season is over there might be a tie for district

Quote: Eagles
If eastlake wins and canutillo wins till the season is over there might be a tie for district

That is a lot of IF's but that does not mean it is not possible.

Winner doesn’t take district it depends if dv beats them then they do but if eastlake wins and canutillo wins this next 3 games (Parkland, riverside, and Eastlake) there might be a tie for district

Quote: Qbert

its possible

its possible

That's what I said that it's possible. It's possible like me hitting the million dollar lottery tomorrow. You never know.

its possible

That's what I said that it's possible. It's possible like me hitting the million dollar lottery tomorrow. You never know.
you are over reacting

Contrary to what others have predicted, I predict this will be a low scoring game with both defenses stepping up.

My predicted final for this game

Eastlake 42 Del Valle 31

Del Valle by a touchdown or two.

we are not out of the picture we got a chance on going to playoffs maybe even win district if eastlake beats dv and if we beat them but we gotta win our next game (Parkland, riverside, and Eastlake)

Quote: FarEastside

Canutillo is done like Del Valle and Eastlake will be done when they play the first out of town teams they play in the playoffs.
and the 6a teams will be done by the first round just saying 6a because you are from the east

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m