EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Who will win the District Championship?

For 6A it will be between Pebble Hills and Montwood.
For 2-5A it will be between Eastlake and Del Valle.
For 1-5A it will come down to Burges, Chapin and Andress.

Who will be the kings of their District this year?

Re: Who will win the District Championship?

FridayNightLites

Still too early in the season. Could end up with a 3 way tie in 6A like last year.

Eastsider
FridayNightLites

Still too early in the season. Could end up with a 3 way tie in 6A like last year.

I agree with Eastsider. It is a little too early to tell, but just for fun I have Montwood and Del Valle for district 1-6A and 2-5A respectively, and I think 1-5A is going to be decided in the last game of the season. Chapin and Andress really haven't shown any separation between each other. It'll be a toss up between those two teams in 1-5A

Really doesn't matter.... no 6A team will make it past the first round in playoffs. Stamp it!!!

Spade
Really doesn't matter.... no 6A team will make it past the first round in playoffs. Stamp it!!!

Sup Spade was the negativity. Stay positive and support El Paso teams when it comes to playoffs. It starts with us.

Eastsider
Spade

Sup Spade was the negativity. Stay positive and support El Paso teams when it comes to playoffs. It starts with us.

Spade is either

A) A coach, player or parent whose team is having a horrible season and will most likely miss the playoffs

B) A former coach, former player, or parent of a former player whose team never accomplished much during their time or they lost quickly in the first round to a out of town team.

C) A out of towner who usually they come to this forum around this time because they know El Paso teams have been beating the Lubbock and Midland teams in predistrict and in the playoffs.

D) A person who is a troll and just wants to try to stir the pot and has nothing better to do with his time and does not know how to talk about football in a constructive manner.

In other words ignore him. There will be others like him posting comments like that.

If canutillo wins this next 3games ( Parkland, Riverside, and Eastlake) they could win district but eastlake gotta win against dv

Canutillo
If canutillo wins this next 3games ( Parkland, Riverside, and Eastlake) they could win district but eastlake gotta win against dv

Lol not gonna happen...

You never know🤷🏽‍♂️We are truly getting better every week and we will be ready for eastlake and we got bi week this week so we will be even more ready for Parkland and Riverside will be a blow out if we play what we are capable to do. So I believe we get at least 2nd place in district or 1st if Eastlake wins against dv

Canutillo
You never know🤷🏽‍♂️We are truly getting better every week and we will be ready for eastlake and we got bi week this week so we will be even more ready for Parkland and Riverside will be a blow out if we play what we are capable to do. So I believe we get at least 2nd place in district or 1st if Eastlake wins against dv

It's sweet to see you still have hopes and dreams!

All you Eastlake fans last year thought you guys where gonna take district and looked what happened don’t think it’s gonna be a blow out but don’t expect a W like last year!😂🤷🏽‍♂️

Yeah I really want you guys to win against dv but keep dreaming thinking that you gonna beat us

Eagles
Yeah I really want you guys to win against dv but keep dreaming thinking that you gonna beat us

Plenty of time before we meet up again Eagles ..... take it one game at a time!!!! And Keep grinding ..... I know you guys will be ready for Eastlake when the times comes !!! However this week it's Del Valle for Eastlake and you guys have plenty of time to prepare for Parkland !!! Good Luck !!!!!!

Canutillo
So as not to mislead our fans and get our hopes up, Del Valle and the Atlanta Falcons would each have to lose two district games just for the Eagles to tie for the championship. I don't see that happening with just four weeks left in the season and considering who they both have left on their schedules besides each other. The best we can hope for is to tie for second place IF DV beats Eastlake and we beat them also plus Parkland and Riverside. The best part of that is that we avoid playing Burges in the bi-district and get a more favorable match up with Austin , Bowie, or El Paso High. However that is a whole lot of "ifing" and hoping considering those three teams left on our schedule probably have their own ideas about how they want things to turn out. It makes it interesting but I wouldn't be reserving any rooms at the Motel 6 just yet.

Hmmmm
Canutillo
The best we can hope for is to tie for second place IF DV beats Eastlake and we beat them also plus Parkland and Riverside. The best part of that is that we avoid playing Burges in the bi-district and get a more favorable match up with Austin , Bowie, or El Paso High.
This is funny especially cause all these 5A fans always rag on 6A for “not being able to get passed the first round”. But you just summed it up perfect. Thanks

Cats32
Hmmmm
Canutillo
The best we can hope for is to tie for second place IF DV beats Eastlake and we beat them also plus Parkland and Riverside. The best part of that is that we avoid playing Burges in the bi-district and get a more favorable match up with Austin , Bowie, or El Paso High.
This is funny especially cause all these 5A fans always rag on 6A for “not being able to get passed the first round”. But you just summed it up perfect. Thanks

Burges has not even played Austin and El Paso. Don't get ahead of yourselves. Slow your rolls. Both Austin and El Paso may beat Burges. That's why they schedule the games and that's why they play the games.

Why are you complaining canutillo only has what 1,500 students compare to montwood there a very small school you guys should be playing out side teams for play offs

TheTruth
Cats32
Hmmmm
Canutillo

Burges has not even played Austin and El Paso. Don't get ahead of yourselves. Slow your rolls. Both Austin and El Paso may beat Burges. That's why they schedule the games and that's why they play the games.

Burges beat Austin and when the time comes they'll definitely beat El Paso high. The next two games for Burges however, will definitely be good ones considering that the next three weeks in 5A will ultimately determine who ends up with the district championship. As of right now it's still a toss up between Burges and Andress. If Burges wins then the last roadblock between them and a DC will be Chapin which is bound to be a great game as well.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m