EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Week 8: (6-0) Montwood Rams Vs. (3-3) Coronado Thunderbirds

The undefeated Rams travel to Thunderbird Stadium next week to take on Coronado. Go Rams!!!

Who wins?

Re: Week 8: (6-0) Montwood Rams Vs. (3-3) Coronado Thunderbirds

Rams
The undefeated Rams travel to Thunderbird Stadium next week to take on Coronado. Go Rams!!!

Who wins?

Everyone knows Montwood is generous and spots the teams they play 30 points so we know Coronado will get like 4 to 6 touchdowns question is how many touchdowns will Montwood get 5 to 7 or even 8??? We'll just have to wait and see.

I got Montwood in a high scoring game

I don't see this game being an easy win for Montwood. The T-Birds will play them tough at home.

We'll see Coronado has played everybody though so far. This may be their biggest defensive challenge Montwood has big play offense.

The T-Birds will have to play all around defense because MWs has too many play makers on offense.

Our kids have played way better teams than Coronado has. Montwood has lots of talent on both sides of the ball. Coronado doesn't stand a chance.

Boaz
I don't see this game being an easy win for Montwood. The T-Birds will play them tough at home.

Everybody wants to beat the #1 team in El Paso, and That's Montwood !

The Rams are a very disciplined and focused. They play one game at a time.

Eastsider
Boaz

Pebble Hills is #1 on EP Gridiron
Montwood is #1 on El Paso Times

FarEastside
Eastsider
Boaz

True: but EPGrid has a point formula.

FarEastside
Eastsider
Boaz

Montwood knows that every opponent will bring their best against them. Coaches are doing an outstanding job getting them ready each week.

I agree that Montwood is a very good football team. But to say they have played better teams, the numbers don't agree. Coronado schedule includes losses to Midland lee 6-1, Canutillo 5-2, 6-0 Pebble. Wins are against 4-2 Andress, 2-4 Americas and 1-5 Eastwood. Montwood has two wins vs teams that haven't won a game. Frendship, Socorro. 1-6 Midland, 3-3 Eldo, 2-4 Franklin. Best win was against Burgess 5-1. Burgess is getting ready for a tough stretch of games (Andress, Chapin). So we will see if that win stays good.
Coronado opponents 24-14
Montwood opponents 11-28

I think it will be a better game then most think. Good luck to both teams.

Well?
I agree that Montwood is a very good football team. But to say they have played better teams, the numbers don't agree. Coronado schedule includes losses to Midland lee 6-1, Canutillo 5-2, 6-0 Pebble. Wins are against 4-2 Andress, 2-4 Americas and 1-5 Eastwood. Montwood has two wins vs teams that haven't won a game. Frendship, Socorro. 1-6 Midland, 3-3 Eldo, 2-4 Franklin. Best win was against Burgess 5-1. Burgess is getting ready for a tough stretch of games (Andress, Chapin). So we will see if that win stays good.
Coronado opponents 24-14
Montwood opponents 11-28

Whatever. Coronado can't even beat Canutillo and they barely beat Andress. Andress gave Coronado that early Christmas gift.

Well?
Coronado opponents 24-14
Montwood opponents 11-28

Great argument looks good on paper, and I agree watching Montwood play Franklin, Coronado puts pressure on #1or#7 Duo whichever is playing and matches up with #4 I think Coronado has the talent to pull this off, Montwood defense shows weakness that the experienced offense the TBirds field this year could break. Good luck to both teams should be a good one.

We always play good with Coronado it’s always a good game against canutillo and Coronado but if montwood doesn’t come out and play they will take that L

Coronado played good with phhs and they could’ve beaten them but you know things happen but if montwood isn’t really to play it’s gonna be a good game

Well?
Coronado opponents 24-14
Montwood opponents 11-28

Great analysis! I'm with you, Coronado is no push over. Their defense gave us fits. I think we punted vs CHS more than any other game. Have to double check that. Offensively, they have weapons. Their special teams units failed them vs us though.

I'm curious if CHS secondary can hang with the Rams' air attack...but real question is can they contain QB?

Good luck to both teams, may the kids have a safe game.

Spartan OG
Well?
Coronado opponents 24-14
Montwood opponents 11-28

Great analysis! I'm with you, Coronado is no push over. Their defense gave us fits. I think we punted vs CHS more than any other game. Have to double check that. Offensively, they have weapons. Their special teams units failed them vs us though.

I'm curious if CHS secondary can hang with the Rams' air attack...but real question is can they contain QB?

Spartan OG - Lady Luck was on your side against us. You guys know that.

Boonbltz
Well?
Coronado opponents 24-14
Montwood opponents 11-28

Great argument looks good on paper, and I agree watching Montwood play Franklin, Coronado puts pressure on #1or#7 Duo whichever is playing and matches up with #4 I think Coronado has the talent to pull this off, Montwood defense shows weakness that the experienced offense the TBirds field this year could break. Good luck to both teams should be a good one.

Boobbltz, there you go with Montwood's D, the Defense have done their job and will continue to do make key stops.

Eastsider
Boonbltz
Well?
Coronado opponents 24-14
Montwood opponents 11-28

Boobbltz, there you go with Montwood's D, the Defense have done their job and will continue to do make key stops.
. Montwood has a decent defense but numbers don’t lie Franklin had 561 total yards which is 30 more than Montwoods beast of an offense

When your offense scores in 3 plays you defense tends to get tired.

Boonbltz
Eastsider
Boonbltz
Well?
Coronado opponents 24-14
Montwood opponents 11-28

. Montwood has a decent defense but numbers don’t lie Franklin had 561 total yards which is 30 more than Montwoods beast of an offense

Number ? Numbers ? How bouts Wins ...

Eastsider
Boonbltz
Eastsider
Boonbltz
Well?
Coronado opponents 24-14
Montwood opponents 11-28

Number ? Numbers ? How bouts Wins ...

Montwoods Defense will once again proof they are solid.

Montwood scores in 2 plays against Franklin. It took Franklin forever to score.

Rammer
Montwood scores in 2 plays against Franklin. It took Franklin forever to score.
If I recall correctly Franklin scored in the first 2 opening drives of the game on a pass to #3 I think.

I see Coronado pulling off the upset

My two cencents, my boy plays at Montwood and I want them to win out I do. What I see is a weak defensive unit that give up too munch on the air and especially on the ground . I pray they improve to make a long run in the playoffs . The offensive is very skilled those players were recruited by Veliz out of their middle school otherwise they would be at other schools. I feel those kids will perform. The new head coach’s true reflection is at the jv and freshmen ranks. And if these varsity kids can set the tempo for the young kids this year and go far the future will be bright for Montwood . This begins with these tougher opponents keys for Coronado keep the ball away from Montwood ball control and Montwood defense need to step up and get the ball into their offense and maybe layoff the stunts and play a little sound by playing Base once in a while . Montwood 35 Coronado 31

I wonder if Montwood will have Tyreese Andruss playing on both sides of the ball like he did when they played Franklin. Montwood coaches having Tyreese playing on defense tells me they know they have a defensive problem.

Ram Dad
My two cencents, my boy plays at Montwood and I want them to win out I do. What I see is a weak defensive unit that give up too munch on the air and especially on the ground . I pray they improve to make a long run in the playoffs . The offensive is very skilled those players were recruited by Veliz out of their middle school otherwise they would be at other schools. I feel those kids will perform. The new head coach’s true reflection is at the jv and freshmen ranks. And if these varsity kids can set the tempo for the young kids this year and go far the future will be bright for Montwood . This begins with these tougher opponents keys for Coronado keep the ball away from Montwood ball control and Montwood defense need to step up and get the ball into their offense and maybe layoff the stunts and play a little sound by playing Base once in a while . Montwood 35 Coronado 31

Ram Dad, stop with the FAKE News, all the current Varsity Montwood players are from Slider, Montwood Middle & Sybert, and now with the re zoning we got Sun Ridge kids. The DEFENSE is doing a good job and making the necessary STOPS to put the Offense back on the field and they are 6-0.

Eastsider
Ram Dad

Ram Dad, stop with the FAKE News, all the current Varsity Montwood players are from Slider, Montwood Middle & Sybert, and now with the re zoning we got Sun Ridge kids. The DEFENSE is doing a good job and making the necessary STOPS to put the Offense back on the field and they are 6-0.
FAKE NEWS lmao! The kids came from Slider and the surrounding feeder schools. I’m sure a couple are from elsewhere but the ones putting up points and making stops are from Slider, c’mon Ram Dad. And no they weren’t Veliz’s recruits either

Will Montwood really be getting Sun Ridge in the future? That would leave PHHS with only one feeder school while bringing Montwood up to 4 feeder schools. Doesn't seem right....

Spartandad

Will Montwood really be getting Sun Ridge in the future? That would leave PHHS with only one feeder school while bringing Montwood up to 4 feeder schools. Doesn't seem right....

Go to SISD.NET and look up Feeder Schools zones.

Cats32
Eastsider
Ram Dad

FAKE NEWS lmao! The kids came from Slider and the surrounding feeder schools. I’m sure a couple are from elsewhere but the ones putting up points and making stops are from Slider, c’mon Ram Dad. And no they weren’t Veliz’s recruits either

The majority of the current starters are from Slider & Montwood Middle. Slider kids have been winning since 7th grade.

Qbert,

Why are u so worried about whether Ty's plays on defense or not? Because he's not a starter on defense and only plays when he is needed. But for the most part the defense can take care of itself. However, if he does play defense I guarantee you he will shut down the T-Birds best WR.

Qbert,

Why are u so worried about whether Ty's plays on defense or not? Because he's not a starter on defense and only plays when he is needed. But for the most part the defense can take care of itself. However, if he does play defense I guarantee you he will shut down the T-Birds best WR...One-on-One!

All I know is that Alex Norzagaray #88 and Luis Herrera #10 will break ankles that game

All I know is that Alex Norzagaray #88 and Luis Herrera #10 will break ankles that game

If you're insinuating Alex and Luis have fragile bones and possibly will have their ankles broke against Montwoods speedsters maybe they shouldn't play and sit this one out.

Oscar

If you're insinuating Alex and Luis have fragile bones and possibly will have their ankles broke against Montwoods speedsters maybe they shouldn't play and sit this one out.

Lol

Spartan OG
Well?
Coronado opponents 24-14
Montwood opponents 11-28

Our Coaches and Kids at Montwood do not take no one lighty. They are disciplined and focused.

Go RAMS keep the WINS coming.

My predicted final for this game

Coronado 35 Montwood 28

Coronado running all over Montwood

Ricky

Why do you say that Ricky ?

Eastsider
Ricky

Cause Julian Madrid and Garret Slaughter are beasts that's why!!

Eastsider
Ricky

O-ight O-ight, will see then. Where are they on the City Stat sheet?

Oscar

No that's what I'm saying I'm just saying that they will be breaking montwoods ankles cause they are the best receivers they have even being a running team they will beat the corners and safeties everytime than you have Steven Martinez also Angelo coming in as a receiver so if ty having to come in to cover one of those receivers means montwoods defense is not all that good the only reason montwood has done so well cause they haven't up against true competition but we shall see though

Playmakers play where they're needed and Tyress Andrus is definitely that! Don't worry about the defense 915, but by the looks of it you are. Defense has been doing what it needs to do when needed, you should worry about the OFFENSE. Unlike the other "#1 team", Montwood's 2's can also ball so Coronado will definitely have their hands full.

By the sounds of it 915 and Ricky are the same person. Keep dreaming 915Ricky.

RamNation and Beast are the same person as well.

Oscar
RamNation and Beast are the same person as well.
Lol! No sir just an observant Ram Fan

Eastsider
Eastsider
Ricky

O-ight O-ight, will see then. Where are they on the City Stat sheet?

They are good. Coronado is just coming together healthy. Now that Coronado is throwing the ball, it will open it up. Madrid has been out all year, and Slaughter is dangerous out of the backfield as well as recieving the ball.

I see a competitive game. The difference will be that Anderson chooses not to pressure the quarterback. You cant give Montwood all day to throw the ball.

Montwood 35- 28

I already saw this game. I traveled to the future. Coronado won 45 - 27

915...I like your enthusiasm about tonight's game but to label the TBirds WRs the best in the city is a far stretch from reality. Just saying.

But I agree that tonight's game will be competitive. However, I have MW winning in it's typical fashion.

MW 43
T-Birds 31

I'm beginning to think that despite their undefeated record the Rams have the worst defense in the city when it comes to top tier teams. And not to take anything away from the T Birds but the MW defense gave them at least three scores. I have never seen WRs so wide open for Coronado. And somebody tell me why #33 is not a starting LB for the Rams. The kid is a beast and needs to play the entire game!!!

The Ram defense better get their act together before the playoffs!

What an ugly game. No defense what so ever for either team and the refs had to be the worst I've seen this year and in no ones favor. Just bad refing all around. Kids at the end frustrated both ways with the bad calls.

Didn't someone in here once say that Montwood has a swiss cheese of a defense??? I think it was Uncle Rico.

Oscar
Didn't someone in here once say that Montwood has a swiss cheese of a defense??? I think it was Uncle Rico.
Looks like Swiss Cheese, but they still pull’d it off. Now we’ll probably here that Coronado was no competition like every other game. Montwood set on a collision course next week and they’ll continue to steam roll. Good job Rams, way to shut your critics.

Cats32
Oscar
Looks like Swiss Cheese, but they still pull’d it off. Now we’ll probably here that Coronado was no competition like every other game. Montwood set on a collision course next week and they’ll continue to steam roll. Good job Rams, way to shut your critics.

Pebble Hills is going to score like 120 points on Montwoods swiss cheese of a defense and in order for Montwood to beat Pebble Hills Montwoods offense will have to score 121 points. Basketball score.

Montwood is the best and also worst team in the city. Is that even possible

Marty

Go back to the future and check again! Lol

Scorekeeper
915...I like your enthusiasm about tonight's game but to label the TBirds WRs the best in the city is a far stretch from reality. Just saying.

But I agree that tonight's game will be competitive. However, I have MW winning in it's typical fashion.

It was a good game but you have to admit that the refs were freaking garbage tonight!!!!

Tonight's game was pathetic to watch to say the least. I saw zero adjustments on defense by both teams. MW is luck to have WR Tyreese Andrus and QB Andrew Fernandez on their team. They are truly the backbone of the Rams offense. Both should have a sh** load of D1 offers by now, I don't care what anybody says. If u take them out of the game MW would be in the position that they are in right now. I'm a defense guy so tonight's high scoring game is not what I wanted to see!

Rams2018
Marty

Rams2018 you are kind of looking stupid if you are questioning Marty and his time traveling machine. Marty had Coronado 45 points on Montwoods defense and Coronado scored 52 on Montwoods defense so his time traveling machine works but it does need some tweaking here and there. Marty is probably leaving the games early and not staying until they go final.

Coronado returned 2 kickoffs and blocked who know how many field goals. Why doesn't the offense work the clock if they can score at will. 6 min before half and Coronado gets the ball back with 5 min. Just all around sloppy. You guys keep the undefeated season going. I love watching our Rams. I don't want to be negative. I love them. I really do.

This is so scary rams have a great team (offensively ) the scary thought is that unless coach Famaligi does something about the defense and special teams the rams won’t have the perfect season. How will they stop pebble hills offense and win a tight Americans game when your defense and special team are playing way they are .

Bad calls where bad but what was worst where the NO CALLS! Penalties in the refs face that would not be called on both teams that degraded the sportsmanship of the teams

I random if ever make statements about the game after the game is over but I feel this time it's warranted. I want to acknowledge the following players for their exceptional performances tonight. First, the Montwood Rams recorded over 700 yards of total offense in tonight's win.

These are my MVPs from both teams:

Montwood QB Andrew Fernandez completed 28/35 passes for 500+ yards for 6 TDs and 0 interceptions. WOW!!!

Montwood WR Tyreese Andrus had 10 pass receptions for 256 yards and 3 TDs

Coronado WR Luis Herrera is a beast!!! He scored back to back kick-off returns for TDs for the T-Birds.

I heard Marty has a drinking problem and falls asleep beginning of 1st qtr, which is why he fails at getting the score right when he goes back in time. Perhaps he should invest in a Saturday Newspaper with all the scores on it, so he gets it right, even if he's hungover!

Caught some of the game ...i think the garbage calling refs were the same ones that called the MW/FHS game last week...garbage too.

BIG TIME
I heard Marty has a drinking problem and falls asleep beginning of 1st qtr, which is why he fails at getting the score right when he goes back in time. Perhaps he should invest in a Saturday Newspaper with all the scores on it, so he gets it right, even if he's hungover!

LMAO!!! Exactly. Marty has something going but for certain he is drinking during the game or something. Dummy should travel to the future but like you said he should go on Saturday morning and get on El Paso Times or EP Gridiron and this forum to see the final then come back to the present and post his prediction. Marty is like a lot of people. They have something special but don't know how to use it. Reminds me of my older brother. He buys all these fancy tools and doesn't know how to use them they are just there in his shed looking great but never used or not used properly. Marty's time traveling vehicle is too much for him and he doesn't know how to use it.

I forgot to mention Montwood WR Tury Cepeda added three touchdown receptions for the Rams.

Spectator
Caught some of the game ...i think the garbage calling refs were the same ones that called the MW/FHS game last week...garbage too.
. Yes Montwood Won, but had to battle the most lob sided officiating game ever.

Oscar
Cats32
Oscar

Pebble Hills is going to score like 120 points on Montwoods swiss cheese of a defense and in order for Montwood to beat Pebble Hills Montwoods offense will have to score 121 points. Basketball score.
. A Win is Win and YouLOST.

Granted that Montwood has one of the most potent offenses, PH defense has allowed an average of 14 points per game.

Scorekeeper
MW 43
T-Birds 31

I'm beginning to think that despite their undefeated record the Rams have the worst defense in the city when it comes to top tier teams. And not to take anything away from the T Birds but the MW defense gave them at least three scores. I have never seen WRs so wide open for Coronado. And somebody tell me why #33 is not a starting LB for the Rams. The kid is a beast and needs to play the entire game!!!

The Ram defense better get their act together before the playoffs!

#33 received 2 personal fouls and was ejected if you really pay attention. I think that is why he doesn't play the whole game genius. Kid has skill but I think the fact that he doesn't start or play the whole game speaks of our coaches teaching these young men about character.

Rams
I random if ever make statements about the game after the game is over but I feel this time it's warranted. I want to acknowledge the following players for their exceptional performances tonight. First, the Montwood Rams recorded over 700 yards of total offense in tonight's win.

These are my MVPs from both teams:

Montwood QB Andrew Fernandez completed 28/35 passes for 500+ yards for 6 TDs and 0 interceptions. WOW!!!

Montwood WR Tyreese Andrus had 10 pass receptions for 256 yards and 3 TDs

Coronado WR Luis Herrera is a beast!!! He scored back to back kick-off returns for TDs for the T-Birds.

I agree! I think we have a talented group of kids and I hope they do great things at the next level. Also, #10 from Coronado was outstanding!

Eastside
Rams2018
Marty

Rams2018 you are kind of looking stupid if you are questioning Marty and his time traveling machine. Marty had Coronado 45 points on Montwoods defense and Coronado scored 52 on Montwoods defense so his time traveling machine works but it does need some tweaking here and there. Marty is probably leaving the games early and not staying until they go final.

Marty is a tool because he predicted a Coronado win... with Montwood only scoring 27. Marty's time machine needs a complete rebuild. Maybe he should get a smart car so his predictions aren't so stupid

BIG TIME
Granted that Montwood has one of the most potent offenses, PH defense has allowed an average of 14 points per game.

I think our average might go up after the Montwood game. LOL. Major props to Fernandez and company. What an offensive show they are. Congrats on the win and may we both be undefeated after next week so we can have a battle of the unbeatens!

Coronado has no defense and Montwood has no defense.

Get real
Bad calls where bad but what was worst where the NO CALLS! Penalties in the refs face that would not be called on both teams that degraded the sportsmanship of the teams
. The worst officiating game I have ever witnessed. Hope that Zebra crew was something else.

Jason
Coronado has no defense and Montwood has no defense.

The reason Coronado struggled is because Anderson refuses to let the Defensive ends blitz at all. Fernendez had a week to throw. The offense looked good at times and bad at times. That lateral was pretty cool to number 10. The kickoof returns were nice for TD’s . Thst 100 yard pass was cool too. Defense wins championships, and Coronado has none.

I also want to recognized the Rams offensive line for doing a great job of protecting their QB!!!

Rams
I also want to recognized the Rams offensive line for doing a great job of protecting their QB!!!

You must be a parent of one of the offensive linemen. Don't sweat it that quarterbacks and running backs and wide receivers get most if not all of the attention for the success of a team because whenever a quarterback, running back or wide receiver gets attention they are representing the entire offense not just themselves. Usually it is only the parents of offensive linemen and also defensive linemen that feel they do not get any recognition but the fact of the matter is they do through the successes of the quarterbacks, running backs and wide receivers.

Get real
especially that #70 from Coronado. Plays too nasty

This game is over Montwood won and coronado loss.

The whole team pays for his mistakes. Not a leader!

💯 agree! It’s incredible and heartbreaking to see this over and over.
It’s clear that Coronado has the potential to be one of the best teams in the city, but the plays suck. You have no one protecting the QBs, so the play calls are impossible. Yet defensively, Coronado refuses to rush the QB, so they have all the time in the world to stay in the pocket and execute great plays. “The definition of insanity is repeating the same mistakes over and over again and expecting different results,”
This is not to take away anything from the Rams, they have amazing talent. But this happens all the time with Coronado. Hoping Coronado coaches can open up & take some advice.

The defense is the problem at Coronado. Bob Anderson is calling the defense. He refuses to rush the quarterback. Pass coverage will always break down sooner or later. The quarterback for Montwood was allowed to stand there for up to 15 seconds at times. Our defensive special teams play is suspect as well. special teams cost us the Pebble Hills game because we could not defend a punt.
They brag about defensive stats and leading tacklers. LOL if your defense is always on the field, this phenomenon will happen. The offense can be just as bad. They played musical quarterbacks for most of the year. Now Garcia is playing musical running backs. He has changed the offense three times this year. Alex Norzargaray and Stephen Martinez are huge weapons . We should use them. One players dad cried, and now at the expense of the team, we all suffer. Suck it up and play your best players. Politics don't win ball games. How many players are kicked off the team?? We sure could use Thomas Rey at linebacker. What a shame that we will never know how good Carter McFadden could have been. He could nail that QB more often than not. Why is it that every other team in this city can blitz, but us?

These guys will never take ownership, but they should.

Tbirds

The defense is the problem at Coronado. Bob Anderson is calling the defense. He refuses to rush the quarterback. Pass coverage will always break down sooner or later. The quarterback for Montwood was allowed to stand there for up to 15 seconds at times. Our defensive special teams play is suspect as well. special teams cost us the Pebble Hills game because we could not defend a punt.
They brag about defensive stats and leading tacklers. LOL if your defense is always on the field, this phenomenon will happen. The offense can be just as bad. They played musical quarterbacks for most of the year. Now Garcia is playing musical running backs. He has changed the offense three times this year. Alex Norzargaray and Stephen Martinez are huge weapons . We should use them. One players dad cried, and now at the expense of the team, we all suffer. Suck it up and play your best players. Politics don't win ball games. How many players are kicked off the team?? We sure could use Thomas Rey at linebacker. What a shame that we will never know how good Carter McFadden could have been. He could nail that QB more often than not. Why is it that every other team in this city can blitz, but us?

Ironic that you say you don’t blitz and I think we (Montwood) blitz’s to much. I wasn’t able to catch this game so I can’t give my 2 cents, but it sounds like it was a heck of a game. Looks like Coronado has improved tremendously as the year progresses, but who knows how they’d start if they had some consistency to start off the season with. Good luck Friday against EL Do

Spartandad
BIG TIME

I think our average might go up after the Montwood game. LOL. Major props to Fernandez and company. What an offensive show they are. Congrats on the win and may we both be undefeated after next week so we can have a battle of the unbeatens!

Wishful thinking Spartandad, Troopers have found their way and will win at Home.

Cats32
Tbirds

Ironic that you say you don’t blitz and I think we (Montwood) blitz’s to much. I wasn’t able to catch this game so I can’t give my 2 cents, but it sounds like it was a heck of a game. Looks like Coronado has improved tremendously as the year progresses, but who knows how they’d start if they had some consistency to start off the season with. Good luck Friday against EL Do

I Totally agree about Carter he is a game changer.I think the offense is running perfect we scored 49 points guess what that is the most all year!We played Andress and Jay lou touch the ball 4 times the offence scored once so where are these other playmakers.With Donitelli back at QB and the new offensive scheme the tbirds will make the playoffs. As far as defence yes you have a argument we need to blitz.Next year will be better Seabrook will play both ways Ethan will Qb along with Parker and Lemaster and Slaughter.And guess what New coaching staff will be in place.

Jaw dropping
Cats32
Tbirds

Is Anderson resigning? If he makes the playoffs this year, they are all staying.

I Totally agree about Carter he is a game changer.I think the offense is running perfect we scored 49 points guess what that is the most all year!We played Andress and Jay lou touch the ball 4 times the offence scored once so where are these other playmakers.With Donitelli back at QB and the new offensive scheme the tbirds will make the playoffs. As far as defence yes you have a argument we need to blitz.Next year will be better Seabrook will play both ways Ethan will Qb along with Parker and Lemaster and Slaughter.And guess what New coaching staff will be in place.

The seniors want to win now. When you have a Jlu you should win. How can he not be open. Most teams play to stop the run. Montwood put 8 in the box and what happened ? 100 yard pass for a TD to Julian Madrid. When you have good running backs , you should be able to throw the ball. JLu cant be rhe only thing. He is a soecial teams wonder, but he isnt even on the charts at WR. Alex Norz has that clicked up. We need to spread the ball around.

Garrett Slaughter #9 actually caught that 98 harder.

WESTMAN
Garrett Slaughter #9 actually caught that 98 harder.

You are absolutely correct. I was at the game. Longest pass play i have ever seen. He is an every down back. Why are the coaches wasting that young man. Players like Jose Luis and Garrett Slaughter should always be on the field. When The Tbirds came within four points in the 4th quarter , we all could not figure out why he was on rhe sideline. I guess that is another mystery. El Paso times has him at over 5 yards per carry.

Jaw dropping
Cats32
Tbirds

Who is Parker and Lemaster? I cannot find anything on them. Was ethan the old quarterback? Slaughter is graduating. What coaching staff do you speak of? I have heard that Anderson is out. Who takes over? Mike Garci or Octavio Ledon?

Somebody mentioned that #33 Everette Ruhl wasn't playing LB because of his size, that he's too short to play LB. But he tall enough to play Safety??? Well that's a bunch of crap. I got the real scoop. The problem with #33 started during 7 on 7 in the summer when Coach Robles, who is known for cussing out his players did the same thing to Ev and was called out on it and he's held a childish a grudge on this kid ever since.

Nobody can say that Coach Robles is doing a good job with the defense. But his incompetence is getting ignored by Coach Famaligi because of their undefeated record which is zero to do with the defense!

MW is where they are because of the offense, especially QB Andrew Fernandez and WR Tyreese Andrus, two players that would make any ELP team look good, including Socorro.

FYI...minus #33, MW has 9 players listed as LBs, all of them are Jrs with the exception of two (Luna and Sierra). I'm not sure if either of them start but Ev is better then all of them. The kid plays with allot of heart and aggression that the defense seems to be lacking. They have no true leader on defense which also reflects negatively on Coach Robles.

If Coach Famaligi doesn't make changes they will be exposed in the playoffs...trust me.

Football Enthusiast
Somebody mentioned that #33 Everette Ruhl wasn't playing LB because of his size, that he's too short to play LB. But he tall enough to play Safety??? Well that's a bunch of crap. I got the real scoop. The problem with #33 started during 7 on 7 in the summer when Coach Robles, who is known for cussing out his players did the same thing to Ev and was called out on it and he's held a childish a grudge on this kid ever since.

Nobody can say that Coach Robles is doing a good job with the defense. But his incompetence is getting ignored by Coach Famaligi because of their undefeated record which is zero to do with the defense!

MW is where they are because of the offense, especially QB Andrew Fernandez and WR Tyreese Andrus, two players that would make any ELP team look good, including Socorro.

FYI...minus #33, MW has 9 players listed as LBs, all of them are Jrs with the exception of two (Luna and Sierra). I'm not sure if either of them start but Ev is better then all of them. The kid plays with allot of heart and aggression that the defense seems to be lacking. They have no true leader on defense which also reflects negatively on Coach Robles.

If Coach Famaligi doesn't make changes they will be exposed in the playoffs...trust me.

Unfortunately, HS Coaches in our area are not held accountable and answer to no one. Huge "local boy egos" will never allow them to grow and get better as football coaches. You mentioned # 33 player from Montwood playing with a lot of heart, Correction that kid is all heart 100%. All 5'2 or whatever this clown said about him on another thread......

Robles is not d coordinator,
It's Villarreal. That is who you talking about!!

I'm talking about all of the defensive coaches, but especially Robles because he's in charge of the LBs.

As most know Andrew Fernandez and Tyreese Andrus are true Division 1 prospects meaning that they actually have official Division 1 offers and why they are excelling on the field. These two Division 1 prospects who are practically 97.99% of Montwoods offensive green mean machine will be graduating after this season which spells trouble for Montwood next year A. Because they will be gone next year and B. because of what we all are witnessing with their many defensive issues this year.

TheTruth
As most know Andrew Fernandez and Tyreese Andrus are true Division 1 prospects meaning that they actually have official Division 1 offers and why they are excelling on the field. These two Division 1 prospects who are practically 97.99% of Montwoods offensive green mean machine will be graduating after this season which spells trouble for Montwood next year A. Because they will be gone next year and B. because of what we all are witnessing with their many defensive issues this year.

I agree

TheTruth

Don't think you guys are Rams Fans: We have no worries, all the starting Juniors were in JV last year and they shared the District Title. So Montwood will be the #1 Contender in 1-6A.

Pebble, Coronado, El Do and Eastwood are losing the majority of their Senior Stack starters.

TheTruth

Truth you speak the truth and some cannot handle the truth but I can.

Tyreese and Andrew have been playing great varsity football ever since their sophomore and junior seasons. They both have had lots of varsity experience under their belts before this season started and they both also had D1 offers before this season started which explains their individual successes.

Right now we don't see any Montwood underclassmen sophomores or juniors with D1 offers. And to add to all that you said wide receiver Tury Cepeda will also be graduating after this season. But yeah Montwood is going to take a humongous hit after this season with the loss of their D1 players in Tyreese and Andrew.

Andrew's brother Jason is a baller but he is nothing close to being talented as his big brother Andrew. Andrew played much as a sophomore and the QB starting position was completely Andrew's when he was a junior and right now his little bro Jason is overshadowed by Andrew which means less experience for Jason. Totally different high school varsity football careers for these two brothers.

As to Montwood's defense they best get to repairing all the loose nuts and bolts immediately before the playoffs because if they don't they will be eliminated quickly and that disastrous defense will carry over to next season.

Juco
TheTruth

Truth you speak the truth and some cannot handle the truth but I can.

Tyreese and Andrew have been playing great varsity football ever since their sophomore and junior seasons. They both have had lots of varsity experience under their belts before this season started and they both also had D1 offers before this season started which explains their individual successes.

Right now we don't see any Montwood underclassmen sophomores or juniors with D1 offers. And to add to all that you said wide receiver Tury Cepeda will also be graduating after this season. But yeah Montwood is going to take a humongous hit after this season with the loss of their D1 players in Tyreese and Andrew.

Andrew's brother Jason is a baller but he is nothing close to being talented as his big brother Andrew. Andrew played much as a sophomore and the QB starting position was completely Andrew's when he was a junior and right now his little bro Jason is overshadowed by Andrew which means less experience for Jason. Totally different high school varsity football careers for these two brothers.

As to Montwood's defense they best get to repairing all the loose nuts and bolts immediately before the playoffs because if they don't they will be eliminated quickly and that disastrous defense will carry over to next season.

JUCO -you a Montwood Fan or Parent ?

Please
Jaw dropping
Cats32
Tbirds

Who is Parker and Lemaster? I cannot find anything on them. Was ethan the old quarterback? Slaughter is graduating. What coaching staff do you speak of? I have heard that Anderson is out. Who takes over? Mike Garci or Octavio Ledon?

You are wrong on a couple of items. James Parker is primarily a JV player and he is unranked in district stats. He has suited up and played a few snaps on the varsity. He got some good separation early in the year, but dropped a wide open perfectly thrown ball by Donatelli that would have been a touchdown , and that landed him on the JV. David Lemaster ranks #58 in district with 3 catches for 18 yards. He is a tall drink of water. He could really come on this next year. These will be two of the upcoming receivers for next year. They are juniors. Garrett Slaughter is NOT graduating. He is a junior. He is ranked #18 in the district in receiving and leads the team in rushing yards . Julian Madrid is graduating. He is ranked #50 in receiving yards. Jose Luis is ranked #6 in yards receiving. a beast. The coaching staff will not be going anywhere. Coronado will be losing a lot of kiddos this year. Ethan Arroyo should be the quarterback next year, but they may move Ben Carney into that position. Robert Moody could also contend.

I had to look this up:

District 1 Record District PF PA
El Paso Montwood (7-0) (4-0) 385 235 2619
El Paso Pebble Hills(7-0) (4-0)282 104 2622
El Paso El Dorado (4-3) (3-1) 295 274 2978
El Paso Coronado (3-4) (2-2) 206 241 2697.5
El Paso Eastwood (2-5) (1-3) 263 254 2336
El Paso Franklin (2-5) (1-3) 240 310 2726.5
El Paso Americas (2-5) (1-3) 145 227 2359
El Paso Socorro (0-7)

Who has the worse defense? Pebble Hills has yet to play Eastwood Montwood and El Dorado.

ThatKidJ

I had to look this up:

District 1 Record District PF PA
El Paso Montwood (7-0) (4-0) 385 235 2619
El Paso Pebble Hills(7-0) (4-0)282 104 2622
El Paso El Dorado (4-3) (3-1) 295 274 2978
El Paso Coronado (3-4) (2-2) 206 241 2697.5
El Paso Eastwood (2-5) (1-3) 263 254 2336
El Paso Franklin (2-5) (1-3) 240 310 2726.5
El Paso Americas (2-5) (1-3) 145 227 2359
El Paso Socorro (0-7)

Who has the worse defense? Pebble Hills has yet to play Eastwood Montwood and El Dorado.

Why did you post that? What is your point to this?

Look at Montwood n Franklin final score
Look at Montwood n Coronado final score

Once you do that then

Look at Pebble Hills n Franklin final score
Look at Pebble Hills n Coronado final score

After you do all of that you will get your answer to your question.

Football Enthusiast

Great post! So glad somebody finally stepped up and called this coach out.
Like him or not, #33 is a badass player, and should be playing at the starting LB position.
Now lets see if this post gets deleted by the gridiron warden, like so many other posts have. smh

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m