EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6
Author
Comment
Week 8: (6-0) Montwood Rams Vs. (3-3) Coronado Thunderbirds

The undefeated Rams travel to Thunderbird Stadium next week to take on Coronado. Go Rams!!!

Who wins?

Re: Week 8: (6-0) Montwood Rams Vs. (3-3) Coronado Thunderbirds

Rams
The undefeated Rams travel to Thunderbird Stadium next week to take on Coronado. Go Rams!!!

Who wins?

Everyone knows Montwood is generous and spots the teams they play 30 points so we know Coronado will get like 4 to 6 touchdowns question is how many touchdowns will Montwood get 5 to 7 or even 8??? We'll just have to wait and see.

I got Montwood in a high scoring game

I don't see this game being an easy win for Montwood. The T-Birds will play them tough at home.

We'll see Coronado has played everybody though so far. This may be their biggest defensive challenge Montwood has big play offense.

The T-Birds will have to play all around defense because MWs has too many play makers on offense.

Our kids have played way better teams than Coronado has. Montwood has lots of talent on both sides of the ball. Coronado doesn't stand a chance.

Boaz
I don't see this game being an easy win for Montwood. The T-Birds will play them tough at home.

Everybody wants to beat the #1 team in El Paso, and That's Montwood !

The Rams are a very disciplined and focused. They play one game at a time.

Eastsider
Boaz

Pebble Hills is #1 on EP Gridiron
Montwood is #1 on El Paso Times

FarEastside
Eastsider
Boaz

True: but EPGrid has a point formula.

FarEastside
Eastsider
Boaz

Montwood knows that every opponent will bring their best against them. Coaches are doing an outstanding job getting them ready each week.

I agree that Montwood is a very good football team. But to say they have played better teams, the numbers don't agree. Coronado schedule includes losses to Midland lee 6-1, Canutillo 5-2, 6-0 Pebble. Wins are against 4-2 Andress, 2-4 Americas and 1-5 Eastwood. Montwood has two wins vs teams that haven't won a game. Frendship, Socorro. 1-6 Midland, 3-3 Eldo, 2-4 Franklin. Best win was against Burgess 5-1. Burgess is getting ready for a tough stretch of games (Andress, Chapin). So we will see if that win stays good.
Coronado opponents 24-14
Montwood opponents 11-28

I think it will be a better game then most think. Good luck to both teams.

Well?
I agree that Montwood is a very good football team. But to say they have played better teams, the numbers don't agree. Coronado schedule includes losses to Midland lee 6-1, Canutillo 5-2, 6-0 Pebble. Wins are against 4-2 Andress, 2-4 Americas and 1-5 Eastwood. Montwood has two wins vs teams that haven't won a game. Frendship, Socorro. 1-6 Midland, 3-3 Eldo, 2-4 Franklin. Best win was against Burgess 5-1. Burgess is getting ready for a tough stretch of games (Andress, Chapin). So we will see if that win stays good.
Coronado opponents 24-14
Montwood opponents 11-28

Whatever. Coronado can't even beat Canutillo and they barely beat Andress. Andress gave Coronado that early Christmas gift.

Well?
Coronado opponents 24-14
Montwood opponents 11-28

Great argument looks good on paper, and I agree watching Montwood play Franklin, Coronado puts pressure on #1or#7 Duo whichever is playing and matches up with #4 I think Coronado has the talent to pull this off, Montwood defense shows weakness that the experienced offense the TBirds field this year could break. Good luck to both teams should be a good one.

We always play good with Coronado it’s always a good game against canutillo and Coronado but if montwood doesn’t come out and play they will take that L

Coronado played good with phhs and they could’ve beaten them but you know things happen but if montwood isn’t really to play it’s gonna be a good game

Well?
Coronado opponents 24-14
Montwood opponents 11-28

Great analysis! I'm with you, Coronado is no push over. Their defense gave us fits. I think we punted vs CHS more than any other game. Have to double check that. Offensively, they have weapons. Their special teams units failed them vs us though.

I'm curious if CHS secondary can hang with the Rams' air attack...but real question is can they contain QB?

Good luck to both teams, may the kids have a safe game.

Spartan OG
Well?
Coronado opponents 24-14
Montwood opponents 11-28

Great analysis! I'm with you, Coronado is no push over. Their defense gave us fits. I think we punted vs CHS more than any other game. Have to double check that. Offensively, they have weapons. Their special teams units failed them vs us though.

I'm curious if CHS secondary can hang with the Rams' air attack...but real question is can they contain QB?

Good luck to both teams, may the kids have a safe game.

Spartan OG - Lady Luck was on your side against us. You guys know that.

Boonbltz
Well?
Coronado opponents 24-14
Montwood opponents 11-28

Great argument looks good on paper, and I agree watching Montwood play Franklin, Coronado puts pressure on #1or#7 Duo whichever is playing and matches up with #4 I think Coronado has the talent to pull this off, Montwood defense shows weakness that the experienced offense the TBirds field this year could break. Good luck to both teams should be a good one.

Boobbltz, there you go with Montwood's D, the Defense have done their job and will continue to do make key stops.

Eastsider
Boonbltz
Well?
Coronado opponents 24-14
Montwood opponents 11-28

Boobbltz, there you go with Montwood's D, the Defense have done their job and will continue to do make key stops.
. Montwood has a decent defense but numbers don’t lie Franklin had 561 total yards which is 30 more than Montwoods beast of an offense

When your offense scores in 3 plays you defense tends to get tired.

1 2 3 4 5 6
w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m