EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Author
Comment
Re: Week 8: (6-0) Montwood Rams Vs. (3-3) Coronado Thunderbirds

TheTruth
As most know Andrew Fernandez and Tyreese Andrus are true Division 1 prospects meaning that they actually have official Division 1 offers and why they are excelling on the field. These two Division 1 prospects who are practically 97.99% of Montwoods offensive green mean machine will be graduating after this season which spells trouble for Montwood next year A. Because they will be gone next year and B. because of what we all are witnessing with their many defensive issues this year.

I agree

TheTruth
As most know Andrew Fernandez and Tyreese Andrus are true Division 1 prospects meaning that they actually have official Division 1 offers and why they are excelling on the field. These two Division 1 prospects who are practically 97.99% of Montwoods offensive green mean machine will be graduating after this season which spells trouble for Montwood next year A. Because they will be gone next year and B. because of what we all are witnessing with their many defensive issues this year.

Don't think you guys are Rams Fans: We have no worries, all the starting Juniors were in JV last year and they shared the District Title. So Montwood will be the #1 Contender in 1-6A.

Pebble, Coronado, El Do and Eastwood are losing the majority of their Senior Stack starters.

TheTruth

Truth you speak the truth and some cannot handle the truth but I can.

Tyreese and Andrew have been playing great varsity football ever since their sophomore and junior seasons. They both have had lots of varsity experience under their belts before this season started and they both also had D1 offers before this season started which explains their individual successes.

Right now we don't see any Montwood underclassmen sophomores or juniors with D1 offers. And to add to all that you said wide receiver Tury Cepeda will also be graduating after this season. But yeah Montwood is going to take a humongous hit after this season with the loss of their D1 players in Tyreese and Andrew.

Andrew's brother Jason is a baller but he is nothing close to being talented as his big brother Andrew. Andrew played much as a sophomore and the QB starting position was completely Andrew's when he was a junior and right now his little bro Jason is overshadowed by Andrew which means less experience for Jason. Totally different high school varsity football careers for these two brothers.

As to Montwood's defense they best get to repairing all the loose nuts and bolts immediately before the playoffs because if they don't they will be eliminated quickly and that disastrous defense will carry over to next season.

Juco
TheTruth

Truth you speak the truth and some cannot handle the truth but I can.

Tyreese and Andrew have been playing great varsity football ever since their sophomore and junior seasons. They both have had lots of varsity experience under their belts before this season started and they both also had D1 offers before this season started which explains their individual successes.

Right now we don't see any Montwood underclassmen sophomores or juniors with D1 offers. And to add to all that you said wide receiver Tury Cepeda will also be graduating after this season. But yeah Montwood is going to take a humongous hit after this season with the loss of their D1 players in Tyreese and Andrew.

Andrew's brother Jason is a baller but he is nothing close to being talented as his big brother Andrew. Andrew played much as a sophomore and the QB starting position was completely Andrew's when he was a junior and right now his little bro Jason is overshadowed by Andrew which means less experience for Jason. Totally different high school varsity football careers for these two brothers.

As to Montwood's defense they best get to repairing all the loose nuts and bolts immediately before the playoffs because if they don't they will be eliminated quickly and that disastrous defense will carry over to next season.

JUCO -you a Montwood Fan or Parent ?

Please
Jaw dropping
Cats32
Tbirds

The defense is the problem at Coronado. Bob Anderson is calling the defense. He refuses to rush the quarterback. Pass coverage will always break down sooner or later. The quarterback for Montwood was allowed to stand there for up to 15 seconds at times. Our defensive special teams play is suspect as well. special teams cost us the Pebble Hills game because we could not defend a punt.
They brag about defensive stats and leading tacklers. LOL if your defense is always on the field, this phenomenon will happen. The offense can be just as bad. They played musical quarterbacks for most of the year. Now Garcia is playing musical running backs. He has changed the offense three times this year. Alex Norzargaray and Stephen Martinez are huge weapons . We should use them. One players dad cried, and now at the expense of the team, we all suffer. Suck it up and play your best players. Politics don't win ball games. How many players are kicked off the team?? We sure could use Thomas Rey at linebacker. What a shame that we will never know how good Carter McFadden could have been. He could nail that QB more often than not. Why is it that every other team in this city can blitz, but us?

These guys will never take ownership, but they should.
Ironic that you say you don’t blitz and I think we (Montwood) blitz’s to much. I wasn’t able to catch this game so I can’t give my 2 cents, but it sounds like it was a heck of a game. Looks like Coronado has improved tremendously as the year progresses, but who knows how they’d start if they had some consistency to start off the season with. Good luck Friday against EL Do

I Totally agree about Carter he is a game changer.I think the offense is running perfect we scored 49 points guess what that is the most all year!We played Andress and Jay lou touch the ball 4 times the offence scored once so where are these other playmakers.With Donitelli back at QB and the new offensive scheme the tbirds will make the playoffs. As far as defence yes you have a argument we need to blitz.Next year will be better Seabrook will play both ways Ethan will Qb along with Parker and Lemaster and Slaughter.And guess what New coaching staff will be in place.

Who is Parker and Lemaster? I cannot find anything on them. Was ethan the old quarterback? Slaughter is graduating. What coaching staff do you speak of? I have heard that Anderson is out. Who takes over? Mike Garci or Octavio Ledon?

You are wrong on a couple of items. James Parker is primarily a JV player and he is unranked in district stats. He has suited up and played a few snaps on the varsity. He got some good separation early in the year, but dropped a wide open perfectly thrown ball by Donatelli that would have been a touchdown , and that landed him on the JV. David Lemaster ranks #58 in district with 3 catches for 18 yards. He is a tall drink of water. He could really come on this next year. These will be two of the upcoming receivers for next year. They are juniors. Garrett Slaughter is NOT graduating. He is a junior. He is ranked #18 in the district in receiving and leads the team in rushing yards . Julian Madrid is graduating. He is ranked #50 in receiving yards. Jose Luis is ranked #6 in yards receiving. a beast. The coaching staff will not be going anywhere. Coronado will be losing a lot of kiddos this year. Ethan Arroyo should be the quarterback next year, but they may move Ben Carney into that position. Robert Moody could also contend.

I had to look this up:

District 1 Record District PF PA
El Paso Montwood (7-0) (4-0) 385 235 2619
El Paso Pebble Hills(7-0) (4-0)282 104 2622
El Paso El Dorado (4-3) (3-1) 295 274 2978
El Paso Coronado (3-4) (2-2) 206 241 2697.5
El Paso Eastwood (2-5) (1-3) 263 254 2336
El Paso Franklin (2-5) (1-3) 240 310 2726.5
El Paso Americas (2-5) (1-3) 145 227 2359
El Paso Socorro (0-7)

Who has the worse defense? Pebble Hills has yet to play Eastwood Montwood and El Dorado.

ThatKidJ

I had to look this up:

District 1 Record District PF PA
El Paso Montwood (7-0) (4-0) 385 235 2619
El Paso Pebble Hills(7-0) (4-0)282 104 2622
El Paso El Dorado (4-3) (3-1) 295 274 2978
El Paso Coronado (3-4) (2-2) 206 241 2697.5
El Paso Eastwood (2-5) (1-3) 263 254 2336
El Paso Franklin (2-5) (1-3) 240 310 2726.5
El Paso Americas (2-5) (1-3) 145 227 2359
El Paso Socorro (0-7)

Who has the worse defense? Pebble Hills has yet to play Eastwood Montwood and El Dorado.

Why did you post that? What is your point to this?

Look at Montwood n Franklin final score
Look at Montwood n Coronado final score

Once you do that then

Look at Pebble Hills n Franklin final score
Look at Pebble Hills n Coronado final score

After you do all of that you will get your answer to your question.

Football Enthusiast
Somebody mentioned that #33 Everette Ruhl wasn't playing LB because of his size, that he's too short to play LB. But he tall enough to play Safety??? Well that's a bunch of crap. I got the real scoop. The problem with #33 started during 7 on 7 in the summer when Coach Robles, who is known for cussing out his players did the same thing to Ev and was called out on it and he's held a childish a grudge on this kid ever since.

Nobody can say that Coach Robles is doing a good job with the defense. But his incompetence is getting ignored by Coach Famaligi because of their undefeated record which is zero to do with the defense!

MW is where they are because of the offense, especially QB Andrew Fernandez and WR Tyreese Andrus, two players that would make any ELP team look good, including Socorro.

FYI...minus #33, MW has 9 players listed as LBs, all of them are Jrs with the exception of two (Luna and Sierra). I'm not sure if either of them start but Ev is better then all of them. The kid plays with allot of heart and aggression that the defense seems to be lacking. They have no true leader on defense which also reflects negatively on Coach Robles.

If Coach Famaligi doesn't make changes they will be exposed in the playoffs...trust me.

Great post! So glad somebody finally stepped up and called this coach out.
Like him or not, #33 is a badass player, and should be playing at the starting LB position.
Now lets see if this post gets deleted by the gridiron warden, like so many other posts have. smh

1 2 3
w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m