EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6
Author
Comment
Re: Week 8: (6-0) Montwood Rams Vs. (3-3) Coronado Thunderbirds

I also want to recognized the Rams offensive line for doing a great job of protecting their QB!!!

Rams
I also want to recognized the Rams offensive line for doing a great job of protecting their QB!!!

You must be a parent of one of the offensive linemen. Don't sweat it that quarterbacks and running backs and wide receivers get most if not all of the attention for the success of a team because whenever a quarterback, running back or wide receiver gets attention they are representing the entire offense not just themselves. Usually it is only the parents of offensive linemen and also defensive linemen that feel they do not get any recognition but the fact of the matter is they do through the successes of the quarterbacks, running backs and wide receivers.

Get real
Bad calls where bad but what was worst where the NO CALLS! Penalties in the refs face that would not be called on both teams that degraded the sportsmanship of the teams
especially that #70 from Coronado. Plays too nasty

This game is over Montwood won and coronado loss.

The whole team pays for his mistakes. Not a leader!

💯 agree! It’s incredible and heartbreaking to see this over and over.
It’s clear that Coronado has the potential to be one of the best teams in the city, but the plays suck. You have no one protecting the QBs, so the play calls are impossible. Yet defensively, Coronado refuses to rush the QB, so they have all the time in the world to stay in the pocket and execute great plays. “The definition of insanity is repeating the same mistakes over and over again and expecting different results,”
This is not to take away anything from the Rams, they have amazing talent. But this happens all the time with Coronado. Hoping Coronado coaches can open up & take some advice.

The defense is the problem at Coronado. Bob Anderson is calling the defense. He refuses to rush the quarterback. Pass coverage will always break down sooner or later. The quarterback for Montwood was allowed to stand there for up to 15 seconds at times. Our defensive special teams play is suspect as well. special teams cost us the Pebble Hills game because we could not defend a punt.
They brag about defensive stats and leading tacklers. LOL if your defense is always on the field, this phenomenon will happen. The offense can be just as bad. They played musical quarterbacks for most of the year. Now Garcia is playing musical running backs. He has changed the offense three times this year. Alex Norzargaray and Stephen Martinez are huge weapons . We should use them. One players dad cried, and now at the expense of the team, we all suffer. Suck it up and play your best players. Politics don't win ball games. How many players are kicked off the team?? We sure could use Thomas Rey at linebacker. What a shame that we will never know how good Carter McFadden could have been. He could nail that QB more often than not. Why is it that every other team in this city can blitz, but us?

These guys will never take ownership, but they should.

Tbirds

The defense is the problem at Coronado. Bob Anderson is calling the defense. He refuses to rush the quarterback. Pass coverage will always break down sooner or later. The quarterback for Montwood was allowed to stand there for up to 15 seconds at times. Our defensive special teams play is suspect as well. special teams cost us the Pebble Hills game because we could not defend a punt.
They brag about defensive stats and leading tacklers. LOL if your defense is always on the field, this phenomenon will happen. The offense can be just as bad. They played musical quarterbacks for most of the year. Now Garcia is playing musical running backs. He has changed the offense three times this year. Alex Norzargaray and Stephen Martinez are huge weapons . We should use them. One players dad cried, and now at the expense of the team, we all suffer. Suck it up and play your best players. Politics don't win ball games. How many players are kicked off the team?? We sure could use Thomas Rey at linebacker. What a shame that we will never know how good Carter McFadden could have been. He could nail that QB more often than not. Why is it that every other team in this city can blitz, but us?

Ironic that you say you don’t blitz and I think we (Montwood) blitz’s to much. I wasn’t able to catch this game so I can’t give my 2 cents, but it sounds like it was a heck of a game. Looks like Coronado has improved tremendously as the year progresses, but who knows how they’d start if they had some consistency to start off the season with. Good luck Friday against EL Do

Spartandad
BIG TIME
Granted that Montwood has one of the most potent offenses, PH defense has allowed an average of 14 points per game.

I think our average might go up after the Montwood game. LOL. Major props to Fernandez and company. What an offensive show they are. Congrats on the win and may we both be undefeated after next week so we can have a battle of the unbeatens!

Wishful thinking Spartandad, Troopers have found their way and will win at Home.

Cats32
Tbirds

Ironic that you say you don’t blitz and I think we (Montwood) blitz’s to much. I wasn’t able to catch this game so I can’t give my 2 cents, but it sounds like it was a heck of a game. Looks like Coronado has improved tremendously as the year progresses, but who knows how they’d start if they had some consistency to start off the season with. Good luck Friday against EL Do

I Totally agree about Carter he is a game changer.I think the offense is running perfect we scored 49 points guess what that is the most all year!We played Andress and Jay lou touch the ball 4 times the offence scored once so where are these other playmakers.With Donitelli back at QB and the new offensive scheme the tbirds will make the playoffs. As far as defence yes you have a argument we need to blitz.Next year will be better Seabrook will play both ways Ethan will Qb along with Parker and Lemaster and Slaughter.And guess what New coaching staff will be in place.

Jaw dropping
Cats32
Tbirds

Is Anderson resigning? If he makes the playoffs this year, they are all staying.

I Totally agree about Carter he is a game changer.I think the offense is running perfect we scored 49 points guess what that is the most all year!We played Andress and Jay lou touch the ball 4 times the offence scored once so where are these other playmakers.With Donitelli back at QB and the new offensive scheme the tbirds will make the playoffs. As far as defence yes you have a argument we need to blitz.Next year will be better Seabrook will play both ways Ethan will Qb along with Parker and Lemaster and Slaughter.And guess what New coaching staff will be in place.

The seniors want to win now. When you have a Jlu you should win. How can he not be open. Most teams play to stop the run. Montwood put 8 in the box and what happened ? 100 yard pass for a TD to Julian Madrid. When you have good running backs , you should be able to throw the ball. JLu cant be rhe only thing. He is a soecial teams wonder, but he isnt even on the charts at WR. Alex Norz has that clicked up. We need to spread the ball around.

Garrett Slaughter #9 actually caught that 98 harder.

WESTMAN
Garrett Slaughter #9 actually caught that 98 harder.

You are absolutely correct. I was at the game. Longest pass play i have ever seen. He is an every down back. Why are the coaches wasting that young man. Players like Jose Luis and Garrett Slaughter should always be on the field. When The Tbirds came within four points in the 4th quarter , we all could not figure out why he was on rhe sideline. I guess that is another mystery. El Paso times has him at over 5 yards per carry.

Jaw dropping
Cats32
Tbirds

Who is Parker and Lemaster? I cannot find anything on them. Was ethan the old quarterback? Slaughter is graduating. What coaching staff do you speak of? I have heard that Anderson is out. Who takes over? Mike Garci or Octavio Ledon?

Somebody mentioned that #33 Everette Ruhl wasn't playing LB because of his size, that he's too short to play LB. But he tall enough to play Safety??? Well that's a bunch of crap. I got the real scoop. The problem with #33 started during 7 on 7 in the summer when Coach Robles, who is known for cussing out his players did the same thing to Ev and was called out on it and he's held a childish a grudge on this kid ever since.

Nobody can say that Coach Robles is doing a good job with the defense. But his incompetence is getting ignored by Coach Famaligi because of their undefeated record which is zero to do with the defense!

MW is where they are because of the offense, especially QB Andrew Fernandez and WR Tyreese Andrus, two players that would make any ELP team look good, including Socorro.

FYI...minus #33, MW has 9 players listed as LBs, all of them are Jrs with the exception of two (Luna and Sierra). I'm not sure if either of them start but Ev is better then all of them. The kid plays with allot of heart and aggression that the defense seems to be lacking. They have no true leader on defense which also reflects negatively on Coach Robles.

If Coach Famaligi doesn't make changes they will be exposed in the playoffs...trust me.

Football Enthusiast
Somebody mentioned that #33 Everette Ruhl wasn't playing LB because of his size, that he's too short to play LB. But he tall enough to play Safety??? Well that's a bunch of crap. I got the real scoop. The problem with #33 started during 7 on 7 in the summer when Coach Robles, who is known for cussing out his players did the same thing to Ev and was called out on it and he's held a childish a grudge on this kid ever since.

Nobody can say that Coach Robles is doing a good job with the defense. But his incompetence is getting ignored by Coach Famaligi because of their undefeated record which is zero to do with the defense!

MW is where they are because of the offense, especially QB Andrew Fernandez and WR Tyreese Andrus, two players that would make any ELP team look good, including Socorro.

FYI...minus #33, MW has 9 players listed as LBs, all of them are Jrs with the exception of two (Luna and Sierra). I'm not sure if either of them start but Ev is better then all of them. The kid plays with allot of heart and aggression that the defense seems to be lacking. They have no true leader on defense which also reflects negatively on Coach Robles.

If Coach Famaligi doesn't make changes they will be exposed in the playoffs...trust me.

Unfortunately, HS Coaches in our area are not held accountable and answer to no one. Huge "local boy egos" will never allow them to grow and get better as football coaches. You mentioned # 33 player from Montwood playing with a lot of heart, Correction that kid is all heart 100%. All 5'2 or whatever this clown said about him on another thread......

Robles is not d coordinator,
It's Villarreal. That is who you talking about!!

I'm talking about all of the defensive coaches, but especially Robles because he's in charge of the LBs.

As most know Andrew Fernandez and Tyreese Andrus are true Division 1 prospects meaning that they actually have official Division 1 offers and why they are excelling on the field. These two Division 1 prospects who are practically 97.99% of Montwoods offensive green mean machine will be graduating after this season which spells trouble for Montwood next year A. Because they will be gone next year and B. because of what we all are witnessing with their many defensive issues this year.

1 2 3 4 5 6
w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m