Chapin 38 Irvin 14
Andress 42 Jefferson 7
El Paso 14 Bowie 21
Parkland 38 Ysleta 14
Riverside 7 Horizon 14
Bel Air 24 Hanks 21
Eastlake - Del Valle - Game of the week no prediction

Re: Week 8 Predictions

So looking at this week’s schedule I would imagine we are all going to pick the same way. Minus a game or two here and there.

LETS GET BOLD.

Predict an upset.

NOT THAT IT WOULD OR COULD HAPPEN.

But what is one you think could possibly end in an upset?

I’m going to say Franklin over El Dorado because I have to pick something.

I think Franklin matches well barring injuries and turnovers and could keep it close. So that’s my upset.

BigHecIII
So looking at this week’s schedule I would imagine we are all going to pick the same way. Minus a game or two here and there.

LETS GET BOLD.

Predict an upset.

I think Franklin matches well barring injuries and turnovers and could keep it close. So that’s my upset.

I don't know about that. Franklin receivers have

Please don't use The Rams name to put those Franklin kids down. They played a very competitive game. I personally don't think this is a Ram supporter.

Socorro will not be able to climb those steep high hills of Sparta

Americas and Eastwood will be holding, scratching, clawing, yelling, clipping, tripping, facemasking, kissing, licking and doing all sorts of things in this game because they are in a desperate need to know what it feels like to win a game.

Burges is playing good football but Austin is also playing good football and so I take the team whoever has the ball last.

El Dorado and Franklin will be a shootout and the team who does not turnover the ball in this game will win this crazy one.

There are some who are calling this game of the week what they don't get is that Del Valle is at another level that Eastlake is not. Save your money or go to the movies instead.

Ysleta can't score and in order to win a game you need to score which Parkland knows how to do a lot of.

Coronado is finally playing some good football but Montwood is playing super great football.

Chapin is going to go ballistic on Irvin so if you are a Irvin follower do not go to this game I repeat do not go to this game because it's going to get ugly on that football field.

Andress is finally clicking on all cylinders and those cylinders are going to trounce up and down on Jefferson non stop.

Horizon will beat Riverside soundly don't ask me how they will do it I just know that they will.

El Paso high is going finish off Bowie of the little left overs from the Chapin beat down.

Hanks does not have a defense but that is not a problem in their game with Bel Air because Bel Air does not have a defense also. Hanks in overtime.

BigHecIII

LETS GET BOLD.

Predict an upset.

Not sure if it's an upset but I have Eastwood over Americas.

RAM56
Please don't use The Rams name to put those Franklin kids down. They played a very competitive game. I personally don't think this is a Ram supporter.

Who do you think you are telling me or anyone else what to use or not to use and post or not to post on the internet? What are you the internet police or do you own our Mobtwood Rams? I've been posting in this board supporting Montwood football for years ever since my son was a Ram. I have a nephew on the current Montwood team and very proud of him and his teammates.

El Dorado vs. Franklin(W)
Eastwood(W) vs. Americas
Montwood(W) vs. Coronado
Socorro vs. Pebble Hills(W)
Austin vs. Burges(W)
Chapin(W) vs. Irvin
Andress(W) vs. Jefferson
El Paso vs. Bowie(W)
Parkland(W) vs. Ysleta
Riverside(W) vs. Horizon
Bel Air(W) vs. Hanks
Eastlake vs. Del Valle(W)

Spartandad
BigHecIII

LETS GET BOLD.

Predict an upset.

Not sure if it's an upset but I have Eastwood over Americas.

You are gutsy to be picking Eastwood. You better hope they don't have any ejections. I wouldn't touch this game with a ten foot pole.

El Dorado
Eastwood
Montwood
Socorro
Burges
Chapin
Andress
Bowie
Parkland
Horizon
Bel Air
Del Valle

I think like a parent.

I’m guessing I’m the only one going for Eastlake

EP to Brownsville

Eastlake doesn't have too many real fans but maybe if they beat Del Valle they will all come out of the closet you know those bandwagon fans and they will join you the rest of the season and playoffs.

Rudy
EP to Brownsville

Eastlake doesn't have too many real fans but maybe if they beat Del Valle they will all come out of the closet you know those bandwagon fans and they will join you the rest of the season and playoffs.

Eastlake over Del Valle!

EP to Brownsville
Rudy
EP to Brownsville

I was able to catch some of the game between Eastlake and Hanks last week before our game on Thursday at the SAC. I would normally take Eastlake but without the RB who left the game in crutches last week, I will have to take DV. I did not see anyone on Eastlake that stepped in. I hope that young man recovers in time for playoffs. Best of luck to him.

That injury may have cost Eastlake the ship. Sad to because it was in the second half with the game in hand, coach had no need having that kid in the game.

He might try and tough it out but I doubt he'll go from being helped off the field and in crutches one week to 100% the next.

Slider Dad
EP to Brownsville
Rudy
EP to Brownsville

I was able to catch some of the game between Eastlake and Hanks last week before our game on Thursday at the SAC. I would normally take Eastlake but without the RB who left the game in crutches last week, I will have to take DV. I did not see anyone on Eastlake that stepped in. I hope that young man recovers in time for playoffs. Best of luck to him.

That injury may have cost Eastlake the ship. Sad to because it was in the second half with the game in hand, coach had no need having that kid in the game.

He might try and tough it out but I doubt he'll go from being helped off the field and in crutches one week to 100% the next.

That Eastlake RB shouldn't play in this game. Yes this game has district title implications but as I and many others believe in Texas it's all about the Playoffs. Title Championships in the Playoffs are 1 million times sweeter than a district title. But then again coaches in El Paso sure do love those local district titles for some reason.

Slider Dad
EP to Brownsville
Rudy
EP to Brownsville

Believe me that Eastlake has no worries in the backfield did you not see #21 yes he's a freshman but kid is talented and plays beyond his age not to mention Avina!

EP to Brownsville
Slider Dad
EP to Brownsville
Rudy
EP to Brownsville

Believe me that Eastlake has no worries in the backfield did you not see #21 yes he's a freshman but kid is talented and plays beyond his age not to mention Avina!

Counting on a freshman in this type of a game??? Too much pressure for an inexperience player. Fumble Fumble Fumble Fumble

EP to Brownsville
Slider Dad
EP to Brownsville
Rudy
EP to Brownsville

I'm sure there are worries, you lost your starting RB and are filling in with a freshman.- no worries... Avina is the type of player you need to get the ball to out in the open not really a RB, he's used more as a slot with his size it's tough for him to get going from the backfield. He's advantage is speed. But good luck to you with that strategy, no worries...

I am going off of what I see on video unfortunately since I left EP I have not attended any games, and I doubt that freshman will fill the void that Jones does and yes his father stated he is good to go but what parent would not say that about their son. Let's hope the game is what it is being billed to be and not a complete blowout on any end, these two teams always put up a great show.

Not to mention Del Valle has the #14 ranked 5A defense in the state only allowing an average of 13 points a game. I see Jones playing but eventually being pulled due to risk of injury. If the injury is as bad as everyone is saying the coaches and his dad need to think safety first.

Doc
Not to mention Del Valle has the #14 ranked 5A defense in the state only allowing an average of 13 points a game. I see Jones playing but eventually being pulled due to risk of injury. If the injury is as bad as everyone is saying the coaches and his dad need to think safety first.

Well doc what can I say!!!! you can always look at the glitter if that's what you wish to see but reality is Del Valle and Eastlake are pretty evenly matched up...

Eastlake PF 249 PA 119 Del Valle PF 248 PA 94

but if you like the glitter and glamour more than you like reality ....... Hell Parkland has the #14th ranked 5A offense in the state as well.. However they still lost to both Eastlake and Del Valle...Now didn't they? This games outcome will be determined by Eastlakes Defense not their offense where it goes so will the game.. So Eastlakes defense will win this game or lose it and that's the bottom line .....And it is what it is !!!!! And I do agree with you about jones if he's not ready or close to 100 percent .... safety comes first they should just sit him out.. there's plenty of football to be played ... And a DC is not worth taking a risk and causing further injury...his talent will be needed come playoff time !!!!!!

Kingsrealm
Doc

Well doc what can I say!!!! you can always look at the glitter if that's what you wish to see but reality is Del Valle and Eastlake are pretty evenly matched up...

but if you like the glitter and glamour more than you like reality ....... Hell Parkland has the #14th ranked 5A offense in the state as well.. However they still lost to both Eastlake and Del Valle...Now didn't they? This games outcome will be determined by Eastlakes Defense not their offense where it goes so will the game.. So Eastlakes defense will win this game or lose it and that's the bottom line .....And it is what it is !!!!! And I do agree with you about jones if he's not ready or close to 100 percent .... safety comes first they should just sit him out.. there's plenty of football to be played ... And a DC is not worth taking a risk and causing further injury...his talent will be needed come playoff time !!!!!!

I’m simply talking defense no glitter and glam here King, just stating the facts. I never mention Eastlake not matching up with Del Valle just advised on the defense and what they’re capable of. Just ask Mr. Hankins who left the game in the 3rd with an injury due to the constant gang tackling. Eastlake PA 119 Del Valle PA 94....and that’s that DV has played 1 more game than Eastlake. Anyways, I hope Jones is healthy enough to play because at the end of the day everyone pays to see Eastlakes best vs Del Valles best.

Doc
Kingsrealm
Doc

I’m simply talking defense no glitter and glam here King, just stating the facts. I never mention Eastlake not matching up with Del Valle just advised on the defense and what they’re capable of. Just ask Mr. Hankins who left the game in the 3rd with an injury due to the constant gang tackling. Eastlake PA 119 Del Valle PA 94....and that’s that DV has played 1 more game than Eastlake. Anyways, I hope Jones is healthy enough to play because at the end of the day everyone pays to see Eastlakes best vs Del Valles best.

I hear you !!!!! Good luck to both teams !!!!! Hope this game lives up to it's expectations !!!!! Go falcons !!!!!

My predictions

Pebble Hills 55 Socorro 0
Americas 28 Eastwood 27
Parkland 50 Ysleta 0
Hanks 42 Bel Air 28
Austin 31 Burges 21
Franklin 42 El Dorado 35
Eastlake 35 Del Valle 24
Chapin 49 Irvin 0
Andress 38 Jefferson 21
Riverside 24 Horizon 23
Bowie 28 El Paso 24
Montwood 56 Coronado 31

Williams
Slider Dad
EP to Brownsville
Rudy
EP to Brownsville

That Eastlake RB shouldn't play in this game. Yes this game has district title implications but as I and many others believe in Texas it's all about the Playoffs. Title Championships in the Playoffs are 1 million times sweeter than a district title. But then again coaches in El Paso sure do love those local district titles for some reason.

Because that’s all these schools around here can get once a team travel to the central time zone it’s a rap.....lol

Hulk2017
Williams
Slider Dad
EP to Brownsville
Rudy
EP to Brownsville

Because that’s all these schools around here can get once a team travel to the central time zone it’s a rap.....lol

Its all good bro, El Paso teams are making progress every year. The talent in EP is just too spread out. We don't have the small town feel like Aledo, Abilene or Odessa. You'll never be able to get all the talent on one team as they do. But I'll tell you what, if we could we'd win a state championship every year.

Odessa has Two high schools and one private school. Only 98,000 population. Just the two high schools they are fishing out of a 45K population. Permian in Odessa has only 2303 kids 9-12th grade. Midland Lee has only 2145.

Montwood has a whopping 2569 students 9-12

Coronado has 2579

Eldorado has a massive 3806

Franklin has 2819

Abilene 2265

All of our 6-A teams have a larger student body to choose from than schools you mentioned. We have a problem paying coaches. We are 30K a year behind other districts. Our coaches average between 75- 80K a year. Those boys in Odessa and Midland make 130 and a car allowance. They also have no classroom duties. They have oil based booster clubs. Its a money thing. We have waaaaay more student body at each school.

Look at it this way. Permian's former head coach GIL BARTOSH became head coach at UTEP. Midland Lee's former head coach Spike Dykes became head coach at Texas Tech. Permian's former coach Gary Gaines became head coach at Abilene Christian university. Permian's coach Tam Hollingshead became the OC at Texas A&M. they have about 20 collective state championships with a smaller student body. It's the coaching people.

Listen up
Odessa has Two high schools and one private school. Only 98,000 population. Just the two high schools they are fishing out of a 45K population. Permian in Odessa has only 2303 kids 9-12th grade. Midland Lee has only 2145.

Coronado has 2579

Franklin has 2819

Abilene 2265

All of our 6-A teams have a larger student body to choose from than schools you mentioned. We have a problem paying coaches. We are 30K a year behind other districts. Our coaches average between 75- 80K a year. Those boys in Odessa and Midland make 130 and a car allowance. They also have no classroom duties. They have oil based booster clubs. Its a money thing. We have waaaaay more student body at each school.

Look at it this way. Permian's former head coach GIL BARTOSH became head coach at UTEP. Midland Lee's former head coach Spike Dykes became head coach at Texas Tech. Permian's former coach Gary Gaines became head coach at Abilene Christian university. Permian's coach Tam Hollingshead became the OC at Texas A&M. they have about 20 collective state championships with a smaller student body. It's the coaching people.

I along with others have said something similar to this in the past within this forum. It's the coaching and a money thing but not many like to talk about this big problem.

Also when you have the buddy system in El Paso it makes the problem worse.

Rico
Socorro will not be able to climb those steep high hills of Sparta

Americas and Eastwood will be holding, scratching, clawing, yelling, clipping, tripping, facemasking, kissing, licking and doing all sorts of things in this game because they are in a desperate need to know what it feels like to win a game.

Burges is playing good football but Austin is also playing good football and so I take the team whoever has the ball last.

El Dorado and Franklin will be a shootout and the team who does not turnover the ball in this game will win this crazy one.

There are some who are calling this game of the week what they don't get is that Del Valle is at another level that Eastlake is not. Save your money or go to the movies instead.

Ysleta can't score and in order to win a game you need to score which Parkland knows how to do a lot of.

Coronado is finally playing some good football but Montwood is playing super great football.

Chapin is going to go ballistic on Irvin so if you are a Irvin follower do not go to this game I repeat do not go to this game because it's going to get ugly on that football field.

Andress is finally clicking on all cylinders and those cylinders are going to trounce up and down on Jefferson non stop.

Horizon will beat Riverside soundly don't ask me how they will do it I just know that they will.

El Paso high is going finish off Bowie of the little left overs from the Chapin beat down.

Hanks does not have a defense but that is not a problem in their game with Bel Air because Bel Air does not have a defense also. Hanks in overtime.

Rico you're wrong on some games especially the Bowie and El Paso high game. Bowie will cruise for the win.

Pebble Hills 52 Socorro 0

Austin 28 Burges 24

Del Valle 31 Eastlake 14

Americas 24 Eastwood 23

El Dorado 42 Franklin 27

Andress 58 Jefferson 3

Hanks 31 Bel Air 30

El Paso 28 Bowie 20

Parkland 45 Ysleta 10

Coronado 48 Montwood 31

Chapin 55 Irvin 0

Horizon 28 Riverside 27

Keep dreaming in class Ricky.

A large amount of these student going to El Paso high school come from Juarez. Most don't play football. If you look at the size of teams in El Paso they're about 50-60 kids on them. Most of the teams your talking about have 70-100 kids.

Williams
Listen up

Coronado has 2579

Franklin has 2819

Abilene 2265

I along with others have said something similar to this in the past within this forum. It's the coaching and a money thing but not many like to talk about this big problem.

You forgot to mention that these Odessa/ Midland Coaches are held accountable. They have 2-3 average to bad years and they're gone. Strong Alumni and Booster groups wont allow for a coach that is not producing to stick around. Administrators don't have much of a say so, its not like the good 'ol boy - Compa System we have here in EP.

Fballer
Williams
Listen up

Coronado has 2579

Franklin has 2819

Abilene 2265

You forgot to mention that these Odessa/ Midland Coaches are held accountable. They have 2-3 average to bad years and they're gone. Strong Alumni and Booster groups wont allow for a coach that is not producing to stick around. Administrators don't have much of a say so, its not like the good 'ol boy - Compa System we have here in EP.

They’re held more accountable because look at the salary difference compared to El Paso. It can’t even come close to be compared. They better produce and be held more accountable when starting pay is well passed the 120K mark and they negotiate pay because their pay scale is not based on a teacher salary like here. It is strictly the buisiness of football. That’s what hurts El Paso compared to Texas.

Miner
Fballer
Williams
Listen up

Coronado has 2579

Franklin has 2819

Abilene 2265

They’re held more accountable because look at the salary difference compared to El Paso. It can’t even come close to be compared. They better produce and be held more accountable when starting pay is well passed the 120K mark and they negotiate pay because their pay scale is not based on a teacher salary like here. It is strictly the buisiness of football. That’s what hurts El Paso compared to Texas.

I agree. That's what hurts El Paso HS football as well as UTEP football. They don't want to pay good money for great and proven winning coaches. School districts in El Paso and Diana Natalicio at UTEP care more about academics which don't get me wrong is great and all but they should care a lot more about athletics because athletics is what brings in loads of money to the school along with many other things. And again yes academics is great but that backfires on UTEP and the entire city of El Paso because the graduates from UTEP usually take their degrees to other cities or states. So the investment does not stay here in El Paso and the city of El Paso loses.

Edgar
Miner
Fballer
Williams
Listen up

Coronado has 2579

Franklin has 2819

Abilene 2265

I agree. That's what hurts El Paso HS football as well as UTEP football. They don't want to pay good money for great and proven winning coaches. School districts in El Paso and Diana Natalicio at UTEP care more about academics which don't get me wrong is great and all but they should care a lot more about athletics because athletics is what brings in loads of money to the school along with many other things. And again yes academics is great but that backfires on UTEP and the entire city of El Paso because the graduates from UTEP usually take their degrees to other cities or states. So the investment does not stay here in El Paso and the city of El Paso loses.

It really has nothing to do with quality of coaching. It's Money.

The head coach in Texas cannot make more money than the Principal of the school.

If Odessa Permian's Principal makes 150K per year, the head coach can be at 149K

The bad news is that Principals in ElPaso only make 106K at the highest paid school in town which is Coronado. Hence, Bob Anderson's salary in the 90K dollar range. They would have to give a huge Admin pay raise to be allowed to pay the coaches more money. It wont happen. We have , what we have.

Beast
A large amount of these student going to El Paso high school come from Juarez. Most don't play football. If you look at the size of teams in El Paso they're about 50-60 kids on them. Most of the teams your talking about have 70-100 kids.

That has to do with baseball and soccer being more prevalent than in other areas. Odessa and Midland could give a rats **** about some soccer. The football coaches should encourage more participation.

In El Paso you’re not paid based on how good of a coach you are. Your base salary is based on first your years of teaching. Then the stipen for football head coach is added which is the same for everyone is the district then the stipen for being an athletic director is added which is also the same for everyone within the district.

I wonder if it is because they have all their talent condensed to 2-3 schools, El Paso has like 27 or so high schools with talent spread thin over this huge footprint. Or Maybe those oil field rough necks just grow bigger and stronger kids. Just thinking out loud, love me some EP football.

LMAO why are you posting falar information. Coronado is not the hofhest Paid school. My father is a retired principal from the Ysleta district, and he finished off at 114000.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m