EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Week 9: (2-5) Americas Trail Blazers Vs. (7-0) Montwood Rams

The Montwoods Rams offense scored 69 points tonight against Coronado while the Rams defense allowed the T-Birds to put up 52 points of their own.

Can Americas slow down Montwoods high scoring offense and can the Rams defense prove once and for all that they can be consistent for the entire game so that the offense doesn't have to work so hard?

Re: Week 9: (2-5) Americas Trail Blazers Vs. (7-0) Montwood Rams

Easy game prediction

Montwood 70 Americas 55

I hope coach Famaligi makes adjustments with his defense and special teams before this game and pebble hills or otherwise forget a perfect season and short run in the Texas playoffs, rams have a great team put have to be better defensively and special tea to win.

Montwood will win. However, adjustments On defense and special teams MUST be made to compete outside of el paso. Go Rams!!!

Americas offense is struggling right now.

Montwood 68 - 17

I suspect we will see backup QB Jason Fernandez start this game for Montwood.

Scorekeeper
I suspect we will see backup QB Jason Fernandez start this game for Montwood.

What about Montwood's defense will we see them

That's because they don't have Tremaine Henderson.

Scorekeeper

No,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Let me correct you. That's because Americas does not have a Jack or Josh Fields.

Nope Tremaine Henderson is who their missing this season.

I heard he quit the team!

Scorekeeper
Nope Tremaine Henderson is who their missing this season.

Let me correct you again. That's because Americas does not have a Jack or Josh Fields.

The Fields took Americas mojo with them.

Scorekeeper
Is this true? Why would he quit so late in the season? Interesting

RamNation
Scorekeeper

Doesn't matter. Players of teams all over the world in different sports leave teams for whatever reason happens every day. Teams must move forward.

Spitfire
RamNation
Scorekeeper

Doesn't matter. Players of teams all over the world in different sports leave teams for whatever reason happens every day. Teams must move forward.

Yes I understand that, but he was one of their semi-playmakers on that anemic offense. Kids who quit are usually the ones that don't get playing time or the spoiled ones who believe they should have more playing time cause they think they're better than what they are. And yes no Fields no Americas

Because Melton He's losing his team like Kugler lost the Miners...no relationship with his players

The answer
Because Melton He's losing his team like Kugler lost the Miners...no relationship with his players
Thanks. I've heard that before.

Truth be told Melton has his favorites and he liked the Fields boys, Jack Jr and Josh and did everything to get them recruited, including making them the centerpiece of the Trail Blazers offense. But Henderson is no Fields and I don't think he wanted to be the next Fields RB. He's a talented player in his own right but I'm not sure if quiting the team mid-season was the right thing to do.

Game hasn't even been played and excuses already flying. Come on man like someone said players on every sport quit teams or make their exit for whatever reason.

Man up as a unit and close out the season as best you can and try to spoil peoples party like beating maybe Montwood or others.

Rams
The Montwoods Rams offense scored 69 points tonight against Coronado while the Rams defense allowed the T-Birds to put up 52 points of their own.

Can Americas slow down Montwoods high scoring offense and can the Rams defense prove once and for all that they can be consistent for the entire game so that the offense doesn't have to work so hard?

21 points were scored on special teams mistakes.

Ram fan
I hope coach Famaligi makes adjustments with his defense and special teams before this game and pebble hills or otherwise forget a perfect season and short run in the Texas playoffs, rams have a great team put have to be better defensively and special tea to win.

They need to go back to a 4-3 or 5-2, fill in the gaps. Cover 2 formation to help out the corners on the deep routes.

This game will get ugly for Americas fast Montwood wins 64-14.

#33 Needs to play MLB!

Rams
#33 Needs to play MLB!
Why ?

Rams

21 points came from special teams mistakes.
The defense made crucial stops at crucial times of the game.

I don't care what you are anyone says #33 is a LB and he has been playing that position since youth football. And all this pettiness going on with the defensive coach behind the scenes reference this kid needs to stop! The bottom line is he's a very good football player who plays with a lot of heart and enthusiasm. This is not about speaking down on any other player but Ev Ruhl is playing out of position and as a result he is not as effective on defense as he could be. And that's all I have to say about it.

Spitfire
Scorekeeper

Let me correct you. That's because Americas does not have a Jack or Josh Fields.

AND they dont have Colton to lead their defense anymore either.

Rams
I don't care what you are anyone says #33 is a LB and he has been playing that position since youth football. And all this pettiness going on with the defensive coach behind the scenes reference this kid needs to stop! The bottom line is he's a very good football player who plays with a lot of heart and enthusiasm. This is not about speaking down on any other player but Ev Ruhl is playing out of position and as a result he is not as effective on defense as he could be. And that's all I have to say about it.

Maybe in middle school or City where you pay to play. This is Varsity and things change. (Parent) your not the only one going through this, it happens Nation Wide.

I think he is super small for linebacker isnt the kid 5”2 and with that size that might be the reason. He would be more effective at the position he is at right now. The other thing is he is more about doing his thing then listening to the coaches that also could be an issue.
Whatever the reason is the right spot is where ever he can help the team.

Montwood for the Win

We struggling but Americas for the Win

Ram fan
I think he is super small for linebacker isnt the kid 5”2 and with that size that might be the reason. He would be more effective at the position he is at right now. The other thing is he is more about doing his thing then listening to the coaches that also could be an issue.

Linebackers #58 and #35 are doing an outstanding job stopping the run. The secondary needs some adjustments or set up different formations.

Parent
Ram fan

Linebackers #58 and #35 are doing an outstanding job stopping the run. The secondary needs some adjustments or set up different formations.

Outstanding? Are you being serious or joking? Like someone said someplace in this board Montwood has a swiss cheese defense. Too many holes. Good thing they are playing Americas next because Americas has a similar swiss cheese defense like Montwoods but a little more cheesy and alot more holes.

My prediction
Montwood 49 Americas 21

Rams

# 33 Ruhl Is probably Montwoods' best defensive player. I have been watching him play for the last 3 years in High School. He's a leader and all heart and no he's not 5'2" .The kid plays with emotion, Is always around the ball and will knock the snot out of anyone on the field. Montwoods' defense definitely needs a change on defense. The question is will the Coaches EGO ALLOW HIM TO MAKE CHANGES?

Chris
Parent
Ram fan

Outstanding? Are you being serious or joking? Like someone said someplace in this board Montwood has a swiss cheese defense. Too many holes. Good thing they are playing Americas next because Americas has a similar swiss cheese defense like Montwoods but a little more cheesy and alot more holes.

My prediction
Montwood 49 Americas 21

Yep !!! If you knew the game you would know. Guess every defense is the City is Swiss cheese, cuz everybody scores on Friday night. Don't see any shut outs Chris!

Parent

Montwood's defense rushing yards allowed:

Coronado - 179 yards rushing
Franklin - 317 yards rushing
El Dorado - 304 yards rushing
Socorro - 309 yards rushing
Burges - 188 yards rushing
Midland - 356 yards rushing

I think you might want to set the bar a little higher on "doing an outstanding job"

Ram fan

You must not know football, But you don't need to be 6'3" to play middle Line Backer at the HS level here in El Paso. Who do they have to take on a 6'5" 320lb tackle?
Heart and Physical toughness makes up for size. Look around, some of the best LB are scaling at 5'7- 5'9 here locally.

Ram fan

Are you outa your mind "Ram fan?" 5'2"! The kid is on the smaller size, but more like 5'8". I've read your posts in the past, and you seem to hate on this kid a lot. I have to wonder what your motive is. I had the great fortune of coaching #33 at the youth level, and knew he'd be one to watch in middle and high school. Veliz brought up to varsity as a sophomore, where he started at middle LB mid-way through the season. Unfortunately, due to an injury, he only played one game last year, but it was the best game I've ever seen him play.
Like him or not, he NEEDS to be at starting LB, and in on every defensive play. He's plays with more aggression and determination than almost every other kid out there. It may look to you like he's "doing his own thing" and that's only because you can't help but look at him doing his thing on the field! He's a motivator, no doubt about it. Coaches need to put their egos aside, and do what's best for this team, or they can kiss any run in the playoffs buh-bye.

Defense Wins Games
Ram fan

Are you outa your mind "Ram fan?" 5'2"! The kid is on the smaller size, but more like 5'8". I've read your posts in the past, and you seem to hate on this kid a lot. I have to wonder what your motive is. I had the great fortune of coaching #33 at the youth level, and knew he'd be one to watch in middle and high school. Veliz brought up to varsity as a sophomore, where he started at middle LB mid-way through the season. Unfortunately, due to an injury, he only played one game last year, but it was the best game I've ever seen him play.
Like him or not, he NEEDS to be at starting LB, and in on every defensive play. He's plays with more aggression and determination than almost every other kid out there. It may look to you like he's "doing his own thing" and that's only because you can't help but look at him doing his thing on the field! He's a motivator, no doubt about it. Coaches need to put their egos aside, and do what's best for this team, or they can kiss any run in the playoffs buh-bye.

Hey Mr Defense Wins Games: Then why is Montwood 7-0 ?

Eastrider
Defense Wins Games
Ram fan

Eastsider Eastrider whatever your handle is on this board listen and listen good and take off those Montwood goggles.

In El Paso a 7-0 or 10-0 team does not matter squat buckets because majority of the time and please look up the word majority before you continue to read this post of mine.

Ok now that you know what majority means majority of the time El Paso teams with undefeated records or with only 1 loss usually lose in the Texas state playoffs to out of town teams in the first or second round to out of town teams with 5-6 records or 6-6 records.

So yes defense wins games where in really counts which is in the Texas state playoffs. So yes Montwood is in big big big trouble and they better fix their big open hole gaps fast because the regular cupcake season is almost over.

Outsider
Eastrider
Defense Wins Games
Ram fan

Eastsider Eastrider whatever your handle is on this board listen and listen good and take off those Montwood goggles.

In El Paso a 7-0 or 10-0 team does not matter squat buckets because majority of the time and please look up the word majority before you continue to read this post of mine.

Ok now that you know what majority means majority of the time El Paso teams with undefeated records or with only 1 loss usually lose in the Texas state playoffs to out of town teams in the first or second round to out of town teams with 5-6 records or 6-6 records.

So yes defense wins games where in really counts which is in the Texas state playoffs. So yes Montwood is in big big big trouble and they better fix their big open hole gaps fast because the regular cupcake season is almost over.

Who ever you are, (DWG-Outsider) Why you crying and worried about Montwood.

Eastrider
Outsider
Eastrider
Defense Wins Games
Ram fan

Who ever you are, (DWG-Outsider) Why you crying and worried about Montwood.

I'm not worried about Montwood but the reason I was crying was because while I was posting my comment my wife sitting beside me was cutting an onion to put in my sandwiches for lunch.

Defense wins games and it's no secret that MWs weakness is their defense. And lets be real...if the Rams were 0-7 instead of 7-0 Coach Robles would be fired but instead his incompetence as a defensive Coach is getting over-looked by Coach Famaligi, who may live to regret that decision come playoffs.

Football Enthusiast
Defense wins games and it's no secret that MWs weakness is their defense. And lets be real...if the Rams were 0-7 instead of 7-0 Coach Robles would be fired but instead his incompetence as a defensive Coach is getting over-looked by Coach Famaligi, who may live to regret that decision come playoffs.

Finally someone said it. Open your eyes Montwood followers like Football Enthusiast. You have to acknowledge the problem in order to fix the problem. Lighting religious candles or rubbing a rabbit's foot or a Buddha's tummy or hoping or wishing is not going to fix the problem.

Outsider
Football Enthusiast

Finally someone said it. Open your eyes Montwood followers like Football Enthusiast. You have to acknowledge the problem in order to fix the problem. Lighting religious candles or rubbing a rabbit's foot or a Buddha's tummy or hoping or wishing is not going to fix the problem.

Outsider your WRONG again with your FAKE News! Coach Villareal is Def-Coor.

You guys Dream about Montwood to much.

Montwood will just keep outscoring teams because if the defense hasn't change by this time of the year it probably won't. And I agree the coaching needs to change if they can't fix it.

Hey
Get your facts straight,
Robles is not d coordinator, Villarreal is. So it is Basically his defensive scheme

Not fake news...the entire defensive coaching staff is incompetent period and needs to be fired! Mark my words...when the MW offense is no longer relevant or should I say not as good after Andrus and Fernandez graduate. The of the defense will be highlighted even more. So its incumbent on Coach Famaligi to identify and fix these problems now.

Football Enthusiast
Not fake news...the entire defensive coaching staff is incompetent period and needs to be fired! Mark my words...when the MW offense is no longer relevant or should I say not as good after Andrus and Fernandez graduate. The of the defense will be highlighted even more. So its incumbent on Coach Famaligi to identify and fix these problems now.

Don't think you guys are Rams Fans: We have no worries, all the starting Juniors were in JV last year and they shared the District Title. So Montwood will be the #1 Contender in 1-6A.

Pebble, Coronado, El Do and Eastwood are losing the majority of their Senior Stack starters.

RamFan1
Football Enthusiast

Don't think you guys are Rams Fans: We have no worries, all the starting Juniors were in JV last year and they shared the District Title. So Montwood will be the #1 Contender in 1-6A.

Pebble, Coronado, El Do and Eastwood are losing the majority of their Senior Stack starters.

I'm no Montwood alum or have any relatives or friends playing for Montwood but real Montwood fans will address their problems or issues instead of ignoring them pretending their team is invisible or free of cracks in their team or in this case defensive unit.

If you don't like me or anyone talking about Montwood then during the playoffs when Montwood goes up against the first out of town team don't come saying to me and the entire city of El Paso to support Montwood. Support is what I and some are doing right now.

Juco
RamFan1
Football Enthusiast

I'm no Montwood alum or have any relatives or friends playing for Montwood but real Montwood fans will address their problems or issues instead of ignoring them pretending their team is invisible or free of cracks in their team or in this case defensive unit.

Then don't worry about it... We are good.

RamFan1
Juco
RamFan1
Football Enthusiast

Then don't worry about it... We are good.

Montwood is El Paso good but not playoffs ready or playoffs good. Have you even put any effort into looking at the projections of who Montwood may be playing in the first round of the playoffs or are you flying blind as a bat without putting any thought of what you are saying or just praying MOntwoods defense will repair itself magically?

No matter which out of town team Montwood plays Montwoods defense is going to be torn to shreds.

More than lickly all El Paso's teams would get shredded but Mont woods offense has shredded every team they have played. I believe they're #1 scoring 6a offense in Texas. So I think you worry about the other El Paso teams that can't score every time they get the ball.

Beast
More than lickly all El Paso's teams would get shredded but Mont woods offense has shredded every team they have played. I believe they're #1 scoring 6a offense in Texas. So I think you worry about the other El Paso teams that can't score every time they get the ball.

Obviously you are weaseling your way around my question. You are an optimistic person just wondering around aimlessly without seeing what is coming in front of you.

#1 scoring 6a offense in Texas??? Are you really basking with smiles and goody feelings on that? Hundreds of out of town teams throughout Texas would score a ridiculous amount of points on Frenship, Midland, Burges, Socorro, El Dorado, Franklin and Coronado as it is most teams are doing it to them right now not only Montwood.

Juco
Beast

Obviously you are weaseling your way around my question. You are an optimistic person just wondering around aimlessly without seeing what is coming in front of you.

#1 scoring 6a offense in Texas??? Are you really basking with smiles and goody feelings on that? Hundreds of out of town teams throughout Texas would score a ridiculous amount of points on Frenship, Midland, Burges, Socorro, El Dorado, Franklin and Coronado as it is most teams are doing it to them right now not only Montwood.

Then explain how come they are not #2#3#4#5?
You just Jelly JUCO, man up and mention your team ?

Not weaseling out just reality score more then you give up you win. Good luck to your team, if Montwood played them they lost and if they haven't good luck stopping Montwoods offense.

I had to look this up:

District 1 Record District PF PA
El Paso Montwood (7-0) (4-0) 385 235 2619
El Paso Pebble Hills(7-0) (4-0)282 104 2622
El Paso El Dorado (4-3) (3-1) 295 274 2978
El Paso Coronado (3-4) (2-2) 206 241 2697.5
El Paso Eastwood (2-5) (1-3) 263 254 2336
El Paso Franklin (2-5) (1-3) 240 310 2726.5
El Paso Americas (2-5) (1-3) 145 227 2359
El Paso Socorro (0-7)

Who has the worse defense? Pebble Hills has yet to play Eastwood Montwood and El Dorado.

Easy game for Montwood. 45-17 Rams.

ThatKidJ
I had to look this up:

District 1 Record District PF PA
El Paso Montwood (7-0) (4-0) 385 235 2619
El Paso Pebble Hills(7-0) (4-0)282 104 2622
El Paso El Dorado (4-3) (3-1) 295 274 2978
El Paso Coronado (3-4) (2-2) 206 241 2697.5
El Paso Eastwood (2-5) (1-3) 263 254 2336
El Paso Franklin (2-5) (1-3) 240 310 2726.5
El Paso Americas (2-5) (1-3) 145 227 2359
El Paso Socorro (0-7)

Who has the worse defense? Pebble Hills has yet to play Eastwood Montwood and El Dorado.

Why did you post that? What is your point to this?

Look at Montwood n Franklin final score
Look at Montwood n Coronado final score

Once you do that then

Look at Pebble Hills n Franklin final score
Look at Pebble Hills n Coronado final score

After you do all of that you will get your answer to your question.

They have #29 on that D that Montwood needs to worry about.

Eastrider
Defense Wins Games
Ram fan

Eastrider, because Montwood is blessed to have the Ty & Andrew Show! Offense is stacked, they are carrying this team, everybody knows this!

Defense Wins Games
Eastrider
Defense Wins Games
Ram fan

Eastrider, because Montwood is blessed to have the Ty & Andrew Show! Offense is stacked, they are carrying this team, everybody knows this!

Its a TEAM, A Team Win.

And we'll keep winning and scoring lots of points with Andrew and Ty. Good luck trying to stop the other 20 on the field.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m