EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2017 Game of the Year!

IF both Montwood and Pebble Hills remain undefeated come Nov. 3rd I predict...and correct me if I'm wrong, that the City of El Paso, will for the first time in history see two undefeated (10-0) varsity high school football teams face-off in a game that I'm calling the GAME OF THE YEAR!!!

Whether or not you like these two teams or not the thought of such a game taking place between a Montwood team that is averaging over 50 points of offense a game, and going up against a Pebble Hills team that's known for it's exceptional defense which allows only 15 points a game, is a very intriguing match-up.

So let's start the conversation. Who thinks a game of this historical magnitude should be played at the Sun Bowl instead of the SISD Student Activities Complex (SAC)?

Re: 2017 Game of the Year!

I usually favor a stronger defense in these match-ups. Will be fun to see from afar how it plays out.

I say these juggernauts shall and will play at the SAC. If it's completely sold out that is simply too bad. Have to be willing to purchase your tickets far in advance. No need for UTEP's stadium. The SAC has held pretty big games in the past like when El Dorado played Permian in the playoffs or when Montwood and El Dorado sold it out a couple of years ago and people I mean lots of people were left outside at the gate listening to the game and even a couple people trying to jump over the fences.

If both survive vs very tough opponents the SAC will be a madhouse. Finally the SAC would be back to being filled like when EDHS played MHS in 2011,12, and 13. Also the AHS games with EDHS and MHS. The place has been a funeral parlor lately so this game is needed. Hopefully both teams win Friday night and we get a great hyped up game on November 3rd.

I’d go see it.

Rams
IF both Montwood and Pebble Hills remain undefeated come Nov. 3rd I predict...and correct me if I'm wrong, that the City of El Paso, will for the first time in history see two undefeated (10-0) varsity high school football teams face-off in a game that I'm calling the GAME OF THE YEAR!!!

Whether or not you like these two teams or not the thought of such a game taking place between a Montwood team that is averaging over 50 points of offense a game, and going up against a Pebble Hills team that's known for it's exceptional defense which allows only 15 points a game, is a very intriguing match-up.

So let's start the conversation. Who thinks a game of this historical magnitude should be played at the Sun Bowl instead of the SISD Student Activities Complex (SAC)?

Com-on Rams, Lets focus on the Americas Game. Don't assume. Next week we can entertain all the hype you want to start to soon.

“Game of the Year” already happened last week at Conquest Stadium. DV-25 Eastlake-21. Came down to the last seconds, I got my money worth.

Rams

10-0? Where are you getting that from?

Pebble Hills wins this week and Montwood wins this week they both will be 8-0 when they play each other.

This topic is a little premature. I am sure Americas wants to so badly beat Montwood it would make up for all their losses and I am sure Eastwood wants to so badly beat Pebble Hills it would make up for all their losses. Americas and Eastwood are seeing their games with Montwood and Pebble Hills this week as their Super Bowls. They want to spoil everyone's party by tossing wrenches in peoples undefeated seasons. It's the only thing they have to play for since they will both be missing the playoffs.

Americas and Eastwood will be holding and trying to cause frustration on Montwood and Pebble Hills during these games and doing whatever it takes to win their games this week against Montwood and Pebble Hills and so Referees are going to have a long night with their penalty flags flying everywhere.

Qbert
This topic is a little premature. I am sure Americas wants to so badly beat Montwood it would make up for all their losses and I am sure Eastwood wants to so badly beat Pebble Hills it would make up for all their losses. Americas and Eastwood are seeing their games with Montwood and Pebble Hills this week as their Super Bowls. They want to spoil everyone's party by tossing wrenches in peoples undefeated seasons. It's the only thing they have to play for since they will both be missing the playoffs.

Americas and Eastwood will be holding and trying to cause frustration on Montwood and Pebble Hills during these games and doing whatever it takes to win their games this week against Montwood and Pebble Hills and so Referees are going to have a long night with their penalty flags flying everywhere.

Im with you on this one Qbert, Im a Montwood Fan and don't agree with Rams anticipation. One game at a Time.

Who Dat
“Game of the Year” already happened last week at Conquest Stadium. DV-25 Eastlake-21. Came down to the last seconds, I got my money worth.

That wasn't no game of the year. It was a exciting game but by no means game of the year. That Del Valle and Eastlake game was like what every local media called it just another game of the week.

Del Valle couldn't even beat one of the teams at the bottom of the 6A barrel Americas.

And Who Dat don't reply to this post of mine because this topic is about Montwood and Pebble Hills not Del Valle and Eastlake. I believe there is a topic in this forum on Del Valle and Eastlake go look for it and reply over there.

I think in 2003 Andress-Montwood was the last undefeated teams to meet like that, Montwood was #1, Andress was #2, and Chuck Veliz blew it by trying to go for 2 and Andress stuffed Eddie Britton. Place was a made house!

Correction...both teams will be 8-0 if they win their next game on Friday night. And yes...I'm already hyping this game up and for all you haters that don't like it, you can stay home Nov 3 or you can spend your money on Socorro Vs. Eastwood or Eastlake Vs. Ysleta, take your pick. Besides who says only Westside teams can play in the Sun Bowl?

Eyes_From_The_Box,

That's great to know...and it would be even more historic if Montwood could make history again.

Qbert

Qbert every single game is like that down and dirty. The players holding, players grabbing the facemask, players cussing at each other, players talking trash to one another about each others girlfriends and also boyfriends, etc. It is just up to the officials coordinating and orchestrating the game if they feel like putting any effort in grabbing their flag, using their old muscles, joints, bones by tossing it in the air, then painstakingly putting work on their beat up back, spine, and muscles by bending over and picking their flag back up.

Rams
Eyes_From_The_Box,

That's great to know...and it would be even more historic if Montwood could make history again.

Rams, just save it for next week. Lets get the W over Americas.

Eastsider,

Who are you to tell somebody what to do? Worry about your own team. By the way it's a free world...you don't have to comment.

Rams
Eastsider,

Who are you to tell somebody what to do? Worry about your own team. By the way it's a free world...you don't have to comment.

I agree. That for you is typical El Pasoans who majority rather talk football after the games instead of before the games. It's like Franklin people majority of them did not talk before the season by encouraging their team and displaying pride and today that Franklin is losing and losing and losing they are asking for Walker to be replaced and pointing the finger at all Franklin coaches and all over the place rather than pointing it upon themselves.

Same thing with Eastwood majority did not talk about Eastwood football before the season by encouraging their team and displaying pride and all of a sudden they start losing game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game and today they want to talk Eastwood football by putting the Eastwood coach on the hot seat and blaming it on all the Eastwood coaches for all the losses rather than blaming themselves.

Honestly this is pathetic I see it every year in this board. People's tongues and fingers loosen up when their team start to lose games rather than loosing up before the season and before games by encouraging their team and displaying their pride for their team before a season and games.

My brother and I sometimes joke but it may hold some truth that majority of El Pasoans are backward thinkers and believers.

Rams,

I agree...if both teams manage to win their games this week a game between an undefeated Pebble Hills and Montwood Rams would be a great game to watch. But personally, I predict Eastwood will beat Pebble Hills.

Fans, of course this is all speculation so no need to stress yourselves out about a game that doesn't take place until Nov 3 but it's okay to speculate and have fun talking about it.

Parkland Vs Riverside in 2006. Both teams were 8-0.... It's not a first

An undefeated Pebble Hills Vs. Montwood would definitely be the game of the year in 6A.

Juco
Rams
Eastsider,

I agree. That for you is typical El Pasoans who majority rather talk football after the games instead of before the games. It's like Franklin people majority of them did not talk before the season by encouraging their team and displaying pride and today that Franklin is losing and losing and losing they are asking for Walker to be replaced and pointing the finger at all Franklin coaches and all over the place rather than pointing it upon themselves.

Same thing with Eastwood majority did not talk about Eastwood football before the season by encouraging their team and displaying pride and all of a sudden they start losing game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game after game and today they want to talk Eastwood football by putting the Eastwood coach on the hot seat and blaming it on all the Eastwood coaches for all the losses rather than blaming themselves.

Honestly this is pathetic I see it every year in this board. People's tongues and fingers loosen up when their team start to lose games rather than loosing up before the season and before games by encouraging their team and displaying their pride for their team before a season and games.

My brother and I sometimes joke but it may hold some truth that majority of El Pasoans are backward thinkers and believers.

It ain't a topic until someone throws the "typical El Paso mentality". Lol If your hometown is so great, why are you still here? That's all I'm saying...

Well Pebble Hills won and also Montwood.

Battle of the East is so on!

I'll take Pebble Hills!! These young men are legit

Yes Pebble Hills looked good tonight, but so did Montwood.

BIG TIME
Yes Pebble Hills looked good tonight, but so did Montwood.

Right after non District games I thought these guys were gonna end up 3rd in district. Seems they are a different animal. They will beat montwood by two maybe even three scores. Not to say montwood is bad, just that PH is the better team. Both will represent EP well come playoffs

Going down next friday night 8-0 vs 8-0 may the best team win. Go Rams

Both teams have very explosive offenses and multiple playmakers. I believe the defenses that comes up with stops and or turnovers will turn the tide in their teams favor. Also the battle in the trenches. PHHS is not big upfront defensively but they are very fast to the ball. MHS O-line has given their backs holes to run and the QB time to pass. Yes, they may be suspect but 8-0 didn't happen with a bad O-line.
MHS D-line has some size and moves well. PHHS has a big O line that really plays well with each other and has given Gerber tremendous running lanes.
QB head to head goes to MHS no question
RB head to head goes to PHHS no question
WR Corp is a really close one but I'd take PHHS
LB is another good head to head comparison. I'll call it a toss up barely. #44 for PHHS has college football size and he likes to bring the contact.
DB another close comparison. Tyrus swings it to MHS
Coaching goes to PHHS. Both staffs are good nonetheless.
All that to say my heart wants PHHS SPARTANS to win and I'll be cheering for them. BUT its hard to pick against the best QB on the field.
MHS in a shoot out. I do want to be wrong.LOL

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m